• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson strolled for that 80 yard td against the 2nd string in garbage time... and they pretty well kept green bay in check other than that fancy fake kick. I'll admit i'm biased but you can't deny leading the league in takeaways and being the #1 rush defense! Offense needs to get waaaay more consistent though.

^Bears are still only 1-1 in their division despite impressing. Next 2 games we'll see exactly how good they are v Texans & 49ers.

Bears have given up 8 TD in 8 games, and 4 of those were garbage TD.
Even more impressive when you consider their offense is actually a bit worse than SF offense so they defend a shorter field a lot of the time

Name 6 teams that are better than the Steelers right now.

falcons
bears
packers
texans
49ers
patriots

maybe even the broncos and the ravens. so maybe steelers are #9 in football right now. :)

offensively, steelers are not in the top 10 in points per game, total yards per game and rushing yards per game. in passing yards per game they are 10th.

defensively, steelers are 9th in points per game, 1st in yards per game, 8th in rush yards per game and 1st in pass yards per game.

by any objective measure, the idea that they are the #1 team in football is laughable. even axl wouldn't have the nuts to try on this bs...

alasdair

steelers looked awesome vs tennesee

the best team in the league doesn't lose to the titans, regardless of the circumstances

it's like axl never left. :)

anyway, you didn't bold falcons and texans so you're at least no longer admitting they're the #1 team in football...

alasdair

Tied for #1 :D

I hate to put ATL up at #1.. but they are 8-0 so I do have to give them credit. But I feel like they would not be able compete with Houston and Pittsburgh.

they're not even in first place in their own division...

alasdair

just let the kid believe steelers are the best team in the nfl

are the capable of winning the super bowl this year? certainly

giants are going to lose in the first round if they end up winning the east

they suck at home, yet unbeatable on the road, a rare and consistent pattern

lol

vicktweets1.jpg

vicktweets2.jpg

^ i saw that earlier and my immediate reaction was, sfw...

alasdair

what the fuck does sfw mean?

mike vick had dogs fight other dogs

marcus vick fights other dogs

i just think marcus vick is awesome

mainly because of that time he was arrested for robbing teenagers in a mcdonald's parking lot

that and being a complete bust in all aspect of life

falcons
bears
packers
texans
49ers
patriots

alasdair

I would never state my team, in this case the Steelers, let alone any team I root for is the best, #1 etc. That is just how I am. I will say the stats you listed are factually true but have trended downward (improved) since the beginning of the season. Are the Steelers the best team right now? I dont know if I'm being honest but they made NY look really bad in their house.

Now, about those teams you listed that you think are better.

Falcons are a fraud until they win some playoff games. I dont care if they run the table like NE did years ago, they have to back it up in the playoffs for once. No.

Bears are pretty good and outside of one horrible game against GB, can beat anyone. Probably better.

Packers have the offense to beat anyone but we know how well that worked out for them last year. Aaron Rodgers passing was under 50% at home vs Cardinals, huh? Even.

Texans are a very good and complete team. I'd give them the nod if the game is at their home.

49ers, very good team but Alex Smith just isnt a super QB who, in my opinion, can lead them to the promise land. That D is ridiculous though but this year has been pushed around a little bit. Pretty even but, like the Texans, give them the nod at their home (even with the lights working right & Ben on 2 good legs).

Patsies are very young but rising up. For them, its Dr Jekyll/Mr Hide, you just never know what team will show up. Toss up.

Any team that loses to the raiders and titans is not the best in the NFL.

just cuz Falcons havent won a playoff game in 3 years doesnt mean they cant. Peyton Manning went 0-4 his first 4 playoff games of his career then wins a superbowl. Falcons team all around is clearly much better than its ever been. Their defense use to be shit and now for the first time in a long time its actually good.Their coordinators are a million times better than last year also.

Status
Not open for further replies.