• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

I also wanted to see if anyone has noticed a difference in THC, affecting their bup' when consuming edibles, opposed to smoking. Anyone with an experience, or thought on this, feel free to post away!

- Hopeless soul

I got around two gram of Dr.Who from GNA genetics hopefully enough for another day if not till Monday, which I doubt.

I definitely get better sleep with edibles due to a much slower rate of effect wearing off, but it's not as potent. Pretty much smoking is 100% wearing off around 6 hours and edibles being 50%-75% wearing off 12 hours.

Edit: Just cause you smoke a lot doesn't mean you can eat a lot too. Make sure to have a none THC high CBD to reverse extreme effects, but possibly potentiate it.

Also a field requires outdoor space and indoor requires a clean room and money.

^ Thanks for the insight taco!
I'm really curious to find out how edibles compare to smoking, when it comes to the potentiation of bup', so..
I made a batch of special rice crispy treats, so i'll be the guinea pig tonight! I prefer rice crispy treats over brownies, 'cause it seems like the THC "sticks" to the butter more efficiently. I've been taking my sub intranasally lately, which seems to have immediate effects, any opinions on when I should consume the rice crispy treat, in accordance to my bup' dose? I realize beforehand, I'm looking for a specific time table. Any insight would be appreciated! I'll report my findings about this edibles+bup', later tonight.

ps: I couldnt have had a better post for #420! ;]

- 7nos SS373dOH

Last edited:
The problem could be the temperature you cool your brownies. It shouldn't go higher than 360 and I would keep an oven closer to 325 and just let it cook longer or turn it up at the end as I'm sure the oven gets hotter than the temp it's set to. Plus the metal pan can overheat it destroying your actives. Cannabis cooking is near a lab experience as well as one in the kitchen, which are quite similar with one focusing in the microscopic scale vs macroscopic. There's many variables to make it just right.

@ Taco, I decided to do rice crispy treats in lieu of brownies. Ever have them?

I know they turned out good, I'm just wondering about when to consume them, so the THC peak simultaneously as the bup' does. Bear in mind my roa is IN, so the bup' plasma levels peak around 20-40 minutes.

@ Tightly, I dont see a double post, did you delete it or something? Either way, youre forgiven bud lol :]

- Hopeless Soul

you IV your GABA? or am I reading that wrong and you only IV the zubsolv? if you IV your GABA that is a big mistake; I understand being addicted to the needle and all; I was once IV'ing Seroquel before bed - lol. but the GABA would be a waste in many ways, esp. if you are doing the 600MG pills and busting those open in a needle for each shot, which is 3 shots a day. also, if you are looking for any type of high, you are betting off taking all 3 600MG pills in the AM; which is what I do. I am scripted 1800MG/day and take all 3 pills in the AM; all orally and seem to work the best. piece of advice? let a day or two go by where you take your lowest dose - only 600MG in the AM; then on day 3 take those extra 2400MG you did not take the prior 2 days and add it on to the 1800MG; then you take the full dosage in the AM and you will actually feel a bit more lively; its something I do once in a while but usually max out around 3200MG. I've read somewhere anything above 3200MG seems to be a waste and have always stuck w/ that but there are surly days I will get a much better "feel" form taking the 3200MG that day as opposed to the 1800MG I am typically scripted.

give it a shot; let me know if you get a good feel or what!?

