• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Recommending a person start at 300mg is not a good idea. Lyrica is a weird drug. When I was first prescribed it, 1 75mg capsule would do me good. Taking 900-1200mg of Lyrica in a day is insane and is just asking for problems. Please remember, this is harm reduction. Not "lets get high" forum. 8)

This is very true. For those of you wanting to take Lyrica for opiate w/d, it will help you. But DO NOT take 300mg as a starting dose, this is a VERY BAD idea. Start w/ 50mg or 75mg and take that same dose 3 times per day. Then work your way up. I once took 300mg of Lyrica and felt very unstable, a very bad idea. I couldn't speak properly and started shaking.

^great advice. i've seen people get really fucked up from overdoing their first dose. plus it jacks up your tolerance unnecessarily which is the last thing anyone wants on pregabalin.

Chrranke said:
How long after the withdrawal can i use again and just take it once in a while without going into withdrawal again

difficult to say really. i've done away with it for 4 months. used it for 2 days and felt like shit again when i stopped which triggered my dependency on it again. that's usually how i end up back on it. i wait for extended periods of time thinking there's no way that withdrawals can come back but they always find a way to creep up up on me.

I am prescribed 150mg x2 a day. So I get 60 of em to blow through when I get them. They dont help me much for pain, and the stuff causes weight gain, so I kinda just prefer to keep it as a recreational thing. Haven't really experienced wd yet from it, doing this ~5-6 months now. I just have other tools to help keep me stable without the lyrica.

I am curious about alternative ROAs for this stuff. I've read of nasal, rectal and IV... but what about vape/smoke?

Professor, your post made me wonder how many people, taking lyrica, actually get pain relief? I'm on the pain relief side. I have neuropathy in both legs and lyrica definitely relieves the "pins and needles" and the "burning" that I feel. I take 150 mg's three times a day. I did try three at one time about 2 weeks ago. I thought to try a different roa. It was still oral but I opened the capsules, dumped the powder into a folded sheet of stiff paper, poured it in the back of my mouth, washed it down with some water, and promptly fell asleep. Not going to try that again, at least not 3 caps at once!

With an over a 90% BA its simply wasteful to take it any other way. a good think about lyrica is the way that it makes you come up, it doesn't just hit you suddenly and you are high, its a gradual process and thats part of the fun.

I also took it for pain, and it did help but I was too scared to take it every day for feaer of addiction that I just used it recreationally.

Hi guys! I've never posted in this thread, but let me say, I LOVE Lyrica. Through some quirk (I have medicaid), I ended up getting brand name Lyrica from Pfizer, and it doesn't help my pain whatsoever. I'm prescribed 100 mg 2x a day, so I have 6g to burn through monthly. Like I said, it doesn't help my pain, so every week or so (generally), I'll just take 1.5 g of Lyrica and be high as gas all fucking day, come home around 3 (I wake up at like 5), crash suuuuuper hard (people cant wake me up), grab my dinner out of the microwave, and sleep very well that night. Am I the only one who takes amounts like that? I also do it orally, oes. Can you OD from Lyrica?

I'll add that almost every time I drop acid, I eat about a gram of lyrica at the same time, since it takes a little bit to hit you. The next twelve hours, not only am I seeing colors, but I'm floating on a cloud, baby %)

Do any of you guys have experience with redosing during recreational use?

Took 300mg about 2.5 hrs ago and not feeling much. It was on a full stomach though. I've felt great from it before but not sure if it's kicked in or still waiting for it.

Would it be a waste to go for a redose?

For me it takes a while for withdrawal to come on (more than one missed dose). I don't use it recreationally as I'm supposed to take it everyday so it just makes me dizzy at high doses, without tolerance tolerance 300mg should be ok, I would go up to 450mg maximum (don't take 600mg without tolerance you'll be so out of it and unable to think). Mind you it's only an anticonvulsant FFS (recreationally it feels cross between a weak opioid and that dissociative dumbing effect), goes best with some alcohol.

For me it takes a while for withdrawal to come on (more than one missed dose). I don't use it recreationally as I'm supposed to take it everyday so it just makes me dizzy at high doses, without tolerance tolerance 300mg should be ok, I would go up to 450mg maximum (don't take 600mg without tolerance you'll be so out of it and unable to think). Mind you it's only an anticonvulsant FFS (recreationally it feels cross between a weak opioid and that dissociative dumbing effect), goes best with some alcohol.

