• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous The last days of MXE

IV K and MXE is a completely different experience compared to intranasal. BAM...insta-hole!!

I really want to try DMXE but don't know if I'll IV any. Probably not. I love to IV 4-ACO-DMT too and got a gram awhile back and didn't shoot any.
I've done IM K and it was way stronger than IM, so yeah, I imagine IV MXE is even crazier, especially on the come-up.

DMXE was emotionally flat with a short duration, and overall it sucked imo. But maybe I'm just weird, I thought O-PCE sucked too. I think the best one of the current crop is MXPr, but I think it contributed to giving me gastritis, so I probably wouldn't try it again.

Really I'd like to see the sulfur analog of MXE, as that's the closest you can get, structurally speaking.

What a gem of a chemical. Its strange that i've never had ketamine.

And a few years later when i tried 3meo-pcp it only heightened the desire for that golden elven MXE, it seemed to have that "special something". I wouldn't be surprised if there was a nickname for it like 'Special Sauce' or similar.

Just a couple of memories
- my first dissociative experience of going outside at night to find everything lit up like day, and seeing extreme luminosity seep through the curtains at 2am. Ranting to a friend about how it's preparation for space conditions where time is a joke & light/dark are unhinged from mammalian biology
- the memory i'll always treasure in the afterglow period like the 6th hour. Laying down, tunes i knew well might as well have been piped in from Neptune. The visuals in my mind were so textured, so atmospheric. Every song was like a subtle reflective & very tender "end credits of a meaningful movie". I couldn't believe it. It wasn't even euphoric, it just had such dimension. One subtle art project after another.

Some of these things might be common to other dissociatives idk.

My favorite memory was the sweet flavor it gave my beer after dipping it (I almost always just licked a pinky and dipped into the bag for my dose)

Never IV' ed anything but if I could get my hands on real MXE I would try it

FWIW when I went to rehab in may of 2012 , mainly because of this chemical not one person there had ever head of it

I've done IM K and it was way stronger than IM, so yeah, I imagine IV MXE is even crazier, especially on the come-up.

DMXE was emotionally flat with a short duration, and overall it sucked imo. But maybe I'm just weird, I thought O-PCE sucked too. I think the best one of the current crop is MXPr, but I think it contributed to giving me gastritis, so I probably wouldn't try it again.

Really I'd like to see the sulfur analog of MXE, as that's the closest you can get, structurally speaking.
I never even considered 3-methylthio-2'-oxo-PCE before!!!

I've never seen a methylthio substituted arylcyclohexylamine yet, but why not?

What would you call it? Methioxetamine? MTXE?

I wonder how similar it would be.... We should lobby a lab to produce it.

Hmm. After reading about meta-DOT and ortho-DOT, the TOMs, and the TOETs in the PIHKAL I am not at all convinced that 3-methylthio-2'-oxo-PCE would be a better MXE replacement than DMXE. Shulgin's DESOXY version of mescaline certainly sounds much more promising than meta or ortho-DOT.

I think it's obvious from Shulgin's work that methoxy and methylthio groups may be considered functionally similar, but not functionally equivalent at all. Apparently sulphur could possibly be replaced by selenium as well.

It would be interesting to test it out on an arylcyclohexylamine structure to see how the SAR would be effected.

Last edited:
Ive never done MXE, but was extremely interested in it maybe as early as 2015 and contemplated buying it in 2017. It's kind of a shame I've never dived into this one, as ketamine was a little underwhelming and DXM just reminds me of Ketamine with nausea. If there can be clandestine PCP labs in Los Angeles I would think there should be the same for MXE, if there is an obvious market for it.

I never even considered 3-methylthio-2'-oxo-PCE before!!!

I've never seen a methylthio substituted arylcyclohexylamine yet, but why not?

What would you call it? Methioxetamine? MTXE?

I wonder how similar it would be.... We should lobby a lab to produce it.
Methylthio may have an almost identical structure to methoxy, but the actual size of the sulphur atom is way bigger than that of oxygen. This can be one of the active sites a metabolic enzyme binds to, but when it comes to the conformational change to the active configuration, the commonly encountered oxygen allows it to hapen; the sulphur atom is too big to allow it. Good example is the fact that TMA-2 isn't much of a MAOI. Put any methylthio in place of the methoxy in the 4 position and you get a way more effective MAOI. This is because MAO was evolved to deal with the neurotransmitters dopamine & noradrenaline. One of the places the enzyme binds to the molecule is the 4-hydroxy group. Replace the oxygen with a sulphur atom and the enzyme don't work.

So, in conclusion, replacing the methoxy group of mxe with a methylthio group may be ok, but if the enzyme that deals with mxe has that part of the molecule to bind to (CYP3A4), it could end in tears...