no I just IV the zubsolv. man those gaba pills are huge I'd never put them in a rig.
I'm not really looking to abuse my gabapentin -- I don't enjoy the buzz from it that much, GABA drugs have never really done it for me. I HATE benzos recreationally as well as alcohol. the only one I like is pregabalin. the gabapentin high is not awful but not something I have any desire to chase. the ONLY thing I want is some fucking relief from this crippling ass anxiety that plagues me. I would kill for a benzo. 20-30mg valium works wonders on my anxiety but I do not "feel" it as far as any kind of intoxication goes, I wish I could get a scrip for it. my current psychiatrist "does not believe in benzos" and because I have a history of opiate addiction refuses to prescribe me anything that could be even vaguely considered abuseable. I had to go to the psych hospital and talk to the psychiatrist there to even get a scrip for gabapentin, that's how big of a stick up his ass my doctor has. but they wouldn't put me on a benzo either because they don't like to start people on benzos who have never been on them, especially so young -- they want to prevent as many people as they can from a lifetime of dependency. but fuck I'll be physically dependent on the gaba too, the withdrawals from that are shit so I've heard. and viibryd (vilazidone, SSRI antidepressant w/ a lot of norepinephrine action, the latter of which is what makes the w/d so unbearable) withdrawals are fucking AWFUL -- pretty much on par w/ opiate w/ds as far as misery but at least there's no damn akathisia. I'll be dependent on something no matter what, so why not a benzo so I could actually function in life?? I WANT to find a new psychiatrist so badly but ...my fucking anxiety is preventing me from doing it. fuck my life.
sorry this turned into a big long rant. I'm just so tired of basically being an adult child, totally nonfunctional adult because of my damn anxiety. the gaba only just barely takes the edge off but as least it's SOMETHING. the bupe helped my anxiety for the first few months but as my tolerance to it grew it no longer did. I just want to feel like a human is supposed to feel, not constantly terrified and completely paralyzed under any kind of even slight pressure because of how anxious it makes me. I can't do anything. I am a failure at life because of my anxiety and depression and I hate it. it just sucks to know that the right benzo at the right dose could probably make me at least halfway functional yet I am denied this because of my history as an pure OPIATE addict, not really anything else ...I mean I fucked around w/ a lot of drugs when I was a young teenager, I'd do literally anything that would change my mental state (but I avoided benzos because I tried them once and hated them), but since adulthood the ONLY drug I've done is IV opiates and weed and I don't even smoke anymore because weed makes my anxiety way worse. I hate this shit. seriously. I just needed to vent sorry.

@ Taco, I decided to do rice crispy treats in lieu of brownies. Ever have them
Yea first time I made edibles I pulled two gallon Ziploc bags worth into a pot of butter with water for the 4 hours about then made one tray of rice crispies I idiotically finished by lunch after a night of cooking.... Never been that stoned like zombified zonked benzo feeling. Was just wired especially waking up the next morning... Until another bowl.

I have a bad habit with subs, whether tex's or oxone's i like to iv them. Dont like waiting for the relief to come and the subliginual route just seems to take so much more to work proper. Whoever was on here talking about plugging their subs please pm me, i know its awful and all that but i dont want to iv them anymore and also want a fast ROA with a high BA. When im lucky enough to get a form of sub pills or the tex's i always try to just put them up my nose, which is enjoyable for me and i only need 2mg to feel fine, even after a 2week to month long dope binge. Also if i only have the strips i WILL iv my first dose after a dope binge but always wait 24 hours and at most go through 30mins of pwd (which i can bare through) before the relief hits rather than waiting 2+ hours for the sublingual effects. Now i do find that smoking with subs in me tends to potentiate the subs. I also keep my sub dose low no matter what and will not go over 2mg in a 24 hour period.

After somewhere between 4 and 5 years completely clean a friend showed me how to IV a sub and i did a 2mg piece and it was honestly the highest ive ever been in my life from opiates. After a few mins i thought i didnt do enough, then at around 10 mins i felt real good and after 15 mins i was drooling on myself and ended up nodding out for 12 hours solid. If i take a good 5-7 days off of all opiates invluding subs (which hasnt happened in quite awhile) and i IV a piece of a sub between 1 and 2 mg i will get decently high from it. After a long dope binge when i am just maintaining on bupe the only thing it does beside get rid of my WD symptoms is give me an amazing energy boost that helps tremendously in the morning for work.

