• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The effects of astrological timings on the psychedelic experience

because allot of the times it is an astonishing accuracy. šŸ˜®šŸŒ 
and there are those that are looking up towards the stars with frequency.
and with intrigue the wonder of vastness and the heavens above.
I have had horoscopes and astrological predictions via charts on free websites that I read for fun, that might be accurate in some very general ways, but I have never paid for astrology or have been to see a psychic, etc. I do not believe in it. I think it would be incredible to see a ghost but it has only happened to two close friends, and I was not there.

I looked up my astrological information and also did this with a friend, it was super general and basically full of stereotypes/generalizations about us and the decades we were born. I did not really find it to be true, except in very general terms such as people my age are more open to globalization, while people my friend's age were less likely to be this way.

I do enjoy looking up at the stars and planets in nature and on the internet.

Last edited:
The websites that provide interpretations are quite general. Itā€™s often like they throw all the crap they can at the wall to see what sticks. So youā€™ll end up saying ā€œyeah, sureā€ to some of it and ā€œehhh, noā€ to quite a bit more. But the problem with electronic services like this is that it is a collection of cookbook-interpretations in a bullet list, and it deals only with 2-body interactions. So one can often be given conflicting information in an electronic interpretation. The reality is much more complex because weā€™re dealing with 10+ bodies, often in multifaceted interactions, which is why it is far better to have a human capable of distilling the whole picture and how the different factors will interact to produce a whole. And I will say that the person with the required intuitive skills to interpret a cohesive whole is rather rare. Thereā€™s a whole lot of quacks and quite shallow astrologers out there...

And transits were also something that did a lot to convince me, but Iā€™ll leave that for another day, perhaps.

As I said, I would NEVER have bought into this stuff if I hadnā€™t researched and practiced it myself. I had thought it was utter nonsense. But an objective and honest assessment of what it actually is really forced me to change my mind, uncomfortable though it may have been...

There is a longest day of the year, a shortest day of the year, two days where day and night are equally long and 4 inbetween days.

Together makes 8 marks on the sun calender, each a month and a half apart.

Its highly advantageous to plan your trips around those moments, especially if you group trip. You will all know the rhythm and when you will be together to trip again.

We typically ate mescaline cactus, a sun entheogen, on the longest day of the year and MDMA, a heart warmer, on the shortest day of the year, halloween time was mushroom time for obvious reasons.

The websites that provide interpretations are quite general. Itā€™s often like they throw all the crap they can at the wall to see what sticks. So youā€™ll end up saying ā€œyeah, sureā€ to some of it and ā€œehhh, noā€ to quite a bit more. But the problem with electronic services like this is that it is a collection of cookbook-interpretations in a bullet list, and it deals only with 2-body interactions. So one can often be given conflicting information in an electronic interpretation. The reality is much more complex because weā€™re dealing with 10+ bodies, often in multifaceted interactions, which is why it is far better to have a human capable of distilling the whole picture and how the different factors will interact to produce a whole. And I will say that the person with the required intuitive skills to interpret a cohesive whole is rather rare. Thereā€™s a whole lot of quacks and quite shallow astrologers out there...

And transits were also something that did a lot to convince me, but Iā€™ll leave that for another day, perhaps.

As I said, I would NEVER have bought into this stuff if I hadnā€™t researched and practiced it myself. I had thought it was utter nonsense. But an objective and honest assessment of what it actually is really forced me to change my mind, uncomfortable though it may have been...
What are transits?

There is a longest day of the year, a shortest day of the year, two days where day and night are equally long and 4 inbetween days.

Together makes 8 marks on the sun calender, each a month and a half apart.

Its highly advantageous to plan your trips around those moments, especially if you group trip. You will all know the rhythm and when you will be together to trip again.

We typically ate mescaline cactus, a sun entheogen, on the longest day of the year and MDMA, a heart warmer, on the shortest day of the year, halloween time was mushroom time for obvious reasons.

Ok I never have taken MDMA/MDA. I would trip on acid or mushrooms because I wanted to, not because of the date or month of the year.

I usually trip on the solstices and equinoxes , but more for the temporal spacing than any significance of their actual date. Just a natural timing for me. If I miss a day because I'm busy or situations aren't right then I just do it sometimes near that is more convenient.

