• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread v. Let's quit the cancer

yea i tried wellputrid a few months ago for it.

Lets just say the whole time i was on it(about a week) i was angry, quick to snap, irratable, and i think if i kept taking it i would have ended up hurting someone, and/or got myself into trouble. it almost had me psychotic, mind you it was 350mg a day, i believe they go up to 400mg a day.

Anyway i said fuck taht ill just keep the cigs. Now i only smoke about 3 cigs a day unless im drinking or fucked up

Oh and yea i would definately replace cigs with weed if weed was the price of cigs gram for gram.

Why is that?

quickly charged battery with long life, cheap cartridges/refillable cartridges and liquid, thick vapor production, great taste, great customer service, it actually FEELS like a cigarette

Nice. I was stoked about the prices (that we can't discuss here) until I noticed it was British Pounds not US Dollars, I was like damn this is a good deal! But the exchange rate is soooo pathetic, thank you anyways though.

Has anyone here ever tried to quit using books? Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking as well as Freedom From Nicotine were instrumental for me in ceasing my nicotine use.

Unless another one exists and is brought to my attention I'm going to make this The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread.

Let's get all the tips, advice, experiences in one thread and see what happens maybe we can make something of it :)

My tip: replace cancer with cannabis for a rapid detox, per say, with no nicotine whatsoever.

Has anyone used Wellbutrin for quitting cigarettes? I've heard about it being prescribed for this purpose off-label I believe.

This is an old question and may have been answered, but yes, they do prescribe it for smoking cessation, but it's not off-label...some company just got to patent it for cigarette smoking.........................

And yes, I need to quit as well...wanting to try chantix, but afraid of anti-depressant like effects...and I'm a bit apathetic towards death right now anyways, and tend to have a lot of suicidal ideation...

I've been down to less than 1 cig/day for the past few weeks. I want to quit that last one more than anything.

Sometimes il go a few days then cave and buy a loosie. Other times I'll be good but when I go to group 2x a week, almost EVERYONE SMOKES and they all ask if I want one.

Honestly that's the hardest part. Saying no when I go to group. The social habit does the last IME.

I want to be done. I have bad lungs (asthma, allergies, pectus carinatum) so the doc always tells me a few cigs for me is like a pack for someone else.

Good for you :). Maybe ask your friend not to smoke around you? If he is a good friend and you ask nicely he should understand. Try to remember that having a craving doesn't mean you have to act on it and it will pass. You could try using something like gum or e-cigarettes to help, I know it's extremely triggering to watch other people smoke. There is a quitting smoking thread here: The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread v. Let's quit the cancer

tell yourself that you refuse to be a slave to cigarretes and if you can just use self control to fight the craving it will go away. if you or youre buddy smoke cannabis, i feel like it can help get people off cigs too

Don't even mention quitting. If you are offered a cigarette just say not now maybe later. I doubt you can ask anyone else to not smoke but let them do what they want. Stay strong. Good luck

If its 4 days on your own willpower alone.. U might survive catching up with your mate better than you think.. I commend you so far, my willpower lasted 2 weeks before the ex missus threw a pack at my head and said "smoke em, your making everybody else miserablë!"

I'm looking into champix shortly as another method to try and ditch the smokes. Best of luck mate!

tell yourself that you refuse to be a slave to cigarretes and if you can just use self control to fight the craving it will go away.
Trying to "fight" the cravings is actually not helpful, you can't control them, it's best to accept the cravings and realize that you do not have to act on them. You can choose to do something else to distract yourself and the craving will pass. Eventually the cravings will get less frequent.

Don't even mention quitting. If you are offered a cigarette just say not now maybe later. I doubt you can ask anyone else to not smoke but let them do what they want.
I would definitely tell the friend I was quitting if it were me. If I knew my friend was quitting I would try not to smoke in front of them and I would not offer them cigarettes, whereas if I didn't even know they were quitting I would be smoking lots and offering them cigarettes etc. It's true you shouldn't ask a friend not to smoke at all, but you can ask them - very politely (this is key) - if they are perhaps willing to not smoke in front of you and explain that you are struggling with seeing other people smoke since you are in the early stages of quitting. Or you can not go to their house and instead go somewhere where they can't smoke and so if they want to have a smoke they will discreetly go outside and not invite you to join them for one. It seems silly and counterproductive to me to not even tell them you are trying to quit and to say "maybe later" when offered a cigarette.

it's the hardest thing to quit for me i could deal with my back going out a few times a month and the daily pain + the wds from stopping my opioid drugs but tobacco is so hard to quit

I quit smoking cold turkey 6 days ago, I was smoking about one pack of Camel Blues or lights a day. I feel a lot better, my taste and smell are slowly starting to come back around. Whats strange is that the only withdrawl symptoms I've had are mild anxiety, mild headaches, and lethargy for the first two days after I quit. I really wish I had done this sooner.
I'm not having any cravings and I purposely went around some people who were smoking and I didn't even feel like smoking, the smell of smoke smelled a little strange to me and I said no more I will never smoke another cigarette again in my life. Good luck to everybody who has quit or is in the proces of quitting. -556m4 :)

I'm a casual smoker, some days I smoke none, most I smoke 1, maybe 2. Other nights, if in drinking I'll smoke like 8.
For a long time I used snus and it helped a lot. I actually really liked not reeking of smokes, and being able to do it around people who did not approve of nicotine. But alas, I've been smoking more recently.
I realized I needed to quit when I went scuba diving after 5 years and used my air up SO fast. After that, I always feel guilty when I smoke.
I got a chest X-ray a while back, and the doc said I looked healthy. I need to take advantage of that and quit before its too late.

I have been a smoker since i was 21 at the age of 27 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, I was smoking and taking birth control pills at the time, before it happened, man you never forget the Cancer call from the dr Ever...But sad to say I am now 42 and still smoke so I am happy for the ones that have quit! a big hug to all. I myself dont want to nor will I.