• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric The effects of astrological timings on the psychedelic experience

Oh yes, moon phases, general planet transits and ones more specific to my personal astrological configuration all have a notable influence on my tripping experiences and to a lesser degree on most other drug experiences. I admit I am sensitive to that kind of stuff and other people seem to notice it much less.

I am a pisces by the way and am not surprised to read many other here are also of this sign. We pisces love altered states do we not ? Hahaha

I'm pretty sure that we are influenced by what happens in the sky. I participated in 2 kambos ceremonies around the solar eclipse in early July, and it was very special. The full moon of December was crazy energetically, without even taking anything.

Oh yes, moon phases, general planet transits and ones more specific to my personal astrological configuration all have a notable influence on my tripping experiences and to a lesser degree on most other drug experiences. I admit I am sensitive to that kind of stuff and other people seem to notice it much less.

I am a pisces by the way and am not surprised to read many other here are also of this sign. We pisces love altered states do we not ? Hahaha

Where do you find that information?

Where do you find that information?
There are many good ressources. I suggest astrologyking.com for general planet/star transit and moon phase

For more individualised stuff cainer.com is another great ressoucs

Going back thousands of years, the age old Indian practice of making ghee from butter (ghee is the best form of fat for the body, so medicinal and metabolism boosting), it has been suggested to make ghee on a waxing of full moon:

"In the Vedic culture of ancient India, ghee was made on the full or waxing phase of the moon. This period of the moon cycle is known as the shukla paksha or the white part of the moon, and is considered auspicious. It is said the moon is considered to rule or control soma; the juice or essence of plants, and of life itself. In the Vedas, milk is said to be the essence of grass, and ghee is said to be the essence of milk. Therefore, the waxing moon and full moon represents the increase of this essential quality."

Also when it comes to taking baths in Himalayan detox and salt or dead Sea salt depending on the stage of the moon you will either absorb the minerals and nutrients from the salt or have a thoroughly detoxing process.

These forces are very real and absolutely multiple from every angle and far more complex and interrelated than our puny brains will ever really pin down and understand despite our naive attempts and delusions.

Just a couple examples which came to my mind.

Last edited:
Syd Barret got quite heavily into the I Ching. He went down some very, very dark and IMO unhealthty/ill advised paths.

I played with the I Ching myself put of interest but eventually destroyed the book as I felt it was very dark with evil wrapped up in it.

Hammered here again guys. Lots of tripping. 350ug yesterday with kanna extract, edibles and vapor.

I cant take the kanna but boy does it kick up the weed, and made the trip stronger.

I got very strong and good effect from the 350ug, and I took 300ug Saturday after only one day off from 3 or 4 days on the trot.

I will have a break now. Feeling hammered from acid today, and kanna and weed plus 0.5mg etizolam last evening.
32.5 1cP tabs, 1 1plsd 150ug pellet, and a 1plsd tab in about a month I think.

Is that too much acid? How do we define the safe parameters and set limits?

It feels like its time for a break now anyway. I can't say I have any regrets. I don't feel at all harmed by the acid. Its only the whole tolerance thing on my mind really.

I was really loving gettimg such amazing experiences on my 50ug trips. I only hope a good month off, or maybe even 2 weeks, will be enough for mini and microdoses to be effective again.

You sparked my interest here with the assertion of the I Ching having a potential “evil” thing going-on with it.

Some 40 years ago, I was involved with a self-professed “witch” who was using tarot as a vector to manipulate persons, and situations.

Eventually, there was a major freak-out.

I personally witnessed an evil entity that manifest through these dabblings.

All things “Witchcraft” should be strictly avoided. Period.

Acid can / will vector, and potentiate the incursions of malevolent manipulative entities, if you allow them.

They seem to manifest through ones willingness to succumb, or exercise the instrument of FEAR to attain a desired affect.

Call me crazy, but I’ve been IN IT.

Powerful, NASTY NASTY stuff.

It WILL fuck you UP!

Love is REAL.

❤️👽🍕
Bryan in Seattle

Lot of great points in this thread. I love how we can be talking about astrology here and even if there´s a lot of people that dont believe in it they are respecting the chat and letting it flow. Bravo, is not that easy to find such a civilized forum.

Im into astrology since 20-30 years and I know beyond any doubth that is solid. I think that the more conscient you are, the less power astrology has over you, thou, so the more affected by the great and the little cycles are precisely the people that less believe in it... funny, eh?.

As some of you know we have that big, generational saturn movement right now and all that planets in capricorn. In fact all 2020 is a very saturnine/capricornian year, you can expect quite a more serious and mature driven 2020 and less "funncyclown" year, globally speaking, ofc

There are many good ressources. I suggest astrologyking.com for general planet/star transit and moon phase

For more individualised stuff cainer.com is another great ressoucs
Thank you, I'll give it a look.

You sparked my interest here with the assertion of the I Ching having a potential “evil” thing going-on with it.

Some 40 years ago, I was involved with a self-professed “witch” who was using tarot as a vector to manipulate persons, and situations.

Eventually, there was a major freak-out.

I personally witnessed an evil entity that manifest through these dabblings.

All things “Witchcraft” should be strictly avoided. Period.

Acid can / will vector, and potentiate the incursions of malevolent manipulative entities, if you allow them.

They seem to manifest through ones willingness to succumb, or exercise the instrument of FEAR to attain a desired affect.

Call me crazy, but I’ve been IN IT.

Powerful, NASTY NASTY stuff.

It WILL fuck you UP!

Love is REAL.

👽🍕
Bryan in Seattle

Terence Mckenna was also a lot into the I Ching. His timewave zero theory was based on it.

Terence Mckenna was also a lot into the I Ching. His timewave zero theory was based on it.

