• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I'm back to taking it every few days and as others have said it leaves my system in 24 hours, and when i take it again a day or two later.. boom. 300mg Knocks me for six. I don't even think I could handle more than that in one go. I usually get away with two days of taking 300mg and getting a proper hit before the effects dissipate rapidly thereafter. But i'm happy with this arrangement as I also experienced massive short term memory loss when I was taking it every day. My life is in enough of a mess, I didn't need to be adding to it with unpaid bills and missed appointments!

I've also noted that yes, the weight gain appears to be simple water retention. I can notice my body holding onto the water literally for the duration the drug is in my system. So I will feel bloated/fat while taking it and even be a few extra pounds heavier on the scales, but when i'm off it immediately my weight plummets usually by sweating it out during the night. So its good to know it's not weight that will take weeks to burn off!

And put me in the camp of folk who have used this as a withdrawal/comedown cure with great success. After a random night of cocaine abuse I took a lyrica and only felt the positive effects of Lyrica and no come-down at all when usually coke makes me paranoid as hell and feel generally shitty on the comedown.

Sorry, but I have to ask too about getting off this drug. I started taking it in june (started at 25 mg at night) and increased the dose slowly up to 150+150 which was in august (and my final dose). Now I want to quit taking it because of the cost and I find it a difficult drug to combine with simple drugs as ibuprofen. On saturday I quit 50 mg morning and night, but how many days until I can cut down again and will I get any nasty w/d? The sooner I'm off this the better. Also wondering how much more I can/ should cut down the second time?

Last edited:
am supposed to take 2x300mg of this stuff a day for anxiety, ran out since saturday and felt awful didn't even realize it had such bad withdrawal (though not as bad as benzos). have some more now makes me high as fuck without so much tolerance.

ran out since saturday and felt awful didn't even realize it had such bad withdrawal (

:)

Sorry though.

From my ecperirnce the WD from Lyrica is directly proportionate to how much/long you've been doing.

I was doing 5-10 300 mgs every other day for over year. Like a benzo withdrawal that can completely take you down plus an element of opiate WD for extra measure.

Believe me, it's the worst benzo sicness I've had. I had to co down to the ER cause my lungs weren't working.

But a using this drug with no limits is sheer stupidity. Limit it to 300-600 every 3 days. You can take larger amounts as long as you're not addicted and usually use lower amounts.

This drug is the devil. It gives you this sublime calm and euphoria ar first
but then it turns on you and getting though the 10 days of hypertension and opiate lack is practically torture.

Don't be fooled by those why say it ain't nothing because they've been using only 150-300 a few times a
week. If you want to see. What it can get like, get on a regimen of at least 600 mg a day/ every two days.

Then again if you have liberate access to opiates and benzos it can keep it all away.

It's time that this medication is taken seriously. It did some serious harm to me when I was coming off them. No doctor are going to give you a truckload of education to help you that anyway.

:)

Sorry though.

From my ecperirnce the WD from Lyrica is directly proportionate to how much/long you've been doing.

I was doing 5-10 300 mgs every other day for over year. Like a benzo withdrawal that can completely take you down plus an element of opiate WD for extra measure.

Believe me, it's the worst benzo sicness I've had. I had to co down to the ER cause my lungs weren't working.

But a using this drug with no limits is sheer stupidity. Limit it to 300-600 every 3 days. You can take larger amounts as long as you're not addicted and usually use lower amounts.

This drug is the devil. It gives you this sublime calm and euphoria ar first
but then it turns on you and getting though the 10 days of hypertension and opiate lack is practically torture.

Don't be fooled by those why say it ain't nothing because they've been using only 150-300 a few times a
week. If you want to see. What it can get like, get on a regimen of at least 600 mg a day/ every two days.

Then again if you have liberate access to opiates and benzos it can keep it all away.

It's time that this medication is taken seriously. It did some serious harm to me when I was coming off them. No doctor are going to give you a truckload of education to help you that anyway.
ya swim here been taking 2.8g every other day for like 4 o 5 months. w/d def not even close to heroin still bad tho. but i still havent found the answer im looking for.. if the onset shortrer if you iv lyrica.?

This is a strange comment but don't mind me. I was reading up on pregabalin and learned that 90% of it passes unmetabolised In urine. That's a lot that can be recaptured so long as you don't mind drinking your pee ;) but seriously, drinking your urine is a generally safe practice, just read a bit about it and follow some guidelines. I thought I'd throw that out there for anyone desperate about to go into WD and just took the last of their Lyrica. I know how bad the withdrawal can be!!!

