• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The LYRICA (pregabalin) Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used this drug many times.
It is a great sleeping pill, one of the only ones out of the many I have tried that will keep me asleep all damn night without any wake ups or very few.

I take it with Suboxone (bup) and I have had no adverse reactions and rather like the combo. I usually take 300-450 mg at time for desirable effects.

Some like it others hate it. Only thing you can do is try it and judge for yourself.
The buzz is different and seems to come in waves.
First I get an energy burst similar to the come on of hydrocodone.
Then it makes me feel complacent and anxiety fades similar to a benzo and coordination goes all to hell as if I was drunk.
Then it makes me sleepy and it is lights out.

The effects last a very, very long time. 10+ hours. The first time I took it I woke up stoned 18 hours later.

Others report an MDMA like effect on erowid and it is the same there....some love it others hate it. Dose ranges on there range from 75mg-700mg+

Hope that helps ya. :)

One last thing... This is an addictive drug and has very unpleasant withdrawal. Almost identical to a benzo withdrawal. I do not wish that on anyone, so please use with caution if you do decide to stay on it, and if you do ever want off make sure you taper slowly.

Hmm, Lyrica, physically addicting? Nope. Lyrica (Pregabalin) is basically the new form of Gabapentin (Neurontin). The thing with Lyrica is that it is doesed in much lower doses because the oral B/A is something like 94%. Way higher than GABAPentin's. I've been on Lyrica for about 3-4 years, and right now I am on the maximum dosage you can take in a day, which is 600MG/day. 300MG in the morning, and 300MG at night. I've gone off my Lyrica several times, and I have never noticed anything really serious in terms of withdrawal. %)

Now, Benzodiazepine withdrawal, thats a whole nother story. Benzo w/d can be fatal if you don't taper, or goto a detox facility, or rehab (something like that). 8)

I take it with my suboxone and my suboxone doctor knows i take it so it must be alright.

I've got fibro as well but I refuse to take it because of the weight gain. I'm not looking to get like high off of it or anything. How has it helped your fibro (to those who said it helped)? Today was horrible for me and my pain. I couldn't even touch my skin on my arms, legs, sides around my hip and stomach region. I might reconsider taking it if it makes a really big difference in pain.

They definatly help with my leg pain from my spinal stenosis/arthritis/sciatica(spelling??) where its choking my spinal cord the leg pain is UNBEARABLE!!! thank god for this stuff!!!!..SB

Hmm, Lyrica, physically addicting? Nope. Lyrica (Pregabalin) is basically the new form of Gabapentin (Neurontin). The thing with Lyrica is that it is doesed in much lower doses because the oral B/A is something like 94%. Way higher than GABAPentin's. I've been on Lyrica for about 3-4 years, and right now I am on the maximum dosage you can take in a day, which is 600MG/day. 300MG in the morning, and 300MG at night. I've gone off my Lyrica several times, and I have never noticed anything really serious in terms of withdrawal. %)

Now, Benzodiazepine withdrawal, thats a whole nother story. Benzo w/d can be fatal if you don't taper, or goto a detox facility, or rehab (something like that). 8)

Not disputing you but even my doc told me the lyrica has nasty withdrawls and not to stop taking it without tapering down after my back surgery(whenever i can get the fuckin insurance to let me get it done):!:!:!.......SB

PS. maybe because of all the other stuff were on we dont withdraw from it???.....SB

^^^^^^^^^^
Even Pfizer (the manufacturer) has admitted that abrupt cessation leads to a withdrawal

they scripted me lyrica at the pain clinic...anybody taking this? anyone have experience to share? (yeah i tried to search and found little on this here). i have it but haven't taken it yet. few questions....does this stuff give you any nice high at all? (all the web sites say it is makes you tried and fat, yipee?) on the off chance anyone has used it as i'm suppose to be in combo with avinza and percocet, how did that work out for you? and last (will be really impressed if anyone knows) can you take it when on buprenex since my pain meds never make it the whole month so if i start this stuff will be taking it with bupe that last 7-10 days of month.

i was on it for a month. its a strong gabapentin. You need less of it (100mg range) instead of the 1gram+ of gabapentin, so supposedly less side effects. But yea it makes you hungry as hell, and if you take too much it makes you feel weird as fuck for a few hours. I didnt like it.

It absolutely has withdrawals and they mimic Benzo withdrawal.

You searched for lyrica here on BL and found just a little info? There's lots of info and threads about lyrica on here. The Lyrica Mega Thread is very good here it is http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=231107

ive taken a fairly low dose before 200mg and i really liked it. its like alcohol or benzos with no nausea. i'd like to take 500-600+mg some time

I'm taking gabapentin (Neurontin), which is very similar but a little weaker, and I like it. It helps with anxiety. From your post, it seem like you're comparing it to a narcotic (opiate) since it's a neuropathic pain killer. It's nothing like an opiate. They actually don't know much about it's mechanism of action, although they do know it's more comparable to a benzo since they both act on the GABA receptors in the brain (hence the names GABApentin and preGABAlin)...

