• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea my bad I guess I looked at the wrong score or something. Anyway note to nick saban recruit a fucking kicker.

Id hate to be Jarret Lee right about now.

And based on what ive seen Kellen Moore looks like the 2nd best QB in college football.

Wah wah wah... Bama's night is sure full of errors. They're a damn good team but gotta execute in some of these key situations. The interception from the wildcat pass was a bit of a fluke though, and a bit questionable IMO since it looked like the ground caused the ball to pop out...

lol, way to pcik em, spacebass. ;)

UGA has a shot inn the east, because SC can't finish what it starts, and bama gets subordinated by a team that might as well go ahead and take the 6th SEC CHAMPIONSHIP trophy in a row.

At least axl has the steelers.

And based on what ive seen Kellen Moore looks like the 2nd best QB in college football.

Kellen moore deserves better defenses than he's played in his career. I'm interested to see how he does in the NFL, for sure, but I think Luck is considerably better.

'round the bowl and down the hole, roll tide, roll.

SABAN-FREAKOUT.gif

^ That's the best use of roll tide that I have ever heard. Out of all of the teams in the SEC, Bama is by far my least favorite.

lol, way to pcik em, spacebass. ;)

UGA has a shot inn the east, because SC can't finish what it starts, and bama gets subordinated by a team that might as well go ahead and take the 6th SEC CHAMPIONSHIP trophy in a row.

At least axl has the steelers.

Yea so much for my picks. Could've cared less who won the LSU-Bama game but jesus we fucking sucked dick through a glory hole tonight. Defense couldn't stop shit...yes our leading tackler was out (with a fucking neck sprain suck it up take a shot and play ball boy) but holy shit we were atrocious out there. Connor fucking Shaw waits until the fourth quarter to actually stay in the pocket and throw downfield. Our O-line was only getting beat in the first quarter really, but as a QB you have to trust that your line will start blocking (which they did) and not run out of a perfect pocket when you have one, stare down the receiver on the side you ran to, and think you can get away with it in D1 football.

There were some things that pissed me off about the officiating, though - a bullshit holding call after we finally hit a big pass downfield. The O-tackle was directly in front of his man and pushing on him with his hands (of course), and the D-lineman barely jumped in the air so it looked like he was being held, I guess. They showed a replay and our guy had no jersey whatsoever. If the refs are going to call that holding then they should have been calling mad holds on both teams throughout the game.
-Also a clear helmet to helmet hit on our QB. I think it gave him a slight concussion, too. Should have been 15 yards for us and a first down, instead it is a lost fumble and the game is iced. Its not like these calls/no calls lost us the game but damn it is frustrating. All SEC refs are juiced in so much and most of them suck. IDK why Mike Slive lets this shit go on year after year.
-And a 20 or so yard catch by an Arky player when his foot could have been out of bounds. On the replay they showed it looked so damn close, like he was stepping out of bounds but his foot was still on green grass that was bent over the white painted grass close. That shit would've been reviewd if it was the LSU-Bama game. Wait no it wouldn't because these refs fucking suck donkey dick and always have. I wouldn't even bitch about shit I expect if it didn't almost get our starting QB almost seriously fucking hurt.

Yes I am BITCHING right now because now I have to rely on fucking Auburn beating Georgia to win the division. Shits weak.

-And a 20 or so yard catch by an Arky player when his foot could have been out of bounds. On the replay they showed it looked so damn close, like he was stepping out of bounds but his foot was still on green grass that was bent over the white painted grass close. That shit would've been reviewd if it was the LSU-Bama game. Wait no it wouldn't because these refs fucking suck donkey dick and always have. I wouldn't even bitch about shit I expect if it didn't almost get our starting QB almost seriously fucking hurt.

which they didn't call as a catch? im pretty sure this happened when i was still sober enough to pay attention to two games at once, and they said the arkansas player was out of bounds and then back in bounds so the catch didn't count. amirite?

Bama really struggled at the QB position last night. They needed to execute a few good throws that weren't checkdowns and it just didn't happen. Trent Richardson is a beast, but as we all know, a running back does not an offense make.

'Game of the Century?' more like 'Shame of the Century.' I do understand that these are two Ali-Frazier type of defenses, but no TDs? five FGs in three hours? I'm glad I was too drunk to watch most of the game, booooooooring

this was like watching Penn State VS Iowa last month. but hey, at least PSU somehow managed to score a TD

just a non-biased fan of "football," reporting what I saw last night ;)

damn Nick Saban really looked pissed off last night

has anybody paid attention to Penn State lately? apparently a former Nittany Lions coach is being convicted of sexually assaulting eight boys and the school is currently being charged with perjury! this is a major blow to a program always looked upon as squeaky-clean...

drunkenness is a bias, so is having you head shoved up your own ohio ass.

What exactly did you expect to happen?

who knows? that's a tricky question to ask in retrospect in regards to this sport...

but I think I can speak on the behalf of most of the Nation when I say that I expected at least a TD? just one... if two is so much to ask for ;)

which they didn't call as a catch? im pretty sure this happened when i was still sober enough to pay attention to two games at once, and they said the arkansas player was out of bounds and then back in bounds so the catch didn't count. amirite?

Nah that did happen, but the one I'm talking about was in the fourth quarter when it was still 28-30. This moved the ball to the SC 9 yard line. I actually found the exact moment down to the seconds on the espn3 replay online, but I doubt anyone cares that much other than me ;)

I still think we will beat Florida at home next week with our leading tackler, "spur" position player Antonio Allen. One of our DB's Holloman got knocked out of the Ark game with a concussion per an Arky helmet to helmet, and so did our starting QB Connor Shaw. Hope these guys are okay and no one else gets thuggish on us like Arkansas did. If we beat Florida we will still sweep the division and have a good chance to beat a possible top 10 Clemson team at home.

but I think I can speak on the behalf of most of the Nation when I say that I expected at least a TD? just one... if two is so much to ask for ;)

Both teams played too conservatively IMO. It's because both teams have super secondaries and mediocre QBs. The option was the only QB play that was really effective all game. The rest of the game was just a hodgepodge of scrums and missed field goals.

Speaking of the option... I know I say this all the time, but why isn't it used more often? It's a wrinkle that even got the Bama #1 defense to give up a ton of yards. We should see more of it, not necessarily as the core of an offense, but as a wrinkle to use about how LSU used it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.