• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan currently has put up 51 points against Minnesota?! DAMN. the Gophers are usually pretty bad, but this year they're not so bad. I remember Minny took USCw to the brink in Week 1

currently watching N'Western VS Illinois. it's actually a very good game...

Fresno state has a big home game against Ole Miss today. Gonna be tailgating and going to the game. Good times!

oh and Will Muschamp sounds like an effing idiot. I'm not saying that Southerners are dumb, but when one is dumb and a Southerner, their idiocy seems to shine even more

who doesn't know what a Padawan is??

my whole family is from small towns in the akron/canton area

i'd say there are quite a few dumb rednecks there aswell ;)

yeah, Canton most especially

wow that Ohio State VS MSU game was brutal. I knew tOSU had no offense, but what's up with Sparty? I thought their QB Kirk Cousins was supposed to be something at least somewhat special

what makes me even more pissed off is that something like 22 total player from Michigan State are from the State of Ohio. many of those from both sides are from high schools in the Columbus/Central Ohio area. effing Mark Dantonio, MSU head coach, is from Ohio State. I know I'm just bitching because of a terrible loss, but damn you - you detestable defectors!!

damn, Wisconsin looks really damn good on both sides of the ball. they are starting to take control over Nebraska. welcome to the Big Ten, Nebraska ;)

I think the Badgers are as good as any other top level team in the more elite conferences. if Wisco goes undefeated and wins the Big Ten Championship Game (it feels so weird saying that), then I think they should get a ticket to the National Championship. I would love to see a LSU VS Wisco NC game

Michigan currently has put up 51 points against Minnesota?! DAMN. the Gophers are usually pretty bad, but this year they're not so bad. I remember Minny took USCw to the brink in Week 1

currently watching N'Western VS Illinois. it's actually a very good game...

dude

gophers lost to both new mexico state and north dakota state, both games played @ minnesota

feels reallll bad man

okay yeah, I'm not going to be on the side of an argument that is pro-Minnesota footbaw. yeah, they're bad. yeah, their coach had a seizure. but they did take USCw down to the wire. if I remember correctly, I do recall that you are a Minnesota footbaw fan. damn, I do feel bad for you

Wisconsin still rolling

Alabamer still kicking in the Gaytors?

^

gophers for life, unfortunately...at least eric decker is doing us well

and lane kiffin, that's why

i'm supposed to hate the badgers, but i'm pulling for them to win a national championship - looking at the schedule it's a real possibility, russell wilson is a baaaad man

Yeah so how about Trent Richardson? It's hilarious watching people trying to tackle him. If he's near the sidelines he usually just gets pushed out of bounds without ever going down. This latest performance was great because it was against the Gators. I'll post some of the ridiculous shed tackles from this game once someone posts them online. For now, I'll leave you with a nice 10 second clip of Trent Richardson vs the North Texas D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN4uN2TcEGQ

Ok, I know ya'll been missing me up in this thread, but I've been close to 2 months without a PC and am on a borrowed laptop starting this week...so yeah, let's get it on.

Gators got their asses kicked tonight. Other than a wtf play on the first snap to get a surprise TD against Bama, they pretty much shut us down. Hard to do well when you lose half your yard gainers in the first quarter then lose your sr. qb just before half and are staring at a green freshman QB getting major playing time against an NFL defense that hasn't gotten paid yet. But no excuses, I'd hoped we'd hang a bit, make it decent...I don't think I could say we did. :\ We couldn't stop the run, and that's all there was to that. We couldn't get any running, and had shit for passing second half, so yeah, no warm fuzzies coming out of this one. BUT we can still win the SEC East...maybe. And get a chance to get our asses kicked in the SECCG against LSU or ALA for a second loss in the same season against either one of those (yes, I have no doubt LSU will fuck us next weekend, it won't be pretty).

