Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Mephedrone Thread (4-mmc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone care to compare oral Vs insufflated (snorted) experiences ?

Insufflated is basically like oral but in a shorter time frame, comes on much quicker, reach the peak much quicker, coming down again much quicker.

Anyone care to compare oral Vs insufflated (snorted) experiences ?

my experiences with bombing 200mg caps:
took about 15min-45min to come up (prob depending on stomach content)
high would last about 2hrs-2 1/2hrs before dropping off to the point that i'd want to top up.
I found that when doing lines it would come on much quicker and more intense but with the need to revisit quite frequently (2-3 times an hour) and easy to do alot more than realising

i've heard of people injecting it, and enjoying it, but i've not wanted to try it myself.

I think it's time for a reminder of how potentially dangerous it is binging 1-3g of 4-mmc a night.

Let's not forget about the well documented effects on the heart and vastroconstriction.

It's a very good idea to give your friends a heads up and even better give them a link to BL or other HR websites that highlight the dangers of Mephedrone.

administering 4-mmc via IV route is quickly becoming very popular in certain circles. concerning really

I can see why it would be good, but remember the acidic burn you get in your nose.

That pain is most likely damage. You don't want that in your veins.

Geez, IV'ing 4MMC. Every ROA I've tried have not been pleasant, some less so then others. Bombing it is fine but can feel a little queezy (my preferred ROA). Railing it KILLS me nose with the burn. Sublingually makes my mouth go all numb. And rectally, well it's rectally but I can still "feel the burn" so to speak. Lol. I couldn't imagine what it would do to your veins, even if it was "pure".

I think it's time for a reminder of how potentially dangerous it is binging 1-3g of 4-mmc a night.

Let's not forget about the well documented effects on the heart and vastroconstriction.

It's a very good idea to give your friends a heads up and even better give them a link to BL or other HR websites that highlight the dangers of Mephedrone.

Completely agree, except to add that such usage is incredibly common in the UK - and you're probably looking at at least 10,000 people doing such doses each weekend throughout the general area.

There are dangers, but they are nowhere near 'well documented' and given how many people are honestly abusing the shit out of this stuff it's surprising that there haven't been more problems - it's all conjecture at this stage. So be safe, but not hysterical.

Best advice I would pass on is that after about 1g the euphoric effects diminish quite substantially. So multiple gram binges are kind of a waste, not to mention how slavishly addictive this stuff can be.

It is much better to have people educated and aware of the risks then think it is harmless, which I am sure many do.

It is much better to have people educated and aware of the risks then think it is harmless, which I am sure many do.

Agreed and very true, it certainly isn't as safe as some people seem to think. But as long as we also recognise the possibility of anxiety creation with those who become too concerned about possible risks. It's a stimulant and promotes anxiety enough already...

There are people who regularly take 1 - 3g in a 24 hour period without any negative side effects (short term, who knows about long term...nobody!) - and there are people who take 200mg and have fainted or had worrying symptoms. I don't think we can tie it to a dosage amount universally. Find your own tolerance and know it well, don't push it just like you wouldn't (hopefully) push it with a substance like cocaine.

Having said that, amounts under 500mg over an evening and with two week gaps have been almost universally safe it seems. In the short term and for those without underlying problems.

WTF - heard on the radio this morning (at least I think I did, I was half asleep still) police are warning 4mmc (they referred to it as "4mmc") has caused one man to attempt to castrate himself and another to cut off a finger, or something like that. Anyone have any info? Or are these just straight up lies?

EDIT: Found this:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/6733777/new-drug-prompts-horrendous-effects/
New drug prompts 'horrendous' effects

In different forms it's been sold as plant food, but little is known about a new recreational drug hitting Australian streets, other than it prompts acts of horrendous self-mutilation by some users.

Within the past few months in Sydney there have been reports that one user tried to castrate himself while under the influence of the drug.

Another severed half a finger using a kitchen appliance and de-gloved his penis in an apparent circumcision attempt.

The drug in question is 4-methylmethcathinone or mephedrone - but more commonly known as 4-MMC, MMCAT, bubbles, megatron, bath salt or miaow miaow.

As a derivative of methcathinone, the drug is a prohibited substance in Australia.

Continuing to prove hugely popular on the UK clubbing scene, the drug is believed to be partly responsible for the deaths of a woman in Sweden in 2008 and a 14-year-old girl in England in November.

It has since been made illegal in some European countries.

The psychoactive drug creates a state of euphoria similar to, but not as extreme as cocaine, with an ecstasy-like hit at the end.

Reports of little after-effects and a mild "come-down" have made the drug popular among young professionals who like to party at the weekend before having to return to work.

Since September 2008, the Australian Federal Police, along with Australian Customs and the Border Protection Service, have detected 25 attempts to import a combined total of more than 20kg of the drug.

An AFP spokeswoman confirmed that mephedrone was a new drug that had emerged in Australia.

While prohibited here, the drug is readily available for legal purchase abroad, predominantly in China and Israel.

