• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man RG3 is putting on a show today against Texas AM. Its such a shame Baylor has no defense because this dude is the most exciting player in college football hands down. If yall switch it on FX right now baylor is down 14 at the start of the 4th but I think something crazy is going to happen. Well nevermind AM was just too much for Baylors defense to handle. But this South Carolina Miss St game is pretty good niether team has much offense to speak of especially since Lattimore just got hurt for SC.

Last edited:
lol, osu in the NC. they gonna play uga there some day ;)

shiiit, son. I can win this "what if" game

the Buckeyes would be stiffly competing for a spot in the BCS NC game if their squad was left unmolested from the probing homosexual hands of the NCAA. Pryor would have been a senior, that pretty much backs up 90 percent of my argument. defense might not be in the Top 5 statistically across the board like last year, due to their greenness, however they are still good enough (even statistically so). the RBs have been DEBO this year without star RB Boom Herron. and he just got in his first game today and had 100 easy yards early in the 3rd quarter

the only questionable game again would have been Wisconsin, but if the Bucks would have topped the Badgers they'd have been in the NC for sure. combine what I just said above with the BCS's love of their perennial cash cow and there ya go

BUT TODAY!! the Buckeyes won!! hahaha! we came on the face of Ron Zook! the Zooker!!

Is anyone else getting pissed at the camera work in some of these high-profile games? ASU vs Oregon is a perfect example. The camera people are doing all of these gimmicky shots, for example, dragging the camera slowly across the play as an extra point is kicked. A lot of the shots near the goal line are shot from crazy angles and the zooming is way overboard. I'm pretty sure some channels do this to NFL games too, trying to look more hi-tech or something. Football is a game of strategy and so it really helps to keep the alignment as simple as possible. Rotating the shot to a weird angle is asinine. What do you guys think?

What an ending to the ASU / Oregon game. A blooper resulting in an interception in the endzone and then Chip Kelley roaring at a fan to shut up. Holy shit. Can't ask for much more than that.

chickenscratch you were a blast! <3 sorry about losing to both pander & i's team two weekends in a row.

Is anyone else getting pissed at the camera work in some of these high-profile games? ASU vs Oregon is a perfect example. The camera people are doing all of these gimmicky shots, for example, dragging the camera slowly across the play as an extra point is kicked. A lot of the shots near the goal line are shot from crazy angles and the zooming is way overboard. I'm pretty sure some channels do this to NFL games too, trying to look more hi-tech or something. Football is a game of strategy and so it really helps to keep the alignment as simple as possible. Rotating the shot to a weird angle is asinine. What do you guys think?

one of my friends actually is a cameraman in the superdome and in death valley occasionally. he says he tries as hard as fucking possible to make things clean and neat, but sometimes he gets a producer that demands fancy super stylized shit like what you're talking about. i guess all i'm saying is that it's not the camera guys fault, it's the producers. apparently shooting a game is harder than it looks. :/

What an ending to the ASU / Oregon game. A blooper resulting in an interception in the endzone and then Chip Kelley roaring at a fan to shut up. Holy shit. Can't ask for much more than that.

That was classic.

I concur, Pegasus. the beauty of this game is its complexity in both the offensive and defensive formations and then how they stack up against one another

kooky camera angles don't serve any purpose at all, really, and they get in the way of a fan like me who likes to dissect what formations say the Defensive Coordinator has his men lined up before the snap. it's lame when I can't make any arm-chair pre-snap reads due to the producers thinking that a certain vantage point is oh so unique and/or pretty

however, I was having this conversation last night while watching some footbaw with a friend and he said he has always enjoyed the behind-the-QB shot that the production team sometimes employs. while they don't stay in this vantage point for too long, I would have to agree with him in that I am all for this view. it's great to get a glimpse as to what the QB might be seeing seconds before he receives that snap (and to see if he is quivering from fear or not, from viewing the 7 200-300 pound gorilla-men getting ready to rush the QB and snap his bones!!)

so I do like that behind-the-QB vantage point. the rest can go to hell

That was classic.

link for LULz = http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2011...ks-exuberant-fan-qwill-you-just-shut-upq.html

this blog post asks two more-than-valid questions:

1) do Oregon fans always storm the field after a victory where they were about a two touchdown favorite?? they know better than to allow that sorta thing with crazed knuckle-dragging Ohio State fans

2) why so serious, Chip? the fans were quite timid in comparison to most 18-22 year old CFB fans attending a night game

but I agree, hilarious! it's nice seeing you around these parts, btw, McGrunge!

