• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been taking 225 mg twice a day for about 2 months. I take it at 8 am and 4 pm every day. I can not get my script filled for 10 more days due to financial troubles. Will someone please tell me about the withdrawl from this much. I read the entire post and I see a lot of withdrawl information but it all seems to be for higher mgs and longer periods of use. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Google "Lyrica withdrawal". You will find many stories, also of those taking that low amount of day going through tough withdrawals, but two months might not be enough, so wait and see, maybe you will be fine. Seems to be quite individual how it works in that respect. If not, try to get your hands on some cheap, generic Gabapentin maybe.

when i first tried it , this was the most amazing drug ive ever tried as for my problems with depression, anxiety, motivation, and even attention.

now its the opposite. it makes me feel more anxious, and i cant remember my own name.

This is hard for me to understand, as I used it every other day for 5 months and the effects never subsided. Though the recreational effects decreased over time, but it always worked excellently as an anti-depressant and anxiety reliever. But then I was also taking high doses (settled at around 1500 mg a day).

The reason I was taking such crazy high doses was that I tried Neurontin first, which needs thosands of mgs to get a high of (6000 mg for me), so I thought 1-3 grams was reasonable, also from trying to get an effect when it seemed to stop working after the first day (for me). I used to take TEN 300 mg pills when I first started, what a crazy high it was.

whats it like next to gabapentin? (neurontin)

More clear-headed for one thing. Gabapentin is more like Pot to me, clouds my mind and makes me speak incoherently and have trouble gathering my thoughts. So you can be more functional on it. Though it can affect my coordination pretty bad, walking into walls, etc. fell over once.

The high itself is just more intense than what you can get from however much amount of Gabapentin. Both stronger and better. Kind of hard to explain the difference, something you need to try out for yourself, just a different feeling. More ecstacy-like in a way. I like to call it the housewife version of ecstacy. Hah.

Both should be taken no more than once a week to get the best effect from it.

the biggest difference is that pregabalin has this energy behind it. gabapentin has no motivational effects at all.

Has anyone tried Kratom for anxiety?
I find it calms me down well, albeit in a more drugged-out kind of way. Opiate-like.
Have been switching it every other day with Lyrica for a while, but by far prefer the days I'm on Lyrica.

Kratom will not doing anything for anyone that has used anything stronger than tramadol, as far as getting you off. Probably would help for wd if you dont have anything else.

Oh yes, it will. I have used all kinds of opiates and after a few years break plain leaf worked well for me for six months. After that I upgraded to the strong extracts, and they still work, and are as strong as any opiate. In fact, I find the UEI to be stronger than morphine. It wouldn't work for me when I had a tolerance to it (the morphine that is). Maybe you just haven't experimented enough.

By the way, the mods have permission to delete my post if you feel it threatens the legal staus of Kratom in some way.

I stopped taking 6 x 75mg a day recently with no withdrawal symptoms.

It causes weird mood swings in me. usually I take it with a bunch of opiates but when i take it alone and it can make anything happen.

does anyone else seem to get incredibly irritable from lyrica?

I can't say if it comes from lyrica, tramadol or just my natural mood but the mood swing are intense yeah and I move from extremely irritable to very talkative and souriant.

btw I use lyrica for nerve pain primary but also enjoy this anxiety killing effect

edit: lowered my usual 300mg dose from 150 last few days and didn t notice any change.

nono, it's definitely a mood swing which is very reminiscent of a benzo mood swing. Those GABAgeric drugs have a tendency to do that.

High on 600mg with a little wine atm. Quite fucked up and nodding. But enjoying this state :)
It missed me a lot. It has been a long time since I use it for recreational purpose. VERY dizzy, and hard to walk. Pain as usual, not doing much than at 300mg.

enormous mood lift from angry because of pain to very calm. Colors seems a little brighter or more interesting like a very very low dose of lsd.

