• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I am currently going through lyrica withdrawels (i was on the max dose 600mg T.I.D) I honestly think these withdrawels are more mentally fucked than benzos and heroin (heroin is of course worse physically. and u dont crave it like u crave heroin. Though I was craving pretty hard)

Lyrics is an amazing drug in my opinion and very helpful with the w/D's from opiates/opioids or alcohol.nerontin(gabapentin)is helpful as well but lyrica is much more potent.I was w/d from opiates one day and my mom told me about lyrics and how one of her nursing home clients were asking her for some that day so I asked her for a few with her having knowledge of my w/ds.she gave them to me and I took six of them(450 mugs) and. Felt great 30 minutes later with lots of energy.never really used them enough to get addicted..just every once in a while for emergency use as as last alternative.don't want to replace one addiction with another.I just set up this account and this is my first post so any input(information)would be very helpful.thanks so much.

Im brand new to lyrica and took 150 mg an hour and a half ago because I'm nervous! Just took another 75 since I don't feel anything. Am I wasting my time if I stay at a low dose.?I'm nervous about losing control completely. Im back to recreational fun after a long absence and feel very out of the loop! Anyone think its ok to try 300 for a first time if I'm brand new and don't use other substances anymore? This is also my first thread-please bear with me! Thanks!

I am currently going through lyrica withdrawels (i was on the max dose 600mg T.I.D) I honestly think these withdrawels are more mentally fucked than benzos and heroin (heroin is of course worse physically. and u dont crave it like u crave heroin. Though I was craving pretty hard)

So much sympathy goes out to you. I withdrew from Pregabalin last year and it was just awful. Even if I missed my dose whilst still taking it, I got horrible withdrawal effects within ~4 of a skipped dose. Big hugs :)

Im brand new to lyrica and took 150 mg an hour and a half ago because I'm nervous! Just took another 75 since I don't feel anything. Am I wasting my time if I stay at a low dose.?I'm nervous about losing control completely. Im back to recreational fun after a long absence and feel very out of the loop! Anyone think its ok to try 300 for a first time if I'm brand new and don't use other substances anymore? This is also my first thread-please bear with me! Thanks!

300-450 is generally a good starting dose. It's got a short half-life, so constantly re-dosing wont help much if you leave it a fair while.

Better off to take the dive at 300 and see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much. I have to just suck it up and not be so nervous. Its a sample bottle so nothing to lose! Thanks again Rybee!

I totally didn't dose correctly or I don't metabolize this well. I spaced out 75 MG capsules at 150 first since I'm new, then 2 hrs later another 150. The first 150 on an empty stomach. At this point I'll try 1 more but im hoping it doesn't catch me by surprise at once! Next attempt needs better planning. I think I read too much about it and had too many expectations! Stay safe everyone

Not sure about the pregab. wd's as i have run out early almost EVERY time, 10 days this time, but have not exp any wd's at all, none, nada. I am also on morphine er, oxy, and tramadol so maybe that kept me from feeling anything? Also i have been on pregb since 11/2012.

Although I didn't get the result I expected, I slept beautifully for the first time in a year. I woke up 15 hours after initial dose feeling pretty good. I slept about 10 hours without my usual anxious awakening every few hours. Will have to try again with a larger initial dose.

Last edited:
So much sympathy goes out to you. I withdrew from Pregabalin last year and it was just awful. Even if I missed my dose whilst still taking it, I got horrible withdrawal effects within ~4 of a skipped dose. Big hugs :)
My body must be wired weird because I've been on lyrica for a year and a half ranging from 100-150mg a day for the first year and 100-300mg a day for the last 6 months and I have no problem skipping a day or two. I did have about a week long mild headache about 7 months in to it when there was a mix up between my doc and the pharmacy and I had to drop down to 50mg from 150mg but other than that I didn't have any other issues.

Edit: I DO have some anxiety and depression but I also vape weed daily, take temazepam at night and kratom on average 3-4 times a week.

Last edited:
withdraw from this shit when you ot fibromyalgia is sucide. Can't keep the pain and self hypnosis doesn't help anymore.

