• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresno State finally pulled out a win against Utah State last week, and It feels good to win our homecoming game. It helped to erase some of the scars left by Boise 2 weeks ago. No doubt we'll be getting some fresh wounds when we head to Nevada this week.

I'm going to bring up the state of UCLA because someone mentioned our prodigal son, El Jefe...

where the fuck has UCLA been lately? I remember when they used to be about the perpetual second-best in the Pac-10, always coming short of USCw in those days when the Trojans and Pete "Gay Bar" Carroll reigned supreme on the field, in the gay bars, and in the hot tubs with full boners pressed up against young So Cal co-eds

it's pretty crazy to see UCLA down, down, and these past couple years completely out. it seems like their head coach has to go, which is sad because it's always been assumed that he was pretty damn good at his job

I used to liken UCLA to the current state of Penn State in the Big Ten. however, UCLA has gotten even far more worse than even Penn State in the Big Ten. at least Penn State has an extremely intimidating home field advantage and they might be pretty good once every four years, then other than that sliding back to mediocrity... UCLA can't even say that

sorry Jefe, but PSU >>> UCLA, about every damn year these last ten years

god damnit LSU

I DYED MY HAIR JUST FOR YOU TYRANN, AND NOW LOOK AT YOU.

also, kill me before i have to watch another Toledo v __________ at work ever again. at least they are showing Carl's Stone Cold Lock of The Century of The Week.

ALABAMA MOTHERFUCKING FOOTBALL!!
ALABAMA VS TENNESSEE TONIGHT AT 6:15 CENTRAL TIME! WATCH THAT SHIT!

Waiting for my babydoll to get off work so we can ride out to t-town and tailgate n watch the game. rolllllllllllll tideeeeeee!!!

Alabama beats i mean plays LSU in 2 weeks because AL has an off week next week to run plays and get ready to smash.

central time?? only hicks have central time

and Fuck Toledo. give that shit back to Michigan

haha, Purdue can't do any better than this

327534_10101028939793325_12427840_67275243_443677294_o.jpg

Wow, how about that Wisconsin-Michigan State game? What a way to end it. As if I wasn't nervous enough about the upcoming Mich State-Nebraska game...jeeeeez.

fuck yeah Texas Tech! hot diggity damn. I was actually thinking about watching that game but good lord it was delayed for like two hours because of lightning!!!

fuck you Oklahoma, i can't wait to hear all of my friends in Norman excuse this one.

i'm gritting my teeth in excitement over approaching Alabama/LSU game. rawr!@!!rjedlshfdskf!! i can taste the god damn blood D's, can you?

I would still call Illinois a good footbaw team. great? no. a bad team? no

their defense is pretty dang good. their offense is good enough

Neither good enough to beat Purdue. I think the jury returned a "crappy team" verdict. ;)

My college football thoughts:

FSU's poor performance in week four reveals boomer goomer to be an overvalued property. The two best teams are bama and LSU. They both have questions under center, but they field NFL calibur defenses. Arkansas never had a chance, neither did WV.

Houston nutt needs to update his resume if he's going to drop games to vandy and uga.

The big ten-- still not worth watching

Expansion-- the s.e.c. Needs to grab a&m and WV and be done with the talk. Both those teams have shitty academics and scary fans. Short of clemson and fsu, this is the good fit.

Boise-- they aren't going to the NC

OH HEY CHECK ME OUT I'M CORRECT. I over-valued GT (redacted) but I'm completely fucking fine with that.

Last edited:
Neither good enough to beat Purdue. I think the jury returned a "crappy team" verdict. ;)

as soon as I say that, they then lose to Purdue and their gawd-awful cheerleaders. just goes to show how my NCAA year is giong

and the Big Ten still not worth watching?

I'm sure you'd agree with me that the general dollar value drops when a team as explosive as tOSU finds itself in the hardly-before-spent position of mediocrity, that the Big Ten would be experiencing a down year, however...

the Michigan VS Notre Dame (well they wish they were in the Big Ten lolol even Purwho is in the Big Ten)

and the Michigan State VS Wisconsin game beg to differ on your not-worth-watching statement

or let me guess, the SEC is just oh-so-awesome to watch. it's great seeing every team (UGA, Tenn, Vandy, Auburn, even USCe and Fla) suck incredulously while Big Ten boys Nick Saban and Les Miles push all the shit in that those teams happen to field

is that exciting? name one exciting game that you've seen in the almighty SEC. all your conference is this year is the Pac-10 (only one or two good teams) on steroids. I'm sure there is a past good game, I just happen to be overlooking it

Last edited:
In fairness, the two best games yesterday were msu/wisc and ok/ttu. Best meaning entertaining, anyway. Bama and lsu can't help it that they're considerably better than uTenn and Aub.

sometimes I think we really could be on Pardon the Interruption or something, PB...

#verbaljabs

or let me guess, the SEC is just oh-so-awesome to watch. it's great seeing every team (UGA, Tenn, Vandy, Auburn, even USCe and Fla) suck incredulously while Big Ten boys Nick Saban and Les Miles push all the shit in that those teams happen to field
Theres a reason those coaches came to the SEC - better athletes means better chances to recruit good players.

is that exciting? name one exciting game that you've seen in the almighty SEC. all your conference is this year is the Pac-10 (only one or two good teams) on steroids. I'm sure there is a past good game, I just happen to be overlooking it

Pac-10 on steroids? The SEC gots 5 teams in the top 25 (3 teams in the top 10, 4 teams in the top 15 of BCS). There have been plenty of exciting SEC games this year, maybe you haven't been watching enough? USCe-Georgia was the most exciting I've been to this year because of all the defensive scores.

Personally I feel like another conference needs to step up for the good of college football. Or at least one non-SEC team could win a championship sooner or later. It is very possible (not probable) to see an LSU-Bama rematch for the NC if one team is undefeated and the other has 1 close loss to the #1 team. Come on, rest of the country!

haha, as much as you SEC Homers would love to see a Bama VS LSU NC rematch, they will never do it. they didn't do it back in 07 when it was #1 tOSU VS #2 Michigan, and they won't do it now. although, it looks like the BCS is going to have to throw in a Boise State or Oklahoma State, because their front-runners Oklahoma and Wisconsin got bested

if only the NCAA didn't finger-fuck tOSU

have no doubt it my mind, Terrelle Pryor would be raeping those vaunted LSU/Bama defenses in the National Championship. just ask that team with a stupid pig as a mascot in your conference, they will know all about it

if only the NCAA didn't finger-fuck tOSU

have no doubt it my mind, Terrelle Pryor would be raeping those vaunted LSU/Bama defenses in the National Championship. just ask that team with a stupid pig as a mascot in your conference, they will know all about it

OSU did it to themselves. Sure you can say "everybody cheats" but not everybody gets caught and not EVERYBODY cheats. Terrelle Pryor? I wouldn't put it past the Buckies to bring a player back from the NFL! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.