• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, sure, I know it's an OPIOID, but some Kratom extracts work better than most opiates for me and have an almost identical effect. I found morphine to synergise the best with Gabapentin, though.

^ Going through Lyrica withdrawals is not worse than going through Benzo withdrawals. But I was on a dose of 600mg of Lyrica for a good 2-3 years, and when I was in rehab I decided to come off it. They did a super fast taper and it was pretty bad, but I wouldn't say it was any worse than opioid withdrawal. I am back on Lyrica now at a smaller dose.

It is very individual which drug is worst to come off, even among those acting on the GABA-regulatory mechanisms. I would want to be in a rehab coming off since at home I would just cave in and in the end not eat or even drinking water the last day - just because the thirst was nothing and appetite is a memory lost. Deleriously lying in bed, not more than possibly 20-minutes of nightmares at a time, sleeping maybe an hour for every 20 hours in bed. Loosing field of vision like a distorted old television every now and then. I could go on but I have never had this magnitude of trouble with long time high-dosage benzo cold-turkeys. Benzo cold turkey is not safe, but Lyrica cold turkey feels brain-messing dangerous to me. They really changes one somehow.

If You use Lyrica against anxiety symptoms which may be very high on a degree expect those to rampage on You on a cold turkey. A quick, or super-fast taper would still be prefered over cold turkey (possibly due to it's very fast half-life). For people deciding to quick I would advice to talk with Your neurologist, neuropsychiatrist, psychiatrist or any other doctor experienced with this kind of medicine and follow his or her tapering plan.

Lyrica CT makes in my opinion a combined potent benzo/opiate withdrawal more of an interesting experience. But that is nothing but my opinion of course.

Last edited:
4 month of chronic lyrica use now.

It worked good for my pain but now it seems it loose all it's magic. No more mood lift and No more benzo effect just taking my 150mg twice a day for the neuropathic painkiller effect which isnt optimal by now. Have to add amitryptiline for more painkilling effect and sleep aid.

and still sleep bad. :/ how sad... maybe i'm gonna took a 2week break. To kill my tolerance.

Just took 1200mg which seems to be a good strong dose and I have moderate GABA tolerance. I find the character of lyrica really comes out only after 1-3 drinks with it. I however don't like drinking so maybe a benzo would be good with it instead? I would try mixing temezepam but I don't want to go into a coma for two days... Maybe some clonazepam.

yeah man, after 2 months of daily theraputic prescribed doses its not doing what i want anymore. i get lots of energy and am really productive but i dont get that crystal clear ive just entered nirvana feeling anymore. man i used to love starting the day feeling so HAPPY and clear. im going to stop for a week and see what happens. the effects were so fucking awesome that its worth trying.

i found that naproxyen does potentiate it too. any opiate or gabanergic does too, including booze. sigh, heres hoping for the best.

yeah. I just want to get back this feeling of "Ohh everything is wonderful" and felling so happy.
I'm a bit afraid that all the recreational used of lyrica ( ~1g) I had killed these felling at lower dose.

So 1200mg was actually unpleasant. Does anyone else get weird joint pain and strange sensations in your extremities at high doses? I've taken 2g+ and remember feeling similarly.

ive never gone higher than 900mg.

here is a little update: (man i love colons...the punctiation that is)

ive found that injecting small doses of lyrica is fucking rad. i pop open a 150mg cap and split it into 4 shots with like .5-1mg of suboxone. i just did a 50mg lyrica/1mg suboxone shot and i feel lovely.

i have that crystal clear feeling back. how nice.

ive found that injecting small doses of lyrica is fucking rad. i pop open a 150mg cap and split it into 4 shots with like .5-1mg of suboxone. i just did a 50mg lyrica/1mg suboxone shot and i feel lovely.