I have a decient tolerance to benzos and z drugs. I also have sciatica, on top of clonazepam and Ambien. Over a five hour period, I took exactly 51, 75 mg capsules ( the next day I counted what was left). That equals 3,825 mg in on night. During the dosing period, I went through the happy/ high, double vision, etc. Near the end, it felt pretty close to Ketamine in my honest opinion. If you pull that shit once, you won't have a major tolerance issue. Possibly a minor one.

I forgot to mention the word Lyrica in the last post. The point is I like to have fun now and then, hence the high dose, but at a 150mg dose daily, the pain is almost completely in check, I can take that dose for a long time and withdrawal with almost zero symptoms. Excellent medication.

This drug, along with gabapetin can have nasty WDs if taken daily. The best thing is to take at least 48 hours off for everyday that you use. For instance, take some, take two days off, dose again, two days off. Occasionally you can do two consecutive days, and use soda and ibuprofen (or any NSAID) for potentiation on the second day. If you keep to this, then you will find that the WDs are very mild and not as horrific as some have reported. This is based on my experience.

I currently take Gabapentin 300 X3 for anxiety. It seems to work quite well. However, I've never tried Lyrica. Is Lyrica something I should ask my doctor about?

Could anybody provide some reasons as to why Lyrica works better? They seem like the same thing to me when I read about them both.

Anyone who takes low-dose gabapentin can take note of this post in some way!

I currently take Gabapentin 300 X3 for anxiety. It seems to work quite well. However, I've never tried Lyrica. Is Lyrica something I should ask my doctor about?

Could anybody provide some reasons as to why Lyrica works better? They seem like the same thing to me when I read about them both.

Gabapentin 900mg./day is a rather weak dose; I'm glad it works well for you! This corresponds to Lyrica 150mg./day or 75mg. X 2.

Yes, I believe pregabalin (Lyrica) [Pfizer] to be a superior compound, but since the low dose of gabapentin is working well for you, I would try to keep your tolerance to gabapentinoids as low as possible so you can receive the maximum possible benefit for the greatest length of time and switching to a stronger compound may interfere with tolerance. If you develop a tolerance to gabapentin, you always have the option to switch to Lyrica. If you switch now, you don't have that option down the road. Also, Lyrica may not be as cost effective.

Gabapentin does have some things to talk to your doctor about: Horizant ER (gabapentin enacarbil which is a transported prodrug of gabapentin with almost twice the oral bioavailability in a pill form that once swallowed undergoes enzymatic conversion to gabapentin, and transport by intestinal solute transporters for an estimated 24-hour dosing period) [XenoPort]; and Gralise (gabapentin in a pill that once swallowed swells in gastric fluid due to polymer technology which provides a 24-hour release) [Depomed]. I first suggest Horizant. Its max dosage is 1,200mg., and the enacarbil form increases gabapentin's bioavailability significantly. If you need up to 1,800mg., consider Gralise; proceed, once you need a dosage above 1,800mg., to talk to your doctor about Lyrica.

Good luck, and I hope you continue to get an anxiolytic response!

Do any of you guys get huge circles under your eyes after taking lyrica at night? I've just been represcribed this and usually take my dose before I go to sleep. I swear, not even exceeding 100mgs, I wake up and it looks like I haven't slept at all, haha. It looks even worse than if I hadn't slept to be honest.

I don't remember this happening last time, and I'm not on any other meds either.

I am on Lyrica for some level of fibromyalgia. I have taken upwards of 2 g's and if I felt like I was on a nice dose of K. I however don't want a crazy tolerance, let alone beating on my internal organs. I have experience with GABAgerics and other downers. Point is 300mg's to 900mg's a day should make any psychonaut happy.

To the last couple of posters, this is not in any particular order, but, I have had darkness under my eyes and sometimes some yellowing around my eyes. Second, I started with the gabapentin thru my psyche doctor, and it was okay, but I had to eat a shit ton to have it work and it mainly fogged me out. It was too blunt. Then I went to a PCP and I was able to give me lyrica for nerve pain, even though it was a better version of gabapentin . The to docs at the same hospital, were unable to understand what the connection was. In my opinion, lyrica is very closely related to gabapentin and it gets to the right receptors in the brain more effecently. Lyrica is very strong. If you understand it and respect it's power, whoever uses it will have absolutely no problem with it. Treat it like a benzo and you can keep the WD's at bay. Sorry for the ramble, I'm on pain meds. I just found out that I have Hogkins Lymphoma malignant, whatever the fuck that is. Peace and Love.

