• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
but georgia most certainly did things the SEC way by waiting until after the Florida game to suspend them.

lol

I feel like I'm inaugurated in a special, Ladies (Keni <3) and Gentlemen's NCAA Cheating Club

tOSU VS Indiana. after a brutal scheddy of Nebraska/Michigan State/Wisconsin, it's nice to have an easier game. this Big Ten race is exciting. while we don't have a BCS Title contender, we are no doubt solid up-to-down. SEC is still great, but the only two teams playing great footbaw are LSU and Bama. the only exciting game for the SEC this month is that seminal LSU VS Bama match-up

did you know Nick Saban used to coach the Toledo Rockets? he is such an Ohio boy. fun fact: Saban was 5 points away from taking Toledo (!!!) to an undefeated season in 1990 (two losses). that's some damn impressive coaching, Devil-Man. too bad Saban couldn't do it in the NFL

the name is stupid, but one has to admit that it's going to be a great month for Big Ten footbaw. my conference actually plays exciting games all season. but don't worry, the SECs one big game this year is coming up this weekend

I'm just amazed that Ohio State has a chance to go to Indianapolis to represent our division. all we have to so is win-out (notable games: PSU and Mich) and then Wisconsin sits at home for the championship game. I guess I should never underestimate the Big Ten's likelihood of slurping down scarlet + grey balls ;)

I think Nebraska wins the opposite division, setting up a Nebraska VS Ohio State Big Ten Championship Game in Indy. Ohio State wins this time, due to my team having more play-makers allowed to play (finally) than they did during that match-up

lol

I feel like I'm inaugurated in a special, Ladies (Keni <3) and Gentlemen's NCAA Cheating Club

tOSU VS Indiana. after a brutal scheddy of Nebraska/Michigan State/Wisconsin, it's nice to have an easier game. this Big Ten race is exciting. while we don't have a BCS Title contender, we are no doubt solid up-to-down. SEC is still great, but the only two teams playing great footbaw are LSU and Bama. the only exciting game for the SEC this month is that seminal LSU VS Bama match-up

did you know Nick Saban used to coach the Toledo Rockets? he is such an Ohio boy. fun fact: Saban was 5 points away from taking Toledo (!!!) to an undefeated season in 1990 (two losses). that's some damn impressive coaching, Devil-Man. too bad Saban couldn't do it in the NFL

I guess #7 Arkansas vs #9 USCe (BCS) doesn't fit your definition of exciting? This LSU-Bama game will be the closest thing to a for real NC all year, and no other games are really going to compare to that. It's not that the SEC is sooo great; It's that the SEC West is so freaking great. The SEC East only has two teams in the AP top 25 (USCe #9 and UGA #18 ), but West teams own the #1, 2, 7, and 22 spots. Even USCe and UGA fans will tell you that winning the East is only good for that accomplishment in itself, and there's practically no chance of winning the SEC for either team.

As a fan of a non Bama/LSU SEC team, I can only hope that all of the assistant coaches from those teams leave soon, etc so that we have a chance to win the conference next year with Lattimore back in uniform. I don't care for all of these SEC NC's in a row because it doesn't really help my program. Consider if we had to play Bama or LSU this year instead of Auburn (we play Arky every year and they're usually pretty damn good)- it'd be another loss on our record and we wouldn't be top 10. Take Florida and Tennessee for example: they played LSU and Bama, lost both of course, and got pounded and beat up bad. Then even if you don't play either one (or whoever from the SEC who happens to be beastly good), as a non-powerhouse SEC team like USCe (have to earn your own way recruiting and playing), you have to deal with the fact that one team from your conference is going to the NC and you are bumped up a bowl because of that. Yes it is nice to be bumped up a bowl, but I'd rather win a slightly crappier bowl game than lose a better one, feel me?

Usually the only way USCe is going to win the conference or a BCS bowl game is if the SEC is down. Currently it is up more than ever and we do have a shot at a BCS game, but we haven't had to play LSU or Bama thank God...yet. There's still a good chance we win the East and get killed in the SEC Champ game...perhaps the score will be respectable, but we will probably lose and not have a BCS bowl opportunity. The loser of LSU and Bama will end up ahead of us as a one-loss SEC team.

