• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

so has there been any deaths from lyrica OD? I am just curious how much of this stuff I can really take. I am prescribed 9 grams a month,and have taken over a gram. How much until its dangerous? I love Lyrica. For whatever reason, my insurance denied me pregabalin so I get the real Lyrica, the ones made by Pfizer and they are AWESOME. My parents don't like me taking it though, not at all. It fucks me up. I enjoy combining it with psychedelics

yeah there are. there have been for years. pfizer no longer has the patency on lyrica.

epigab-300.png

i use this product. excellent and very well priced.

According to Wiki generics became available in Canada in 2013, will become available in the EU in 2016, and in the US in 2018. So 4 more years for me and Pfizer. I took 450mgs with my initial dose of the day at 5pm today. Getting ready to take my last dose of meds and may go with 600mgs. The other meds will be baclofen, tramadol, oxycodone, and morphine so my typing may get a bit fucked in a bit.....?.but who really gives a shit! Haha.

Lyrica. ......good shit??

But is anyone sure of the toxicity? I have taken large amounts, (1.5 grams being the highest counted), and weigh 135 lbs. I particularly like to combine it with psychedelics for it's potency and long duration, but the fact that I haven't been able to find a toxicity rate (sic) annoys me. Trust me, I have no desire to OD on Lyrica. This is BL, harm reduction comes first. That's the reason I'm so eager to find out. I don't want to guinea pig myself into a grave just because I like to get high. I'm pretty sure everyone likes to get high, I mean shit, even growing up as a very spiritual teenager (not anymore) we would get "spiritual highs" from mission trips and whatnot.

There are generica available in THe middle east i got some from Iran from a Friend they Cost like 2€ for 20 150 caps its Amazing.
Without prescription .
My Highest dose was 1,2 g was high all Day u Need to be careful what u say i Said some stupid thigns at work while high u just say what u think

- does anyone know how pregabalin affects kidney function? I know it can potentially cause renal failure but thats listed as a possible rare side effect, and says nothing about long term use.

- there are generics since 2013, thats when Pfzier first lost its patent. Will be overall complete by 2016/18.

- if I do anything over 400mg I feel nausea and fall asleep. So 250-300 is my sweet spot.

- I dont know about the toxicity of pregabalin; but gabapentin was something ridiculous like 24g

I need some help. I'm off Heroin 4.5 days, used a little methadone and now Lyrica (initiated coming off methadone… Couple days now). I sometimes use Neurotin in the morning. I'm concerned about quitting Neurontin and Lyrica now, mostly Lyrica as I can tell it is effecting me a lot and for a longer duration. I'm surprised how well it is helping with withdrawals that I am actually a little concerned. My eyes are watering out and nose running, and some other sx but the Lyrica is helping me mentally. I almost feel high and am only on 100 x2 a day.

Last time off Heroin, I thought I was going to kill myself. This time I tapered Heroin though a little so maybe my withdrawals are not as bad. Anyway, I'm concerned about stopping Lyrica now. Will it have significant withdrawals ? Anyone had to quit this drug?

I know this is an old thread but do need some answers. I'll navigate around as well, see if I can find some…

Thanks! :)

I used Lyrica when I was withdrawing from opiates once (grantedm it was kratom but I was dosing it 5 times a day at 10 grams and had been doing so for a number of years straight, and I get really intense withdrawals from kratom at that level, in some ways worse than poppy tea, namely because it makes me much more restless). I found that it would mask nearly 100% of the withdrawals, not only would I not feel bad, I would actually feel pretty amazing, with just a bit of energy remaining from the withdrawal).

Lyrica causes withdrawals but I believe it takes some time to develop that. If you use it just for the acute withdrawals and then stop, I think you should be fine.

Hi Xorkoth,

Wow! That's a high does. In grams?

I have yet to experience Kratom, also, but I've heard it can have withdrawal symptoms… and yes, I feel Lyrica is masking the symptoms, maybe.
I also realized since I've been hallucinating from withdrawals … maybe it just seems like I'm high being I'm taking the Lyrica. Although maybe not.
I have not had much time off and am exhausted, but I do need to stop it probably. Today is day 5 so probably tonight or tomorrow. My system is so sensitive and I can get addicted to valium in 3 days, but can take that at least for 1 day.

Hopefully I'll be okay. Thank you! It just seems so strong in comparison to Gabapentin.

I used Lyrica when I was withdrawing from opiates once (grantedm it was kratom but I was dosing it 5 times a day at 10 grams and had been doing so for a number of years straight, and I get really intense withdrawals from kratom at that level, in some ways worse than poppy tea, namely because it makes me much more restless). I found that it would mask nearly 100% of the withdrawals, not only would I not feel bad, I would actually feel pretty amazing, with just a bit of energy remaining from the withdrawal).

Lyrica causes withdrawals but I believe it takes some time to develop that. If you use it just for the acute withdrawals and then stop, I think you should be fine.

