The Music Social Gig v. I'll Trade You My Shirt For A Grilled Cheese

Indeed RIP Julian
I thought he was supposed to be on vacation :[

He was on vacation when it happened. His family has to fly to NYC to retrieve his body :(

Last edited:
dude fucking sad. tomorrow it will be 6 years since my friend Martynas was murdered. shitty.

I'm not really sure if his family would want me to disclose that type of stuff, not right now at least perhaps. It wasn't an OD.

does anyone have an MP3 of David Byrne covering "Sock it to Me" by Missy Elliot?!!?!?!?

this is kind of an emergency

my roommate is kind of a lay about, Pander and I refer to him as our grown son who hasn't moved out yet, but his vinyl collection is impeccable. sometimes i wonder if that's part of the reason he's been our longest running roommate to date. today i remembered he said he had "remain in light" on vinyl so i went picking through the crazy mess of his life he's got all over this house, and you know, couldn't find remain in light, but found four other talking heads albums, so i'm pretty happy anyway.

tumblr_n2g1epBGgH1qc7tbvo1_500.jpg

people like us, who will answer the teelllleeephone

needa get into that, i only know once in a lifetime... whoa, brian eno produced that o_O

pretty high right about now going to watch the sunrise soon at listen to this playlist on the comedown doused in paris hilton for men lol :D

KR9tg4U.png

Well ya can't sit still
Nobody asked you to
When you close your eyes
Darling does it look so fine
In the morning light
Can't even see your face
In the morning light
I can't even see your face

spring begins with the vernal equinox on March 20 THANK THE HEAVENS, FUCK YOU WINTER SRSLY

*sunrise was top notch, so blessed to be able to see mountains, streaks of the white clouds in the distance, sun emitting rays behind the hills. awe inspiring, realize you are a being on this planet earth in the vastness of space

have a good day nemd :)

Last edited:
Sorry, off topic and random, anyone ever go to schwag stock? I miss being able to pay for anything/sell anything for a grilled cheese sandwich.

y'all like blur?

decent. like their older stuff.

my favorite band right now is ghost BC, really just "ghost", but ghost BC in the US because of copy write bullshit. statanic pop rock motherfuckers. they're playing atlanta soon. i love them.

decent. like their older stuff.

i got "a beginners guide to blur" or whatever because it's a bit overwhelming to try and get into a band that's been playing music since your birthday and first album was released when you were 2. but i've been into damon's whole thing for awhile because i think it's fucking hilarious how much people hate oasis. everyone hates oasis.

tumblr_ma5yhspumS1r0efreo1_250.gif
tumblr_ma5yhspumS1r0efreo2_250.gif

tumblr_ma5yhspumS1r0efreo3_250.gif
tumblr_ma5yhspumS1r0efreo4_r1_250.gif

straight panty dropper there.

tumblr_mgnd0n7t8u1rhf41zo1_r1_500.png

Prior to the ceremony in 1997, Liam Gallagher stated in the British media that he "wasn’t going to the Brit Awards because if he bumped into the Spice Girls, he would smack them". In response to this, as the Spice Girls received the award for Best British Single, during their acceptance speech, Sporty Spice, Melanie C,challenged Gallagher by saying "Come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough".

petition to rename this thread fuck oasis

Idris Elba also hates Oasis.

The actor-cum-rapper/singer/producer called Gallagher an idiot when asked if, when he played Oasis's Wonderwall at a DJ set, he was making a deliberate reference to the pair's spat at this year's NME awards. "No!" he replied. "Fuck that idiot."

Elba said the pair's squabble, which began when Gallagher mocked Elba's hat, escalated when Elba ruffled Gallagher's hair in return. "Didn't like that. Don't touch his hair, apparently. Fuck off. Next time walk with a fucking hairdresser, then."

Elba said Gallagher's response amounted to: "'I'm a popular rock singer, so I'm going to be mean and fucking horrible to people just because they messed up my look.' Fuck off. I played his song because his song's a classic … I don't even know what his songs are about now or what band he's in now. No one gives a fuck, yeah? He was popular when he was in Oasis."

tumblr_n19b5ebqNl1rvzbdgo1_500.gif

related viewing about oasis and blur

I've had better days but I don't care
Oasis got my letter in the mail

When vacation was over, the word was all over
That I was a crack whore - Melissa had told them
And now we're not talking, except we have tickets
To see Blur in October and I think we're still going, oh-oh

I've seen better days but I don't care
Oh I just got a letter in the mail
Oasis sent a photograph it's autographed and everything
Melissa's gonna wet herself I swear

man i'm blowing up this thread, aren't I? sorry i'm not sorry. this is just such a fun music story. you know what else is fun. is 30 musician on musician insults.

18. Nick Cave on Red Hot Chili Peppers
“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”