Last edited:
What are transits?
Iā€™ll try to give a description without prattling on for pages here, lol.
So we have a birth chart, which is a snapshot in time of where the heavenly bodies were at the moment of our birth in relation to our point in the Earth. This is laid out on a 2 dimensional circle, with the bodies at different points around it.
However, the bodies quite naturally stay in motion after our birth. When they reach points that are in alignment to where others were at our birth, it can precipitate certain types of experiences, colored by the archetypal ā€œflavorā€ that seems to correspond to those bodies.
Think of it this way - Our birth chart is like the blueprint of a house, and the placement of the planets at that time determines where the windows are. The planets stay in motion, and later in our life when they reach certain spots, itā€™s like they are able to shine a light into that house.

I completely recognize that this sounds bonkers AF. And I was highly skeptical. Until I examined it with my own life. The most dramatic example was a particular series of transits; Saturn transited a point in alignment with a point on my birth chart, went retrograde a couple months later and hit it again, then resumed forward motion and hit it again. I was arrested each of these times. I also found when I began examining other peopleā€™s charts that some things would stick out. In one case I was able to ask ā€œwhat happened in early June of 2011?ā€ And this person asked me ā€œWho the fā€”k told you about that?!ā€ They were quite upset, angry, thinking I had somehow violated their privacy or gotten information about them somehow.
I never knew exactly what kind of an event a person might have experienced. I could get an inkling about whether it might have been negative or disruptive, but it isnā€™t possible to know exactly what it was.
In the time I was doing this I had this happen dozens of times. But it never stopped astounding me. Iā€™m still quite incredulous about all of it.

But as for its relevance to psychedelic experiences... These are, as Grof says, non-specific amplifiers of unconscious processes. So Grof and Richard Tarnas came to believe that psychedelics can open us up to the archetypal dynamics which are at play in our unconscious at the time of the experience, and these are correlated to the astrological transits at the time of the experience. Interesting, indeed.

How is astrology factual, truthful, or valid?

If i knew how I'd be a rich man. All i know is that projecting archetypes onto the cosmos seems to work in some way. Like someone above said, I staunchly believed it was bullshit until personal experiences pushed me to being unable to deny something about it works.

I am still going to be skeptical about astrology.

If other people want to believe in it, it is fine for them but for myself I am not sure how accurate it is?

I am an Aries, and I apparently have some of the supposed qualities of this astrological sign, but I think it has to do with factors besides the month/year I was born, where the planets/stars were, etc.

Patrticular times of the year have a very noticeable effect on my mood so I imagine it would on my trips too. Summertime has always been best for tripping. Winter is great for Disso holes.
I donā€™t know that much about astrology so canā€™t really tell you anything on that.

I am still going to be skeptical about astrology.

If other people want to believe in it, it is fine for them but for myself I am not sure how accurate it is?

I am an Aries, and I apparently have some of the supposed qualities of this astrological sign, but I think it has to do with factors besides the month/year I was born, where the planets/stars were, etc.
See that is the thing Priest, I don't believe in the astrology or horoscopes that is in the local paper. I too am Aries but would never take a newpaper horoscope seriousy I do think they are hoooeey. But if we were to logically look at influences and forces we know the moon can hold back the ocean (tide). That is confimed. There are a lot of influences we can't see I would bet. So the position of the stars and planets seem to have far reaching influence and I think at least physically in a scientific way we will understand more.

But then we are not just physical, there are so many other aspects to us that it could almost seem logical those aspects could be affected, pulled, pushed, drawn.....

But for me it did come together in that chapter of Autobiography of a Yogi. Outwitting the stars was the notion that no matter what influences are on us we can use our will and determination to bypass any astrological influences. It was then I did a complete turn around and then said there probably is something to this. But I am always careful to not fully believe anything to the point of fanaticism. But do keep an open mind.

But yes, I too get annoyed at horoscopes. To flatly believe that would be silly. To keep looking for the influences of astrology, the stars and planets would be wise though. So what else will we learn, more than just the moon affecting the tide. I am sure there is much more. I just do not really believe when people write up horoscopes. You notice sometimes they are spot on, others completely wrong. To me that is just the luck of the draw. It does make me wonder who has the ability for read the inlfuences clearly though and how they apply to us.