Other thoughts

• I hate Temple, because I hate Addazzio, but I must say I was tickled watching them put PSU on the ropes and whipping MD. Still, fuck temple.
  • I'd forgotten Toledo hung with BSU like they did, but did notice they took it to SYR (who SUCKS) and Temple. Go Toledo. Go Indeed.
  • I like RG3 for Baylor. Yeah, he threw an int to lose the game today, but man I like that kid.
  • I love Tyrann Mathew (sp?) for LSU. That boy is freaking everywhere doing everything. Defense doesn't get talk for Heisman, but if anyone did this year, I'd have him atop the list. Only a sophmore? Dat boy good!
  • I wanted to enjoy the news last week when tOSU finally fell out of the rankings, but man it was frustrating today to keep up with their score because of it. I mean, I was of course rooting for Sparty today, and liked seeing the ticker when I could, but everywhere I looked was top 25 scores only, same for the highlights. I'm not trying to be a dick more than usual, I honestly was frustrated trying to find out if Sparty won. And, I'm disappointed they let tOSU score in the last few minutes - would have been special to shut them out at the horseshit. I mean, horseshoe.
  • That ND-MICH game the other week was awesome. Simply awesome. Fuck ND. Fuck them every chance there is. I hope they play Toledo and lose.
  • ILL is 5-0 for the first time in how long? And who cares?
  • aTm coming to the SEC...I see that as good. Still waiting for the other shoe to be filled.
  • I see LSU, ALA, and OU as the top 3 (no special order) then a noticable drop off with teh next teams. I'd put FL in the third tier for now (unless they lose a lot more) and hope we can hang in the top 20 after we lose at LSU next week. Still, LSU-ALA decides who beats OU in the NC =D

More later. Go Gators....*sigh*

Yeah so how about Trent Richardson? It's hilarious watching people trying to tackle him.

A man in a boy's league. FL was okay on defense, and would tackle most backs. But not him. I have a lot of respect for his power as a runner.

That said, and this isn't sour grapes, word is he's gonna have some serious NCAA sniffing around his business before long. Still, he'll be a beast all year, and do well in the pros. I'm sure of that.

Yea RG3 is the most exciting player in CF today without a doubt its really a shame the rest of his team sucks so much. I am really enjoying this year anytime your team can blow Florida out its a good year. Up until that game I was skeptical that Bama could win the NC but this team looks more like the 09 team every week we got suffocating run defence and 4 NFL caliber players in the secondary a first round pick at linebacker. On Offense we got 2 good RB a QB who can make throws when neccesary and an explosive reciever in Maze not to mention Maze is looking very Javier Arena'ish returning punts. All in all Bama is gonna be tough to beat.

I gotta give a big welcome to the SEC to AandM we play for 60 minutes in this league.

[*] I'd forgotten Toledo hung with BSU like they did, but did notice they took it to SYR (who SUCKS) and Temple. Go Toledo. Go Indeed.

actually, I'm surprised it wasn't even brought up in this thread, but Toledo should have won that game against Sewercuse. iirc, the officials effed that game all up. I think Toledo hit a FG during the heels of the game, and the blind zebras didn't count a FG that was apparently blatantly good. there has been some controversy about this game, because the officials admitted that they were wrong, but the game hasn't been officially changed back to how it should've been called... posthumously

Hey TLB, good to know this thread is going to be beefed up from now on!

Yeah, the Toledo thing is crazy, I think they should just vacate the win, or give both teams a win alternately. You can't mess up a game like that and just leave it, that's madness. They need to get their review booths in order too.

Yeah so how about Trent Richardson? It's hilarious watching people trying to tackle him. If he's near the sidelines he usually just gets pushed out of bounds without ever going down. This latest performance was great because it was against the Gators. I'll post some of the ridiculous shed tackles from this game once someone posts them online. For now, I'll leave you with a nice 10 second clip of Trent Richardson vs the North Texas D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN4uN2TcEGQ

thats not north texas,

Go Mean Green, well not really but i try to have school spirit :)

oh.

hai pander.

tyler-bray-throat-slash.jpg

we're deep enough in the season to start talking about Heisman candidates, right? who are yours? mine are...

- Russel Wilson - Wisco - he has been one of the most electrifying QBs so far. he finally impressed on a big stage when Wisco finally played a good team (Nebraska). and Wilson had a lot to do with his team's ass-raepage of the Big Red
- Denard Robinson - Mich - I truly despise putting a Wolverine on this list, but he has gotten better this year and has finally improved in a more NFL-ready, pro-style offense. but can he stay healthy?
- Trent Richardson - Bama - dude is a man playing with boys, yup
- Marcus Lattimore - Skarelina - has he been good enough so far? I haven't watched too many Cocks games, but they are putting up some big points
- Robert Griffin III - Baylor - him and Denard "the Tard" are perhaps the most fun players to watch in college footbaw

agree? disagree? moar?

I don't think it will be Denard. RG3 is an alright candidate but he'll have to have a great rest of the season. He threw a walk-off interception to end the last game against Kansas State.

If a running back is going to get it, I have to think it will be Trent Richardson. I think he'll have to continue to dominate and Bama will have to go to the NC for that to happen though. We'll have to see how the pure passer QBs do for more of the season to really comment on them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.