• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The "Kava-Kava" MEGA THREAD!

i get kava kava root powdered for somewhere around <snip> cheap an ounce locally downtown. So if your having moneys issues, then KAVA KAVA might be the thing for you

Last edited by a moderator:
i get kava kava root powdered for somewhere around <snip> cheap an ounce locally downtown. So if your having moneys issues, then KAVA KAVA might be the thing for you

Oh snap, i wish i knew where to buy it locally. Ill check some online prices but the shipping might be what kills me in the end because i have a very good source for kratom, but its kava products are only the more expensive extracts and such, nothing as simple as ground of root; So i would have to pay twice for shipping. I can take a look around local shops but i don't know the area, living at my girlfriends aunts house and only been here for a couple months. Im sure there are plenty of stores in chicago but i don't have any way of getting into the city other than the train, and buying a train ticket defeats the purpose..

I don't see how consuming the whole product could be less effective than an extraction.

I dunno, maybe it's easier to absorb with the water extraction?

I always figured that's the case, otherwise why would ppl bother with the water extraction when they could just put it in pills and swallow it..

I dunno, maybe it's easier to absorb with the water extraction?

I always figured that's the case, otherwise why would ppl bother with the water extraction when they could just put it in pills and swallow it..

Probably the same reason people buy extracts of kratom rather than just consuming powdered leaf when the latter is more cost effective. They don't know any better because naturally when dealing with drugs you have an urge to work with a more "pure" product.

Does anyone have experience with parachuting compared to water extraction? I still have my doubts because almost everyone who takes kava complains about the awful taste which could easily be avoided by parachuting. But doing some searching on google I don't find many websites that advocate parachuting.

Is it possible that the stomach has trouble digesting it if it's not extracted into water? I mean that's the same concept as crushing a pill instead of swallowing it whole so that you can absorb it better, right?

Not really the same thing in my opinion, whats the difference between crushing a pill into powder to absorb it faster and simply grinding kava root into a powder to absorb it faster? Extracting the active product from the kava root is basically the same thing as a cold water extraction of codeine. Except in that case there is a good reason to do that with codeine, but from what i have seen not so much with kava.

Can one build up a tolerance to kava? Assuming you can, an extraction would only make sense for ease of taking large doses.

Does anyone have experience with parachuting compared to water extraction? I still have my doubts because almost everyone who takes kava complains about the awful taste which could easily be avoided by parachuting. But doing some searching on google I don't find many websites that advocate parachuting.

Is it possible that the stomach has trouble digesting it if it's not extracted into water? I mean that's the same concept as crushing a pill instead of swallowing it whole so that you can absorb it better, right?

You would be parachuting a LOT of powder to get a dose. I use 1/3-1/2 a cup of powder. That is a lot to try to swallow down. Also I imagine your stomach might not enjoy breaking it down.
I brew it and put chocolate syrup in it. I used to not enjoy it and had to gulp it down and chase it, but now I get that sharp taste and numb tongue, and I enjoy knowing that a good experience is about to ensue.

How many grams is half a cup of kava? Everything I've read says kava is taken somewhere between .2g and 10g..

How many grams is half a cup of kava? Everything I've read says kava is taken somewhere between .2g and 10g..

That's a very broad range, and unlike other "drugs" kava doesn't need to be as carefully measured because it isn't overly dangerous. Brew up some tea and experiment with different doses to see what gives you a desired effect.

Sorry though, if you still wanted a more specific answer.

I just tried some kava and so far it feels like vicodin when I take enough.. so its nice.

Does it really not build tolerance though? It sounds like bullshit marketing to me that kava doesn't build tolerance but actually continuously gets stronger the more you use it.

I took a drug test last week on the 7th n I had some kava in a drink called a komodo that has a herb called komodo in it n they tell me yesterday that I faled the drug test for alcohol the results on this test depend on me having a place to live in my halfway house so they said they r going to check the levels im assuming they r gonna gs cm it so I wanna kni if this kava will come up or am I worrying for nothing.. But I did not drink so y would this come up please help!!!

As was mentioned in your thread, drug testing questions aren't allowed here.

Kava isn't metabolized into alcohol or similar compounds.

theres a lot of kava out all over the place now.
just a heads up to folks out there, pay the extra $ to get the "glass" bottle kava.

ive noticed that the plastic bottles of kava dont really do shit, and the only way to feel anything is to open every capsule, and make the tea.(which i'm sure will be some stout shit).

i'm taking the capsules with what looks like hash oil inside it, when i open the capsule it smells like straight kava, and earth.
i take 2 each afternoon and it's compared to drinking a few beers.
( i live in a place that drug tests out of the ass... so..)

There reallly isn't a ceiling effect, but if you take to much it can cause damage! just watch out.

anyone else get bad side effects like hang overish feeling? maybe i have too much but if i dont have lots I dont get a buzz, its a slighty dirty drug to me but that maybe the amount i have when i have it.

anyone else get bad side effects like hang overish feeling? maybe i have too much but if i dont have lots I dont get a buzz, its a slighty dirty drug to me but that maybe the amount i have when i have it.

hey man, i've noticed this to, but its after i take largee amounts. you say you need lots? you arn't getting the good shit.
plus taking kava to often can cause weird side effects. most common one i get is a feeling of being pressurized. like i was being squished?
eh i was taking it everyday for 90 days. i dont recommend being on it for more than 30 days.

got drunk and had 1/3 of a liquid extract bottle (10ml with 65mg kavacones per ml) - beautiful, the extract i took has NOTHING on the shitty caps i bought, i should not be this toasted... but i am :)

I took some low alcohol content Kava Kava Root Extract, more then I normally take just to level out my anxiety attacks. But this time I got really sick to my stomach, my heart was pounding in my ears, anxiety hit me 10 times worse then when I didn't have any. My body went from cold to burning hot and my hands were cold and sweating. I could barely stand let alone sit up without falling on the computer table. And I was breathing hard trying to slow the spinning in my head. I honestly wish I never took that much. I can't sleep anymore... I've never been one for the hangover clouded feeling in my head. It drives me crazy, is there ANYWAY I can get rid of that feeling. Thankfully the rest has gotten better I just can't do this Vicodin clouded head feeling. I'm despite for some advice or ideas to make my head more clear. Please help. :[

To be safe, buy your kava from a reputable grower, don't just buy some bottle off of the shelf at a health food store.

Hi - I've done a little research online and it appears as though Kava is injectable, but the exact preparation and experiences are lacking. Just wondering if anyone on this board has done this or has any advise on where I should look to get further information. I understand the risks of IV'ing drugs, and I don't need any lecture about why it is wrong - unless it pertains specifically to Kava and something that may be potentially dangerous, above and beyond the typical dangers of IV injection as a practice.

Thanks! Hopefully someone on this board will be able to help me with this! I love to find out as much as possible about the how's and why's of the drugs that I am choosing to inject along with preparation guidelines and experiences, but if it comes down to it, I have no problem being a guinea pig (to a degree ;).