• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I wish I could get my hands on some of this BS so I could see if its worth me STILL pushing my Dr. to change my script from GABA to Lyrica, lol. yes, I've been asking too much and its starting to be noticeable the junkie in me is coming out. I am also starting to use dope more and more often again, so the Lyrica at this point would be pointless. I need to smarten up w/ life and get back on the "right" track.

Is Pregabalin harder to withdraw from than benzos? Reason I ask, my Dr has prescribed me Pregabalin and stopped my Klonopin scripts as he said I wont need Klonopin now that he has prescribed my Pregabalin?

For the first 28 years of my life I had amazing teeth. No cavities. And immaculate oral hygine routine that I follow to this day. Age 28, I am prescribed lyrica and aged 29, I get one cavity and my first filling. Now I'm going back for my second. I don't suffer from dry mouth. I don't have a diet high in sugar; I even limit fruit.

I swear it's the lyrica that's been the cause of my dental downfall.

EP158207: I believe you. I Have a similar issue as mentioned above. Only I still don't seem to have a "real" cavity according to dentist. However, my enamel looks not so great..I used to have very healthy looking almost white teeth. Now they are slightly yellow and thin. Well, I got my last prescription today and think I will finish using them until July. My doctor finally gave me 4 Tavor, as I have very bad anxiety due to a stressfull next week and traveling by plane..Have to see how they work but I won't get them regularly.

Ruined- I disagree too. Now not only do my teeth had weird tingling, my roof of my mouth kinda has a burning sensation. I can't describe it. It's weird. Going to stop the lyrica for a little bit

Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Kratom Synergyy Combo

Hi, I'm a regular here on BL
3.gif
, but new to this forum. This is night three of being awake on a simple combo of high dose Lyrica and Kratom. Has anybpdy on here have experience in th, this is only my second time here on this forum. Does anyone here have experience with high dose Lyrica (150-300mg per hour) and high dose Kratom (4-5 gm per hour)? I have beem awake 3 nights straight on this, with no dysphoria. I want surf the net, visit bluelight
3.gif
, but new to this forum. This is night three of being awake on a simple combo of high dose Lyrica and Kratom. Has anybpdy on here have experience in th and clean house. Anyone here able to discuss this subject? Thanks in advance. And please don't ignore me, if you have issues or concerns with it, please say so. Thanks on advance
. :D :?

Was prescribed Lyrica 200mg 3x a day for foot neuropathy pain. Worked great for pain relief but had terrible side effects at that high of dose. Weight gain, shortness of breath, constant fatigue. Made the huge mistake of stopping cold turkey after a month. Terrible withdrawal lasted like 3 weeks. Resumed taking it at 200mg 1x a day and still worked great on the pain at that lower dosage. I have now found to avoid building tolerance, which does happen quickly, that I can take it every other day and still works great. Also as many have stated it works great on anxiety as well as neuropathic pain.
My only concern is with effects of long term use. There are no study's done yet as far as i know.

Lyrica was the second worst pharmaceutical experience, even taken with hydromorphone! At least I didn't throw up from it, took 1 pill. I'd rather have phenobarbital or oxazepam.

The worst pharmaceutical experience of all time has to go out to Baclofen which like clockwork made me throw up each and every single morning after, even from 1 pill (10mg) and this was experienced by 2 other friends that took it in varying doses. Throwing up was just part of it but I felt like shit for about 1-2hrs in the mornings.

I've been meaning to ask if anyone else has shortness of breath...just hadn't bothered & I hadn't seen anything prior posted before @wizeguy.

Good to know I'm not the only one with air hunger on lyrica,

Rtp

This may be a wierd question but am I the only one having increased visual hallucination while taking Lyrica and having a HPPD?
Also yesterday I took 2.150g of lyrica and had those fractions of seconds where I had a complete picture taking over my vision and a complete sensorial blackout beside that image. Only lasted fraction of second and I did not felt anything like it or even any side effect at all when I took 1.650g a week or so ago. I don't think I will get that High of a dose again because of this effect well at least not without the confirmed certitude that the effect is NOT due to lyrica. Am I the only one who has experianced this at HIGH doses?

