• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The News Thread v. Your Penises Are Too Large And It's All Our Fault

Because people are morons and the government in association with big Pharma wouldn't want this to be a thing. That's the short simplistic answer for you. Feel free to elaborate further. Everyone has their own thoughts on the subject. I find it interesting to hear other peoples views when it comes to "drugs" treatments.

Heh, thanks chuck - but that was purely a rhetorical question.

Just goes to show that if those cunts actually listened to us in the first place, they could knock a few decades off their research...

Thanks Mister. Of course it was rhetorical ;)

Anyway, Who says they're going to listen to the research that is now being done? I highly doubt they ever will. I'm not one for being overly cynical but I just can't see a change in our life time that currently illegal drugs will ever be used to treat certain mental health conditions for various reason. Pick and choose, mix and match when it comes to excuses as to the reasoning behind these decisions when it comes to their exclusion of these drugs despite so many positive studies . You have a plethora of excuses to choose from sadly. :\

Personally, I'm very positive about the possibility of psychedelics being used for a variety of medical needs within our lifetime. The ever-increasing number of proper scientific studies - pretty much all of which seem to be confirming decades of anecdotal evidence - will lead inexorably to full-scale trials and ultimately acceptance of their use for a range of clinical needs.

Anecdotal evidence is easy to dismiss, hard science is not and things can change very quickly - just look at cannabis going from totally illegal to limited medical use to widespread medical use and a fair amount of full, recreational legality. Who would have thought that even a decade ago?

I really think the times they are a changing.

edit: considering >

These articles are even popping up in places like 'Business Insider'.

I'll have to put this theory to the test...

Last edited:
Yeah Bella, Drugs in the media seems to be an upward trend even in media sources we wouldn't think an article to exist.

More Drugs in the news...

An interesting clip about MDMA deaths and women. I don't think it's just an MDMA thing. It is a known thing that most medical drug trials usually have male participants because of the way female hormones tend to fluctuate greatly compared to mens. There are fewer women on BL compared to men but it is worth taking note of and something that I am aware of. Without looking into this a bit more deeply and being a bit more expert I cannot say that everything in the video is true but it is fact that women process drugs differently and how we process those drugs can vary greatly depending on the levels of hormones in our body at the time.

A bit of a word of warning to women to be a bit more careful than your male counterparts. As ever, Its never good to judge your personal intake to another persons regardless of gender but more so for women to be a bit more aware and as ever for everyone, err on the side of caution.

Why do women keep dying after taking ecstasy? – video

Thanks to Ms Sadie for the following quite interesting article...

Harvard Study Decrypts the Ancient Mystery of Consciousness

What is consciousness? Is human consciousness seated in our mind, body, brain—or some combination of all three? These questions have mystified philosophers and perplexed scientists for eons. Now, a team of neurologists from Harvard Medical School report that they’ve pinpointed a very specific triad of brain regions responsible for maintaining states of consciousness, or a lack thereof. The latest findings of their ongoing research were published online before print today in the journal Neurology.

(linky to rest of article here)

The headline definitely overstates the findings (as you would expect) but - on the surface at least - this does look like a big step forward in the study of consciousness. Still a very long way to go, but when steps of any kind come as rarely as they do in consciousness study every step counts and this does sound like it could be a decent-sized one.

^I think even the Trump voters knew they were going to have to get very shpongled to make it through the next four years.;)

I really think the times they are a changing.

edit: considering >

These articles are even popping up in places like 'Business Insider'.

I'll have to put this theory to the test...

There was also a big thing on microdosing in Wired (Aug I think).

LSD is defo becoming more common & acceptable in normal conversation with non-drug taking folk without alienating yourself.

It's definitely been noted for a number of years by the shroom taking community. It's refreshing to see it in the news again. The less stigma around such things allows proper research to be conducted. Can't be a bad thing.

Yep its awesome. Finally psychedelics are getting the attention they deserve and not being painted as something that will turn you mad and make you jump off a building.

Psilocybin and mdma have made great leaps in recent years. Being taken seriously in the field of mental health medicine. Sadly the major hurdle seems to be government backing and that's mainly due to stigma rather than any factual grounding. Once the stigma is broken further research would be more widely accepted.

Strange days we're living in when the cops are the ones with the guts to say it's a waste of time prosecuting cannabis users. LEAP UK is kinda admirable.

Strange days we're living in when the cops are the ones with the guts to say it's a waste of time prosecuting cannabis users. LEAP UK is kinda admirable.

Hopeful days. Perhaps a hint of enlightenment. The pessimist in me remains stoic.