• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taking 300mg/day of Lyrica for about 10-11 months with no variation in dosage or days off. I was taking it because of a severe flare-up of back pain, believed to be caused by DDD, DJD, and/or two bulging discs (L3-L4, L4-L5). For about 6 months while I was on it, I was also taking 2 20mg Opana ER daily, and analgesia was increased significantly; I never had to increase my Opana dosage. However, it still took a month of Percocet 7.5/325 and OxyContin 20mg to get to the Opana. I digress...

I found the worst side-effect of Lyrica to be pseudo-aphasia. I was unable to recall even the simplest of words when needed, although as soon as I'd finish speaking, I would remember it. I constantly felt like everything I wanted to say was right on the tip of my tongue, but I could never get it out. It screwed with my comprehension of spoken language as well, and probably half of the time anyone would speak to me, I'd have to ask them to repeat it as it just wasn't "clicking" in my head. Incredibly frustrating, especially in pharmacology classes in college, and for a relatively smart guy like myself.

Regarding withdrawals, I noticed that after stopping cold-turkey from 300mg/day after about a year, the two worst symptoms were unbearable leg cramps that seemed to be related to the pseudo-sciatica I have, and also terrible insomnia. I was also taking 3mg Klonopin, 60mg Temazepam, and 60mg Flurazepam at the time, yet still no sleep.

Okay i'm not reading all the stuff that is on this thread, i'm way to lazy to do that right now, im on 500mg of lyrica right now and im fucking NIIIICE, but yeah here is my list of things to do and not to do:

to do:

listen to music -OMG ITS LIKE ITS ALIVE
watch a movie
keep the room well lit
keep hydrated
try to stay awake
walk around
and if you can handle it, try drinking a little bit (NOT FOR LIGHT WEIGHTS) omg its so fun

not to do:

sit in the dark- kills the high
sleep
lay down with your eyes closed

but yeah im gonna go stumble around my room!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
8)8)8)Umm, just a suggestion, but maybe not writing your posts on 500mg of pregabalin might be a good idea???8)8)8)

been experimenting with lots of stuff to help with the anxiety from oxy withdrawal. one thing im trying to avoid is sleeping all day. xanax and benzos always seem to do that. snorting ambien (10mg) takes away alot of anxiety but it has a very short half life and I try doing the second 10mg's I will immediately fall asleep and forget even doing so. Trying lyrica for the second day today, yesterday it worked well for a while kinda like a benzo feeling but not as bad. I snorted uh 200mg of powder from 100mg geltabs, its alot of powder, has a VERY nasty aftertaste. It kinda lingers with you for a long time after you do it, the good thing is it shoots up your nose no problem. Today I am trying it orally 200mg, might try snorting 100mg if I dont feel the same effects as yesterday.

Overall I would reccomend it for anxiety and withdrawals, although I don't know what the price on the street is if its high theres probably better alternatives, the half life is pretty good I think I read its like 8-12 hours. So far I can't comment on the absorption rate of snorting vs taking orally but will check back after tonights test.

Also, why would you IV ANY pill? There is so many fillers in most pills youre likely to die from overusing it. I guess you could call me a hypocrite for snorting stuff that shouldn't be snorted but still I could never see the logic behind injecting yourself with something like that

^I just wanted to let you know that the oral bioavailability of pregabalin (Lyrica) is at least 90% and I haven't seen any figures citing the intranasal BA but I'd be really surprised if its that high. I was prescribed it for years up to 450mg/day and tried snorting it a number of times and it definitely was not stronger and personally felt it was considerably weaker...

If you want to snort it go for it, I just imagine its more effective and cost-effective orally.

After my surgery, I was rx'ed lyrica, first it was 100mg 2x a day. First day made me so sleepy I could'nt stay awake if I wanted to. I eventually had it raised to 300mg 2x a day, and made me just very lethargic, couldn't wake up before 1 in the afternoon even if I tried too.

k update:

200 mg orally didnt do much, waited about 90 minutes after eating.
snorted 100mg, 30 minutes later it all hit me at once.
extremely relaxed, increased appetite, walked into a wall (the drunk feeling) feeling drunk but being able to talk and do normal things its a very nice high. going to try another 100mg and let you guys know how it effects my current high and where i go from here.

oh weird thing, i had like chest pains, nothing serious, probably just a mental reaction from stress/anxiety of withdrawals

k so 300mg is probably a perfect dose for chillin, i wouldnt reccomend walking around you feel like "that one drunk guy" whos always breaking shit or falling over. as for chillin and the withdrawals it helped me on another level, it lasts a super long time and i would recommend it to anyone coming off opiates, im wondering if the withdrawals are bad from lyrica, they probably dont even come close to opiates so im not too worried, not to mention 300mg isint that high of a dose.

^They are very similar but mg for mg lyrica is far more potent (I'd say at leats 3:1). I'd read about more people hallucinating on really high doses of gabapentin than lyrica but that's all anecdotal and I've never gone that high. On the doses commonly abused, both produce very similar alcohol or benzo-like drunk/stupor type effects with lots of anxiolysis and ataxia.

I had a lot of fun at a party once after swallowing a fucking HANDFUL of either Lyrica or Neurontin. Don't remember which one it was. I had tracers like a motherfucker and couldn't walk straight at all. I avoided any and all alcohol that night and actually ended up hooking up with an amazingly hot girl. But I remember she couldn't kiss worth a shit, either that or I was just really fucked up. It was a good time lol.

