• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Official Bluelight Smoking Cessation Thread v. Let's quit the cancer

I just quit like 36 hours ago.. luckily for me it is relatively easy. amphetamines make me not want to smoke, as well. and I was only smoking since turkey day bt smoked most of 2001-2012. well, 7-8 of those years. ex moved out, all done now.

I just quit like 36 hours ago.. luckily for me it is relatively easy. amphetamines make me not want to smoke, as well. and I was only smoking since turkey day bt smoked most of 2001-2012. well, 7-8 of those years. ex moved out, all done now.

Congrats on quitting, hope it goes well for you.

good job

tyty. I really am lucky though. I don't feel as it is all that hard. must be an nmda thing. I dunno. I think it may be from focusing on my body. at the 24 hour mark my lungs start to feel so much better than the clean feeling overrides the desire for a cigarette.

Got my ecig monday, smoked 3 cancer sticks in 3 days so a great improvement if nothing else!

I hope to get down to 0 cigarettes and then taper my nicotine concentration off, then I can solely use it to vape other things :)

Ecig is a great way to go. I have been a vapor for 1.5yrs now. Smoked for 15-18yrs. Im 32, and the only time I even want to smoke a cigarette is when Im rolling or insanely drunk. Im talking 1-cig every 3months or so. I realize how disgusting it tatses and put it out less than halfway through! Ecig Forum is the largest forum on the net and highly recommend anyone interested in becoming a vapor to sign up over there! Very friendly people that will get you started on the right foot. It can be quite confusing on where to begin! Stay away from the small gas station ones (or anyone thats the size of a ciggerette) They suck really bad and are a complete waste of money.

I personally use a Variable Wattage Darwin, and VmodXL with a Kick installed (Kick is a drop in module mabe by evolv vapor that allows you to turn tube mods into a darwin (kinda) you have to adjust a pot to set the wattage level. Once you find your sweet spot you rarely need to adjust it.

In the future I will most likely be getting a Reo Grand as I now love bottom feeder mods! They are the most convient. Fill your 10ml bottle and your good for several days without doing anything.

Thought this might help some people. There are literally a zillion mods out there now and its a rapidly changing technology.

Best part is I can vape at work all day long!!!! There are several of us at my work that switched. Even the higher ups are very happy we swithed and dont say anything about using it in the office. Of course I work at a laid back post-production house.... things are slightly different here than a normal office.

One last thing, my girlfriend is also a vapor, she had horrible asthma and would end up in the ER a few times a year because of it. Every since she switched it almost completely went away. I see her use her inhaler like once a month now. It was every day, All day before. She would be breathing so bad it would scare the crap out of me. We both also feel so much better since we swithed.

You should go into like this (I now have in ecig, but I can still smoke when I want to) what ends up happing is most people slowly use there vaporizer more and more and smoke less cigs. Usually after 3months you will realize your not really smoking anymore!)

It makes the switch 100 times easier.

Last edited:
ecigs feel harder on my throat than conventional cigs, personally I hate them.

ecigs feel harder on my throat than conventional cigs, personally I hate them.

This changes and completely reverses itself until you get use to it after a few weeks to a month. Now regular cigs hurt my throat and ecigs dont.

Remember the first time you inhaled a cigarette? Im sure that didn't feel to good either.

J

This changes and completely reverses itself until you get use to it after a few weeks to a month. Now regular cigs hurt my throat and ecigs dont.

Remember the first time you inhaled a cigarette? Im sure that didn't feel to good either.

^ this

When I watch tobacco smokers try to hit wax/weed, it's almost like they can't do it at the same rate a wax-only connoisseur can. You could blame the wax, but that would be silly as I can dab wax without even coughing.

You have to realize how much damage tobacco does to your respiratory tract, and how long this is going to take to start to repair before you can inhale anything normally again.

I read that the bark of the Mulungu tree (Mulungu erythrina) contains constitutents that A) bind to and block nicotine receptors and B) have a mild GABAergic effect. So in essence it is natures benzo and should also be able to help people quit smoking, when brewed as a tea or bark is chewed much like dip tobacco is. I posted a while back asking if anyone had experience combating benzo wd's with this plant, but no good responses so far. So now I will rejuvinate the idea of using this plant and its benefits here - anyone used mulungu to get off smokes?

