• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anybody paid attention to Penn State lately? apparently a former Nittany Lions coach is being convicted of sexually assaulting eight boys and the school is currently being charged with perjury! this is a major blow to a program always looked upon as squeaky-clean...

Ya, squeaky clean like the catholic church. It probably is clean in the way we normally use the word, but this is beyond the pale, to be sure... could have happened to any program (aside from the denials an hiding it by the AD), though.

check this sweet brawl between tailgaiters yesterday in tuscaloosa. Axl, feel free to say we don't understand "footbaw" like "you people" do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YiUYbtqhzZY#!

nice, knuckle-dragging FOOTBAW fun, just how I like it!

in the NFL, tonight's match-up between Bmore and Pitt is a good example of what usually happens when two stellar defenses meet. the first half is tight-arsed, dominated by field goals. and then the second half, most namely the 4th quarter opens up when both teams usually score a TD or two

can someone with some photoshop skills please get me a picture of the pedo bear and put it on the nintey lion?

i really need this for my PSU buddy.

what a horrible situation up there.

close but no cigar. ;)

respect_poster_lrg.jpg

yeah man that's some serious F'd up stuff happening in State College (aka Nowhereville aka "we're almost-but-not-quite-to-NYC-ville"), PA

as a former college footbaw player (even tho it was only two years), I can't even imagine this stuff happening

apparently this has been happening for decades??

Penn_State_Football_Art_Print_ps34_large.jpg

thumbnail.aspx

How the fuck do we (arkansas) beat the shit out of SC and not move up any in the polls? Cant wait for LSU vs ARK too bad i want see it being in california though

this penn state thing is so fucked up on so many levels.

i honestly feel bad for PSU die hards right now.

huge hit to the university.

some of the incidents that i've read made my stomach turn.

so much for JoePa's legacy.

yeah man that's some serious F'd up stuff happening in State College (aka Nowhereville aka "we're almost-but-not-quite-to-NYC-ville"), PA

state college is 3 hours east of 'burgh, 2.5 hours northwest of philly, and a good 4.5 hours west of NYC

i fucking love this joe pa interview from last year

'can ya hear me mad dog?' (the dj's name was not mad dog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fS8xLYIVY

perspective, mang. when I used to do my monthly trips to NYC, from Central Ohio, State College was almost, but not quite, to NYC. and it is NOWHEREVILLE. shit, Harrisburg sucks on so many levels. worst rock n roll show I ever played in my life

looks like Ohio State is creeping back into the polls. I can't wait to see Penn State crumble against Nebraska, Wisconsin, and tOSU. yeah, what happened there is some FUCKED UP shit. the reports I've read are so disgustingly graphic that I don't even want to re-type it here. once PSU loses all them above-mentioned games, they will have given up their hold on that part of the Big Ten's division, and tOSU will have moved in front (if tOSU ties Wisky's record, the Buckeyes advance automatically due to head-to-head advantage ;))

people got so mad at Tressel for not deleting an e-mail. even tho Joe Pa did nothing in this here scandal, he was still told and didn't go to the cops (just his superior). how could one not IMMEDIATELY GO to the cops after hearing such gross banality?? I love how Joe Pa is protected, mostly, from flak while Tressel was effing crucified

Joe Pa was great, but he messed up. get him outta there

Maaan apparently the number of kids molested by the dude (who have come out) have doubled already, from 8 to almost 20. It seems like that shit was going on for at least over a decade. This Jerry Sandusky fucker has like 6 adopted children, has fostered kids, did an overnight football camp for kids, ran a charity for kids to "scout" them, and used his position at Penn State to fuck the little boys in locker room showers and get away with it...except for the times he got caught, and Paterno and others were told, but nothing was done. Been going on since 1994 at least too? Fuck a Joe Pa fuck him in his ass.

It looks like all roads point to a JoePa cover-up of this shit, whether there's sufficient evidence to prove anything on him or not, he was involved. Either way he's as good as gone, and yes any other head coach would be getting blasted by the networks already.

This ain't some fucking pay-for-play shit like we're used to. This is the worst college football scandal ever. Is it the worst sports scandal ever?

have I already said that I think Arkansas is a very good footbaw team?

I think they are a bit under-rated, even now. Coach Petrino has got some good juice flowin' after getting Buckeye Stomped last year

looks like they haven't miss Ryan "the Ultimate Bro" Mallet one bit...

The fact that the guy had six adopted orphan kids and ran an entire youth organization may have swayed the opinions of people like Joe Pa. I mean, believing that your DC is a pedophile who adopted six kids and founded a large youth organization, all as a cover for molesting kids, is a bit difficult. It's so crazy that the alternative, the shower experience being misrepresented, sounds far more logical. I'm not condoning any behavior, just saying that this may have been more difficult to call back in ~2002. Joe Pa may or may not have tried to cover this up, I don't think we really know at this point.

Both teams played too conservatively IMO. It's because both teams have super secondaries and mediocre QBs. The option was the only QB play that was really effective all game. The rest of the game was just a hodgepodge of scrums and missed field goals.

Speaking of the option... I know I say this all the time, but why isn't it used more often? It's a wrinkle that even got the Bama #1 defense to give up a ton of yards. We should see more of it, not necessarily as the core of an offense, but as a wrinkle to use about how LSU used it last night.

a few reaons...

- running it right takes a lot of practice, it may not be worth the time if its only a small part of your offense

- turnovers. its easy for stuff to go wrong

- QB injuries.

- you have to have an athletic QB (ideally)

but generally i agree with you. there are so many different options now too, the possibilities are endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.