Last edited by a moderator:
300mg a day keeps my nerves on cloud 9. Surprised how well it works even after 9 months. I'm also on about 6mg of suboxone a day so that helps put the rest of me in a good place.
Whenever I add a little MXE into the mix, I may as well be in heaven.

I first tried Lyrica for recreational purposes, after researching experiences on erowid, etc i found that 300-450mg would be a suitable dose for first time user. I would have consumed around 12 beers and insufflated/taken about 5 (150mg) Lyricas that night, didn't give much of an effect that i was expecting, although i don't remember too much.

The next experience was a few weeks later when I parachuted 450mg and insufflated 300mg about half an hour later. I consumed 5mg of oxycondone also further on in the night. I would tend to stumble a little when i walked, although if it came down to it i could normally. I was more chatty than usual to my friend who i was with.

My third and final recreational experience i railed 2 300mg lines simultaneously (600mg). Once again i would tend to stumble and reading things on the computer screen was a little fuzzy.

Through all the experiences my mood was 100% and i had zero anxiety, although I couldn't say i was 'high' off them, at all. I was very comfortable after i had these. music was enjoyable. Falling asleep in a pitch black room was pleasant. I'll also state that I'm a 17 year old male and i have high tolerance to quite a few things. I only plan on using Lyrica's again to help with my social anxiety when it comes to being out with unfamiliar people (300mg doses).

Last edited:
i'm so glad i found this...

i love lyrica. i get it as part of my pain regimen - 40 mg dilaudid daily, 350 mg soma bid, 4-6 mg of alprazolam and a whole lot of psych meds that have nothign to do with this post except focalin 5 mg bid - 60 of the 300s a month. over the course of a year, i've figured out a pill combo platter that i love. i wouldn't recommend it; the dosages are kinda nuts, and i know it's probably deeply in the not too bright category of my personal decisions about my drug use.

i take approx. 3000 mg of lyrica. actually, i just take a handful and eyeball it. i'm guessing. with that, 6 mg of alprazolam -- 3 X 2 mg sticks. 40 mgs of focalin, usually oral. 16 mg of dilaudid iv. 5 or 6 soma.

sounds nuts... actually, seeing it written out, i'm thinking suicidal makes more sense. but the buzz is the only thing i've ever experienced that rivals a perfect intravenous speedball. however - not unlike w/ a speedball - this is the kind of high where some kind of accompanying activity is not only not enhanced by the drugs, just getting out of your chair is generally a bad idea.

make sure you go to the bathroom before this one.

sounds nuts... actually, seeing it written out, i'm thinking suicidal makes more sense. but the buzz is the only thing i've ever experienced that rivals a perfect intravenous speedball. however - not unlike w/ a speedball - this is the kind of high where some kind of accompanying activity is not only not enhanced by the drugs, just getting out of your chair is generally a bad idea.

Yes, all those depressants are a bad idea. Really bad idea. Also, eyeballing lyrica to the point where you take approx 3g of the med is ridiculous.

BEing a harm reduction forum, I dont suggest anyone else follow suit.

Hi all. Been a while since my last post, but just had to post about this med.

I suffered a Spinal Cord Stroke in July2012. This left me with nerve damage in both legs, very top to the soles of my feet. Also tremendous lower back pain. This event left me in a wheelchair for the first 8 months. I have worked myself into a walker since then, and am practicing with a cane for the past 2 weeks! I take a total of 45 mg morphine, 30 mg percocet, 600mg tramadol, 30mg baclofen, and 450mg lyrica. a day, and have been since being released from the hospital/rehab in October 2012.

What I have discovered is that all of these drugs have great synergy with one another. More importantly they are continuing to work for me although I think I need to go up to 60mg morphine since it has begun to lose a little of its effectivness.

The most lyrica I have taken a one time was 900mg. But honestly I would/will not do that much again. For me a 600mg dose is tops and not at one go but rather a 300mg dose followed by 150mg and then another 150mgs a few hours later. This takes away all of my neuropathic pain, puts me in a great, and very satisfying mood while giving me some fantastic sleep. Going to need to mention going up to 600mgs a day I guess!

This is not the case. Like other have said the very simple secret to recreational use is to take a day or two off. After 3 days tolerance seems to be gone completely.

This is spot on. Literally taking a few days off Lyrica (and that includes gabapentin, alcohol, benzos) will help maintain that recreational high, and also not have you go through WD. I, against my own advice and common sense took four days of lyrica and on day five I was quite uncomfortable. So the key is to take days off.