Yeah well, ol’ “Terance” had a lot of his credibility pinned on the “end of time” occuring in the year 2012.

Maybe it’s MY calendar that’s warped?!

The missing Mayan adjunct is buried with a spaceship somewhere in the Andes?

Well... ( ?!!! )

13 months till next Septoccemberary!

Par-TAHHHY!!!

There´s a crypto astrologer pointing to a big surge in bitcoin price around the 10 of JAN...

Pretty sure it´s not happening, but I have my BTCs ready for them to grow and explode just in case he is right. To me it´s the right moment, for sure! =D

"Being 'aware' of manifestations of matter, on various levels of perception and through allowing for one's wilfully and self imposed means, which while perceived as such, are experienced as free will- is ultimately the way of matter, due to matter and time are manifested as such rules allow - . These conditions ultimately lead to matter being broken into it's conclusion, which is how various forms of energy are seen as being manifested which is determined by these conditions by relativity - by forms self imposing resistance to such rules, which thereby manifest time and space, trough creation of form and are serving as the very matrix for evolution of matter as a way of being within the all."

- quote from mein kampf

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit old, but wanted to contribute as well...

I was always kind of "iffy" on astrology based on the newspaper horoscopes and the simplified 12 sign system.

Then, I met an astrologer on an online crime forum. We were both interested in the same case. I said something sort of dismissive about astrology, and he offered to read my chart. He knew nothing about me at all.

All that I provided him with was my birth date, time, and location. He sent back a one page typed description of me that included very specific, personal details about me and my relationships with family members/others, key personality characteristics, timeline of events etc. There was absolutely no way he could have known the information that was included in the letter.

After that I was sold, and I set out to learn more. There is so much more to astrology than the basic sun sign astrology that is presented for fun. Just understanding the dynamics of my sun/moon/rising/venus/mercury etc. gave me a much better understanding.

Since then, there have been events that have taken place in relation to certain astrological occurrences that have been far too precise and weird to be purely coincidental (at least, from my perspective).

Even my partner who was very scientific and anti religion/anti metaphysics started to see the patterns and accuracy of it.

So yeah, I buy into it, although I don't fully understand the mechanism. I never thought to use it to determine best times to use psychedelics. That is an interesting concept for sure.

Last edited:
If I want some woo woo, I prefer I-ching, or just start a painting, and let the figure ground relationship guide me.

You can test astrology practically: growing vegetables, for example. Anyone can do sprouting experiments correlating with the lunar cycles and see the results by himself.

whatever you think is true when you are stoned, so if you believe in astrology and use the symbols from that in your thinking then they are relevant in your mind and life, even if they are meaningless to another person without that part of culture....

for us here it would be part of mindset, and if astrological objects are in the trip-space then it is also part of setting.

mindset interprets the ongoing universe, so no point in denying what is part of your cosmology, setting triggers cascades of mental activity.

I don’t often extricate myself from the woodwork to come out and make a post, but this is the first time I’ve seen this thread and I feel compelled to throw something out there.
I was of the mindset that astrology was complete friggin’ hogwash for decades. But my interest in Jung brought me tangentially to a book that laid out something rather curious. This book on archetypes made an offhand reference to the work of Richard Tarnas (who worked with Grof on this whole endeavor pertaining to astrological transits and altered states), and included an incredibly brief endnote that made me question my vehement skepticism. I won’t go into what it was precisely, but I’ll just say that it illuminated the dominant themes of epochal periods of my life.
So I had to check out Tarnas. The astrology he puts forth is Archetypal Astrology; it should not be confused with the rubbish astrology that is indeed out there, telling you that you’ll injure your leg or come into an inheritance next month. It is not your magazine horoscope. Archetypal astrology is about psychological experience, and these archetypes are multidimensional and multivalent in how they can be experienced.
As any intellectually honest skeptic should, I investigated the practice myself. I spent months (yeah, I had some free time) merely acquainting myself with the archetypes and how they might interact with one another (because we are not dealing with something so simple as your birth sign). I leaned to use the basic 10 astrological bodies (some use more, but I am not yet convinced of their validity) and understand the differences in angularities along with multi-body interactions. Long story short, I started trying to see if there was any truth in it. At first, I erected the birth charts of people I was familiar with, people with whom I could speak to help me understand. I then moved on to people I did not know directly, like friends of friends, so that I could offer a blind interpretation and see whether that meshed with how the person was.
And I found, over the course of drawing up roughly 150 natal charts by hand and trying to interpret them, that there absolutely was something there. And I really didn’t feel great about that; I felt like I was forced to admit that it was valid to some degree. I felt that having to incorporate this into my world view was a bit uncomfortable. I had always prided myself on being “scientific,” and here I was engaging in quackery and ending up convinced of its reality. It was rough, and I certainly ended up on the receiving end of some eye-rolls.
But I’ve come to accept it. Before setting out on a trip, I do consult my ephemeris to see what transits might be occurring so that I might understand what kind of thematic material might present itself. Grof himself admitted the irony that the only thing that could reasonably predict the content of a holotropic state was something even more controversial (astrology) than his own research.

I’ll always encourage people to keep an open mind. To those who might be curious about the subject I’d recommend the following books:
Cosmos & Psyche by Richard Tarnas
The Archetypal Cosmos by Keiron LeGrice
Pathways to Wholeness by Renn Butler (this book deals exclusively with the effect of transits on holotropic states of consciousness)

Anyhow, I’m rambling...
In short, I’d like people to consider that astrology is not what they might have thought it to be, it was certainly the case with me.

Astrology is legit.

Also check out the systems Human Design and Gene Keys. Both are similar, and quite complementary actually, as well as astrologically based. Human Design synthesizes astrology, the I Ching, and other systems.

Neutrinos is what the Human Design guy says
How is astrology factual, truthful, or valid?