• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I mentioned a few weeks ago I thought the dolphins could challenge the pats for the division. They've got a soft schedule too, definitely the biggest surprise in the AFC this year.

i think KC sucking this bad is more shocking

i didn't think they were going to be really good or anything, but they are as bad as we were supposed to believe the dolphins were going to be

Crabtree and Akers first strike! I'm glad I've got both on my fantasy team too

i think you'll finish 3rd in the afc east with a 7-9 record. but good luck!

alasdair

The insincerity of your post is palpable.

Fins vs Pats will be interesting this year.

Oh and NFC >>>> AFC. No question.

After tonight im thoroughly convinced the 49ers will take the NFC west HANDILY.

Pretty sure Alex smith just went 18-19 with 3 tds against a defense that shut down Brady a few weeks ago. Oh and our defense allowed 6 rushing yards.

Decent game on prime time against a division rival.

Last edited:
ass whoopin

Golson_original.gif

dashon motherfucking goldson

Looks like the angel of Roger is gonna be issuing a fine for leading with the crown on that hit. He blew that fool up!

Nah, he led with his shoulder.

Correct about the blowing him up part though.

The insincerity of your post is palpable.
it's not insincerity. it's sarcasm. and that was just the second sentence. the first sentence is quite sincere. :)
After tonight im thoroughly convinced the 49ers will take the NFC west HANDILY.
i tend to agree.
Pretty sure Alex smith just went 18-19 with 3 tds against a defense that shut down Brady a few weeks ago. Oh and our defense allowed 6 rushing yards.
every team is going to have an off week or two. you guys lost to minnesota... but the sf d is insanely good, for sure.

alasdair

I wouldnt say the SF defense is insanely good, very good yes. But I think Chicago's is better
Dont have the facts to hand but statistically tilll last nights SF game both were close, averaging about 14 points allowed a game and 35% 3rd down conversions.
But Chicago's D has also scored 6td this season is capable of turning the tide in a lot of games by themselves.
Till the Carolina game they had given up 6td in 6 games and 2 of those were garbage time. PLus that points against total is skewed by Chicago allowing fake Fg bullshite for TD's

very unusual for a defense to have basically SCORED more TD than they have given up, that Chicago D is eveolving into a very good one.

Still not sure either D will be enough to stop Eli in the playoffs
Not seen last nights SF Ddisplay but have it recorded to watch at some point this week

Nice to see Oakland winning their 2nd in a row, if not for that fluke injured punter fuckup in the first game we would be 4-3 and tied for the division lead with Denver, the last 2 games our D has been immense even if its against 2 of the worst Teams in the NFL

Last edited:
^ chicago d is the biggest-scoring player on my fantasy team :) :(

alasdair

I wouldnt say the SF defense is insanely good, very good yes. But I think Chicago's is better
Dont have the facts to hand but statistically tilll last nights SF game both were close, averaging about 14 points allowed a game and 35% 3rd down conversions.
But Chicago's D has also scored 6td this season is capable of turning the tide in a lot of games by themselves.
Till the Carolina game they had given up 6td in 6 games and 2 of those were garbage time. PLus that points against total is skewed by Chicago allowing fake Fg bullshite for TD's

very unusual for a defense to have basically SCORED more TD than they have given up, that Chicago D is eveolving into a very good one.

Still not sure either D will be enough to stop Eli in the playoffs
Not seen last nights SF Ddisplay but have it recorded to watch at some point this week

Nice to see Oakland winning their 2nd in a row, if not for that fluke injured punter fuckup in the first game we would be 4-3 and tied for the division lead with Denver, the last 2 games our D has been immense even if its against 2 of the worst Teams in the NFL

The 49ers have allowed 0 td's in 4 of the last 5 games. No doubt i'm bias, but I think they are definitely the best unit in the league. Their starting lineup has pro-bowl caliber players on every level of defense, and they also have solid backups in every position except OLB.

The bears are on the same level, but I dont think their schedule has been that tough and when they have played high powered passing offenses they haven't done as well (lions dont really count this year). They do have all those defensive TD's which are huge, but I think it was kind of an anomaly over a few game stretch and wont be a thing that they do consistently. I also own the bears as my fantasy defense, so im well aware how good they are, but I still think the 49ers deserve #1 if you have to pick between the two.

it's not insincerity. it's sarcasm. and that was just the second sentence. the first sentence is quite sincere. :)
i tend to agree.
every team is going to have an off week or two. you guys lost to minnesota... but the sf d is insanely good, for sure.

alasdair

Fine then ill be more specific, the second sentence in your post was insincere. The patriots have dominated their division like no team in football over the last decade or so and im sure if they lost the division pats fans would freak out. The dolphins and pats play one game in a couple weeks and then again in week 17. You better hope the dolphins are well out of striking distance by that point.

And Minnesota was 4-2, now 4-3 after a tough loss. I still think they have a great shot at being a playoff team. No shame in losing to them on the road. What really irks me is losing to the Giants at home in the manner that we did. I almost hope we play them again in the playoffs this year, we are in need of redemption against them.

Other than those 2 games though, the 49ers have been dominant, one of the best margins of victory after 8 games.

Last edited:
Well I gotta say, so far ive been wrong about the defensive TD from the bears. 2 more in the first half! This defense causes crazy turnovers and they're converting tons of them into TD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.