Methoxetamine is a strange beast....I still have quite a bit of pre-ban MXE but the undeniable truth is that it's only a Gem of a chemical in the beginning.
There just reaches a point with tolorance with this one that after you've pushed the bar to a certain point with trying to "Hole" on it...it just looses all of its positive qualities and only the negative ones remain.
I did a lot of MXE and O-PCE this year due to my cat of 18 years passing away and honestly it got to a point with weekly use that it's impossible to hole on regardless of using higher doses or employing oral, nasal or rectal ROA's .
The only effect it gave me besides making me feel dissociated is feeling extremely confused, dysphoric and pretty much struggling to verbally communicate.
Now O-PCE still works every single time....no idea why MXE has lost its magic for myself and so many others but it's just true....and this is why I believe no one will ever synth it ever again.
Most are well passed the honeymoon phase with MXE so you can just imagine going to all the trouble and potential risk of whipping up a huge batch just for everyone to complain that it's not the same as when I first tried it....it's a crap synth or whatever even if it was made perfectly.
MXE is the strangest chemical I've ever experienced.
Some of my most profound holes have been on it and I've always thought of it as in my top 5 favorites....but after so many trials this year....I can't ever see myself taking it ever again.

I had the pleasure of IVing MXE a couple times. Deffo instant hole territory and I loved it a lot. Craaazy visuals for sure. Wild feelings. I vaguely remember getting a taste but couldn't place it now.
I used to IV mxe on a regular for a few years. Also fantastic when combined with dilauded.

It made that unique rush you only get from dilaided last for 10 minutes rather than just 45 seconds.

I've also smoked crack on mxe and it just made the crack hit so much harder.

With mdma and mxe were the top drug experiences in my life.

Why isn't it around? Because legal analogues satisfy the market. The amount of people that actually appreciate the unique magic of mxe are so few that manufacturers aren't aware and simply don't care.

I dunno, almost all of my friends in real life know and love MXE, and almost none of them have even heard of any other analogues. MXE actually broke through the RC scene into the mainstream, in my experience. Maybe manufacturers do not know this. Maybe my "mainstream" isn't really "mainstream".

I used to use MX for a couple of years, a few times a week on average. I had 2 doses left stuck to a bag for a long time, and was afraid to use them since I didn't think I would ever see any more. I took 1 of those doses after years of not touching it, wondering if I was just viewing it through rose-colored glasses. Took 30mg, and had an amazing experience, every bit as good as I remembered. Quit drinking for months after that.

MXE actually broke through the RC scene into the mainstream, in my experience.
I was amazed to find this true in my home city as well. People in the scene who were into Ket knew what I was talking about with MXE and some had even tried it (types who sourced drugs from dealers rather than online) so it really is amazing/annoying that it's just... gone.

A small American vendor told me that they are considering producing a batch of MXE. I explained to them how much interest such a product would create. Hopefully they size the batch accordingly.

I’ve always wanted to try real MXE, so fingers crossed this ends up hitting the market soon. If it does, I’d expect other manufacturers to follow suit and an MXE resurgence to emerge.

A small American vendor told me that they are considering producing a batch of MXE. I explained to them how much interest such a product would create. Hopefully they size the batch accordingly.

I’ve always wanted to try real MXE, so fingers crossed this ends up hitting the market soon. If it does, I’d expect other manufacturers to follow suit and an MXE resurgence to emerge.
Are these to be trusted afaik all synthetic drugs are produced in China.
I found a usa based vendor offering dmxe for sale at a good quantity price yet he put the wrong cas number down...

I do not believe that this is correct. In fact, due to recent bans most RCs are not produced in China. I would assume that the largest production country is actually the Netherlands.
I found a usa based vendor offering dmxe for sale at a good quantity price yet he put the wrong cas number down...
Could be a simple typo.

I do not believe that this is correct. In fact, due to recent bans most RCs are not produced in China. I would assume that the largest production country is actually the Netherlands

Could be a simple typo.
I don't deal with idiots unfortunately. Too many scammers out there.

I

I don't deal with idiots unfortunately. Too many scammers out there.

I
This is way beyond the purview of our forum, but I thought I'd give my thoughts anyway.

This doesn't really seem like a super reasonable excuse to not work with someone. I mean, I would go by what reviews the vendor has in the community over what little typos you find on their pastebin or website or whatever.

This doesn't really seem like a super reasonable excuse to not work with someone. I mean, I would go by what reviews the vendor has in the community over what little typos you find on their pastebin or website or whatever.
The typo from the CAS number comes back as a testosterone supplement.

Reviews have to be double checked, I googled one vendor with positive reviews and came across a reddit thread were people found his facebook page and were ready to lynch him.

Last edited:
If i ever saw legit mxe readily available id happily risk going to prison for robbing a bank to buy it all.
My fav drug ever.
I still often reminisce about the days i could buy it otc in a headshop, especially when the headshop got taken over by some Polish guys and they changed it from 9am-6pm to 24/7. What an era. Buying mxe legally as easy as buying a beer or cigarettes 👌

I had it a few times after the UK ban from the onions, Netherlands and Canada iirc, both the times were white crystal as apposed to the off-white, slightly clumpy powder i was used to, and both times (although definitely still mxe) weren't as good.

I had the first batch/wave way back in the day and made my only purchase of a few grams last almost a decade. One of the few drugs I enjoyed doing and I never went overboard with it. I suppose I learned respect for the drug early on because I was always stoned when on it and it made my weed highs insane.

Anyway, PLUR.