I'll try to get a little more than 300mg/day from my doc. We'll see...

well, today is a very sad day indeed. lyrica....has stopped working. fuck, im about to cry.

i took 300mg today and felt HORRIBLE. i cant concentrate, im irritable as fuck, i just feel angry and stupid.

i dont have high hopes that it will work again either. from what i read, this is it. i will try taking a break for a full 10 days though, as the shit was AWESOME for my anxiety and depression.

but now....it just makes me feel worse. im so sad. i just feel like a mess on it now. i can concentrate, make typos when typing, get incredibly angry really quickly, and its actually creating anxiety.

i dont have any wds when i stop but i just feel so amotivaed and a little depressed. however, its not worth feeling motivated and yet not doing able to do anything because i get so frustrated. its not worth being less depressed but not able to think straight.

this shit really fucks with you. ive never seen a drug do such a 180.

to lyrica users out there.....does it start working again if you take a break....and HOW LONG OF A BREAK. i tried 3 days and that didnt do shit. sigh, i dont know....i doooont want to take a benzo. i was so hoping this was the answer......now i have to consider xanax and klonopin again? fuck me.

!

well, today is a very sad day indeed. lyrica....has stopped working. fuck, im about to cry.

i took 300mg today and felt HORRIBLE. i cant concentrate, im irritable as fuck, i just feel angry and stupid.

i dont have high hopes that it will work again either. from what i read, this is it. i will try taking a break for a full 10 days though, as the shit was AWESOME for my anxiety and depression.

but now....it just makes me feel worse. im so sad. i just feel like a mess on it now. i can concentrate, make typos when typing, get incredibly angry really quickly, and its actually creating anxiety.

i dont have any wds when i stop but i just feel so amotivaed and a little depressed. however, its not worth feeling motivated and yet not doing able to do anything because i get so frustrated. its not worth being less depressed but not able to think straight.

this shit really fucks with you. ive never seen a drug do such a 180.

to lyrica users out there.....does it start working again if you take a break....and HOW LONG OF A BREAK. i tried 3 days and that didnt do shit. sigh, i dont know....i doooont want to take a benzo. i was so hoping this was the answer......now i have to consider xanax and klonopin again? fuck me.
Welcome to the club! I moved to Lyrica after Neurontin stopped working. It wasn't long at all (couple weeks) before Lyrica was basically just a sugar pill to me.

No matter how long of a break I take from it, it pretty much never works like it did. Just makes me over-eat and extremely overweight (gained 50+ pounds).

Sick of being obese, I have stopped taking Lyrica and switched to Abilify for my anxiety. Getting mixed results from that. The only thing keeping me going right now is the 8 mg of Suboxone I take daily.

You may want to think about moving on to a different med if tolerance has taken over. :\

my attention and memory have gone to shit on this stuff. i mean im forgetting everything and i cant even type without making a spelling mistake every other word. i cant even meditate anymore because i cant sit still or focus. so im taking a break.

if i can get the good effects back ill take it for a month and stop for a week or however long it takes to reset. it doesnt make me feel good anymore. it makes me feel fucking stupid.

Regarding the meditation issue I am glad this came up because I was a meditating heavily before starting with Lyrica, and it just became more and more hard. The last years on Lyrica I have had an extremely hard time meditating. It feels like a strong hinder in the pursuit of inner calm.

Have been tapering for a year now but still get strong physical withdrawals from even small doses. Kicking the last 25mg doses will be one of the more difficult periods in my life. But the clarity of mind every dose reduction gives (after the 1-2 weeks of withdrawal with each dose reduction) is really fantastic. It is uplifting and things that was hard/impossible in my mind to do has become increasingly less difficult to pursue. Thank God that the side effect of this drug does not seem to be permanent, even if it takes the brain (on different individuals of course) a long time to repair to it's formal state.

Regarding kidney stones - a person I know got that since he started Lyrica. He has also gone bald and cannot drink coffee anymore due to high levels of irritation.

I wish You all jumping off this wagon the best of luck!!

ive heard mixed things as far as taking a break and it working again. some say all you need is a couple days off, some say even a week off and you still wont feel it like you used to.

i do no understand this medication. all i know is it worked wonderfully, not it makes me feel horrible. i will try taking a significant break in hopes that it will work again. im skeptical though.

Status
Not open for further replies.