Like i said above though, whoever used to plug their subs if you read this (or anyone who has done so effectively) please pm me as ive never done it with anything let alone subs and would really much rather do that than keep destroying my veins. I have been iv'ing subs off and on for 2 years now and im sure my veins are hating me and im lucky to still have all my veins and limbs still intact . I just really need a way of getting fast action and good BA from the strips since snorting a liquid like some of you say you do is out of the question as i can NOT do that, i cant even look upwards while underwater since when water shoots up my nose it goes right to my throat and gags me and i feel like im drowning and would just cough out the liquid or blow it right back out my nose, simply put, i cant put liquids in my nose. Plugging subs sounds very promising as a much much safer route of doing these horrid tasting strips. Im too impatient to wait the wait for sublingual effect and NEED to STOP mainlining these so im honestly praying someone pms me with some more info on this. I know there are plugging topics but havent seen one on subs specifically so figured ide leave a reply here.

Sorry i went OT a bit, saw lots of sub talk and a good alternative to my current vein destruction so i figured ide ask.

@ Tightly, hey dont apologize for the rant! Thats one of the great things about this website, we can come on here, bitch and complain about our problems and vent! And I dont mind one bit if it happens in this thread, I actually encourage it! So if you, or anybody else reading this, has some shit they have to get off their chest, POST AWAY! And your psychiatrist is a complete dick! Wtf? Benzos are usually an easy 'script to obtain, and with your anxiety issues, it should be a no brainer! I hate how opiate addicts/ ex opiate addicts, get treated like subhumans! "Nope, you abused opiates years ago, so no medication for you, you deserve to suffer." Its ridiculous.. I hope you find a new psychiatrist, that has some empathy for you.

- Hopeless Soul

Lol, Taco I couldnt imagine how stoned you were from that! Did you have any hallucinations/visuals from that??

- Hopeless soul

Believe it or not, benzos are actually not too easy to get a script for around here, even though quite a few people have them, its still pretty hard, and if you have a past of drug abuse it is impossible to find a psych to script them for you. Wish it were easier as my anxiety has just been getting worse and worse since it started after a bad car accident when i was 9. Right now its to the point that my insomnia is insane and ive recently got into ice as i cant sleep anyway and the euphoria is nice once in awhile and it boost my mood drastically, just need to make sure to have a few benzos with me to prevent or incase of a panic attack.

Wish i could test out some more thc/bupe combos with better info but unfortunately where i live there is not even any medical let alone recreation. So whatever you buy you have no idea wtf it is or its thc %. You either go by whatever random name the kid selling it tells you (and it seems everyone who sells around here is in highschool or fresh out as the older generations get into heroin or some form of scripted pills and forget about weed and pass down their dealings to the younger generation) and you can usually never trust a single name or word one of those kids say except for one or two that get some medical shipped to them with a label intact which is nice. Shits pricey out here though unless its homegrown since most old heads around here grow it themselves and would rather smoke the home grown than spend extra money for some exotic shit.

Hey doesntlearn, welcome to thread! This is where all the cool people are hanging out lol. Here's a thread on plugging suboxone. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/322147-Plugging-Suboxone I hope you find the info you need there! But feel free to go into detail on how THC affected your bupe dose, and maybe your theory as to why it synergizes so well, on this thread.

