• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

? The Hella Big HELLO! - Introduce Yourself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post and backstory to what brought me here:

New here. First post. Been lurking for a while after researching pain meds after developing a persistent pain in my jaw that I feared was cancer due to tobacco use, but turns out it's a rare disease that effects only a small fraction of the population called Eagle Syndrome.

I'm also depressed, and going through anti-depressants Paxil and now Effexor, which both pretty much suck. Effexor is better than Paxil for me.

For the pain the Doc started me off on a trycilic anti-depressant for the nerve pain in my jaw, and it didn't help, made me sluggish and super dry mouth where I could barely swallow so after MRI confirmation of the Eagle Syndrome they went with Gabapentin. Which too, makes me sleepy as hell, doesn't get rid of all the pain, and does nothing for the headaches that I have associated with the syndrome.

What gets me is the fact that Doc's are now scared to death to prescribe a narcotic or opiod to the point that now, they don't prescribe any at all to the people that are in pain, they say, take Advil, or Tylenol. Well, Advil doesn't cut it, but pain meds do. Anti-depressants don't make me feel any less depressed, but some pain meds do. I've been going to Doc since October and I'm up to Gabapentin and on it, I'm pretty much worthless and all I want to do is sleep. I don't want to live my life like this, so I've sourced my own pain meds and take them to function.

It just makes me think that either way the healthcare industry is broken. 1. They are responsible for the opiod epidemic by prescribing so many at one point. 2. They are responsible for more OD's now because people that need them can't get them from a trusted pharmacy and have to resort to other measures where you don't know what you are getting.

It just pisses me off and I feel like I'm being held prisoner for something that isn't my fault, and I'm falling into the trap of unsupervised use. A trap I didn't want to fall into, I wanted a legit prescription with Doc supervision, and now I'm just limited by how much I want to spend, which is becoming more and more, since it seems that's the only way I feel less depressed.

I'm to the point where I just feel like what's the point of going to the Doctors who don't know crap, and aren't going to do anything to improve the quality of my life. For all they care I could sleep all day, as long as I'm not being prescribed something that would work and keep me active and engaged.

You can move this if this is to much for an intro.

Cheers,

K

Hey KRichards, welcome to Bluelight :)

Sorry to read about your struggles and your really rare jaw condition! I can say your kind of story is very common around here though. Lot's have been having to deal with that attitude about the prescription of opioids from doctors. It is disheartening :( We've actually discussed this quite a bit in our Drugs in the Media forum (maybe check it out).

I know this is an obvious question, but have you tried different doctors? You really need to emphasise pain, because they do have a duty to ensure you aren't in it.

Regards,
CFC

Hey KR !

First of all, welcome to Bluelight :)

I hear you loud and clear. I, too, am a long term pain patient; in my case it's my lower lumbar region. They put me on Gabapentin (300mg x 3 daily) and after 6 months wouldn't prescribe me even that. I did have prior history of Heroin abuse, but have been clean since 1977. It's really not fair.

In my case I was able to diminish the pain by a rigorous regimen of PT and CBD products. I guess I was lucky because some people are not fortunate enough to have a problem that will successfully respond to this.

I hope that you can eventually find a way to deal with your situation.

In any event, feel free to look at all the various sub forums and find a home here. I'm sure not gonna move this, but if you don't get enough responses feel free to post a similar thread in one of the more active sections of Bluelight. This particular one doesn't always get a lot of traffic. If you have any specific questions, we are here to steer you in the right direction.

Again welcome to Bluelight !

Ho Ho Ho!

Welcome my Children of the Bluelight.

May you all enjoy festive mirth and joy this Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho!

funny-santa-claus-gif-2.gif

Hi! I'm new here but have wanted to join for a while. I have a rare disease that attacks my joints, along with other crappy stuff. So just looking to chat with people like me who are dealing with pain!

Hello all I am a new member.. I have a question I hope y'all can help me out. I am prescribed 15mg Roxy's and I am unable to swallow them so I snort them and we'll my question is that my doctor raised my dosage from 15 to 20 mg today and I am unable to get my new 20 mg to break down into a powder so I am able to snort it. My 15 mg broke down just fine had no problems and got these today and went to take one and I can't get it to break down into a fine powder at all does anyone here have any ideas that might help if I take orally I throw right back up and waste it.. Please HELP

I’m into getting to know as much information as I possibly can about stuff related to a lot of topics on here.

Hello all I am a new member.. I have a question I hope y'all can help me out. I am prescribed 15mg Roxy's and I am unable to swallow them so I snort them and we'll my question is that my doctor raised my dosage from 15 to 20 mg today and I am unable to get my new 20 mg to break down into a powder so I am able to snort it. My 15 mg broke down just fine had no problems and got these today and went to take one and I can't get it to break down into a fine powder at all does anyone here have any ideas that might help if I take orally I throw right back up and waste it.. Please HELP

Hey Xena, welcome. Some formulations of oxycodone and other strong opioids have been made 'tamper-proof' by the manufacturers. Apparently, they turn to gel or something when crushed. From what I have read, it is quite a process to get round this.

Several threads have been started on the topic, this one is probably the most detailed.

Yeah, some of the long acting ones have Narcan in them as well some mechanism that only activates the Narcan under abuse

Ho Ho Ho!

animated-santa-claus-image-0420.gif

Where are my cookies?! Oh, over in Cannabis Discussion and Other Drugs, I understand.

Until next year, children of BL.

Hiii...I'm new to the site..been reading and getting info from this forum for years and love the help!!!!!! ??

Hiii...I'm new to the site..been reading and getting info from this forum for years and love the help!!!!!! ??

Hey babygirl! Welcome to BL :) Glad you've been finding the site useful for all those years!

Hope to see you posting around some of the forums and getting to know folks here and the community :)

First post here,
I am a young pharmaceutical undergrad from Constantinople. I would very much like to be part of the bluelight community and offer all experience I have on pharmaceuticals, discuss their effects, use and abuse potential, medicinal or recreational value and toxicity report. Please contact me if you have any questions, I'll answer my best, I have experiences with almost all varieties of different psychoactives from each and every sort besides deliriants/datura. I would love a good conversation.
Thank you kindly,
Tezcatlipoca

Status
Not open for further replies.