The Music Social Gig v. I'll Trade You My Shirt For A Grilled Cheese

to his defense, yonder can be really gay. i mean, i love me some gay, but sometimes they're like owlie gay.

Tbh the song I linked is the only song I've ever heard from them...
Besides the time I was walking by there show, at Bonnaroo, out of my mind on hallucinogenics and don't remember it very well at all

Srsly bro
It was pretty awesome too

I actually check out a lot of your guys songs you post in the what are you listening to, sad songs, and sometimes the rap threads, among others
Pretty sure I have figured out most of the regular poster's musical listening tastes as well

On a brief side note, I'm high as groceries

2cg0nxz.jpg

Srsly bro

I actually check out a lot of your guys songs you post in the what are you listening to, sad songs, and sometimes the rap threads, among others
Pretty sure I have figured out most of the regular poster's musical listening tastes as well

On a brief side note, I'm high as groceries

2cg0nxz.jpg

honestly, i do too. most of the time. i always listen to what the 'heads over in the metal thread are posting, and the punk fucking rock thread, and the rap thread. i try to stay away from the sad songs. and i listen to all the covers. depending on the poster i'll listen to their OG shit too. but i don't think i'm ever really going to listen to jam band stuff, ever.

and to you, ChickenScratch, your musical taste isn't any better! do you remember when we first met and you made PB and I listen to like 4 drive by truckers cds?

well i fucking do. :p

and to you, ChickenScratch, your musical taste isn't any better! do you remember when we first met and you made PB and I listen to like 4 drive by truckers cds?

Honestly, that sounds like a pretty good time. ;)

when i get drunk i always try to make people love the truckers. it's a character flaw that even annoys me.

in my efforts to turn people on to them, i've made pretty much everyone hate them.

yesterday while on the drive to work we listened to 8 minutes of 'Cocaine' by Clapton. it was insane. I hate that song. The classic rock station in this city needs some help.

Ah, so you have the standard classic rock station that plays the same 100 songs, huh?
How many times can you hear Comfortably Numb, Floyd DID have other good songs, don't they know that?

honestly, i do too. most of the time. i always listen to what the 'heads over in the metal thread are posting, and the punk fucking rock thread, and the rap thread. i try to stay away from the sad songs. and i listen to all the covers. depending on the poster i'll listen to their OG shit too. but i don't think i'm ever really going to listen to jam band stuff, ever.

That makes three of us so far. But I gotta say i mainly stick to the what are you listening to thread. As long as they provide a link along with the title. Unless I'm trying to strengthen my knowledge on a genre, in that case I'll check out the specific threads. I found a lot of good Blues stuff that way.
The what are you listening to thread always seems like it's the posters version of a "hit" at the moment, so a lot of the time it's good stuff.

I really dislike jam band stuff. I just can't get into it. Loads of my friends love it and my parents were dead heads. So I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm probably just too hip.
Though CS sent me Phish doing Talking Heads and that was neat-o :)

the thing here is to play that fucking Mordor Led Zeppelin hobbit jam once an hour. It makes me long for 'The Bayou' classic rock station in New Orleans that played Alice Cooper once an hour. Hello! Hooray!

I'd just like to say I was in a blackout state when I posted that thread "I am the best" and I had no idea I made that thread until earlier today. I can't imagine what kind of ego trip was driving my fucked up mind at the time, but I'm glad Laika thought it was funny at least. Bill was right to be pissed.

Haha. I liked it. I'm pretty sure we've all been there, if not worse off.
I doubt Billy boy was pissed, either.

Srsly bro

Cool. You didn't say anything, so I figured either you didn't listen or didn't care for it. No jimmies were rustled either way. :)

Hm. I always viewed the 'what are you listening to' type threads as masturbatory. Everyone posts, but no one reads. A dumping ground where everyone is talking but no one is listening. You get the drift. But it seems that's not always the case. Interesting.

Here's another suggestion that I think you might like, Bill. Check out this 70s Italian prog-rock band Alphataurus. I'm not a big fan of the vocals, but the instrumentals are on point. And it's only a third of the length of the last song. They also have a song called 'Ombra Muta' that is reminiscent of Echoes-era Pink Floyd. And LOL if you can pinpoint my musical tastes!

^ Trust me, I'm sure mostly everyone does exactly what you expect them to do.

It takes me having a lot of time, and a lot of high, to start clicking the links.
But it does happen, it does.

^ Trust me, I'm sure mostly everyone does exactly what you expect them to do.

It takes me having a lot of time, and a lot of high, to start clicking the links.
But it does happen, it does.

Yep - the only time I ever post in or browse that thread is when I'm baked as cake.

Bill was right to be pissed.

It takes a lot to really piss me off, friendo
I'm a super laid back dude bro and I thought your moment of grandeur was kind of funny

Cool. You didn't say anything, so I figured either you didn't listen or didn't care for it. No jimmies were rustled either way. :)

Shit brah I always listen to the stuff you recommend
I srsly jam out that Grant Green tune all the time, it's one of my favorite songs now

^ Fuck your mother :3

Does anyone listen to Ween?
I never really have but I just found out they did a classic country parody album and watched a few videos of them on jewtube and they aren't so bad...