I heard shooting lyrica is incredibly dangerous, someone on here's son died from it.

so what makes it dangerous, the pregabalin itself or some soluble fillers/binders?people do say it feels great IVd and I would like to try it without dying, and i'm out of microns so the best i can so is backload the solution into a syringe stuffed with cotton.

so what makes it dangerous, the pregabalin itself or some soluble fillers/binders?people do say it feels great IVd and I would like to try it without dying, and i'm out of microns so the best i can so is backload the solution into a syringe stuffed with cotton.

It's the inert ingredients in the pill.
I just SO wouldn't recommend doing this. Reading about that father losing his son on here broke my heart.

~ vaya

heheh. pregabalin is picked up and actively transported in the gut, hence intravenous administration is ineffective. I thought you already reached this conclusion homey? 8) and yes, in the interest of harm reduction, shooting pregabalin is not only wasteful but dangerous.

I experimented with lyrica for a long time and it was impossible for me to get that early magic back, even after a long break. Both pregabalin and gabapentin are notorious for feeling amazing at first, and then being impossible to regain that feeling. In fact, that "magic" is viewed as a side effect! The intended therapeutic effect, of slowing ion channel transmission to kill nerve pain, sadly, feels like *nothing*. And yes, as has been stated before, pregabalin withdrawal is HELL.

I think you have all now seen that Lyrica WD can be hell, from those who have really gone through it. I believe short-term low-dose withdrawal can be significantly lighter, all we're doing is preparing you for the worst. Whether it is worse or not than benzo/opiate WD is not really relevant, just the fact that it can be on the level of those is saying something.

When I went into it I had no thoughts of anything like that, for me it was just a fun drug to feel good on and I hadn't given withdrawals any second thought. But it makes sense that a drug which is powerful enough to rid you off opiate WD and can emulate the effects of drugs such as MDMA, speed, cannabis, benzos, and opiates would have a price to pay. It wouldn't suprise me if it were to receive higher scheduling in the future.

Anyone heard of anyone die from withdrawals from this drug yet?

Vaya - Question for you

Vaya

"It's the inert ingredients in the pill.
I just SO wouldn't recommend doing this. Reading about that father losing his son on here broke my heart.

~ vaya "

Where is the post about the person dying from shooting this please?

thanks

SnrG

ps - don't shoot this - the BA is 90% orally - shooting will kill you from the binders causing clots.

what inactive ingredients are so bad? water soluble binders? the solution is totally clear? talc?

IV works better than oral for me now. used to be other way around.

i have tried taking several days off and it has not done anything to regain the effects i once had. it still works but i cant drink a cup of coffee and have the anxiety offset by the drug anymore. im thinking more and more that i actually need a benzo now. i hate having anxiety. it makes living so hard.

not being able to look people in the eye is a horrible feeling. avoiding people because you feel uncomfortable around them is really sad too. i dont want to take a benzo, but i dont know how to live in fear when i can just take a pill that will make it go away. i get scared sometimes.

^^^ I feel you, I've had anxiety issues for all of my life. But my forays into benzos (and I've had many) and pregabalin only made my anxiety worse. Sure they both work a treat for a while but they left me in a FAR worse place. Going down the benzo road was such a nightmarish odyssey to get off.....long slow tapers in which I was crippled in fear every morning, and too afraid to even answer the phone. I missed the GAD and occasional panic attacks at this point! In all honesty strenuous exercise (especially running, which I had never done once in my life until the last 6 months) has had such a more profound and long lasting effect on my anxiety than anything else I have ever tried.
And believe me, running was a long stretch (cig smoking druggie) but my desperation and my having tried EVERYTHING else led me to go out on a limb. Just a thought.

Hang in there (and think very hard before going down the benzo road):)

Now i save the pregabalin for recreation and the benzos for coming down off long psychedelic sessions (a nice LSD or mescaline session works FAR better than benzos at slowly and permanently removing crippling anxiety from my life ;) )

fuck. i actually feel more uncomfortable on pregablin now. irritable, cant focus, cant remember ANYTHING, just generally stupid. what the FUUUUUUUUUCK?! this blows. i need some fucking benzos so i can take a break for a week or two. fuck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.