• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The effects of long term ketamine use

I was basically full-on bipolar back when I was doing MXE all the time. The slightest inconvenience would make me snap, and online games frustrated me to the point of chucking the controller at the TV or the wall. It's quite scary looking back how emotionally unstable I was when abusing dissociatives.
Yeah, I definitely feel like it makes my emotions fluctuate much more uncontrollably. Patience levels are clearly lessened when I quit, at least for the first few days.

Yeah, I definitely feel like it makes my emotions fluctuate much more uncontrollably. Patience levels are clearly lessened when I quit, at least for the first few days.
Memantine levels this out, completely. Granted, it's a dissociative on its own but really, really helpful against these mood swings.

Hey everyone :)

This is my first post here on bluelight, but I have been using this site for a good 10 years now and have found it to be very helpful, not only for me but for my friends for whom I share the information I read about on here with. My true love when it comes to drug classes is hands down psychedelics (LSD-25 specifically), so you'll see me mainly hanging around the psychedelic forum.

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I did use the search function and have memories of reading anecdotes of people describing the effects of long term ketamine use but what I want to talk about is perhaps a little more specific. I'm fully aware of the implications that long term ketamine use/abuse can have on the body, I have suffered cramps a few times myself but fortunately nothing more serious. I am also aware of the perma-tolerance that comes with using it frequently, both from first hand experience and from reading about it on here countless times.

What I wanted to discuss however, is if other people have noticed that the effects that they get from ketamine has changed with long term use. Even when I had been a fairly frequent user for 5 or so years, I was still able to reach a place where I could close my eyes, lay back and my mind would take me on a whirlwind trip through different landscapes and imagery, all the while my body would feel like it was either levitating or sometimes being dragged around the room (in a nice way haha). For the past couple of years, when I consume high enough doses that send other people into that psychedelic hole, I often have a strange reaction that can be cause for concern. I get complete amnesia, and instead of being motionless, people have said that I start getting up and falling around, dramatically throwing my arms around, knocking my head against walls. I then come around from the experience with no recollection of what's happened. I know that that sounds potentially dangerous, but this has fortunately only ever happened in the confides of close friends homes and although they have been a bit alarmed by my reaction, they have never had any real cause for concern.

I'm basically just interested to hear if anyone else has these 'blackouts' and weird bodily reactions instead of a soothing calming psychedelic k trip. I don't believe (although I cannot guarantee) that it's due to the quality of what i'm taking as I have a good understanding of what good K is and although there has been some poor stuff around over the last couple of years, there's also been some great stuff.

If anyone has anything to add, please do! Also, if I have done anything wrong please correct me.

Love to you all x
On the very odd occasion I’ve had the world melt off and a horrific, deathly nightmare realm revealed. Actually felt as if I was dying, and not in a liberating ego death way. Steered clear for a while but I now dabble.

Memantine levels this out, completely. Granted, it's a dissociative on its own but really, really helpful against these mood swings.
Had to search for that one and it brings up medication for alzheimer’s, is that a use for it? Doesn’t sound like something I can get anyways so it’ll just be a case of seeing those mood swings out.

During my last 2 month break, I felt moody and irritable for the first few days. I craved K until around the 2 week period and then I noticed less of a desire to take it. By the 2 month mark, I thought well i’ve done well here so why not treat myself with a ‘little bit’. That ‘little bit’ didn’t quite end up that way!

Had to search for that one and it brings up medication for alzheimer’s, is that a use for it? Doesn’t sound like something I can get anyways so it’ll just be a case of seeing those mood swings out.
Depends on you and your doc. There's a ton of material on PubMed about memantine being anxiolytic, mood-stabilizing, neuroprotective and whatnot. That it's just approved for Alzheimer's and there even of questionable efficacy is a bad joke which unveils how flawed current approval system is.

i use ketamine once to twice a week now and its only improved my wellbeing is every way. Idk what dosages you have to do to get memory problems, but i honestly believe most cognitive deficits from drugs are due to most drug users never using their brain anyway. I maintain high grades while also doing ketamine weekly infact it makes me smarter.

i use ketamine once to twice a week now and its only improved my wellbeing is every way. Idk what dosages you have to do to get memory problems, but i honestly believe most cognitive deficits from drugs are due to most drug users never using their brain anyway. I maintain high grades while also doing ketamine weekly infact it makes me smarter.
That’s great for you man (no sarcasm intended). Can I ask what kind of dosages do you do once or twice weekly?