Medication for nervepain really should be developped... im desesperate...
My doc is giving me fucking lyrica and that's all he does about my pain. And got some tramadol too but never feel anything from them. FUCK THAT SHIT

What dose of Lyrica do you take. I talked to my doctor and she automatically kicked my pills up. I took a 1g + dose and felt like I was on K. The point is you should be able to get some relief between 300mg and 900 mg.
I also take low dose amitriptyline 50 mg, and it definitely works with the lyrica . With Lyrica, you almost have to pre load with the Lyrica. Take some, wait an hour, take some more. Once you hit the sweet spot, it lasts a long time. There is a chance that the tramadol is inducing some enzyme that burns your Lyrica off quicker.
You said you take tramadol. I have oxy to work with. I'll post my findings later.

Some might say im a dirty b*****d drinking urine after taking pregabalin but if i take say 1000mg and then over the next few hours drink my urine (which has 90% of unchanged pregabalin) i get a buzz that lasts a lot longer.
Ok so drinking urine is horrible it makes you want to barf BUT if you get some STRONG fruit juice or cordial (I used welshes purple grape juice with a little water) then when you pee in the galss of cordial and drink it you honestly cant taste the urine at all!!
Its like theres no pee in it.
Any way just my thoughts on how to drink urine without wanting to puke up ! lol

I think I'm going to watch Water world tonight.
I wonder if you could do a CWE on that shit.

You do realize that urine is your body's way of eliminating things like excess salts and ions, environmental toxins, and cellular waste?

Drinking your own drug filled piss to get a buzz is not a smart thing to do.If you absolutely are going to do it anyway, make sure to consume a good amount of water before hand so it is as dilute as possible...

Hey peeps, had a read of the first few pages of this thread and the last few pages to get a better understanding.

Having a clear out of my bed side table where I keep my meds and just found some Lyrica ~6 months old.

I used to take it for 3 things migrane prophylaxis/general anxiety/sciatic pain but hated the stuff (cognitively constipated, couldn't think or talk properly) so tapered off pretty soon after and moved to Dosulepin is much an old Tricyclic Antidepressant that also 'treats' all 3 of my issues (used to be called Dothiepin, no longer licensed in the US). Thus I only have some 25mg pills that I used for tapering. I have found 32x25mg = 950mg in total. Just checked my repeat prescriptions online and they've been taken off my repeats so there's no chance of getting any more.

I hated them so much, I couldn't bare to think of abusing them since they just made me feel awful. The withdrawal was worse than Fentanyl, and worse than Venlafaxine (Effexor - a selective serotonin norepinephrine re-uptake inhibitor, sounds lame but it was torture, anyone who's experienced it can vouch for how horrible it is, I'd take diazepam withdrawals over both of these any day).

Not too long ago I took I took 24x25mg tabs = 600mg during the evening (7PM) after reading some good stuff about acute term abuse (even though they're considered a low risk abuse drug by big pharma) and felt nada, nothing, zilch. So went to bed ~6 hours later during the night. Woke up fairly early at 7AM busting for a piss and got out of bed and couldn't control my legs/feet at all. Lost all my coordination and had very distorted vision. I no longer drink but felt incredibly drunk, very dozy, an just completely out of it. Weirdly I quite liked it, felt very funny. The onset seemed incredibly slow, as said, I was up for 6 hours after taking them and felt nothing. But boy had they hit me in the morning. Others in this thread have reported the onset within 6 minutes, so I can't work out how it took so long?

What's the best use for taking them? Are they best on their own, best to potentiate other drugs, or to be used in conjunction with a potentiator?

As said, I've got 950mg left so could probably do 2x doses of 425mg, or just 1 dose of 950mg. What's best? Is there much difference?

Due to the sheer quantity of pills, insufflation is out of the question, oral is obvious, again, I think plugging is out of the question, just way too much powder with the 25mg pills. Maybe if I had the 150mg's it'd be more viable?

Usually use opiates (Fentanyl/Morphine/Oxycodone/Tramadol, and if desperate Codeine) and benzos (Have used most of them now, but only have a large quantity of Diazepam on it's way to me, and have 14x1mg Lorazepam tabs left now) Would it be good in combo, with any of these, or better on their own?