It's one of those drugs that you have no idea what to expect when it comes to withdrawal, some feel little to nothing while others get hit hard.

I have never been able to feel any effects from kratom, unfortunately. Maybe I'm not getting the right kind, who knows?

I just love lyrica. 150 twice a day? Nah, that's like 9 grams a month, so that gives me one day out of the week (I like to do it that way for tolerance) to take 2 grams, not to mention with an extra 500 left over to add to a particularly nice day. My parents don't like me on it at all, they think it's me using heroin, which it's not. It makes me talk very oddly too. No other side effects, though

I have been on Lyrica now for just a bit and my dose this week was raised to 200MG X 3 while I was hospitalized and I had been on that dose for three days and I came home yesterday. I picked up my lyrica from the pharmacy and when I came home I immediately took 500MG looking for the effects I had previously taking a few of the 150MG tabs. I immediately became sedated and had to lay down. This has never happened before. I was told this morning they attempted to wake my up twice for dinner and I did not respond.

Then something happened to me in the middle of the night which was quite scary. I woke up about 2AM or so and went out to the kitchen to grab a coke. With every other step of my feet, I lost control of my arms for a second from the shoulders down. Like my arms just went limp for a second. I spilled the soda because of this and made my way to the living room where I sat down for a second. It did not happen while I was sitting. Only when I got up, and took steps, I would lose this control of the use of my arms for a second. I cleaned up the soda and I filled the glass and tucked it way under my arm and could barely hold it step by step but I made it to my room where i crashed back down and slept for 5 more hours and now I am fine after being up for a few hours.

I have taken 300 of lyrica today so far and I seem fine. I know lyrica is a nerve drug but I want to know if anyone else who has used lyrica recreationally has had this problem at some time. I have spoken with someone who has had this problem but they have told me with loss of use of their arms they had they same loss of use of their legs at the same time...But I did not have that.

Wow...That was scary for a bit there...Things seems to be fine now...

Thanks for reading...

My only experience so far with pregabalin was the other week. I took 300mg on top of my daily 35ml methadone. After an hour or so i became very drowsy and i just could not keep my eyes open. Luckily i was just sat at home with a friend watching tv. He told me that i'd be fast asleep and then every hour or so i'd open my eyes for a few minutes and then i'd be straight back out of it.
It kinda felt like i was gouching out on heroin with the nodding off and brief moments of being awake and then back out again. When i stood up to go to the bathroom i was stumbling all over the place. The following day i still felt very spaced out and a bit stumbly also until around midday when i was back to normal. Was a pleasant experience overall

When I mixed Lyrica with Heroin, when I was tapering down… I absolutely had to lie down for a couple hours… I took it for withdrawal also, but only a little bit ... and was ok.

When I used to take Gapapentin I couldn't move when I first took it… I was scared, I took too much … I couldn't drive, had to pull over and sleep in the back of my car for 2 hours. The previous day I went to the movies and fell asleep in the theater… They hit me differently. Gabapentin is more immediate, Lyrica subtly creeps up on me.

I gave Pregabalin(Lyrica) another go during the week. This time i took it in the day time as opposed to the eveningtime which is when i took it last time. I had taken my daily dose of 35ml methadone and 10mg diazepam and had 300mg Pregabalin on top.
Last time i used it it was in the evening and i was pretty tired and the pregabs put me to sleep pretty much. This time it was just after lunch and it took about an hour before i started to feel the Pregab. I felt light headed, spaced out feeling and it put me into a really good mood. I just felt happy without any worries and talkative. When i stood up to walk i felt like i was drunk and was stumbling about again. It was kinda like when you have a few drinks of alcohol and you aren't drunk just tipsy but this felt more clear headed tipsy than alcohol does. It was great.
I've only got 2 x 150mg capsules left now and no chance of getting anymore but i have enjoyed the few that i had and it was a new drug experience i hadn't had before.

These can be psychologically addictive. At least there are for me. ALthough I can go for days and weeks without taking any, I always find I enjoy life much more when taking them. So after a while life becomes really dull when not taking them

I'm having some problems due to Lyrica. I took it for withdrawal from opiates, stopped it days ago… and last night experienced what I believe some significant withdrawal effects… Almost 2.5 weeks off Heroin so I don't think it's rebound from that as the effects were itching on my skin and some blood when I scratched where I itched, insomnia and intense sweating chills, and intense pain in my joints. I may be hyperthyroid again, but I don't believe that's the case… I took double my Seroquel dose and still couldn't sleep barely.

I know it effects everyone differently but I would be careful with this drug. I am going to switch over to Neurontin as I am familiar with it (at night for a few days). I was able to get off of it last time fairly easily.

I got a ton of this shit and gabapetine (almost same shit) in my closet, it does nothing for me at any dose either drug, snorting gabapentine is not a bad high to me that's all these are good for. They are for nerve pain and eplilepsy.