• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me South Carolina is the team I am still wondering about they seem to know exactly what they need to do to win nothing more nothing less really looking forward to seeing them play some better teams.

This is a good point. South Cack is my team and I think you said what a lot of posters on SEC/Gamecock sites have been trying to say, between the 'omg we suck' freshman punks and the folks who vividly remember going 0-11 not too long ago. A 'feller from SECTalk said USCe looks like the LSU (of past) of the Eastern division. I take that as a compliment, and I'm happy to be 4-0 no matter how ugly our wins have been. For once we have a favorable schedule, and I've got a lot of CASH on us to win the East, but I'm not going to go farther than that at this point. The SEC West is just too beastly, steroid beastly, but I'll take playing Bama/LSU in the SEC Championship game over playing Cam Newton ever again, had he another year of eligibility.

I'm pretty sure it's a night game, so most likely...

who are ya'll taking, Nebraska or Wisconsin?

I'm pretty sure it's a night game, so most likely...

who are ya'll taking, Nebraska or Wisconsin?

Wisc, but hostestly its been a very long time since I set aside several hours to see how nebraska plays... Still, I'm thinkin wisc. That defense, its still there, right?

axl -- i'm still here, kind of. out in the middle of nowhere, (well...an hour away from UA) in Arkansas. No TV, no internet, just witch shit. I've been listening to what games I get out here on the radio in the truck, but so far that's been limited to texas (houston v. new orleans & dallas v wash) oriented games, and of course, arkansas. Their defeat to Bama sounded terrible, I was wincing most of the time. But for all intents and purposes, I haven't seen a single game all season. caught a minute of the oklahoma florida state game when i was out drinking, but i didn't even know the ending of that for days afterwards either. when i get back to atlanta i'll be more up on it, i promise, but for now it's just country shit.

I took this picture at one of the bars here:

316502_641180412873_72207743_33742676_106257757_n.jpg

poor southwest conference, no longer in existence

FSU's poor performance in week four reveals boomer goomer to be an overvalued property.

I had to reformat my PC and lost my BL password for the longest time or I would have replied earlier to this BS.

If you saw the FSU/OU game then you know how physical it was, you know how many players that FSU team lost, and how many others were beat up but able to play before playing a Clemson team which is playing damn good football.

The Sooners had one of their worst starts in a long time against a strong Missouri team (returning the entire defense from the team that beat us last year), and still came back to completely dominate the rest of the game. Not to mention we were also pretty banged up from the physical game with FSU.

Saying OU is overrated based on how a beat up FSU team played is a pretty flimsy statement. We beat them at home with a healthy team and a crowd that hasn't been so raucous in the last 10 years.

I guess that is why we have the season to decide who belongs where. If OU comes out and plays a full 4 quarters of Sooner football I don't think there is a team in the nation that can beat them. However, that is much easier said than done.

I am glad LSU took that number 1 target off our backs. I know that SEC teams have some extra motivation to stick it to LSU as hard as they can.

FSU's performance either hurts OU's image or boosts Clemson's image. IMO, OU is overvalued and Clemson is undervalued. We'll see how the next few weeks play out.

yeah, Wisco can still play some defense. Nebraska's defense does look questionable at best. the big question for Nebraska and Michigan, heading into Big Ten play, is will their respective QBs in Denard Robinson and Taylor Martinez stay healthy enough at the end of the season? at the end of last season, Denard was out and Martinez was limping and not putting up the numbers he used to

at least Nebraska has kind of played somebody (Washington, lol). Wisconsin always has one of the softest out-of-conference scheddies there are. so although their D and their QB look amazing, how will they stack up against some real talent??

FSU's performance either hurts OU's image or boosts Clemson's image. IMO, OU is overvalued and Clemson is undervalued. We'll see how the next few weeks play out.

Don't forget that FSU had important players injured when they played Clemson, who had been cruising through an easy schedule minus a a bad scare against the mighty Wofford Terriers. Clemson fields tremendous talent year after year, but always manage to lose a few head-scratchers against lesser opponents. The problem there has always been coaching, and I don't expect that to change this year. Still they have a great chance to win the ACC.

but how good of a coach can the coach of the Clemson Tigers be if his name is Dabo??

Dabo fucking Swinney

620783.jpg

or

30rock3.jpg

that sweep he called on 4th down at the end when the noles stopped em was questionable IMO.

i mean he won, he did ok, but im not a fan of Dabo

but then again yall know who i was rootin for last saturday :(

I don't understand why anyone runs sweeps anymore. They seem obsolete to me unless your RB can't catch a short pass from the QB and break upfield. A sweep gives away where the play is going from the second of the handoff. If the QB keeps it for a split second while the back gets to the perimeter and then hits him with a quick pass, it gives the defense less time to respond and also the QB another option if the perimeter is blocked.

well, a RB sweep is great play if you have an athletic Tight-End/Tackle (whoever is on the side of the sweep), whose footwork is so assured that he can instantly get outside containment over the defensive linemen/linebackers. also, if your team's RB has no problem with getting to that angle to where he can lift off - it's a great play. I am, of course, more of a fan of diving the RB down the gut with a lead-blocking FB, but a OC must use his backs to their strength. if your team has a smaller, faster RB - then a sweep ain't such a bad call

one rarely sees sweeps anymore, because that play is being CONSUMED by the effing bubble-screen! I HATE that play, just because so many OC in college footbaw are over-using it to death. a bubble screen, for those not in the know, is when the QB hikes the ball, plants his foot, and simply throws a line drive to a receiver. the receiver then takes off. IT IS SUCH A BORING PLAY. usually, there are only what-- like 4 guys involved? the receiver, some blocking linemen/fellow WRs, and two defense-men in a LB/CB hoping to make the tackle. I PRAY that DC in the NCAA will find a way to put an end to this bubble screen spammage - for the sake of footbaw as a whole

^Yeah, quick throws in the backfield are replacing sweeps. That's what I was getting at too. :p They don't bother me so much though, I think the defense has to be up to the challenge! The defense has big opportunities too if a team uses these throws a lot.

ark better slow this down, they're getting spanked right out the game

shit its only half way thru the 1st so there is plenty of game to play but texas boys bein goin off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kOSLJ3rMAU

dont reallt care for A&M but its hard to route against a TX team,

so far, they're giggin 'em, whatever the fuck that means

ark O-line better step up

they're playin scared with all these false starts and even still cant give decent protection

EDIT: just as i say that they give him some protection n its a 68yard TD,

glad this didnt get too outta hand i wanted to watch a game this morning

damn I wish I was getting that Arkansas VS Texas A+M game. all I'm getting up here is like Toledo, Army, Navy, etc. I'm stuck watching LSU VS Kentucky at the moment, which surprisingly isn't getting that out of hand quite yet

oh and Will Muschamp sounds like an effing idiot. I'm not saying that Southerners are dumb, but when one is dumb and a Southerner, their idiocy seems to shine even more

who doesn't know what a Padawan is??

Yeah Arkansas vs TAMU is shaping up to a pretty good game. Arkansas needs to stop making such bad penalties though.

Status
Not open for further replies.