I quit smoking cigarettes exactly a month ago and I'm thrilled, I really think this is it, I'm done with tobacco!
And this attempt has by far been the easiest one ever. My ecig has successfully kept the cravings away this time. I used to smoke 7-10 cigarettes a day and I now use 18mg nicotine liquid in my ecig.

I'm so glad that brick and mortar ecig stores have popped up everywhere in my city, this has changed everything. It used to be a pain in the ass to use an ecig because you had to order everything online and wait for orders to arrive while fighting the urge to go buy a pack of cigs... Now I can just walk in a store and get what I need. Two ecig stores in my neighborhood are open 7days/week so I really have no excuse to buy cigarettes. I can even try liquids and equipment before buying.

I cheated once 2 weeks ago and I wasn't even able to finish the cigarette, I found it tasteless, which is amazing to me (usually when I try quitting my 1st ''cheating cig'' tastes like heaven...). This is why I'm so thrilled. I wish the best of luck to anyone trying to quit, it really is worth it.

Big congrats to everyone who was able to quit!
I quit 17 years ago, but I admit it wasn't as severe an addiction as most as I had only smoked a year prior.
I actually stopped drinking coffee at the same time bc the ritual of a coffee/cig made it so tough to just have a coffee. It triggered bad cravings . So I gave up coffee too, for almost a year.
Even though in estatic I quit and don't crave smoking, I still get a little feeling every single day.. You know the ritual if lighting up and taking the first puff, inhaling to your toes, and breathing that sigh of relief? That's the only part I miss.

Been on a menthol e-cig for a couple of months now, chest nose & throat all feel much better. Still smoking a gram of tobacco & a gram of weed a day mixed in joints, but no rollies at all, it's just easier to go on the e-cig & tastes better too. I need a different flavour though, everything else tastes like I've just brushed my teeth, I want one that isn't too sweet or tobacco flavoured, any suggestions?

I'm even considering switching to marshmallow leaf instead of tobacco to pad out my joints, got some for a friend who has given up nicotine totally, he was smoking some horrible mouldy-cabbage tasting herbal blend stuff mixed with weed, but marshmellow leaf doesn't have much taste at all on it's own.

I got a pack of 5 'GS H2 Wickless Rebuildable Atomiser's off ebay, £6.99 & includes 2 spare coils. They work really well, no leaks, blockages, easy to clean (just push a cotton bud through it), rebuildable. Much better than the old CE4 type.

Last edited:
Swedish snus is the only way I can go without cigs for more than a few hours.

E-cigs/nicotine vaporizers never cut it for me.

If you are trying to quit cigs and having a hard time with the e-cigs I'd suggest switching to Swedish Snus or combine snus and vape.
Plus snus has a cancer rate comparable to e-cigs... So much better for you than cigs.

Last edited:
I need a different flavour though, everything else tastes like I've just brushed my teeth, I want one that isn't too sweet or tobacco flavoured, any suggestions?

Yeah, I'm stuck on menthol too, but I just tried a melon flavour (by Flavour Crafters) and I really liked it, even if I'm not a fan of fruit flavours usually.

Swedish snus is the only way I can go without cigs for more than a few hours.

E-cigs/nicotine vaporizers never cut it for me.

If you are trying to quit cigs and having a hard time with the e-cigs I'd suggest switching to Swedish Snus or combine snus and vape.
Plus snus has a cancer rate comparable to e-cigs... So much better for you than cigs.

I'm doing great with the e-cig, just want a new flavour. Snus is illegal here in the UK too :(

I'm tempted to try some snuff before I totally give nicotine up, never had snuff.

disposable ecigs, worth it?

Depends how much they cost & the type, but usually not worth anything at all, complete waste of time/money. A cheap refillable is much better & costs less in the long run.

I had a mango e-juice which was nice, but it's too sweet, can't have that all the time. They're all either fruit, soft drink, sweet, mint/menthol, coffee or tobacco flavoured that I can see. I want something not tobacco flavoured that will work OK with beer.

Menthol works pretty well as long as I'm not eating or drinking, helps clear any crap off my chest.

Last edited:
disposable ecigs, worth it?

Disposables are probably good enough for occasional smokers. But judging by their price they are not worth it. Just a few bucks more will get you a refillable model with a rechargeable battery and a much better performance. Still, I think it's cool to have an alternative to buying cigarettes in a convenience store.

With the freezing temperatures today in Montreal it feels so good NOT to go outside for a smoke!!