I am also prescribed Lyrica( I believe im taking 100mgs 3x a day, although I could be slightly off on those numbers). I agree with your post with one exception. I don't believe that recommending alcohol to enhance the effects of Lyrica is a very good idea. Of course if he mentioned that he was already planning on doing that then giving advice on how to do that in the safest way possible would be fine(if not highly recommended). But given the dangers/risks involved with mixing alcohol with almost any psychoactive drug(not to mention the dangers of using alcohol by itself), I wouldn't recommend it to anybody in the interest of harm reduction.

I found that the first dose is the one that counts, any kind of redoing will just end up muddying the high and there is little euphoria. IMO a waste.

EDIT: never mix alcohol with lyrica, not only are they both CNS depressants, a few drinks and some lyrica will give you a dirty hangover. Not worth it.

Hmm well I beg to differ, the effects of a couple glasses of wine and pregabalin (when used recreationally about 300mg without tolerance) go together quite well imo, i'm not recommending you get shitfaced or anything of course that would be stupid.

Hmm well I beg to differ, the effects of a couple glasses of wine and pregabalin (when used recreationally about 300mg without tolerance) go together quite well imo, i'm not recommending you get shitfaced or anything of course that would be stupid.

There could be a non-member, pregabalin-naive person reading this and think its okay to do this as a first experience. Some stupid kid who found their mothers pills, wanting to get high etc. 300mg for you or I, (both prescribed to take it daily) is one thing, for someone with zero tolerance this is a powerful drug to mix with alcohol. Do not down play it.

Hi Im a newbie here as far as posting but have come here for years doing "research" - I was given a script for Lyrica about 7 months ago and I thought I hit the anti anxiety drug jackpot only too gain over 25 pounds in 3 months, swell up in my hands and become miserable in how I looked. It was such a bummer as for the first time I felt calm in the mornings and slept well when taken at night, However I have decided it is not worth it and as of yesterday - no more. I have been on some form of prescript-ed anti anxiety benzo since I was 17- ( in my 40s today). Today I still am on klonopin and xanax (for BT) so I was not afraid of Lyrica WD - but one should be if u are NOT taking some type of back up benzo or med too help the wd.The drug workd on the Gabba receptors so be aware. Its such a shame Lyrica causes the weight gain and bloat as it works very well but the side effects and cost are obscene. I know of 5 people in the last month choosing to get off it. I wanted too chime in on what ^muvolution^ said, he is right. More than 300 mgs for a non hard core user is unnecessary..wait to see how it hits you. I gave my ex marine b/f who is 6 foot 3 b/f only 2 100 mgs and could not walk -talk and was breathing so deeply I was sure I had killed him with 2 damn Lyrica's. Its a weird drug- not that much fun but great for anxiety- in Europe they give it rather than xanax. For a minute it was the "hit" new pill- it did not take long it 2 really get under peoples skin for the cost- both physical and $$.~~Peace- rabbithole123

I found that the first dose is the one that counts, any kind of redoing will just end up muddying the high and there is little euphoria. IMO a waste.

EDIT: never mix alcohol with lyrica, not only are they both CNS depressants, a few drinks and some lyrica will give you a dirty hangover. Not worth it.

Ugh, I had no dirty hangover, actually a good time, but I did end up in jail on a drunk in public charge.

I'd usually be panicking in a frantic any other time, but with the duration of lyrica still riding along with the booze,held it together like a boss until I posted out.

This was years ago, wasn't even super duper wasted off the booze, but, Lyrica at the higher doses can make you kinda wobbly and make you look more fucked up then normal.

Hi Im a newbie here as far as posting but have come here for years doing "research" - I was given a script for Lyrica about 7 months ago and I thought I hit the anti anxiety drug jackpot only too gain over 25 pounds in 3 months, swell up in my hands and become miserable in how I looked. It was such a bummer as for the first time I felt calm in the mornings and slept well when taken at night, However I have decided it is not worth it and as of yesterday - no more. I have been on some form of prescript-ed anti anxiety benzo since I was 17- ( in my 40s today). Today I still am on klonopin and xanax (for BT) so I was not afraid of Lyrica WD - but one should be if u are NOT taking some type of back up benzo or med too help the wd.The drug workd on the Gabba receptors so be aware. Its such a shame Lyrica causes the weight gain and bloat as it works very well but the side effects and cost are obscene. I know of 5 people in the last month choosing to get off it. I wanted too chime in on what ^muvolution^ said, he is right. More than 300 mgs for a non hard core user is unnecessary..wait to see how it hits you. I gave my ex marine b/f who is 6 foot 3 b/f only 2 100 mgs and could not walk -talk and was breathing so deeply I was sure I had killed him with 2 damn Lyrica's. Its a weird drug- not that much fun but great for anxiety- in Europe they give it rather than xanax. For a minute it was the "hit" new pill- it did not take long it 2 really get under peoples skin for the cost- both physical and $$.~~Peace- rabbithole123
Yeah, I get the water retention BS too....I don't like that but I have a decent time with it, just not something I'd ever want to take daily and I find best just to take every now and then.

