• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

My spine/pain doctor, is upping my Lyrica dosage to 600mg/day, next month. That will be nice. Can I use any amount of Lyrica, to potentiate or synergies with Percocet?

Hey SK, I'm on 600mg lyrica daily.

Actually that's a lie lol. I'm Prescribed that amount but as I've prev posted I tend to either take it prn which Does Work for my leg pains, or I save it for recreational fun. It does wonders for my anxiety too. Just wished it kicked in a bit quicker.

IMHO does potentiate all opiates, but in a slightly sedating way.

Good to see you around,

Rtp

Lyrica was the second worst pharmaceutical experience, even taken with hydromorphone! At least I didn't throw up from it, took 1 pill. I'd rather have phenobarbital or oxazepam.

The worst pharmaceutical experience of all time has to go out to Baclofen which like clockwork made me throw up each and every single morning after, even from 1 pill (10mg) and this was experienced by 2 other friends that took it in varying doses. Throwing up was just part of it but I felt like shit for about 1-2hrs in the mornings.

I love baclofen. Never thrown up on it ever. Mixing to much of it with lyrica had me feeling like I was going to pass out tho. Different brain chemistry I guess..:

Did anyone notice that there are more side effects with betapharma Pregabalin than with other brands (I had ratiopharm first and noticed that somehow they worked better for me).

Oh, and again regarding teeth..I got mine checked out at the dentist today. Had 2 cavities, which does not seem much..however ..I have never had any in my life! He asked me, if I bite my teeth a lot because there was some erosion. Also I had a lot of tartar, which he said could maybe be caused by the lyrica. But tartar is not as big a problem. I have changed the dentist since the last time I wrote here, but I am still insecure about this. Nobody seems to know anything, except from a few horror stories that someone here posted as a link a short time ago.

I founds few disturbing things about lyrica/pregabalin and teeth issues

http://www.medschat.com/Discuss/Lyrica-Side-Effects-results-in-loss-of-13-teeth-198991.htm

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/archive/index.php/t-116624.html

Pregabalin seems to possibly cause tooth decay. This of course has not been proven scientifically or medically. These are just other people's experiences that I came across online. Since my teeth have been bothering me since on lyrica as well

Glad to be back RTP. Just had a spinal epidural done with a steroid. Big fun. I have three bulging disks in lower back. It explains lower back, hip, and both legs pain. Going to physicial therapy. That helps a lot. I want to stretch my Percocet out, that's why I was interested in Lyrica. Hope you are well. Everyone have a wonderful day.

I have a tolerance, yet 600mg is a magic number. Sometimes, I think we expect Lyrica/pregabalin to kick in faster than it does. I've dosed 1gram and felt like I was on K and I have dosed 1500mg + and nothing. I think we need to give it a little more time to kick in. Different subject, are we supposed to stagger Lyrica or can it be dosed in one go? I'm used to staggering, espically for benzodiazepine potentiation. Comments, suggestions?

I know there's been much conversation on Gabapentin not so much lyrica though. I stagger it to avoid blackouts. I am kinda sensitive to it, depending on how often I'm taking it.

Usually I'd give it an hr & a 1/2 then redose in such a pattern through the day.

Rtp

I'll try that RTP. I'm just trying to get the most out of it. No sense wasting any. I do know that it potentiates benzodiazepines. Lately not so much. I think I'm going to stagger and try it out. I ate 900mg in one go before and it did nothing much. I felt it, but not strong.

Sk do you take it daily?

I know for pain it's meant to be taken twice a day, but I find it works prn.

Tolerance is an issue, but if u can take a break all the more better for u!

Rtp

Does anyone get anxiety and withdrawals off it?
I tapered down from 600mg to 294mg and I am tearful and have IBS
thanks

I take 1.5g every 3 days and experiance no withdrawl and have a full day of pleasure. I guess my sober is abnormal (I have anxiety, muslce tenison/spasms, racing thoughts about anything that comes to my mind). Mabe all those symptoms hide the possible withdrawl. Lyrica is fun and I hope to find another drug like this one to cycle it with. Then I would have 2 days of pleasure and 1 day of hell every 3 days. It would be better than now.

^That is similar to how I take it, unless my leg pains are playing up.

Every few days when I don't need to be anywhere important or drive I take my lyrica. Starting early then adding every 90mins or so.

I find I actually get more done around the house & hv more motivation.

Rtp

It's all how fast you process and withdrawal from it. I noticed interdose anxiety also, but not much if regular.

Just thought about that, I read that Lyrica can reduce libido and cause erectile dysfunction but I get the exact OPPOSITE. I get super high libido and no problem with the machinery. Am I the only one having the opposite side effect that they predicted? It is kind of wierd, every time I take that med I think 2 to 3 times more about sex ! Not really distasteful but still uncommon !

I love lyrica. I DONT love how I power through my script.

I generally dose 5 225mg capsules day one.... 7-8 of them day two.... then wait 2 days... a week if I can manage.

But generally they're gone mid month. I like the way they make my body feel electric. And my mind gets a bit loopy. Im more sociable and at ease in groups. Balance slightly off.

Its way more effective for me than gabapentin.

Edit: I can't believe I didnt mention that I puked off my lyrica a cpl days ago. That's never happened to me before. Off like btwn 6-8of my 225mg capsules. I dont remember at which point in my dosing that happened. I kept getting that feeling in my stomach like the one you get on a rollercoaster as it plummets. Too much on not the right foods i guess, and lets just say I wouldnt have eaten the way I did had I known I would puke.

(Was also very stoned)

Last edited:
:DSigned up to Bluelight to let you wonderful people know I just dropped my first dose of 600mg Lyrica. I'll update you in the morning to let you know how it goes.

EDIT
I downed 800mg in the end and had a bit of euphoria. Nothing too special for me though. Dizzy as hell and couldn't walk properly, but that was expected. Ended up falling asleep after 4 hours, woke up with the euphoria still going and still dizzy as hell! 6/10 for me. I wouldn't go out of my way to get hold of them, but that's just me

Last edited:
I founds few disturbing things about lyrica/pregabalin and teeth issues

http://www.medschat.com/Discuss/Lyrica-Side-Effects-results-in-loss-of-13-teeth-198991.htm

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/archive/index.php/t-116624.html

Pregabalin seems to possibly cause tooth decay. This of course has not been proven scientifically or medically. These are just other people's experiences that I came across online. Since my teeth have been bothering me since on lyrica as well

ok this explains why my teeth started discoloring out of NOWHERE, from 3600mg/day gabapentin/neurontin.

blegh, i hate meds but can't seem to find any other fix.

sober for nearly 4 months today.

So, I've been Lyrica free for two weeks and really noticed an improvement. Tooth sensitivity was gone by day 5. Teeth seemed stronger and better looking alltogether. Tried a paste with recaldent (google it...useful stuff in my opinion). Then after the two weeks I thought "ok, let's give it another shot". I' m not sure why, but euphoria was almost non-existent and I got tired after 6 hours (before I was productive all day and tired after 10+ hours). The next day i felt like shit..depression, crying over nothing, nausea, headache. And of course my teeth hurt again. So I'm thinking that slowly but surely the negative side effects outhweigh the positive gains I had in the beginning. My next break will last at least 3 weeks and then really only in emergency cases. However, in these cases I'm thinking I'd now maybe rather take benzos. I mean if I cannot take the Lyrica even every two weeks now...where's the point? Benzos seem safer (if taken this rarely) and for me they are not euphoric enough to get addicted. Even with the Lyrica I was extremely careful and 3 times a week was the maximum I would take (as also adviced by my psychiatrist). Take care guys and watch out for your teeth and general health of course;)