Yeah I would be a rich man if I could sow this up too! ;)

Last edited:
I've had a decades long interest in astrology
and I have recently been interested in this correlation of planets
and other astrological factors with the nature of a particular psychedelic session.

Each person's chart is such a unique and multiplicitous assemblage
of interrelations that it is indeed very difficult unless one is or has access to a gifted astrologer
to say with any certainty how the current positions of the planets may effect one.
Astrology is a kind of psychedelia and path of liberation in and of itself.
It truly pushes one into a different mode of thinking once you have grasped all of the rather
large number of basics and apply it to interpretation. I have found you really need an ability
to see whole patterns and wider pictures while keeping in mind the detail so as not to
stray off into a meaningless level of overgeneralization. It pushes you to use both sides of your brain
synthesizing intuitive/analytical and assessment skills.

As far as the astrology of tripping, boy thats a book that needs to be researched and written if it hasn't already.
Encouraging that Grof has said some things about it, makes a lot of sense that he would, I'd like to read what he says.

Perhaps when the mushrooms start cropping up in my garden I can look into this.
I think I would start with assuming based on traditional western astrology:
1. moon phase is a big factor and also how the
degrees of the zodiac in ones chart are activated according to where the moon and sun sit.
Half moons and new moons can be rough, I have long noticed most people struggle more on those days.
For example in my own case I tend to have repressed anger bubbling up and short lived depression as well as general
body discomfort during those days. New Moon also can be a bit paranoiac. So I would not choose those days to trip.
Full moon is said to create a bit of madness in people and animals, more accurately I have noticed it is
just a very high energy time. It seems to be a bit much for some people and affects them negatively, myself
I often feel rather psyched up and inspired and indeed when I used to trip frequently I would do
it on full moons, as I think a lot of people like to. More harmonious times lunar wise generally would
be 120-240 degree sun-moon degrees of separation, what are called trines. You would then also see how those
trines sit in your chart and also how they connect or don't connect with the rest of the planets in the sky.
They can really charge up the potential of certain planetary configurations and tending in an easy to
handle direction, but it really depends, it can also just set a lot of flow in motion with planets that are not easy.
Its like how do you respond to certain psychedelics, you just have to expereince it for yourself, everyone is different,
same for astral energies, but there are high likelihoods for certain conditions to arise internally and externally
in ones situation that you can get a general idea from.

2. Planets and kinds of trips

Again, this is all just speculation. I haven't looked into and checked others and myself but just going by traditional
astrology if I wanted to have say psilocybe or LSD session that was particularly visual or inspiring for artwork creation,
I think I might of course do some spiritual practices to channel energy in that direction, your intention is at least as strong as any
planetary influence, but the planetary influences are also there and can be ridden as one would surf a wave.
So for a very visual or art inspiring trip anything involving Venus and Neptune would be considered good. If the full moon lines up
along the Venus or Neptune axis that alone may be enough, the more exactly in degree terms the better. You could also
have it ruined by Saturn affecting it and figuring in in the sky or in your birth chart, but Saturn could also just as well crystallize a very visual trip in some manner. Saturn
has to do with "crystalization" or manifestation, so it might be good if one wants to actually work and produce something from
a trip, but the trip itself is likely to be harder work than a Full moon conjunct (in the same place as) Neptune or Venus.
There is also full moons in the same spot in one's birth chart as either Venus or Neptune or at 120-240 to those points.
There are many configuartions that could hold very good potential for a very "visual" trip. Neptune can be
a bit dicey, it can create confusion, it is also an oceanic god so, one can be overwhelmed by the oceanic amount
of material a Neptunian session could present. But it is connected with otherworldly and very deep things. If you can handle
Neptune I think its a must for that best trip you ever had type thing.
Neptune is the planet of intoxication and drugs too, so harmonious Neptune connections I think are ideal.
Venus as even people who don't know much astrology is connected with beauty art and the visual as well
but more down to earth and sensual and erotic than Neptune. Having both Venus and Neptune lined up favorably would be what I would shoot for
next time I trip, as I am quite a Venusian type, Venus angular in Libra and I really seem to appreciate all things Neptuninan, it never ceases to amaze
me how just about all of my friends are heavily Neptunian types or Piscean which is the sign Neptune rules. And yes, I really
love visuals, I gotta have them, just profound insight is not enough haha!
But if profound insight is your thing Neptune is also a very good component, but it is more mystico-religious
or deep archetypal mind that you get with Neptune. So for insigtful trips you want to check for powerful
connections to Jupiter the planet of wisdom and philosophy and Mercury the thinking mind. I would probably
look to Saturn as well especially if you handle Saturn easily. If you have a lot of Capricorn or Saturn is in an angle
(1st, 4th, 7th or 10th house) and in a sign where it is beneficial and strong like Capricorn, Aquarius or Libra. Saturn is work
too, and more hard earned wisdom whereas Jupiter is just your natural spontaneous wisdom won of good
karma. Jupiter in a good spot is also good for lots of laughs, Jupiter is just not going to bring that much trouble
apart from wrecklessness, over-optimism and taking too much of something, Saturn will help you check yourself.