Hi guys! I've never posted in this thread, but let me say, I LOVE Lyrica. Through some quirk (I have medicaid), I ended up getting brand name Lyrica from Pfizer, and it doesn't help my pain whatsoever. I'm prescribed 100 mg 2x a day, so I have 6g to burn through monthly. Like I said, it doesn't help my pain, so every week or so (generally), I'll just take 1.5 g of Lyrica and be high as gas all fucking day, come home around 3 (I wake up at like 5), crash suuuuuper hard (people cant wake me up), grab my dinner out of the microwave, and sleep very well that night. Am I the only one who takes amounts like that? I also do it orally,

I'll add that almost every time I drop acid, I eat about a gram of lyrica at the same time, since it takes a little bit to hit you. The next twelve hours, not only am I seeing colors, but I'm floating on a cloud, baby %)

It wasn't a quirk of luck that you got the brand name Lyrica. Pfizer has the patent so no generics are available and all scripts are filled with brand name Lyrica from Pfizer.

If you guys can't afford lyrica, why don't you just get neurontin and stagger it? I get 4 600mg neurontin a day and as long as you take them with 45 minutes or so between each one you pretty much get the same feeling as lyrica.
I am curious about one thing though. I only have 6 50mg lyrica someone gave me today and a crap load of 600mg neurontin. there is no way 6 lyrics will get me real high because I have a huge tolerance to everything. If I took neurontin with the lyrica, would it pretty much be the same as if I had more lyrica? I'm crashing off of adderall right now and am getting really tired and dyshoric. I need a pick me up and wonder if the neurontin and lyrica will wake me up and give me some euphoria back or make me more tired. I have xanax alcohol klonopin suboxone and baclofen as well. I wonder if any of the things I have can be put together in a proper combo so that I don't fall asleep and continue to feel this shitty. I deff don't want to take anymore adds because the comedienne would be much worse. advice anyone?
thanks

If you guys can't afford lyrica, why don't you just get neurontin and stagger it? I get 4 600mg neurontin a day and as long as you take them with 45 minutes or so between each one you pretty much get the same feeling as lyrica.
I am curious about one thing though. I only have 6 50mg lyrica someone gave me today and a crap load of 600mg neurontin. there is no way 6 lyrics will get me real high because I have a huge tolerance to everything. If I took neurontin with the lyrica, would it pretty much be the same as if I had more lyrica? I'm crashing off of adderall right now and am getting really tired and dyshoric. I need a pick me up and wonder if the neurontin and lyrica will wake me up and give me some euphoria back or make me more tired. I have xanax alcohol klonopin suboxone and baclofen as well. I wonder if any of the things I have can be put together in a proper combo so that I don't fall asleep and continue to feel this shitty. I deff don't want to take anymore adds because the comedienne would be much worse. advice anyone?
thanks

I have a high tolerence to all Gabagenics too.

Personally, I would do 300mg Pregabalin, **** Gabapentin (I'd guess at between 2400-4800mg), 2mg Xanax, 4mg Clonazepam, 70-100mg Baclofen and a cheeky line of Subutex/Suboxone (tolerance dependant). If I was feeling cheeky then some alcohol too :) WARNING: The doses mentioned should not be attempted by any one, they are tailored to my personal tolerance.

I have a high tolerence to all Gabagenics too.

Personally, I would do 300mg Pregabalin, **** Gabapentin (I'd guess at between 2400-4800mg), 2mg Xanax, 4mg Clonazepam, 70-100mg Baclofen and a cheeky line of Subutex/Suboxone (tolerance dependant). If I was feeling cheeky then some alcohol too :) WARNING: The doses mentioned should not be attempted by any one, they are tailored to my personal tolerance.

Thank you for pointing out that the cocktail of drugs you mentioned was "tailored" to your specific tolerance/experience. I think that is extremely important because a "newbie" could come onto BL looking to see how much of these drugs he took from his families medicine cabinet he should take, and see your post and decide to take what you take because he doesn't really know any better. But with your warning, the risk of that happening is lowered. Good job!

I take a low dose myself because I had a physician that was horrible about filling my scripts on time and left me without my meds several times over the last couple of years. I take 50mg twice per day for nerve damage, the Lyrica only had side effects for the first week but after that if you miss a dose, or run out like I did, the results were flu like symptoms for 5 days, just generally lousy feeling, irritable, and tired. These days I have a better Doctor and keep two weeks supply as a backup so I can avoid the withdrawals if something happens and I can't get a refill immediately.