• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shit man, you are scaring me. i too feel like i finally found THE drug. best for depression anxiety motivation energy, sex, sleep. it kicks ass. it freaks me out to think the effects will go away. all i can do is try to take a break for a few days once a month. i think ill be ok. we shall see though.

HEy guys so I have never had this shit lyrica before and also never had nerotin but I am interested in getting on both or just lyrica.. I am intrested to do so so i can not get anxcity attacks at night about dieing death and family getting sick ect. but I want to know what the PROS AND CONS ARE of this shit lyrica.. I WAnt to know about the high it can give you and what that feels like. I REALLY want to know if it is something I should get on and something that once I have been on for about a year I can get off, If I want to for w/e reason. I AM currently On subutex 1 mg daily...

-So lets HEAR the PROS and CONS OF LYRICA
-can you get off it w/e an issue once being on it for a year
-will the withdrawls cause me to always need lyrica or narontin or once i get to a better head space can i stop it for good..

-- please someone give me a really well thought out awnser I am already stuck on subutex for the next year. and mabye longer due to how much of an addict/pussy i am. I can not get myself hooked on another drug for no reason. Let me know all you know about the pros and the cons and please do the responce in bullet points
like this

PROS

-XXxx

-XXX'

CONS

-XXXX

-xxxx

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO READ THis and to all who spent the time to give me a well thought out responce.. THis is our lives we are effecting by the questions we pose and anwser so Please do your best.. THANKS AGAIN MATESSS

yes i was in rehab for lyrica, man try to stop before u get in the same state i was harm reduction at its best. because once ur tollerence is 4 or 5 300mg capsules a day it is hard to go cold turkey. someone find a taper method that works, the shit is awful sometimes when i watch a certain show or a certain thing i hear triggers my lyrica craving and my mouth gets hella hella watery(side effect from being super high on lyrica) this thread even makes it happen, we are going to see the real effects of lyrica soon i think. p.s the 100mg pills remind me of substance d from a scanner darkly anyone else agree?

i still do not understand how to go to rehab for a C-V medication.

also, IME dry mouth is a side effect at high doses, not salivation.

my tolerance has officially doubled from 1 month of daily use, ranging from 150-450mg.

i now need 300mg to replicate the effects of 150mg. i took 300mg this morning and feel sooooooo good, just like how 150 used to work. instead of doubling my dose, im going to stop completely for several days. i figure 5 days will be sufficient. any thoughts?

i still do not understand how to go to rehab for a C-V medication.

also, IME dry mouth is a side effect at high doses, not salivation.

it does not matter the drugs scheduling to tell u addictive ness ermmm marijuana schedule 1? tramadol schedule non? thats just ignorant in my opinion and im talking high doses of like 700+ mg ur mouth will be watering and u will not be able to stop eating lol. im just trying to help man. lyrica had a fucking hold on me, i am now sober from everything bar cannabis :) and feel better for it, it truely is an awful awful awful substance if not taken as perscribed. idk man good luck with it and try not to raise your dose and if u start to run out do a taper. no body deserves that withdrawl.

maybe it is an unreported side effect of lyrica but this thread has turned into a skipping record...;) sigh. I give up.

and, p.s. - I wouldnt take too much credence in scheduling. Remember, it is Big Pharm and the DEA who decides this stuff. Not who I particularly trust. And search off bluelight, LOTS of reports of hideous Lyrica withdrawals..But it seems to mostly be people who jack up their dose at times to get a buzz, or let their tolerance skyrocket. If you use it as it is prescribed you will be in a lot better shape.

subutex man - I would say most of your questions have been answered in this thread

Last edited:
and, p.s. - I wouldnt take too much credence in scheduling. Remember, it is Big Pharm and the DEA who decides this stuff. Not who I particularly trust. And search off bluelight, LOTS of reports of hideous Lyrica withdrawals..But it seems to mostly be people who jack up their dose at times to get a buzz, or let their tolerance skyrocket. If you use it as it is prescribed you will be in a lot better shape.

exactly. thats what happened to me.

....i think it actually may be a side effect. i compulsivley post. this is the only thread that interests me and im so jacked up in anticipation for other posts. its like OCD. i have noticed that actually, im VERY productive on this shit. even at the end of the day i cant lay down with my girl, im cleaning shit and organizing things while talking to her.

Ive been on it for about a month and a half. It definetly has lost its magic. I am going to take a break this week. Having oral surgery done and will be retarded anyway so hey.

the first time and only time I took Lyrica I was intending to take 1g but ended up somehow taking 4g (I have no memory of this). When I awoke I couldnt move the muscles in my legs. I had trouble walking for like 10 days. I went to the doctor's office and my creatine kinase levels were all fucked up. So, be careful.

Last edited:
It seems like for recreational effects you need to allow for one or two days in between. Or, after two days ALL of the effects will have returned, and after one day MOST of the effects have returned. If you take it every day it will seem like it only worked the first day. That was what I experienced when I first took it, after the first day it wouldn't work no matter how much I took and I assumed it only worked the first time. But then I tried it again after a week and the whole effect came back full force.

This is not immediately obvious as it's very different from how drugs like opiates work, where they will work every day for a long period of time with only a very slow reduction of effects. I guess this is why doctors like to start people out on a small dosage and only slowly increase the dose, hoping they will never discover it can give recreational effects. Though many probably assumes it only gives a high for the first day and so has little potential for abuse. And that is the case with many as I have seen many say they get no recreational effect from Lyrica, either because they dose too small or it stops working after the first day.