OK, I've written a book practically already and you could just go on and on. I haven't even researched how any of this plays out either.
Also, I have gotten into Jyotish, which is Indian astrology. My god. It is infinite and so essential to Hindu life. Traditionalists in India
do everything in life consulting astrology and as such I feel it is a much more accurate system than western. Hindu astrology also
checks the planet positions acccording to where they actually are. Western astrology has not adjusted for the slippage, where
all of the planets are 20 degrees ahead of where they should be. To me it is clear as day, when I plug in the Vedic reckoned signs and degrees
I am certainly a Gemini rising not a Cancer and you can see it in the charts of famou speople too, sorry the western charts just do not quite
match as well, particualrly the rising which is arguably the most obvious thing about everyone that astrology indicates.

You can look up your own chart both western and Vedic at www.astro.com. An encyclopedic astrology resourcerun by the great astrologer
and writer and astrology educator Liz Green. Her books are incredibly deep and lessons in mythology, depth psychology as well as astrology.

Hilarious, Just as I had sent the above post off, I stepped out into the yard and my wife says,
"I think there's a psychedelic mushroom growing in my collard greens patch." :LOL: Yep, sure
enough. What's doubly weird is that this is not the time of year for them. I only ever see them
in June July if its not too hot and again in October sometimes if there has been an early end to the rainy season
and then we've had a wee bit of rain.

Maybe I will get to research this sooner than I thought. Heheh.

I have been reading this new book LSD: and the mind of the universe by chris bache which is amazing and he mentions how stansilov grof and somebody else during their work noticed that a persons astrology chart and timings made a impact on their experience when tripping with LSD. I use to be into astrology but haven't for many years. So i was quite intrigued and started looking back at dates of some darkest trips i have had and then looked into my transit astrology charts of the time. At the time of these trips there was no reason for them to be dark as my mental state and setting was good. Then i noticed a pattern during bad transits in my charts is when these trips would be mega dark and trips to the darkest parts of reality. I believe this also effects DMT. During a Saturn transit is the only time i had a bad trip on DMT where i met demonic enities in a hellish dmt hyperspace.

This may seem to be some hippe woo woo stuff to alot of people but im going to look into this more and if anybody else has ever noticed their astrology chart timings effect their trips.

Cool topic! I'm a professional astrologer now, and I started studying it about 15 years ago. I do traditional and some modern. The woman I was apprenticing with for 4 years, her and I used to do loads of acid together. We would use electional astrology to pick the right dates and times to do it on, and yes it did affect the results. For a whole year we tripped every full Moon, and also sometimes on new Moons.

Best transits for doing LSD are Jupiter and Venus transits, hands down. When they are in good condition, and especially when they positively aspect your natal chart, the trips tend to go well. In the western tradition, Jupiter is the Greater Benefic and Venus the Lesser Benefic. They tend to bring good things and are easy to work with. Jupiter moves slow (12 years to go around the wheel) so it's hard to time that one, but he is best in Cancer, Sag or Pisces (he is currently in Pisces). Venus moves faster, and is best in Libra, Taurus and Pisces. IMO Pisces is the best place for Venus for LSD. She makes the trip cosmic and beautiful.

I do full on astrological magic these days. I make talismans and everything, to remediate people's afflicted charts. I know these energies very well.

Yes, Venus and Jupiter working together in all the various ways
they might, you would think this would be tops, I'll figure that in.
Very interesting and good that you have researched this Foreigner.
Really very interesting thank you.