Any tips on getting the most out of them would be good. Just kinda put off by the fact that they took so long to kick in last time, so I was probably asleep whilst they were most active.

Rybee x

Last edited:
Lyrica is a lot of fun. Although I had a strange experience once, I've gotten mostly positive results.

the "strange" experience was my fault, taking a 300mg dose after being off of GABAergics for a few years was probably not the best call. even then I just felt really weird, nothing like I was expecting and even a little panic inducing originally. I remember it pretty vividly, I managed to just 'ride it out' so to speak for the rest of the night, not entirely unpleasant but a little off-putting to say the least.

The rest of the time I spent with Lyrica over those next few weeks was great. A drug to try at least once if you have the chance, for sure.

As said, I've got 950mg left so could probably do 2x doses of 425mg, or just 1 dose of 950mg. What's best? Is there much difference?

Due to the sheer quantity of pills, insufflation is out of the question, oral is obvious, again, I think plugging is out of the question, just way too much powder with the 25mg pills. Maybe if I had the 150mg's it'd be more viable?

Usually use opiates (Fentanyl/Morphine/Oxycodone/Tramadol, and if desperate Codeine) and benzos (Have used most of them now, but only have a large quantity of Diazepam on it's way to me, and have 14x1mg Lorazepam tabs left now) Would it be good in combo, with any of these, or better on their own?

Any tips on getting the most out of them would be good. Just kinda put off by the fact that they took so long to kick in last time, so I was probably asleep whilst they were most active.

I would recommend two doses with about two weeks in-between for the best results. Almost 1g of the stuff is too much for someone who is not a habitual user.

The BA of lyrica is roughly 90% orally. There is simply no other way you should take them other than via your mouth.

Lyrica potentiates opiates, and synergises with benzos, therefore if you want to feel high on just lyrica alone, do not take either of them. As to which is best, its really up to you, I am allergic to opiates (or something) so I dont take them, I take etiz sometimes but if taken with Lyrica I just fall asleep for about ten hours.

To get those most out of them take them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and don't eat anythign for an hour. Then after that hour is up have a black coffee....and in two hours you'll feel it.

I would recommend two doses with about two weeks in-between for the best results. Almost 1g of the stuff is too much for someone who is not a habitual user.

The BA of lyrica is roughly 90% orally. There is simply no other way you should take them other than via your mouth.

Lyrica potentiates opiates, and synergises with benzos, therefore if you want to feel high on just lyrica alone, do not take either of them. As to which is best, its really up to you, I am allergic to opiates (or something) so I dont take them, I take etiz sometimes but if taken with Lyrica I just fall asleep for about ten hours.

To get those most out of them take them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and don't eat anythign for an hour. Then after that hour is up have a black coffee....and in two hours you'll feel it.

Yeah I've split the dose. Took 16x25mg tabs (~400mg) an hour ago and am really feeling it.

Slurring like mad, not had any in ages. Just went to the kitchen to get an drink and can't walk straight.

Not taken any in ages, good fun!

Last edited:
God this has really hit me hard.

As said, I didn't enjoy it last time and felt nothing. I've not mixed it with anything as I wanted to see what it's like on its own. I need to get this back on my repeat prescriptions for migraine, instead of dosulepin/dothiepin!

Used to take 400mg daily, (built up over months) but taking 400mg in one go after 6 months of not taking it seems very enjoyable.

Feel a bit drunk, drowsy, uncoordinated, but very content and snuggly in bed. It's a very nice feeling.

This post has taken me 15 minutes to write lol.

Ha ha, glad you liked the high, its very nice, but only occasionally as the tolerance builds really fast if you take it daily.

Listen to some music, Lyrica makes music sound AMAZING.

Be careful with your co-ordination. I have fell in the bath, walked into doors, driven onto the pavement by taking it. I do not recommend you drive on Lyrica. Just putting that out there. What I did was stupid.

How long after stopping Lyrica does the WDs start? I have been curious about this for a while but there isn't much infor about it. Anyone know?