• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^i wouldn't exactly class lyrica as a recreational drug. i've been experimenting with it over the last week. the last two days i've increased dosages a great deal from my 2 x 75mg a day.

today i've taken a total of 750mg and feel a little drunk and there's definitely that loss of motor skills in a way but not as interfering as a benzo. i can think a little clearer and more flowing than a benzo if that makes any sense to you.

smoking some weed with it is quite nice though. and i have noticed my tongue has a kind of licorice taste to it now. no ill effects so far

ok so i reassesed and it's not licorice i taste, it's the taste of the capsules:\

leftwing said:
^i wouldn't exactly class lyrica as a recreational drug. i've been experimenting with it over the last week. the last two days i've increased dosages a great deal from my 2 x 75mg a day.

today i've taken a total of 750mg and feel a little drunk and there's definitely that loss of motor skills in a way but not as interfering as a benzo. i can think a little clearer and more flowing than a benzo if that makes any sense to you.

smoking some weed with it is quite nice though. and i have noticed my tongue has a kind of licorice taste to it now. no ill effects so far

benzos don't interfere with my motor skills much. i can still walk a straight line on ridiculous doses, and that's always been the case even when i had no tolerance.

now soma on the other hand, 2 or 3 of them and walking a straight line is a hopeless endeavor.

so which would you compare lyrica to more?

burn out said:
benzos don't interfere with my motor skills much. i can still walk a straight line on ridiculous doses, and that's always been the case even when i had no tolerance.

now soma on the other hand, 2 or 3 of them and walking a straight line is a hopeless endeavor.

so which would you compare lyrica to more?

i haven't had soma so i can only compare it to valium, temazepam or xanax (main benzos i've had). i can walk straight and act the part on high doses generally as well, on valium.

6 hours ago i had 600mg after 150mg about 4 hours prior. i had my new Jimi Hendrix Experience DVD on and i specifically remember the first part going onto the second part and around the 30min mark is where i just faded out. this was after 2 small bongs and only my bupe patch on.

at first it was like a nod coming on as i was lying in my bed with my leg propped up and against the wall. i remember fading in and out of consciousness and my knee jerking and hitting my wall. i tried to move but hardly had the energy, this feeling then felt like temazepam when it first strikes you on a high dose (i have a large tolerance to valium atm) then i was just out. i woke up 2 1/4 hours after i blacked out.

i woke up feeling very very fuzzy like waking up after dosing a large amount of valium and coming out of that initial nap (for some reason now after i first dose my valium i normally fall asleep for 10-30mins which my friends find weird as do i:\ )

i just cooked and ate burritos for dinner and am still feeling like im under the influence of valium. it was quite weird but a worthwhile trial. i definitely come to the conclusion of it not being recreational, at least for myself.

dad said he wanted some incase he needs a quick nap sometime haha:D

now that I got out of detox I had to test these.

500 mgs , or 7x 75 mg ingested.

1 hour and 15 mins ago. Nothing too hefty yet. Though I have GABA-receptors smashed by benzo abuse

Hey.... God fucking damn.

I don't feel a fucking thing from this 600 mgs. 2 hours passed. Ate 8 x 75mg after breakfast.

I have a 10 mg clonazepam tolerance (I can function on 12 mg , and a little over that, then I pass out)

EDIT1:

Oh

I smoked some hash over it ... And I am fucked. Very opiate like feeling, just nodding. Only little euphoric. Maybe some clonazepams would boost it? I take 4 mg. Sirdalud just puts me to sleep (tizadine).

Last edited:
I am falling in love with my Lyrica. I wouldn't say that it is necessarily recreational to me, but I certainly feel "different" when I take it. Not really high, but definitely relaxed and content and comfortable. The most I have taken is 150mgs, though, which is my prescribed dose so maybe that is why. I wouldn't want it to make me sleepy because if anything I need something to give me energy, which it does. My bf can always tell when I just took my dose because he will usually find me on my hands and knees scrubbing floors or cleaning out closets and what not. And ENJOYING IT! LOL

To me, it feels like a benzo SHOULD feel. But, I don't get any kind of effect from any kind of benzo though. I have tried them all, and they do nothing for me. I used to have terrible anxiety and panic attacks years ago and the docs were constantly shoving the damn things down my throat and when I would take them I would wonder what was wrong with me and why they didn't work for me. Still don't to this day, and I wonder why. CBT was the only thing that helped me to get rid of the panic attacks.

I do see how tolerance skyrockets quickly with Lyrica, though. I already feel like I should probably be upping my dose soon. I am a little worried because my doc is trying to diagnose me with Rheumatoid Arthritis and start me on meds for that and I worry that he will d/c the Lyrica. Right now, I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia but my blood tests are pointing to something auto-immmune. So, we will see tomorrow at my next appt. Does anyone know if they do prescribe it for anxiety or only for pain related reasons?

Oh, yeah.... I don't smoke much weed anymore, but when I did with the Lyrica I was pretty damn fucked up. It definitely increased the effects.

I drugged my mother , put diazepam 15 mgs to her beer and 2 mg tizadine.

She is dropping soon.

I am so sorry, but I can't watch her misery.

^I'm sorry for your mother's misery, but you should know that around these parts, drugging someone else without their consent is highly frowned upon.

Maybe next time you can offer her diazepam and let her take it willingly, if she decides that she wants to take it.

leftwing said:
does anyone else always get a weird taste/scent in their mouth from when the capsules are breaking down and the powder being released?

im referring to the 75mg pfizer caps in particular. i've had them on an empty and full stomach still with the same effect.

edit - i've also noticed i pass a lot more gas on a dose of 225-300mg + does anybody get this as well?

maybe i just needed to fart and it's been coincidence?

i snorted one of the 75mg P caps for the hell of it the other day and it surprisingly didn't sting and i didn't get any sort of drip. i've never noticed any taste/scent from the p-75s.

kadaj said:
i snorted one of the 75mg P caps for the hell of it the other day and it surprisingly didn't sting and i didn't get any sort of drip. i've never noticed any taste/scent from the p-75s.

why are you snorting them?8)

I've only taken pregabalin orally.

Anyone else use a different method of administration? I've read that some folks stick it up their noses and bums.

300mg of pregalin + a single drink = Zombification.

I'm on 300mg right now and I love it!

Peacelove,
Aldousage

his last post was 7 months ago, other than that i'm not sure. maybe someone else might be able to shed some light. he may lurk and just not post, im not sure...

Im trying to come off benzoz or lower the intake anyway so Ive taken 2500mg lyrica yesterday and today again... (over about 10 hours)

can this high doses be dangerous? Ive built tolerance to it too quit quickly, 2x300mg / day.

I've taken 450mg/day for about the last 6 months and its quite bad for the memory + spelling. Im hoping to taper at a stage (but I'll always make sure to get rxed much more than I use - build a stockpile). As for danger there was someone posting that their son died iving it so NB. No known LD50 although you might end up retarded trying to find it - harmful doses could be much lower. 600mg / day is max rx so ur safe from major harm.

Lyrica has an extremely high ceiling. I'm not suggesting you do 600+mg your first time, but I have taken amounts 3000+mgs. But if you read some of my other posts you will see that I have been taking it since it came out in '04, I believe.

In all honesty that post made me sound like I have a 12 inch e-penis. I apologize ladies and gents. Was just pointing out that with Lyrica you can gain tolerance extremely quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.