• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be at the Bama game as well bluelighters unite! lol. But for real fuck Tennesee I have a feeling that Simms kid is going to be running for his life all day. my prediction 35-14 Bama.

honey_badger_dont_care_medium.gif

HONEYBADGER suspended for one game for getting so so blazed and failing a drug test. nice.

14 points against Bama would tie the highest amount put up by any team (Arkansas). I think the Razorback offense is a bit better than the Vols. :p I don't wanna talk too much shit though, just stating facts here. ;)

I'll use that to segue into Ohio State conversation

it was so gratifying beating Zooker at Illinois (where the Buckeyes are always played tough against), and actually beating a good footbaw team

if tOSU only bested Nebraska (as they should've), then I would be a very happy Bucks fan with only two losses

now the Buckeyes have a bye week, and then it's a night game hosting BCS-bound Wisconsin

as much as I would love to see Wisco VS LSU/Bama (instead of Oklahoma VS LSU/Bama), it would literally make my season if my Buckeyes beat Wisconsin at home and ruined their National Championship hopes and dreams. well, this victory and then of course Michigan. if the Buckeyes beat Michigan I am parading naked around campus and lighting 20 couches on fire

if tOSU only bested Nebraska (as they should've), then I would be a very happy Bucks fan with only two losses

Nah, that game unfolded as it should have. Nebraska's defense is suffering from a fair bit of bullshit, but the Buckeye's offense has been way off this year. If we had lost that game I probably would have drank myself into oblivion, too, so at the very least, my liver managed to benefit from it.

as much as I would love to see Wisco VS LSU/Bama (instead of Oklahoma VS LSU/Bama), it would literally make my season if my Buckeyes beat Wisconsin at home and ruined their National Championship hopes and dreams.

I'll be sending OSU good vibes for that game, I'm still bitter about the walloping they gave us a few weeks ago.

I will give your team all the respect in the world, and I hope you have a fine season

I just felt that tOSU was the better team that night. amazingly, our coaches put together an offensive game plan that actually made sense. you have to admit, a big factor in your team, Nebraska, winning was due to our starting QB (Braxton Miller) being a pussy and getting hurt and leaving the game

again, I felt like the Buckeyes were the better team that night, but I think if both teams played 10 times than Nebraska would truly win the majority of those games, at least for this year. however, the Buckeyes were pissed and on a roll that night, until the momentum shifted after our QB got hurt

and that was the deciding factor in the game: Nebraska's home-field momentum. the Buckeyes have some talent, but they are very VERY young. once the momentum slipped from their control, they truly had no chance to get back into the game

so...

home-field momentum + QB out of the game = Nebraska win

however, congrats on the won. I can play this game all day end day, in the end, the Cornhuskers won

and actually beating a good footbaw team

lets not kid ourselves here man. ;) IU is only as good as their really weak schedule so far. That would be like crowing about UGA having only one conference loss, (EVEN IF they win out and go the the conference championship)while they avoid playing any hard Sec west opponents.

OSU is a shit sammitch this year, but make no mistake, you don't have to grin while you eat it.

I would still call Illinois a good footbaw team. great? no. a bad team? no

their defense is pretty dang good. their offense is good enough

however, it doesn't take much to call a college footbaw team good. most NCAA teams are what you called, shit sandwiches. most teams go to a damn bowl game, and I think that has a lot to do with it

God i fucking hate the west coast and its bullshit TV schedule!@#! I cant watch my Razorbacks and am instead forced to watch fucking CAL and Oregon every weekend. WTF!@#

No way man, he should be grateful to watch the pinnacle of football— west coast football!. That he wants to see arkansas is just the hegemony of the EAST COAST BIAS. 8(

Where is LD/jefe anyway? Does he only post on Bl USC or UCLA (ohlol) is winning?

i use to watch tennessee football in the middle of pac 10 country at a sports bar every saturday when it wasn't on the local channel.

but then again, that's back when tennessee was actually bad ass, so most of their games got national coverage.

the best was when they had 12 pm est game times which meant 9 am pst. those were really drunken days.

i'm going to my first ever college football game tomorrow - princeton vs. harvard. go crimson!

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.