As for the Big 10 being solid from top to bottom, are you calling Northwestern, Minnesota, and Indiana solid? Dude Vanderbilt would run through all them teams. I know y'all are goin 'lol Vanderbilt' but their new HC Franklin has them boys ready to play. They should've beaten Arkansas last weekend but pulled a Vanderbilt of course. They could very well beat Florida in the Swamp this weekend. If you're calling those teams solid then the only team that ain't solid in the SEC is Kentucky because lol Kentucky sucks. Tennessee isn't solid either actually, but Ole Miss could be a solid team if not in the SEC West.

In conclusion, I don't like all this SEC dominance, I wish all other SEC teams the worst, but it is hard to ignore just how dominant the conference is and how much it affects the SEC teams who aren't beastly good. Didn't plan on typing this much...

Last edited:
hahaha, I'm just trying to spirit some debate in this NCAA thread that most certainly is lacking its claws, compared to the threads of yore

and hey, you won't catch me saying that the Ess Eee Cee ain't the best NCAA footbaw conference, saying the contrary means a footbaw fan is blind (with homerism, as PB pointed out) or uneducated. however, the SEC is not what it used to be in terms of top-to-bottom parity. for the past eight years, the best part about watching "the SEC on CBS" was that any given day on any given Saturday between any given teams most likely would result in one hell of an entertaining game... that's just not how the cookie is crumbling this year

spayceyourbass: I will spare the speculation on who is a better team regarding the bottom feeders (N'Western/Indiana VS Vandy). but let me execute one more verbal jab in declaring that N'Western's offense would light up the Commodores ;) and when I said top-to-bottom, I do have a habit of generally ignoring the lowest of the low in EACH conference. all conferences have cupcakes and imo they aren't worth too much of a mention

but regarding the Big Ten; all casual college footbaw fans and even you SEC fans must admit that the inter-conference game so far have been marvelous. not much separates the tier of division leaders (Wisco, Nebraska, Michigan State) to the next tier of division semi-contenders (Ohio State, Michigan), to the next tier of division long-shots (Illinois, Penn State)

the Big Ten, a conference known to be so tradition-addled that it can teeter by adjectives like "obsolete", finally got with the times and instilled a Conference Championship Game. because of this, so much excitement was in store for us in the month of October, and so much more excitement is showing its leg for this month of November. example, last year tOSU lost early to Wisco, with both MSU and Wisco also losing one game. during this time last year it was just a matter of watching those three teams to see if they would slip up - if they didn't (and they didn't) then they would all be Big Ten Co-Champions, and they were

this year, there is a mad race for the conference championship game in Indy

I might brink on the edge of trolling, but ya'll can see that I am a very unexpectedly happy tOSU fan - I had no idea that my team was going to be possibly in the running to compete in the Big Ten Championship game, most especially after that crushing Nebraska loss

but the Buckeyes bested Wisconsin, and if tOSU wins out it will be represented in Indianapolis

however, per the Big Ten Championship Game rules I just re-read, if a team gets imposed a bowl ban via the NCAA, then they cannot compete in the CCG. knowing my luck this year, the Buckeyes will win out in fabulous fashion, and then get denied a spot in Indy ;)

so the reason I am flirting with trolling my own forum is because I had no idea my team would be this good. it feels great, mang

I think this year is a bit of a fluke in the SEC West. It would be more fun to watch if all the teams were near the same level, like it was the past two seasons, but this year Bama and LSU are just at the best they'll probably be for years in either direction. Bama and LSU this year are both better than they were two and four years ago when they won their respective NC's. On the other hand, both teams from Mississippi are a bit worse than they have been, and Arkansas is having a bit of a problem on defense (though is still a very solid team). Next year will be more balanced I'm sure, no matter how the conference realignment turns out. It'll be more a more average conference throughout, kinda like the Big Ten ;)