In Tasmania, police have labelled the drug "Israeli's", because of its country of source, and report its popularity with people who believe it's legal to possess.

"We conducted an investigation at the start of the year and a number of persons were charged with trafficking," Tasmanian Police Detective Inspector Ian Lindsay told The Mercury newspaper in October last year.

He said that since those charges were laid there had been a "dramatic reduction" in the amount of mephedrone seized across the State.

In a report from the Tasmanian Department of Police and Emergency Management, the drug is said to have been possessed "in an attempt to circumvent existing legislation".

In the Northern Territory, a 16-year-old boy faced Darwin Youth Justice Court on January 15 for allegedly importing 1kg of mephedrone, ordered online from a legitimate chemical company in China.

The court heard the boy paid $8000 and was expected to pay an additional $12,000 when the drug arrived, the NT News reported. The matter is ongoing.

Brisbane-based RaveSafe project co-ordinator Michael Brennan said use of the drug in Australia was worrying and people continued to consume the substance without knowing its effects or what was used in its production.

Typically, mephedrone is mixed with caffeine and the compound can take effect very quickly.

"When a substance like this comes up that was really only invented only a few years ago, it's hard to say what the effects will be, so it's really worrying to me. It's just a real unknown at this stage," Mr Brennan said.

As a stimulant, the drug affects the human cardio system and users have experienced varying symptoms including palpitations, paranoia, anxiety, depression, insomnia, headaches and short-term memory loss.

In one case, documented in an online forum, following the consumption of about 10mg over a week, a male user noticed his fingers and knees turn a dark red to purple colour before he passed out.

After about six months, including a short stint in hospital, the discolouration disappeared, but the symptoms returned after again trying a small amount of mephedrone.

In the Sydney cases, it's unknown whether the male users were also under the influence of other substances, but online discussions about the drug frequently list paranoia as a common side-effect.

Both men were hospitalised for their injuries, but NSW Health does not have a system in place to record how many patients have been admitted to hospital due to the drug.

Nor is the use of mephedrone recorded by major agencies, including the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, or the Centre for Population Health.

The Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users' League in Canberra has only anecdotal data about the drug.
All agencies report having been made aware of the drug's existence in Australia since about 2008, but concede there is little or no information about mephedrone.

Last edited:
Two things to consider for anyone contemplating IV'ing it;

1) it is extremely moreish and you tend to fiend with other ROAs so you'd want to have amazing willpower not to end up having shots every 15 minutes,
2) it's strongly vascoconstrictive so good luck finding a vein and registering after the first few shots unless you have extremely prominent veins,

... or so I've heard....

definitely safer to stick to oral/nasal administration, if at all.

Stay safe! =D

WTF..."severed finger" "degloved penis". I know this gear isnt too healthy for you but whats with the psycotic episodes. Or is it just another media beat up?

WTF..."severed finger" "degloved penis". I know this gear isnt too healthy for you but whats with the psycotic episodes. Or is it just another media beat up?

At least they didn't roll out the old,
'thought he was an Orange and peeled himself to death"

The castration story is bollocks. It was apparently taken out of context from a police write-up that had gotten the story from a message board similar to this one without any verification. The original article also made it sound like this was an actual police report of an incident they had dealt with - it was nothing of the sort.

It didn't even have anything to do whatsoever with Sydney originally...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/02/mephedrone_madness/

On learning of its existence, Sergeant Urwin set about researching mephedrone. He produced a report for internal police consumption, which looked at the evidence for the spread of mephedrone usage, as well as the degree of harm suffered by users of this drug.

"As part of the evidence-gathering process, I looked at internet chat forums and blogs where individuals were writing about their experiences both in obtaining and using this substance," he told The Register. He explained it was from these sources that the original mention of scrotum-ripping originated, but that he was "clear in the report that the credence given to this latter sort of evidence should be low: this is an indicator of how much the drug is talked about and common themes that arise, rather than strong evidence for its effects".

Unfortunately, a local journalist gained access to that part of the report. He goes on: "This was mis-reported in the press, with the result that far greater weight was given to a story I could not substantiate, than was perhaps merited."

Hey, did you hear, somebody thought their cat was a hotdog whilst on meph and put it in the microwave!!! They were found the next day with severe indigestion and clumps of fur all around them.

Let's see if that one gets reported as fact too...

p.s. lol about the 10mg typo...man, that's a lot of meph ;)

Last edited:
JJJ Hack this week did a very short story right at the end of the programme; I'm think Wednesday night; on meph.

mentioned it's legality/popularity in the UK (and how it was illegal under Australia analogue laws), including mentioning recent busts in detail.

Fair bt of discussion about how fiendish it is, how it's very, very new, original source from Israel where it's now illegal. How long term harm is unknown, but there is evidence of addiction.

Talked to UK drug researchers who stated it was popular due to lack of MDK (???) - E precursor, whgich meant E was of poor quality. They also ouright said it'd be the next drug to be scheduled in the UK (I.E. made in illegal). GBL was the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.