• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yeah, Arkansas is a good team, probably the best offense in the SEC, but the Bama secondary should really limit their potential IMO. Regardless, it's an unreal matchup and I'm really excited to see it play out. I don't think matchups get much better than this in college football.

^^Garnett and Gold hur nukka

freshman QB for FSU looked damn confident, interested to see if they are gonna give the reigns back over to EJ, i suspect they will but damn young dude looked tough, this weekend isnt gonna be easy either though with clementine, they looked boss against auburn, but then again auburn alost lost to utah st so maybe they were overratted, either way GO NOLES! dont let OK fuck up the rest of our season

hope A&M looses but dont care too much should be a great game to watch, also cant wait for BAMA ARK game, not sure how okst and A&M or bama ark werent the big night game, i have a feeling LSU WV is gonna be a shit game, i mean i hope not but i dont have much faith in WV

^ Arkansas vs Bama is on CBS (2:30pm), that's why. SEC early games are not on ESPN that often IME.

I bleed orange and blue!

Go suck a dick

Meh, decided I should edit this. I was just fucking around, since I am a Canes fan and you are a fan of my most hated team, but the sarcasm in my post will not come across clearly enough.

Welcome to S&G.

By the way, I still hate you, just cause of the colors you rep.

Last edited:
EJECTO_SEATO_CHIZ_medium.gif

EJECTO SEATO, CUZ!!!

"Bleed orange and blue" could easily refer to a team other than UF, especially Auburn...

i'm really fucking pissed about this A&M and Mizzou coming to the SEC bullshit.

they're not even geographically in the southeast.

what are we gonna do? move auburn and bamma to the east and vandy to the west?

it's fucking horse shit all around. the only people that benefit from this are the people making money off it. not the students, fans or players.

i'm really fucking pissed about this A&M and Mizzou coming to the SEC bullshit.

they're not even geographically in the southeast.

what are we gonna do? move auburn and bamma to the east and vandy to the west?

it's fucking horse shit all around. the only people that benefit from this are the people making money off it. not the students, fans or players.

Completely agree if its not broke dont fix it

I think it's funny that the laudable SEC gets two shitty teams in Mizzou and Texas A+M. well not shitty, just incomparable to the rest of the division

while the Big Ten, in my opinion, the division closest to the SEC in terms of quality - got Nebraska. and is eying Oklahoma. two excellent divisions. the Big Ten the conference of the future?

also, I think it's hilarious how Notre Dame is too pussy to join the Big Ten. we have tried so many times to get them off their high-horse and into the Big Ten, but they said they would rather join the shitty ACC instead (most likely so they can be dominant)

fuck Notre Dame?

the Big Ten the conference of the future?

lolz.

i don't care who you get, you'll never be able to recruit like we can down south. that's just a fact. it's ok to be 2nd best, just know your place.

i think we can all agree that notre dame is gay.

while I will say you guys do get some high school footbaw gems down there, I will represent my home State of Ohio and say that you are blind from homerism if you aren't educated in the fact that Ohio high school footbaw is just as brutal. it's common knowledge that the states/regions that produce the best recruits are the South (Fl, GA, AL, etc), Texas, maybe certain regions of Cali and Penn, and then Ohio

so maybe for recruiting the SEC > the Big Ten, but the State of Ohio is on par with the SEC no doubt

in fact, since 2000 the school with the most NFL drafts is Ohio State. fyi - the school with the second most drafts is the U. fwiw - the school with the most first round draft picks is Florida, I believe. although about 85 percent of tOSU players are from Ohio, of course some of them are not. so I am skewing the stats a bit, I admit, but I think by said information one can gather that Ohio is equal to most of the South

and if you are trying to lump the whole South together (as you provincial Dixie types oft do), then I would say that certain Southern states may have a leg up on Ohio (maybe FL + GA), then the number of Southern states that are weaker than Ohio in recruiting is greater than the number that is more worthy. for example, I would say off the bat that Ohio > your Tenn, KY, Miss, etc to name a few)

I played Ohio high school ball and it was no joke. although sacking Brady Quinn was the highlight of my career for sure. you just can't categorize that type of boner

oh and Fuck Notre Dame

brady_quinn.jpg

sweet melt.

in all seriousness, i really don't know shit about ohio HS football. i just know that we got more black folks down here.

and i wouldn't call myself an SEC homer. i fucking hate every school in the SEC other than UT and Ole Miss (just cuz they know how to party and are never a threat).

that's pretty rad that you sacked brady quinn. i took showers with plaxico burress in military school.

Axl, give Nick Saban a full decade to get recruits to the NFL, I'm sure he'll then hold first place in that stat. Bama's current starting defense is pretty much all NFL bound.