Holy shit at all the LSU fans that are rolling into town already. And Bama fans for that matter. I live 2 miles from the UA campus BTW. This place is gonna be crazy. We are planning to be on the quad tailgating. Couldn't get tickets to this one unfortunately. And can't afford to buy any. The ticket prices are astronomical. So we will just watch it on a big ass projector/screen setup we have. I'm really nervous about this one. And really ready for kick-off. ROLL FUCKING TIDE.

i'd like to address this whole conference pride bullshit. other than their horrible taste in rap music, it's really the only thing i don't like about pb and ken. they are some serious fucking fluffers.

i hate alabama. i hate florida. i really fucking hate georgia. i fucking hate every SEC team that isn't tennessee, other than ole miss but that's because they have the best whores. anyway, i hate them so fucking much that i'd love to see fucking rutgers beat the shit out of any of them.

that said, i'm forced by the BCS to pull for SEC teams when they go out of conference because of their computer based gay ass ranking system. i don't get all chest bumpy with other SEC fans, because fuck you and fuck your stupid fucking team. you dumb hick. sorry that you have a 2 year technical degree and your life is so horrible that you have to claim to be a fucking georgia fan because it's the only thing you have going for you.

have i told you that i hate every fucking team in the SEC that isn't tennessee or ole miss? I FUCKIN DO. i fucking hat them some fucking much. i hate them almost as much as i hate the horrible BCS that forces me to pull for these hick faggots come bowl season.

i'm fucking melting.

shit, put tennessee in the god damned big 10 for all i care. i'll fucking hate you faggots just as much. all i care about is tennessee. everyone else can suck my root.

OK grandpa.

I hate the soviet union, but I'm perfectly chill with Stalin hangin with my people in Yalta, and sending millions of unwashed slav farmboys to die in a panzer meat grinder as long as it means my country can chill out and plan D day.

You'd cheer for hilter, or not give a shit because its not your country and fuck it lets do something else on a Saturday. Don't be such a sassy little priss.

Oh and why do you like Ole Miss? Because they tailgate good (no, they tailgate well, faulkner is spinning)? Fuck you, cracker.

finally, a breath of fresh air from a NORMAL, OLD-SCHOOL SEC fan with balls (ChickenScratch)

otoh, I would LOVE to go to that Bama VS LSU game. I remember the biggest game of my life, when tOSU was number one and Michigan was number two, in Columbus. trust me, you Southern simpletons are going to have the time of your life

I read an article on ESPiN that said a pair of tickets to that game were going for $10, 000 !!!

I can't wait for tOSU to ass-rape Indiana. the only time those Hoosiers have been good at footbaw was when Antwaan Randel-El ran that whole offense... but I bet ChickenScratch and me only remember those days ;)

shit nigga, i was in the georgia dome in 1988 when tennessee beat indiana in the peach bowl.

consider my dick whipped out.

OK grandpa.

I hate the soviet union, but I'm perfectly chill with Stalin hangin with my people in Yalta, and sending millions of unwashed slav farmboys to die in a panzer meat grinder as long as it means my country can chill out and plan D day.

You'd cheer for hilter, or not give a shit because its not your country and fuck it lets do something else on a Saturday. Don't be such a sassy little priss.

Oh and why do you like Ole Miss? Because they tailgate good (no, they tailgate well, faulkner is spinning)? Fuck you, cracker.

Best post ever!

wow i didnt know bluelight had a college football thread. im glad i (WVU) finally have another home game tmm (louisville). Having seen LSU play in person this year, i thin alabama will win. we played terrible and still put up points and threw for well over 400 yds. our wide receivers were getting separation we just werent talented enough on the lines, especially on offense.

bama won't have that problem. the bama defense is just too physical too get pounded on the ground. upshaw and hightower are perfect fits to plug up the LSU run game.

geaux tigers though! help that SOS

^Yeah, as a Bama fan, having seen the LSU vs WVU game comforts me a bit.

All im hoping for is a competitive game with a close score. I dont really follow NCAA football enough to know a lot about these teams and how they play so I wont try to analyze the game, but I am exited to see it regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.