I am rx'ed Lyrica 100 MG 3x a day for PDPN (Painful Diabetic Periphial Neuopathy) and if I take 3 at night I cant lift my blanket the next morning.

Once we realise that we can love eachother, that we ALL can win if we help eachother out, no one has to 'take' anything from anyone and leave others to lose out. Think about a guy and a beautiful girl getting together. The guy thinks he is so lucky to have the girl, he feels he is taking something from her, because having sex with her and loving her feels so good... surely it must cost something... but the girl, she feels the same... she gets so much pleasure from her man ... she feels so much love for him, that she feels she must somehow 'pay' for it one day... But you see, NEITHER of them will lose. BOTH of them win, they get the greatest prize the world has to offer, for absolutely NOTHING. That is LOVE, how we can all help eachother with no one losing out whatsoever.

Can you tell I am high on Pregabalin right now but the above still stands =D

quoted not only for truth but also lol-factor too also as well :D

k so 300mg is probably a perfect dose for chillin, i wouldnt reccomend walking around you feel like "that one drunk guy" whos always breaking shit or falling over. as for chillin and the withdrawals it helped me on another level, it lasts a super long time and i would recommend it to anyone coming off opiates, im wondering if the withdrawals are bad from lyrica, they probably dont even come close to opiates so im not too worried, not to mention 300mg isint that high of a dose.

The withdrawals are like other GABAnergic drugs: pretty bad and potentially deadly. You need to taper off this drug once you have become dependent on it.

i have been on Lyrica for almost four year and reading that people use it to get high is a bit sad. It is a dangerous drug that can seriously mess with Your brain-chemistry. I hope they make this heavier classed.

Going cold turkey from it is in my opinion much worse that cold turkey on heavy ammounts of Xanax or Dope. Being a slave to Lyrica when one realizes this does really really suck. I wish I never gotten on it. Stay carefull from this, I could write pages of my bad experience with it.

Be Carefull people! //Mr Mercury

tom mercury: i've been on lyrica for three years, and would not like to see it used as a recreational drug either. but how is it dangerous? please elaborate

^I think he's referring to the withdrawals, which are similar to other GABAnergic drugs. (alcohol, benzos, barbiturates)

For sure there is withdrawal, but nowhere near as serious as benzodiazepines at least. For me, after daily use for several years, it usually manifests inself in irritability, nightmares, dysphoria for 1-2 days and after that i'm pretty much ok. And after just 2-3 days going without it, half my normal dose makes me feel intoxicated.

Of course, experiences vary. I'm glad there is this alternative for people with social phobia like me, so benzo use can be avoide.

I have a ton of lyrica and gabapentin.......used it from time to time * at recommended dose and didnt do a damn thing for me. i personally love my opiate high. before i swallow a handful bc i am OUT of hydro-what is this high like?> from what lil i have read.....being drunk? i do not drink-dont enjoy the effects.....so should i NOt do this?

I would call it dangerous because the chemistry of it is not well known to every medical expert; for instance it have the probability of function to cause:
*Premature Hair Loss (many people without any reason, even youngsters, have gotten this)
*Neurological Seizures (most often numbness in arms and legs, can not be a good sign)
*Temporary Muscular Dysfunctions (like You focus to walk trough a door but instead get your head knocked in the wall instead or loosing the control of fingers to for example write on a keyboard or to use a pen) - this is most often related to going of a high dose cold turkey or getting a high dose. Can last for up to 2 days. It sucks to make a fine dinner and then loose it all on the floor just because an arm decides to relax all it's muscles for five seconds.
*Loss of Eye-Sight Vision - and this is dangerous. If one goes cold-turkey the eye-sight can suddenly dissseaper like an old TV used to do. It can last for a couple of seconds and suddenly flickers back. Seriously, does anyone know any other drug that causes this?
*Hallucinations - Worse than 175mcg LSD in my opinion, because a floor can look like some flat-screen TV showing filming an highway, or if it is floor-tiles, it can look like a river. (Edit: Visionary effects can appear on withdrawal and is individually)
*Temporary Memory-Loss - Very Hard to focus on discussions because like in no time one may not even remember what one has talked about for the last 30 minutes,

Regarding the withdrawals (very subjective subject by the way);
- Going of high doses of potent bensodiazepines is mildly similiar except that does not make me sweat or totally loose the experience of time (hard to catch if it has passed 13 minutes or 90 minutes kind of thing).

Because of it's short half life withdrawals can come fast and heavy. Personally when one reaches really bad effects of it I do not think a person should drive or operate heavy machinery. It is also not uncommon to get dilated pupils if withdrawing from it quickly, but that is not an introvert problem, but could cause problems if acting really messed up and walking into things and the police stop You and test You for other things they may find.

Short term use (like 1-2 weeks) in not too high doses (maybe up to ~150mgs?) for while tapering bensodiazepines would be okay in my opinion. But benzos are safe and if a person can controll it for their medical purpose I don't think it is a capital problem.

Another problem with Lyrica, probably one of the larger, is the exponentially sky-rocketing tolerance increase this drug has. I have no idea how many grams per day I would need to actually benefit from the purpose of this drug instead of just maintaining a messed up physical addiction of a proportion I have rarely felt with other drugs because of the disarranged psychological backlashes those physical side-effects can account for (depending on situation of course).

Last edited:
- Worse than 175mg LSD in my opinion, because a floor can look like some flat-screen TV showing filming an highway, or if it is floor-tiles, it can look like a river.
I think you mean micrograms, not milligrams

Status
Not open for further replies.