I'm not too upset about the added teams, honestly I was a bit bothered the past few seasons about the SEC (West in particular) being so damn strong. Remeber axl, last year's Capital One bowl was 9-3 Alabama representing the SEC West and 11-1 Michigan State repping the Big 10, and Michigan State didn't score until a garbage TD at the end of the 4th quarter, after Bama racked up 49 points and pulled its starters. Bama and LSU had ridiculously tough schedules last season and in a league where each loss counts so strongly, I think a few more average strength games are a good thing.

Axl, give Nick Saban a full decade to get recruits to the NFL, I'm sure he'll then hold first place in that stat. Bama's current starting defense is pretty much all NFL bound.

true statement. gotta love Nick Saban. he is an Ohio guy after all :)

I'm not too upset about the added teams, honestly I was a bit bothered the past few seasons about the SEC (West in particular) being so damn strong. Remeber axl, last year's Capital One bowl was 9-3 Alabama representing the SEC West and 11-1 Michigan State repping the Big 10, and Michigan State didn't score until a garbage TD...

another good point, however it is my opinion that Michigan State was a bit over-hyped last year. remember, they did not play tOSU and they got beat by an always just-above-mediocre Iowa squad. it was my opinion that Ohio State should have played against Bama in that bowl game. now THAT would have been a great game. didn't Arkansas take Bama to the wire last year? tOSU topped Ark and I feel like a tOSU/Bama game would have been great as well as then having MSU/Arkansas. but that's the BCS for ya...

^I agree, MSU was overhyped and OSU would have made for a much better game. And yes, Arkansas did have a good game vs Bama, but I don't know what you mean about Arkansas losing to OSU... I don't see a record of that win anywhere! ;) :p

looks like I got tickets to tOSU game tomorrow at 3: 30 when the raging Colorado Buffs come into town as a belated b-day present! I'm going to drink like I'm in college

this should be a big win, and I know most of you don't know/don't care about tOSU footbaw right now because for once we are not on top of the world. but it has been announced that our white 6th year senior Joe Bauserman has lost his starting QB job. he was maybe the worse Buckeye QB I've seen as of late. although he never threw an interception, he would be too timid and scared to make a mistake - so 3/4 of his passing plays would result in him throwing the ball away

BUT NOW much-heralded 4-star recruit Braxton Miller is getting the keys to the offense, starting tomorrow. he is almost as hyped as Terrelle Pryor was, although he is a bit smaller but he also has a better looking arm. the ceiling to this guy is pretty much unlimited, and if he can start his run well and give the Bucks a good 3-4 years before he tries to go pro; I do believe my team will be back in the Top 10 starting next year

so the game is nationally televised, so you can all flip through and watch to see how he is doing. he probably will make some mistakes, for example INTs and fumbles, but these are growing pains and what better time to start then against a very-weak CU Pac-12 team. also, look for me in the B-deck. I got some awesome seats ;)

GO BUCKS!!

damn!! where is everybody!!

Methadone? ChickenScratch? Kenickie (she's been AWOL all season? did she give in footbaw for Barbies finally?), PanderBear, 3 4 dhp, Pegasus, smotpoker (I think he quit), TheLoveBandit (I think he quit this season too), and Hypnotik???

where the HELL are ya'll?? hopefully watching some games with me. I'm doing some drinking and watching Toledo VS Syracuse. don't laugh, Toledo is actually a damn fun team to watch. they have a very interesting offense to study as a footbaw scholar. Holy Toledo!! for example, it was just 3rd and 1 and the mighty Toledo Rockets lined up in the now seldom-used-flash-in-a-pan gimmick offense of the Wildcat, and ran in 30 yards for a touchdown!! looks like Toledo is finally going to get that win over big Division 1 school after taking tOSU to the ropes and hanging in there, for a half at least, against a NC game-bound Boise State. Toledo will win the MAC for sure... but as a good friend of mine once said to me "there are no winners in the MAC"

lagunitas-censored-copper-ale.jpg

while drinking some delicious copper-toned Lagunitas Censored, with mu bromies before heading out to the Horseshoellll

ohio-stadium-script-ohio.jpg

I am flip-flopping between Mississippi VS Georgia and Notre Dame VS Pitt. the UGA game is between two SEC cellar-dwellers, so I am more tuning into the ND game (as I do every week), with hopes of ND losing to Pitt. ND just scored a TD, but Pitt had an early FG and the Panthers looked to be in control early. no fucking wonder why ND has perpetually refused to join the Big Ten. annually, no matter how bad Michigan State or Michigan are (two clubs that ND faces off with on the reg) topple the Fightin' Irish more often than not. however, ND can take it to those Big East (Pitt) and ACC teams (Boston College) like no other

Fuck Notre Dame

ndsucks_plate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.