- Hopeless soul

Oh thank you for that kind sir, i know what ill do once instart feeling sick. Need to find an old pin and chop off the tip since im too lazy to go get an oral suringe but im sure ive got a few old crusty ones laying around here somewhere. Shit i found one i had stashed from '08 recently so im sure ive got a newer one here to use. Guess ill just prepare it as if i was going to mainline but instead of hitting a vein ill hit the browneye. My main issue is from my years of heroin, subs, and various other opiates, i am constantly quite constipated and laxatives make me want to die for a few hours and im not going to use an enema. Im not sure if i should just go for it since i did shit today or to wait out my withdrawl till i shit my brains out and then fire away. My supply is limited so im really not trying to waste any so i guess ill just use 1mg at first and see what happens. Thanks again for that link. Im down to do anything dirty just to not taste that nasty shit or wait the sickness out for the duration while it kicks in. Especially since my usual dose time is when i wake up before work and i only really have 45mins between waking up and starting work and nothing is worse than going to work early morning while sick which is one reason i continued to IV subs for as long as i did. Although i have no excuse for doing it over the winter besides pure habit and needle fixation. Fixing my dirty junkie habits day by day just to be a little safer and possibly extend my life expentency, and also veins/limbs for drugs that actually provide a good rush and high lol. Sorry for all the OT posts just been flying on ice and bored out of my mind so im on a research/posting spree tonight lol

I also wanted to see if anyone has noticed a difference in THC, affecting their bup' when consuming edibles, opposed to smoking. Anyone with an experience, or thought on this, feel free to post away!

- Hopeless soul

I've missed heaps! Away for a day of dance comps and the chat thread takes off.

I was going to say also. As well as the thc giving me some small measure of that ooiate euphoria, I find about an hour after smoking and dosing, I get this hour or 2 or super calm clarity, where everything feels perfect. Can safety say im going to have an ever increasing weed habit again for as long as im on the subs ?

Oh and for plugging, I think that was me. I have used an oral syringe a couple of times but I don't bother now. Jusr use the strip as is.

I read all about doing it proper. Honestly i would just dose earlier than needed to avoid the long onset when used SL but that taste is something i just cant fucking stand and will do anything to avoid. Never thought about stickin it up there until reading this and im very happy i did because im sure after how much ive IV'ed this shit with just a cotton filter that my veins absolutely fucking hate me. Let alone everything else ive shoved in them over the years. My next dose should be right about nowbut im trying to push it as long as i can before doing it, also just did my last whack of shards that i had left so im feeling pretty damn good right now.

I also get that good 2 hours of feeling content and happy after smoking a bit, usually 30-45 mins after iv'ing my subs or putting them up my nose since its really the only ways ive done it and only blow them when im lucky enough to get some tex or some generic oxone pills and i do enjoy doing them that way but its not too often that i can get pills and usually i just get shitty strips which i dread because until now it meant banging them and i couldnt help but think of the damage ide do with each plunge. It actually would make me cringe each time, understandably... Im done with that though, ive been trying to figure a way out of it without taking them proper, or tasting them in any way at all, shit i hate when i taste them after banging a piece...

Now my only question is when i would IV a piece ide do either a 1/8 or 1/4 of an 8mg strip and ise dilute it with about 50units of water. When plugging should inuse the same amount of water or more water or what? Ide use 50 units whether it was a 1/8 or 1/4 and it always seemed to work fine so ide assume ide be fine plugging it that way? I read people usong 3ml of water and that just seems excessive... Any advice on that?

@ doesntlearn, youre welcome bud,.I hope that link helped you out some. I havent had any personal experience on plugging suboxone, (AE is the thread's resident suboxone plugging expert haha ;]), but I would say try using as little water as possible. But hey good on you for not IVing them! I know it can be hard not to use needles, but suboxone films have so much crap in them, theyre just not that suitable to be put in a vein!

@ AE, yeah I was wondering where you were at. But I suppose the kids come before the bupe thread! We'll let it slide this one time lol ;) And I know what youre saying about that 2 hour period of calmness and clarity, but also that period really helps the bupe, cut the cravings down for other opiates!

- Hopeless soul

First day in a few that I've been able to medicate for bed.... Rather than tossing and turning all night I slept waking up only once because I just passed out on my back and slept in till ten after rolling on my side. I feel better than I have in days waking up. Like worlds different...

It could also be helpful I'm spitting instead of swallowing the spit

^ awesome bro! Did you get your cannabis? I only swallowed once, and got an extreme headache! Been spitting ever since! Wow that sounded bad ! Lol

- Hopeless