The Music Social Gig v. I'll Trade You My Shirt For A Grilled Cheese

^ You know now I realize I never really gave her or The Dresden Dolls a chance
My gf at the time used to always talk shit about how much they suck, I could have seen them live like 4 times in a row but never did

Do you think I would like em?

I woke up needing to hear and sing songs from St Vincent's new record
It's super girly but I dig it, kinda has a Beach House vibe

Will someone please give me their thoughts on ghost, or ghost BC.

It's all a schtick but I like it. I wanna find some satanist indie bitch to do weird sex stuff and drugs I've never heard of with

^ You know now I realize I never really gave her or The Dresden Dolls a chance
My gf at the time used to always talk shit about how much they suck, I could have seen them live like 4 times in a row but never did

Do you think I would like em?

Honestly, probably not. It was guilty pleasure-ish in 2004, and it remains that way for me.

^ Lol at the stand up suit case bass in the second slide

Honestly, probably not. It was guilty pleasure-ish in 2004, and it remains that way for me.

totally got different vibes if you're a chick. some of the songs are super cheeky like that one about oasis and abortion, and i really love her voice, but the straight men who like her i know are like 5. including laika. a lot more straight boys got on the grand theft orchestra train (being produced by wayne coyne and having a bunch of rated r videos probably helped) but it's honestly my least favorite album of hers and i had to stop following her on twitter because literally that woman might be the dumbest most offensive being on the planet. still writes lovely little tunes though. when i die i am putting in my will that "bad wine and lemon cake" will be played.

anyway - chicken scratch - just go to a handsome family show and pick up girls there????

eta: Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under is my favorite, FWIW although "Berlin", "Gravity", "Missed Me" and "Mandy Goes to Med School" are like super up there for me. and "On An Unknown Beach". and "Blake Says". And all the other songs that are about other people's songs. UGH AND MY ALCOHOLIC FRIENDS. Good Day! BANK OF BOSTON BEAUTY QUEEN. Lonesome Organist Rapes Page Turner!

gah maybe I lied, typing it all out like that.... I really love Amanda Palmer I really do, but I feel like she's like epouisse or aquavit - if you had a good time the first time around you'll always have a good time, but if you had a bad turn, then you're off the table for forever. She's got very smart lyrics (songs about npr!) and a very sexually interesting voice, but some people can't get over like "all girls with pianos sound like tori amos!/all piano girls are crazy like fiona apple!" thing, and she's not easy listening. i especially like how she's sexually threatening and sexually aggressive, which also makes people hate her. "i joke about sex because it's better when you're frightened!" the constant discussion of female ennui. she's also very boston which can be a turn off. my top five artists of all time are The Smiths, Grimes, The Economist and The Dresden Dolls, which all kind of say the same thing and sound the same.

its been decades since my pit days
but i havent shaken it - i sit there like an idiot
still caught up in the old punk protocol
and dreaming that the teenagers will think that i’m a radical

and i still wait for the bus to come where high school got torn down
still expecting to find true love among the skateboarders hanging out
in back of the bank in my hometown

all this talk and no action’s got me stiff from the tit to the bone
so im living in lala land - but at least im not living at home

Last edited:
if you really want to have weird creepy vague satan sex, the social network soundtrack. plus it's also just amazing music. thank the lord for the people who put whole albums on youtube. this is a pander bear's suggestion. for sexy times i prefer girl with the dragon tattoo because it's rapey and scary. but both albums are amazing. GWDT is three discs.

does anyone have an MP3 of David Byrne covering "Sock it to Me" by Missy Elliot?!!?!?!?

this is kind of an emergency

I GOT IT OH MY GOD THANK YOU LONG SHOT IN THE INTERNET DARK I'M GOING TO THROW UP AND DIE.

i <3 you last.fm

Nice did you ask people on there?

I love last.fm.

Oh and on the topic of Palmer, grand theft orchestra is my least favorite of her work as well. Not to make any of her releases sound like they're bad because I love something about all of them. But basically her releases through her career have gone from best to worst.

man, this is really good. ken, you're gonna love this. you know i don't listen to much new rap anymore, but i might have to check this dude out. i'll probably hate it, but he seems like one awesome ass motherfucker.

http://bittersoutherner.com/killer-mike-ghetto-gospel

DUDE I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH I've been talking about that article all day and THAT ARTICLE IS SOOO GOOD and oi;hsikhlauygiluygjkbjkhbvjhvjhv. and the video!!! #KillerMikeFanClub.

LOOK HERE WE ARE AT HIS BARBERSHOP
NSFW:

1555698_10102899056394590_1303448630_n.jpg

and HE SIGNED MY RECORD FOR PANDER AND I AND GAVE ME A HOT WHEELS

NSFW:
2iixxev.jpg

He did a bunch of little bumper videos for adult swim.

THINGS TO AVOID

Laika - yeah. I went through the last.fm charts and contacted every single person who had ever played "Sock it 2 Me" by David Byrne, sent them a private message and begged for the mp3. my first contact got back to me and she sent it. If anyone wants it let me know because jnisuldbfkdjbgjkfbgjbfgjkfbghjbfgjhlbgjlbelkjblskj dfnds.

Everything that article covers is just so god damn right on. I swear to god I almost shed a tear. Dude seems super fucking smart and hopefully genuine. I'll check him out. I want to like him, but I'm really stuck in the 80's and 90's when it comes to rap. Mainly cuz I just kinda gave up and I absolutely hate most of that hard ass dirty south shit that you've made me listen to in the past. But, I'll give it a shot just because of what an awesome dude he seems like.

That video, holy fucking lolz. Black people do love them some Cheesecake Factory, it's mind boggling. That place is horrible.

"don't have ambitions that are too high. it's always weird to me when young black guys say they are going to be like jay-z. no you're not, there are 15 other guys around jay-z who can't be jay-z. just be the best you you can be. and the best you you can be is probably about average. so learn to celebrate average more! buy a better beer, don't try and be a better human being."

My on again off again friend that's a girl told me his show at the goat farm blew her mind, and this is a girl I go see a bunch of bluegrass with and trip on boomers to the dead for hours on end with, so yea...

that show got scary. some guys from new york who were down here said they had to leave the venue during the bonecrusher song cuz everyone got all aggro and turnt.

5,000 people just chanting i aint never scared! i ain't never scared! over and over and over. ahhhhhhhh so turnt.

man my heart is beating all fast and my hands are shaking just thinking about it. i'll be talking about this show for the rest of my fucking life.

i've had fell in love with a girl (the white stripes) on repeat for like an hour now

ken - have you listened to Jesse's band? they're pretty funny. named themselves the illiterates because their first gig was this spoken word thing at the star bar and they got like a 45 minute slot to play. we ended up getting kicked out. PSA - punk rock and spoken word doesn't really go well together in a live setting. they wrote all their songs in like 3 hours. anyway, they're actually starting to play a little more around town. they kind of suck, but it's pretty fun. i'll let you know next time they play.

http://illiterates.bandcamp.com/

i think they have a FB page too, but i don't FB.

Any of you niggatrons can into kexp?
One of my fav jewtubes