I’ll admit, I can fall into spells where maybe i’m not using my brain as much as I should be 🤣

That’s great for you man (no sarcasm intended). Can I ask what kind of dosages do you do once or twice weekly?

I’ll admit, I can fall into spells where maybe i’m not using my brain as much as I should be 🤣
usually just hit the k hole and thats it

I just wanted to add I finally tried IV ketamine and there is no rush, it's not that much more potent, and it's only like 2 minutes faster than IM I see no reason to ever shoot ketamine.

and there is no rush
Interested to know what dose did you do? Ive had some of the most insane rushes of my life IVing k. But less than 100-200mg i dont feel a rush, even with potent batches.
Also it can depend on how diluted the shot is, for example if i shot 400mg in 1ml of water it would be a strong one but if i shot 400mg in 3ml of water its no where near as strong.
Its completely different to IM and require less material to get to the same level.
Are you sure you didn't miss or shoot into an atery yeah?
Of coures, everyone reacts different.

So it depends, as I tend to go through stages of varying use. It can be up to 3g a day for a week and then nothing for a couple of weeks. If i'm at a 4 day festival then I can easily get through 10g+. I have breaks of up to 2 months sometimes too, so yeah, my usage really varies but I am fully aware that I am doing too much regardless. The complete amnesia and weird body movements do not happen every time either. I was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced similar effects. ROA has only ever been via snorting it.
I have used dxm for years, I know it’s not the same as ketamine, but I have noticed similar things with that, certain aspects of the experience go away, sometimes, but then come back the very next trip sometimes, also, other effects take the place of the old ones temporarily. Also if I use it more than one day a week, I seem to develop a tolerance to the serotonergic effects much faster than the nmda antagonist effects.

idk if that applies, but figured I’d share

how long does ket bladder pain last after your last usage? i only did around 250-300 mg on wenesday night.

Interested to know what dose did you do? Ive had some of the most insane rushes of my life IVing k. But less than 100-200mg i dont feel a rush, even with potent batches.
Also it can depend on how diluted the shot is, for example if i shot 400mg in 1ml of water it would be a strong one but if i shot 400mg in 3ml of water its no where near as strong.
Its completely different to IM and require less material to get to the same level.
Are you sure you didn't miss or shoot into an atery yeah?
Of coures, everyone reacts different.
I wasn't weighing it but no less than 100mg. I did miss some of the shots but at least a few definitely didn't and honestly had no discernable difference from IM

honestly had no discernable difference from IM
Hmm no offense but you can't have been hitting properly 🤷‍♂️ they are worlds apart.
You should probably practice your technique with sterile water before shooting more chemicals 👍 the fact you said you missed some is worrying enough.
Take care.

Hmm no offense but you can't have been hitting properly 🤷‍♂️ they are worlds apart.
You should probably practice your technique with sterile water before shooting more chemicals 👍 the fact you said you missed some is worrying enough.
Take care.
I mean some of the shots I re registered over and over again to be sure I was hitting right, so I know I ivd some for sure. The only variable here is this was some of the worst K quality I've ever had.

I mean some of the shots I re registered over and over again to be sure I was hitting right, so I know I ivd some for sure. The only variable here is this was some of the worst K quality I've ever had.
Sounds like it tbh :/
Have you got any left? A quick foil test can give you a rough idea of purity...worth doing.

Did you taste mint/menthol at the end of any of your shots?

Sounds like it tbh :/
Have you got any left? A quick foil test can give you a rough idea of purity...worth doing.

Did you taste mint/menthol at the end of any of your shots?
No, I didn't do the foil test or any test actually but I'm certain it was K, I know it well and can tell even sligbt analogues. Could also taste it. But no, I finished it all, 7 grams in a 2 days lol but yeah the cut was obvious because it wasn't very potent and whatever they cut it with wasn't even water soluable. Hard to say with my tolerance but at least 15% of it was this water insoluble stuff and it was cut even more than that I'd say from it potentcy wise

No, I didn't do the foil test or any test actually but I'm certain it was K, I know it well and can tell even sligbt analogues. Could also taste it. But no, I finished it all, 7 grams in a 2 days lol but yeah the cut was obvious because it wasn't very potent and whatever they cut it with wasn't even water soluable. Hard to say with my tolerance but at least 15% of it was this water insoluble stuff and it was cut even more than that I'd say from it potentcy wise
That’s fucked that your dealer cut it with an insoluble substance

Ive had something similar a few years ago, i suspect it was cut with dentist anethstesia or similar.
This because snorting it was very locally numbing.

When preparing intramuscular shots it left some very fine powder that was inactive but still numbed my tongue when i tasted it.