^You'll certainly black out at some point on those doses. Why so high? Obv it's not scripted.

Rtp

Actually is I just developped quite a tolerance, that plus the fact that the first time I took it I took 600mg one shot and barely felt comfortable. Ihave a script. I only use my doses 1/5 days which makes accumulation of 450mg/day * 5 days = 2150mg/5days
Never really blacked out in fact I had more energy than usual, the only thing I was talking about felt more like a BP dropout that blinds you to every senses.

I agree that the dose was too high but taking in count how I react to the drug normally and the low tolerance installed Mabe not by that much.

^^^sorry, but that's a fucking waste. We all took higher then prescribed doses, but your doses are like worthless. Spend a month or two and lower that stuff to a normal level, You can feel massive pain relief at 600mg. It's all in your head. I was blacking out and falling acsleep at s saggeref 600mg.. IMO, there really is no reason to go over a gram or 1200 mg at most. IMO, if you take your time and stagger your doses from the lowest amount to say 200mg - 300mg at most every 45min to an hour, straight up, you will fell great. I'm different then every one else, but we tend to agree on this dosing method. Bottom line, your dose is too much pieroid.

Hi everyone. I'm on Pregabalin for nerve damage/pain and it is the only effective drug I've tried. A tolerance does build up quickly so I need to have a few days off it when I can. i can't say i get much of a buzz or high off it, even at 700mg or higher. If anything it feels a bit unpleasant, aside from the fact the pain is gone. Affects everyone differently, clearly.

Speed King,
First, not a waste, since I felt something while I cant at lower dose even the FIRST TIME i touched Lyrica. Then, how can a 2-3 month use 1/5 days require a 2 month pause to lower tolerance while it takes mostly 5-7 days (mabe more but not alot) for MOST people (reports I have read on BL and other drugs forum)?

Mabe you can feel massive pain relief at 600mg, but I do not and that even the FIRST TIME. Mabe you were blacking out at 600 but I feel more energized even at doses up to 1.5g.

And the slow dose increase of one dose every 45min is to combat bioavability problem linked to GABAPENTIN not PREGABALIN, in fact pregabalin was created to do skip that exact problem.

Mabe you are different than everyone else but I think we all are and I also think that one of the things that makes me different is the amount of general sedatives I can take without feeling the effect of a normal dose of the drug even when its the FIRST time I try this specific drug.

Bottomline I wasnt really posting to get opinions of people on my personnal drug use but rather on the visual enhancing effect of Lyrica to HPPD but I think that kinda went under. I think it is most attracting to general people to criticize others than to answer direct questions and you provided me with a proof of that, well at least that you think like that.

Dr has given me Pregabalin to help come off Clonazepam......Only taking 1x50mg Pregab' a day for the past few days....Dont like the feeling, make me feel spaced out, heavy headed, strange feeling.....Is this normal and do these effects ease?

Marcid, first, I apologize if I came across all judgemental. That wasn't my goal. I merely shared my view. I have been on Lyrica for years at various doses and recently been bumped up to a daily total of 450mg /day. That gives me room to experament. I have found that for me 600mg is the sweet spot. I have dosed up to 2g and got no special effect. Now 1g gave me a ketamine effect, but for pratical pirpossss 600mg is it.
Again, I have to research your condition. We are all different. So, no hard feelings. Speed King

Hey SK hows things? R u high atm? Lol ur spelling ;)

Mightyoak, yes, they're the usual effects when starting lyrica, hence some ppl feel they can't tolerate it & cease usage.

Give it some time and tolerance will kick in as your body adjusts you'll barely notice any difference.

If it is interfering with your work, ability to drive etc try taking it late in the day or even at bedtime.

Although I take it for Nerve pain, it's also a good anxiolytic for me in higher doses & improves my mood too.

What type of clonaze dose were you taking?

Rtp