I'm going to go out on a limb without much double checking and say
I really like the Jupiter and Neptune conjunction in Pisces that will start to kick in
this March and will be hanging around till the first week in May.
Wow. Boy oh boy. Thats a doozy for beautiful out of this world visuals, I would think.
That is a very rare powerful and positive combination if you add that it is in Pisces.
It comes around less than your ALD-52 used to back in the day.
Probably a once a century thing, if I am figuring that right off of the top of my head.
Jupiter is very good and strong in Pisces generally. Venus will join them
too the last week in May and then the Moon hits that on the 27th. Yowsa.
Thats maybe even so good its scary, like maybe too good, hehe!
Be careful out there you might blow a gasket if you trip on this day,
too much of a good thing maybe.

Personally, it doesn't work that well for me. I don't like that it is opposing
my Mercury in Virgo. That could spell confusion. For me, if I am going to get caught up in the astrology of it,
in fact, tripping might not be the greatest idea for much of this year at all because of that.
if I'm afraid of a little confusion.. But then again its just astrology.
You just grit your teeth and go through what the planets serve up as you would
in real life. Eat your vegetables, do your meditation, stay fit and it won't give you that much trouble.
Jupiter and Neptune with Venus and the moon
all lined up together is just too interesting for me to pass up. That alignment seems pretty conducive
to a very deep and visual trip and very pleasant. Wowie kazowie. I will add that to my list.

IMO Pisces is the best place for Venus for LSD
Definitely, or this is what I would assume. Pisces is just going to make the beauty that Venus represents so totally expanded
and makes Venus much more compassionate rather than greedy or jealous as Venus can be when it gets in a bad way.

@Oldman Liver hi, warm welcome here. You seem very open, interesting, conscious.

I would have loved to have some nice discussion with you. It's beyond me currently. Extraordinary times, living and experience. Very very unordinary.

Everything that mattered does not now. The old is being fully fully shed.

Exorcism, cleansing, evacuating inner demons and humane grotesqueness.

I don't like myself one bit. Which is good. I reflect and review and it sickens me, my lifelong moral egocentric vain inadequate mortality.

I think I get it now. This is vital. I see pure ugly in me. All my faults, weakness, mistakes, shamefulness. It needs to go. So I face full on the image of my true acting self until now.

The saving grace to such uglyness is the knowing it is progress. I adorn no illusion of a spotless nice shiny man. I am entirely imperfect, and we are here to correct, improve, maybe even perfect over time.

This self esteem, self love, feel good, ego! Is a lesson. I don't want to love myswlf, only my core when I can peel it back.

This astrology stuff interests me.

I am a pisces metal monkey, 19 March 1980.

I read once....

"Pisces is spiritual, the Mokjey is clever. Together this is an auspicious combination which makes for very intuitive and impressionable people.

They are often perceived as being eccentric when in fact they just have rather unique thought processes."

That really sums myself up to a tee l also found a much more detailed thorough expose of that specific combination and element are websites no longer existing and it was really fascinating like basically describe the person to an absolute tee, Adolf Hitler I looked up up as well and it was basically him all over with a rubber stamp, sign and seal.

I embarked upon a serious amount of LSD tripping in 2021. Driven by a force I don't know. I had the most exhilarating Astral travel trips, trips of all sorts, diff types of hallucinatory experiences, like eyes everywhere for days at times, very organic and mescaline like but a bit distrurbing lol.

It's very possible I will never trip again but it depends on how this earth or terrain stands in 6 months or 1 years time.

430 trips in 346 days from 25 th Jan 2021. And 25 years of tripping very likely run it's course

I can't really trip anymore. The lack of perception filters in this near apocalyptuc time of chaos and change and demonic evasion (is my focus, not the "in"vasion first necessary) with severe severe anxiety and panic disorder related to major nwrve and nervous system damage and the most extreme physical shit makes for too much intensity in life.

I saw you mention ALD above. The best acid on earth IMO. Transportational and reality shifting.

I took a trip slideshow. 550 mic trip total, lots edible and vaped weed, kava.

ALD really melts your reality and then pieces it togethwr again a bit, for us to do the rest, many times a painstaking task, the brutal integration process.

This may (or may not) be this tripper's last ever trip. It was nuts too. Taken over a 24 hour period, first 6 within initial mega time dilated/frozen/stretched 4 hours.