The same applies to Gabapentin, but here you need to take two days in between, preferably more. Also, if you take it every 3 days for a longer period of time it will eventually stop working or yield very little effects. But Lyrica will keep working quite well for a long period of time if you take every two or three days, though there is a slow build-up of tolerance, so you either have to increase the dose or take a few days break to get your tolerance down. This is preferably considering the high cost of the drug, but if you're addicted it will be very hard as it gives horrendous WD symptoms after a long period of high dosing. I want to start a thread about Lyrica WD as many still seem unaware of the reality of this.

This is nice to hear. I've bee on it two months and I need six hundred to donwhat one fiftey once did even then it is not the same. I stopped two dAys ago and will resume on Friday. Hopefully this is enough time.

@Ninae
How long have you taken Lyrica using two-day breaks and at what doses? I have taken it twice spaced a week apart using a single 600mg dose each time and it worked wonders for me... it eliminated all anxiety and gave a sense of well being... basically, I am trying to figure out a good regime that would avoid tolerance build-up.... any info would be appreciated
@homeydontplaythat
Let me know if you had any success in reducing tolerance after the break

Thanks

Hey.

I've been on Lyrica for just about 3 months now. I was on it three years ago for about a year and tolerance to the incredible side of it is def not permanent because when i resumed it in late July, 75-125mg had me, as you all have so aptly put it, convinced I had found the perfect drug for motivation, irritability, depression, anxiety and insomnia. I am now scripted (from 75mg/day in July) 450mg/day. The stuff still promotes a refreshing 2 hour siesta for me, but otherwise, I feel almost no effects from it - even when I take my entire daily dose (and then some) all at once. So minimal are the effects now that on multiple occasions I've dropped 900mg in one day because I had forgotten I'd taken ANY Lyrica that day! NOT a good feeling, that.

When initially the feeling had been nothing less than 'ecstatic,' I need to take at LEAST 5 days off to even achieve 'well-being.' It no longer works at all for motivation, irritability or depression, but works great for insomnia and sub-par for anxiety. It has become very difficult to take off 5 days now because of my prolonged exposure to the chemical; I withdrawal too negatively and have to take a 150mg cap every other day or else I'm fucked.

When I wasn't quite as dependent as I am now (at around 200mg/day), taking breaks was simple enough and it took 3-10 days before I could classify the feeling as euphoric again.

If I've learned anything from my cumulative 1 1/4 years' experience with this material, it's that, and let me stress this, LESS IS MORE!. It is going to be a tough road reducing my dose, but I am resolute to do it. The most perfect regime I ever had was when I arbitrarily created a "2 days on, 3 days off" schedule for myself. The euphoria and sense that I'd found the perfect medication for me persisted for weeks that way; I believe my current woes with Lyrica are a direct result of my having gotten too greedy and eager to feel 'that way' all the time.

And a comment on judging breaks by half-life alone: I do not recommend this. Although I have no literature to back me up, extensive anecdotal experience tells me that the duration of pregabalin's influence on the body is independent of its literal bodily presence. It is my conjecture that prolonged exposure (2-4 weeks and above, like with benzos and GABA) causes medium-term changes in the way calcium channels are modulated in the brain that may persist for a relative while in some (most?) individuals. Our goal as hopeful users of Lyrica for GAD and other mental illness ought to be regulating our intake of the medication such that a detrimental build-up of the drug does not occur; so that on the days we do consume it we are relieved, and on the days we don't consume it we can rest easy knowing that it will work next time.

~ vaya

@Ninae
How long have you taken Lyrica using two-day breaks and at what doses? I have taken it twice spaced a week apart using a single 600mg dose each time and it worked wonders for me... it eliminated all anxiety and gave a sense of well being... basically, I am trying to figure out a good regime that would avoid tolerance build-up.... any info would be appreciated
@homeydontplaythat
Let me know if you had any success in reducing tolerance after the break

Thanks

Once a week should be ideal, if you can keep it at that. This should avoid much build-up of tolerance. Though this is more recreational than therapeutic.

If you take it every two or three days you will get effects but they will be somewhat reduced over time, at least when it comes to recreational value, that great Lyrica high will be harder and harder to achieve. But the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects seem to remain over time.

I've been taking it every other day for 5 months, at very high doses like 1-2.5 grams, and basically abused it. I have now had a 8 weeks break after enduring the withdrawal and plan to get back on it at lower doses, or no more than 600-1200 mg a day. I don't seem to get much effects under 6oo mg, or at least not as much as I'd like.

I've found that if I take it two days in a row I need like twice as much to get less effects than I do if I skip one day, so this is obviously the key to getting effects from this drug. After the first week this year I couldn't feel it at all if I took it every day, though after the first time I tried it I couldn't get it to work at all after the first day and I was suprised it came back after one week break. I'm going to try to keep it to every 3 days this time, as I think this will make a significant difference in build-up of tolerance, and it seems to allow for all of the drug to be washed out of your body so you can get the full effects.

Lyrica is the best mood elvator and anti-anxiety medication I have found. So effective and with few side effects. Too bad it gives such terrible withdrawals and I'm also concerned about permanent serious damage to the body from taking this medication. Keep in mind we are the guinea pigs for it.

Last edited:
question.... has anyone ever experienced motor coordination problems that persist for a few days after "quitting" lyrica?

OR does anyone know where I might be able to find literature to this effect

thank you!!!

i have no idea what anyone is talking about as far as withdrawals from this stuff. ive been taking it everyday for over 2 months and just feel grouchy when i dont have it.

i take this shit because it helps my anxiety and mood, even motivation. i would rather have a few beers if i want to get fucked up.

i am prescribed lyrica and when i take like 3-400 mgs i start to feel effect after 45 mins. it comes like a benzo buzz but that only lasts a half hour or so then i just wanna pass out. i notice it causes personality changes in me aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.