THE TIDE WENT DOWN TO OXFORD, THEY WAS LOOKIN FOR A BEAR TO STEAL
NUTT WAS IN A BIND, HE WAS WAY BEHIND, AND HE WAS WILLIN TO MAKE A DEAL

THEY COME ACROSS THIS YOUNG MAN SITTING ON THE BENCH IN THE SAME OLE SPOT
... HE HAD TO CALL UPON THE ONE, THE ONE WHO'S NAMED JEFF SCOTT

JEFF JUMPED UP AND HE SHOUTED OUT "HEY I'M A RUNNING BACK TOO"
AND IF IM LUCKY AGAINST THE BAMA D, I WILL JUST LEAVE BLACK AND BLUE

SABAN GOT OFF THE BUS AND SAID BOYS STAND BACK AND I'LL START THIS SHOW
AND THEY ALL FROZE IN AWE OF THE COACH AS THEY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE GROVE

I'M SURE THIS YEAR IS GONNA BE JUST EXACTLY LIKE ALL THE SAME
SO YA'LL JUST FOLLOW THOSE BABY PAW PRINTS DOWN INTO THE GAME

THE GAME STARTED OFF WITH GOOD OLE TRENT AH RUNNING THROUGH EVERY HOLE
AND SOON IT BECAME APPARENT THAT THE OLE TIDE WAS BOUT TO ROLL

HE WORKED THAT FIELD AND JUST KEPT RUNNING YARD AFTER YARD
AND NUTT KEPT PLAYING "ALL I HAVE IS ALL THESE FRESHMAN" CARD

THEM TEDDY BEARS LOOKED AWFUL, THEY HAD BRUISES, SCRAPES AND DENTS
BUT YOU MUST KNOW THEY'RE UP AGAINST THE NUMBER ONE TIDE DEFENSE!

CHORUS:

COACH ON THE HOT SEAT RUN NUTT RUN
AT THE END OF THIS SEASON YOU'RE TAIL IS DONE

ALL THE BOOSTERS SAY HE'S GOT TO GO....
WILL HE EVER COACH AGAIN, HECK NO HECK NO

NUTT SWALLOWED HIS OLE PRIDE BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT HE'D BEEN BEAT
AND HE LAID THAT GOLDEN BEAR ON THE GROUND RIGHT THERE AT SABAN'S FEET

SABAN SAID JUST COME ON BACK OLE NUTT, IF YOU EVER GET A JOB AGAIN
CUZ I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE YOU SON OF A NUTT, I'M THE BEST THAT'S EVER BEEN!
HEY OLE MISS U JUS GOT BEAT BY ALU RAMMER JAMMER YELLLLOOOWW HAMMERR GIVEEEMM HELL ALABAMA!!!

Alabama is having a great season, I think because of the April tornadoes here they are going to use it to win the national championship again. ROLL FUCKING TIDE!

i have just learned some very disturbing information about tyler bray.

this is his tattoo on his back. and it's very real.

tylerbraybacktat.jpg

^are the letters supposed to be all crooked n shit like that? kids these days.. i'd go back to who the artist was and breathalyze him/her..

Going to the Alabama and Tennessee game this weekend!! It's another late game, so going to tailgate it up and eat some burgers n shit before we all pack in the B-Denny stadium. :)

I think the lady and I will be there as well. We have seats in The Zone. The only game this year I am a bit nervous about is LSU. But, I have faith that the Tide will come out on top.
RMFT

Status
Not open for further replies.