I started taking this about a 2 - 2 1/2 weeks ago im up to 2 75mg pills at night , everything was going somewhat ok , it lowered the amount of pain medication i had to take , it increased the longevity and effectiveness of my regular opiate schedule (ER medications) .

however halfway through starting taking 2 pills , i started to get hangovers that lasted pretty much all day , unrelenting drowsiness (almost made me want to start taking coke again) my head felt like it was constantly clouded . then at night after i took it , in about an hour i would sometimes get double vision / blurred vision , headaches , sensitivity to light (migraine like) , sensitivity to sound , i felt agitated . I would even sometimes get tracers .

ive since stopped taking it , and am going to be calling my doctor next week . it really sucks because my doctor and I cant seem to figure out whats causing my pain , and think a portion of it may be nerve damage . but with these side effects i cant afford to take it which bums me out because of how well it had increased synergy and effectivness of my opiate medication . it took care of alot of the pain the opiate wasnt getting to and some of the burning/numbing feeling around my spine and lower left leg.

LT: some of those side effects should lessen as you gain tolerance but IMO the analgesia will persist so long as you dont abuse it. It does seem to help somewhat with non-neuro pain as well so your pain might not be from neuropathic damage (although it is a very likely candidate).

lyrica bad bad drug for some!

lyrica...congrats, you're worst drug i've ever taken.
me: long time huge opiate user. insanely high tolerance to all opiates (stopped shooting heroin 8 yrs ago after 20 yr run, on high doses IV morphine and OC's and oral percs nowadays). have tried just about every drug there is out there at least once *cough* so not some noob posting the following...

took ONE 75 mg cap of lyrica since the pain clinic wants me on this stuff. felt horrible for 18-20 hours! :( i mean like underwater, stupid (IQ dropped 100 points the second it came on), could not stay awake, unpleasant feeling that lasted far too long. and that drunk but not drunk, zero euphoria feeling. sure was great for sleep, had the longest sleep i've had in ages, probably helped with pain levels, dunno wasn't "here" to really know, but when i woke up 12 hours later still was so foggy and blah. downed 3 cups of espresso trying to snap out of it (if someone had wandered into house and offered me coke or speed would have taken in a sec to try to break the lyrica..however since i've never had anyone ever wander into my house in this lifetime offering such that didn't happen, sigh). ended up going back to sleep for 6-8 more hours. when woke up again STILL felt yucky and groggy, took an extra 80 mgs of OC on top of regular doses to finally snap out of it. lyica gets you high? yeah i guess so if you want to call being a drooling sleeping stupid slug high...hey too bad it was not the first drug i ever did all those years ago, i would be walking around with virgin veins and a 'just say no' t-shirt since i doubt i would have ever done another drug again in my life. was just a horrible experience for me. hated it and am sooooooo glad i did not take more than 75 mgs.

you know what lyrica feels like to me? trazodone. same head/body feelings as that, same impossible to stay awake, same 'unpleasant feeling' and same groggy crappy hangover that won't leave.

first time lyrica users: do not take this drug if you have to be anywhere, drive, work, talk, or function in any way for 24 hours.

i can't even imagine taking the doses i've read about in this thread. obviously everyone is very different in what drugs/doses work for them but really felt that in the spirit of harm reduction that i needed to post this. i see on this thread a few quiet little mentions from few others that this drug was not good for them either, but for future people reading this mega thread and thinking about trying lyrica for first time you might want to test out a very low dose first time (and yes it does take HOURS to come on, don't redose after an hour thinking nothing is gonna happen off first dose) and see how YOUR body reacts before jumping to the doses mentioned all over this thread.

i have 240 of these 75 mg caps of crap. i'll save them for when it is time to kick the opiates, imagine that combined with the bruprenex it might be a damn good way to get through w/d's??....just sleep/pass out for a few weeks until they are over? hey maybe this could be the 'miracle drug' for opiate w/d's.....cause i will not subject myself to taking this again for pain even if it did work great (who knows? was basically 'passed out' for 20 hours) and NO way for recreational use. if it wasn't for the possibility of this stuff being awesome for w/d's i would be tossing these pills in the garbage right now.

jmho and personal experience.

all hail pregabalin

Hey all,

I have a long history of brain problems, I am on a variety of medications , antidepressants, antipsychotics, but still I have anxiety where my limbs shake and I feel physically sick . I've also had restless leg syndrome since I went on SSRIs. The doctors won't give me benzos except fucking lame 2 mg diazepam which does nothing (two, not twenty) . I try not to break down in front of doctors because that would just be weird for them, but they judge that relatively calm me and think I'm like that when I'm at home or when I'm out trying to socialize and trying to get a girlfriend. I was looking for a non addicting benzo, and came to pregabalin. It was expensive as f**k , but I had to get it asap.