Lol it's funny to me, cos I can so see my head falling to shards as I went up up up, then steeling things together, then drifting though the golden twighlight haze and illumination, finally round circle and the impression that several years have passed.

Wow! Thats a lot of acid! Haha! Yow! You go, man, go!

Sorry, Mr. Auto-Tripper, a bit drunk at the moment, haha! I'll do my best to respond appropriately, insightfully etc. !:)
I can't resist, being a Gemini rising I so love talking with everyone if it is about something so interesting as psychdelics and astrology.
Or basketball. Or snorkelling. Yeah, I am someone always accused of being on acid or something,
I am perhaps actually a bit too crazy yet not crazy enough, so I think I understand hard-core trippers, though I only
tripped about 6 times per year from the time i was 14 till I was 24 when I quit and got into some quite mind altering
forms of yoga and meditation. I only have recently started eating the mushrooms in by yard, but they havent
been that powerfull, though they are certainly psilocybin ones. But my teachers idea was altered states of consciousness are healing, though he was
anti-psychedelics. The Tibetan lineage I'm with now is different, or rather with 50 percent, they are open to psychedelics and some yogis in my lineage
do them occasionally, and the other lineage the other 50% of me is with does not talk about that but says whatever, you alone know yourself there are no rules.
Sorry religion is not fashionable anymore, I realize that, just explaining my situation with psychedelics.

I actually have never taken ALD-52, but I so want to. I want to open my spiritual practices to something more dangerous
more hard core, and among other things I am changing is that I no longer want to say no to psychedelics after 30 years of having that attitude.
In fact, I would be taking them as much as possible if I didn't live in an Asian country where you get 30 years
in a horrific prison just for having a few tabs in your pocket as happened to one citizen of this country where I live. But psychdelic mushrooms
grow in my yard and that is something I have decided I want to get into more. Who would ever know that I took them. But I already know Mr. Mushroom very well
and he knows me. We already had our discussions and ultimately decided to say goodbye 3o years ago and I am more interested in all of the
LSD analogs and tryptamines though, to the point that I would travel somewhere safer just to trip for 3 months if this world weren't
in total crisis. But Mr. Mushroom is an old friend and it would be nice to call him up and arrange a get together and catch up on things.
But I have old friends in Amsterdam who are into tripping a bit, so i could stay with them if things in the world improve, they would certainly
be OK with me tripping once a week, I have already been invited but Holland looks a complete lockdown nightmare presently.I just want to stay
on the rice farm here I think.

I know I would love ALD and ETH-LAD and 4HO-MET, 4HO-MiPT and perhaps DPT as the real jump into the deep end. I hope there will be a future
for us or that these compounds exist on other planets where I imagine I would re-incarnate if this planet just becomes a planet of the robots. I somehow think that
though human beings exist everywhere in the universe, I know this I have met humans from other planets, they likely don't have psychedelics.
This planet and our particular human life is so unique and totally rare, in infuriates me that these bastards want to inject us with dna altering injections.
Anyway, I rant about this on other sites and I'm frankly tired of it, and in any case I think we will triumph and in the future we will have legal psychedelics and psychedelics
will be what will help many heal from the trauma of these last few years. My intuition is always solid, and I knew of these times from acid trips, dreams and inttuitions I had
in the 1980's. I told people in my village not to get the injections and 5 people have dropped dead almost immediately already. I told people here they are trying to kill you
with the injections and they just laughed at me "you stupid white man! why don't you shut up and put up!" I never for a moment ever belived
the pandemic hoax. Th e first I heard of it I was like, "This is a mass deception and a coup de tat." I knew and know this like I recognize my own face in the mirror. Not to blow my
own horn it is just my own ordinary non-ordinary reality.

Anyway, I think this MArch and April are huge. Any trips we take could lead to full blown enlightenment, it is an opportunity that only comes evry 100 years so many
benign and amazing planets together in Pisces. I have been drinking and contemplating this evening. And if like you, you are a Pisces, my gosh your train is about to pull into the station, imho.
If you tell me your birthdate and time of birth I can say more,
But I am just an amature astrologer, though it works for me, when i am in the mood for listening to planets. I think it is often wiser to ignore them, but better to
know them too than not, as with anything. Ignorance is death not bliss I always say.