The Feds Came To Visit...

yep..

Okay so now I am so screwed and it sucks and I needed to vent my bad... I should have never been allowed to purchase a computer.... But thanks anyways you guys and gals... Oh yeah there should totally be another Valentine's Day Candy Trade Bluelight Kickass... lol.... Im totally in on that if Im not imprisoned... ~k~ for real later....oh and if there already is one dag Im hope Im not too late... lol... 8)

If you are that worried get rid of your computer.... and remove any traces of drugs or anything alike from your home asap!

Don't they have some kind of pro-bono or some kind of public defender system so that people can get lawyers without paying?

--- G.

If you're worried about them finding info on your computer you may want to delete this post. Possibly repost anonymously.

Re: Public Defenders. I could be wrong on this (someone please correct me if I am) but it is my understanding that you cannot secure the services of a PD before one is charged with a crime, so they can't offer advice on how to keep from getting charged, but they can help you after you have been.

get rid of anything illegal you have, even if there is a law against it it would be easier to explain away reformatting and completely wiping your computer or whatever you have incriminating then it is for you to explain away the clear cut evidence that points to you.

TrickyGirl... Do a search to see if there are any free legal assistance organizations in your state.

How do you delete the post?

Just click edit, under your name, on the first post in this thread. There will be a big box that says "Delete Post" check that box and click delete and it will delete the whole thread.

nah keep the thread up..i want the feds to see my avatar.

anyways.. you should do more listening to the people posting here, they're kind enough to help you out, actually read what they are saying..

Present...

Im here and Ive been reading everything that everyone has posted and have taken it all into consideration....I do appreciate all the replies... Much thanks.... I have yet to decide whether or not I should delete the thread Im undecided....:\

Ya, and btw whoever said to reformatt.... they can still get stuff off... i dunno some shit that can see even deleted stuff on the HD somewhow not sure how, but they can.

aw..

I guess I will just have to hope for the best theres not much else I can do that I havent already.... Thanks Everyone....:\

Whoa...if the feds are reading this...

Y'ALL WORK FOR A COKEHEAD :p

Also, if you're worried about them checking your computer, your best bet would be to 'lose' your hard drive, or failing that, accidentally drop it in a bathtub full of water. Wiping the hard drive isn't good enough.

WNB said:
Whoa...if the feds are reading this...

Y'ALL WORK FOR A COKEHEAD :p

Also, if you're worried about them checking your computer, your best bet would be to 'lose' your hard drive, or failing that, accidentally drop it in a bathtub full of water. Wiping the hard drive isn't good enough.

putting it in water isn't either for feds they can actaully take one that is shattered and still read info of of it, from the magnitism it uses, so if your that worried make it disappear, you can do a low level format more then 20 times and with the technology you can still recover the information

Hey Tricky Girl. Sorry bout your troubles. I work in the computer/security field and what digitalshyst posted is somewhat correct. All Harddrive data is formed and held with magnetisim. This is the case with just about anything digital. For those of us who store sensitive data on our PCs and have a need to effectivly erase data, we use a Hand Held Degausser. These start around $100 and go up from there. I got a used $500 degausser for $50. These are AC and plug into the wall. I keep mine next to my systems ready to go at any moment. It uses elctromagnetic fields to destroy data. If you watch the movie "The Core" D Jay Quals character uses one when the feds show up at his place. I'm sure those federal agents have one for their laptops. Also, if those agents poked around your PC unsupervised or supervised by "somebody's mom", I wouldn't connect that PC to the net for a while. Other than that, take out the harddrive, degausse it. If you can't find a degausser cheap and quick the dumpster behind your closest waffle house is always good.

Good Luck

digitalshyst said:
...you can do a low level format more then 20 times and with the technology you can still recover the information

that seems unbelievable - do you have a pointer to any background information on this kind of thing?

alasdair

the feds arent going to go through the trouble of spending thousands of dollars to fix her hd. if theyve been over and looked on your comp once and talking to people, they already have enough.

If you already had an outstanding warrent out, and the cops were in your house. I'm suprised that they didn't just haul you in for that to begian with.

With that being said. You NEED to seek legal console ASAP. If you've already got one warrent out for yourself, you've already fucked up your life. It appears that now, your in bigger trouble. This is NOT something you want to just deal with on your own by sitting at a PC and venting. I would talk to your mother and be honest about what is going on, she is going to pay money already for one warrent so she may have some resources to pay for a lawyer.

Also, it would help if we know what this money order was for orginnaly. Are we talking OTC meds from canada or what?

Jay
Jay