The Music Social Gig v. I'll Trade You My Shirt For A Grilled Cheese

^ Shite, for realz?
Well whatever, they had a good run

How old are you, ChickenDick?
If ya don't mind me asking

i only saw one dead show, and it was a dud. i was 16.

03/27/95 (Mon) Omni Coliseum - Atlanta, GA

Set 1: Picasso Moon, Sugaree, It's All Over Now, So Many Roads, Let It Grow

Set 2: Iko Iko, Way To Go Home, Playing In The Band > Uncle John's Band > Drums > Space > Days Between > Sugar Magnolia, E: I Fought The Law

Why was it a dud?
Those are some gewd dead songs...

I was only 10 on that date in 95

at the time i loved it. drumz and space really freaked me out. i was really overwhelmed by everything, and really high on L.

but, after listening to the show years later, it's typical 95 slop, and the first set is short as shit.

the sugaree is the highlight. it's like 18 minutes and it's decent. the setlists for the other 3 nights of that run are MUCH better too.

I like hearing stories about old shows like that and shit though
Even if the band was mediocre that night doesn't mean you didn't have or can't have a very awesome experience which is left with you for the rest of your life

New game: If you could present one song, out of any band or performance ever, to an alien race as a reason not to wipe us all out, what would it be?

Mine would be Jimi Hendrix's Like a Rolling Stone at Monterey Pop Festival in '67.

It doesn't have to be a live performance, but if you like the particular context of one, then talk about it as a reason for picking it why not.

I'm stoned and this co-worker asked me this same question yesterday on a blunt run. I figured it was a question perfect for you bluelighters.

He said Crash by Dave Matthews, btw. Which caught me off guard.

^ Hmm, I'll have to think about that one
But if I was to pick a Hendrix tune the standard answer would be Third Rock from the Sun

Cute signature Billy boy ;)

Oh you :3

Damn I'm listening to Yonder Mountain String band and I might have to change my answer on an impulse...If humans are capable of that, then why wouldn't you wanna keep us around?

We already established that Yonder is ghey and the aliens would most likely call you a faggot and leave if you played that for them

I recommend you get your first edition of me now if you're a real art snob.
The re-issue is gonna be nice, and certainly collectible, but not as important as that first edition.

We already established that Yonder is ghey and the aliens would most likely call you a faggot and leave if you played that for them

Who's we? Fuck you and your shitty taste in music. What did you pull that outta your ass? What other opinions are you allowing to be stuffed up there like so many dildos?

Lol woah
CD must be channeling another moment of grandeur while getting blacked out high again

ftq8l.jpg

I'm not high enough for you not to be an asshole, and I tend to say "fuck you" to people when they're being assholes. So that's all it is really. Don't really see a reason not to...