• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The effects of long term ketamine use

Ive seen one or two reports of ket mixed with benzocaine. God knows why.

Never shot ketamine before but i am interested. For some reason i was told not to iv k and just im it but cant think why other than it probably knocks you out quick?

People who shooot over 100mg i am guessing you have a tolerance?

Never shot ketamine before but i am interested. For some reason i was told not to iv k and just im it but cant think why other than it probably knocks you out quick?

Probably to make it seem stronger by the local numbness.
My guess is that it was about 80% ket and the rest was filler.

Ive never done anything IV, but ket i only do IM nowadays unless im combining it with a psychedelic in a social situation.

Its just such a better high intramuscular compared to snorted.
It feels like insuflated it only gives a fraction of the experience.
Not just that its stronger, its a more complex experience.

I like to compare it to smoked vs oral cannabis.
Smoked cannabis is mostly a head high for me, whereas oral i feel in every cell of my body.

Same with ketamine, i get submerged totally and just reach a different dimension.
Also its at least tvice as potent of not more.

But yeah i got some tolerance, i can still hole easily if i do more then 100-150mg in a short time.

But most of the time i prefer to take IM shots of around 50mg's about every 30-60mins.
Just hanging around just below the hole where i still am concius but can sense the egoloss around the corner.
Most of the time i do ket i usually binge watch sci-fi or fantasy movies.

If i combine it with lsd i usually just listen to psytrance either att home or at raves.

I was shooting 150-300 mg for a while because I thought i was tolerant and was chasing maximum depth hole.

but then i wound it back to 50-100 for my first shot of a session and found it was really beautiful just chilling and listening to music.

Hey everyone :)

This is my first post here on bluelight, but I have been using this site for a good 10 years now and have found it to be very helpful, not only for me but for my friends for whom I share the information I read about on here with. My true love when it comes to drug classes is hands down psychedelics (LSD-25 specifically), so you'll see me mainly hanging around the psychedelic forum.

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I did use the search function and have memories of reading anecdotes of people describing the effects of long term ketamine use but what I want to talk about is perhaps a little more specific. I'm fully aware of the implications that long term ketamine use/abuse can have on the body, I have suffered cramps a few times myself but fortunately nothing more serious. I am also aware of the perma-tolerance that comes with using it frequently, both from first hand experience and from reading about it on here countless times.

What I wanted to discuss however, is if other people have noticed that the effects that they get from ketamine has changed with long term use. Even when I had been a fairly frequent user for 5 or so years, I was still able to reach a place where I could close my eyes, lay back and my mind would take me on a whirlwind trip through different landscapes and imagery, all the while my body would feel like it was either levitating or sometimes being dragged around the room (in a nice way haha). For the past couple of years, when I consume high enough doses that send other people into that psychedelic hole, I often have a strange reaction that can be cause for concern. I get complete amnesia, and instead of being motionless, people have said that I start getting up and falling around, dramatically throwing my arms around, knocking my head against walls. I then come around from the experience with no recollection of what's happened. I know that that sounds potentially dangerous, but this has fortunately only ever happened in the confides of close friends homes and although they have been a bit alarmed by my reaction, they have never had any real cause for concern.

I'm basically just interested to hear if anyone else has these 'blackouts' and weird bodily reactions instead of a soothing calming psychedelic k trip. I don't believe (although I cannot guarantee) that it's due to the quality of what i'm taking as I have a good understanding of what good K is and although there has been some poor stuff around over the last couple of years, there's also been some great stuff.

If anyone has anything to add, please do! Also, if I have done anything wrong please correct me.

Love to you all x
SWIM was psychologically addicted to K for over 4 years. K first thing in the morning before showering and going to work. K while they were at work, snorting in the toilets. K, in a bullet, anytime and anywhere. SWIM snorted it like it was going out of fashion.

Lost all their 'straight' friends, which hurt at the time but now thinks it's better that those relationships are over.

Had a few notable 'meltdowns', usually in public (through snorting in pubs, and also drinking before they realised how dangerous that was). They ended up in police hands a couple of times (but no charges, just warnings!).

After all this, however, SWIM would go back to being 'addicted', at the drop of a hat. Health not seriously affected (K-cramps notwithstanding). Knows when to quit.

It's not often one can find a drug that does it all: anaesthetic, psychedelic, antidepressant, stimulant.

King K, says SWIM.

SWIM was psychologically addicted to K for over 4 years. K first thing in the morning before showering and going to work. K while they were at work, snorting in the toilets. K, in a bullet, anytime and anywhere. SWIM snorted it like it was going out of fashion.

Lost all their 'straight' friends, which hurt at the time but now thinks it's better that those relationships are over.

Had a few notable 'meltdowns', usually in public (through snorting in pubs, and also drinking before they realised how dangerous that was). They ended up in police hands a couple of times (but no charges, just warnings!).

After all this, however, SWIM would go back to being 'addicted', at the drop of a hat. Health not seriously affected (K-cramps notwithstanding). Knows when to quit.

It's not often one can find a drug that does it all: anaesthetic, psychedelic, antidepressant, stimulant.

King K, says SWIM.

Im impressed by anyone being able to snort ket more then a few days in a row.

How did your nose survive?

King K, says SWIM.
Yo, we don't use SWIM here at Bluelight. We're all adults, we don't need to pretend we're talking about someone else ;)