First time:

Took 150 mg , waited 30 mins , felt nothing. Took another 150 mg, now it was coming on after about an hour -- my leg became still, and in my chest I felt relief -- usually my head and my chest are doing overtime. Pregabalin erased all of that physical stress inside when you are worried. Then I took another 300 mg , so 600 mg total. At this dose I began to appreciate music... on a different level... it was like, sounds I had not noticed before jumped out of hiding, it was a different level of consciousness, it was still very subtle -- I was still in my right mind (not like on DXM) -- it was pleasant, warm and fuzzy, but not extremely so. There was no intense, orgasmic high as on certain street drugs. I stayed up all night dancing to music, it was like my own one man party! Thanks to pregabalin...

It seems such a friendly drug, with no adverse effects and everything it does is beneficial. The only worrying effect is not being able to walk straight.

Second time:

The next day I took 900 mg. I fell asleep. Damn. I woke up feeling great, a warm pleasant feeling that made me feel love towards other people, want to talk to them. I still couldn't walk straight but I talked to my family in ways I never have done before. THEN, I sat on the couch, after standing up with my head forward, and leaned back, rested my head backwards with my back relatively straight on the back of the couch. I felt an orgasmic rush through my entire body. I kept my head backwards (as in a hairdresser's hair washing sink) and willed it to continue. I felt if I had positioned myself in a different way, thought different things, etc. , I could have improved the high. The rush had potential to blow me away but it stopped and went away...too soon... I was left thinking, WTF WAS THAT. It was funny because my family had no clue what I just felt, and that I was high off lyrica. It's sort of like being drunk, but clean, yes there is poor walking and blurred vision,, but you are able to act normally and it's not as debilitating as alcohol.

As for talking to strangers, specifically hot girls, I haven't tried it yet. But I will. So far, when I think of doing it, pregabalin will make me feel they are my friends and on my side, instead of my irrational negative automatic thought, that they will hate me or laugh at me or be hostile in any other way. I tried CBT to cure this irrational thought, and have beaten it through sheer audacity in the past, and from experience the vast majority of people (including pretty girls) are friendly, I'd say from the hundreds of people I've talked to, at least 95% of them are nice and friendly, so the thought that xyz group of girls are going to laugh at me or be hostile in any other way, is completely irrational. I feel like I am not 'on their side'. Pregabalin makes me feel like they are already my friends, I just haven't met them yet.

Also, when in bars, I often go into the state of not wanting to talk to anyone, of exhaustion, like emptiness in my chest, I can't talk to anyone else. I just don't get into a talkative state sometimes... What I can say even before trying it out, Pregabalin fills that emptiness, it fills my chest with strength and fuzzy warmth. mmm... Pregabalin makes me talkative, as I said though I have to try it out in the real environment, not just in my house. I will naturally update on this thread, with my findings.

I've just taken 1500 mg a couple hours ago and now shoved 300 mg up my ass. Like butters, 'just slide it up in my anus'.

For anxiety Pregabalin works but in a way different from benzos. I'd say this drug just makes you a bit drunk, not care so much and a but more empathetic. A lot of people have automatic negative thoughts, that the 'world is against' them, which CBT can't solve, not properly. Pregabalin has potential to do just that. Once we realise that we can love eachother, that we ALL can win if we help eachother out, no one has to 'take' anything from anyone and leave others to lose out. Think about a guy and a beautiful girl getting together. The guy thinks he is so lucky to have the girl, he feels he is taking something from her, because having sex with her and loving her feels so good... surely it must cost something... but the girl, she feels the same... she gets so much pleasure from her man ... she feels so much love for him, that she feels she must somehow 'pay' for it one day... But you see, NEITHER of them will lose. BOTH of them win, they get the greatest prize the world has to offer, for absolutely NOTHING. That is LOVE, how we can all help eachother with no one losing out whatsoever.

Can you tell I am high on Pregabalin right now but the above still stands =D

Last edited:
lyrica is pointless for recreational use. I was prescribed it at first for HPPD and this drug fuckin sucks. Also did nothing for HPPD. It gave no euphoria and made my balance and vision all fucked.

Point....fuck lyrica.

Lyrica is not a wonder cure all drug that it is touted as. It works very well for certain types of neuralgia and personally it was a Godsend for myself but it does carry a heavy cost after long term use specifically the cognitive deficit it creates. I've been off it for a month and my memory has improved DRAMATICALLY. I was beginning to think I might be permanently damaged and the impairment it created was actually quite scary now that I look back. I would not like to be on more than 75mg/day unless absolutely 100% neccessary (bad pain etc). Please take note those of you who have just started, I used it for almost 2 years at the higher dosage spectrum and you dont realise how much it affects you until you stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.