• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe The effect of THC on Buprenorphine.

I'm baffled how one poster claims to get high off .5-1mg, that's just crazy to think about.

Not crazy at all its just a tolerance thing :) I never used Heroin or other high potent opioids other than Levomethadone a few times. Only Tramadol, Tilidine, Codeine, DHC and Kratom most of the time so 1mg of Bupe gets me an energizing and very comfortable high. 0,5mg was always enough to maintain and not get WDs.
In my opinion Bupe is generally overprescribed if you think about its high potency (30-40x stronger than Morphine) and the main thing why people used to strong opioids don't get much out of it is the fact it is only a partial agonist.

Also when taking lower doses you metabolize more Norbuprenorphine which is a full agonist and such causes more recreational effects, so the phrase less is more is very true when it comes to Buprenorphine.

Completely non-tolerant people would be absolutely wasted by 0,5mg for at least 12 hours including puking and other symptoms associated with Opioid-ODs.

Sry for offtopic.

Last edited:
This is the main way I tried to do it too. (Way back when i first started on the program.). I guess it would work if it's not a drug you take all the time. I've snorted a lot of drugs (I even used to snort my benzos when I was on stupid doses as it felt like 'proper' drug use lol and I didn't want to go back to injecting) in my lifetime and I found it hard not to get the drip which would render it useless, so yeah, you have to be gentle. It's interesting that you felt it quicker that way as it still has to absorb through the membranes inside your nose, just like your mouth, Ahhh, drugs work so differently for everyone hey? But on 32mg I have no hope of ever getting high of bupe lol. But the weed, yes! Very surprising ??
Snorting benzos or shooting them will not work with conventional means. They are not water soluble so will not absorb.

^ I agree with this, however the addict in me, says to snort everything! So when I did snort xanax, I would do the exact opposite of snorting bup', and "pull" the drip down immediately, so most got.absorbed "orally".

- Hopeless 7nos

And 7nos, it's 4,58am, just woke up and going back to bed for an hour so this won't be too coherent most likely, but basically the way I metabolise opiates is different to many. In my half awake state I can't explain, reading this article I can't even remember if I am fast metaboliser or a poor metaboliser (though I have a fast metabolism as in calorie burning) meaning I don't effectinely metabolise opiates so they don't have their full effect so I need more. Even when j was getting up in the 20's I was waking up in unbearable pain/sweats/nausea/basically ooiate withdrawal every single day, hence he kept putting my dose up up up. At that stage I was having a few doses supervised (very early on, I have weekly pickup now and no supervised doses which has been the case for 2.5 years roughly) so dosing only once a day. My dr did not tell me if I split my dose it would work better. As soon as I started doing that, I was fine. So I suspect I could have stayed a lot lower had I known earlier. I know dose a few times a day.

Also, I was hospitalised a couple of times with painful pneumonia and they hospital not knowing what to give me for pain (they'd never even heard of suboxone but I told them opiates wouldn't work effectively and It wasn't a good idea for me to have them anyway, rang my sub dr and he just put my dose up for 'pain'. Grrr bupe does nothing for pain, especially when I was already at a high dose. And that's how I ended up at 32 and have been there ever since. I drop to 30 starting on the 1st of the month and will go from there.

The metabolism thing is explained here and has to do with certain enzymes etc. There are better articles but this one is about how some people are either fast or poor metabolisers of opiates and it talks about how opiate therapy (this one is mainly talking about for pain) would be more effective if tailored to the individual rather than the standard dosing currently used bit explains what im talking about a little.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2704133/

^ I agree with this, however the addict in me, says to snort everything! So when I did snort xanax, I would do the exact opposite of snorting bup', and "pull" the drip down immediately, so most got.absorbed "orally".
I get the concept, but it's even more a waste.... Stuff will be stuck in the nose and barely make it to the stomach. If you want faster absorbtion you need to powder the pill and dump the powder under the tounge.

I was using lots of oxy, other pills and drinking as well.
Honestly if you were a able to stay stable on heroin it would've been better as besides the oxy keeping you addicted you ended up with poly drug abuse issues. Ever tried bupe or done?

^ Yep AE, as I like call her/him, is at 32 mgs per day. (8mg 3x/day)

@ AE; Interesting link, thanks! And I'm suprised the hospital staff didn't know what to do, and then your sub dr, saying bup' would be fine for analgesia? Wow.

Apparently fentanyl has a high enough binding affinity to be sufficient enough for pain reduction, in sub program patients.

- Hopeless Soul

Yea bupe will knock off subs, but no doctor will script fent with bupe plus it's going to lead to an outrageous tolerance.

Bupe for pain is a joke. I'm not in pain leaving me suicidal, but still enough to keep me from being able to easily get out of bed and function or even as a challenge. I have been talking it fucking 4x a day and still every 4 hours I'm in the beginning stages of withdrawals again and 5 hours my pain returns to be unbearable. The pain may not be pushing me to suicide, but definitely the lack of any stability yet pressure to go through PT even when the pain is too great for me to keep up with any exercise through the week leading to no improvement and weekly sessions that leave me unable to function for days without cannabis while with cannabis I can get up, but I'll still be in pain.

It helps resting pain slightly, but not active (breakthrough) pain. If I could get cannabis stably and subutex without the nauseating, headache, & withdrawal inducing nalaxone as I am having major issues I never had on the bupe only when I induced with that at a facility before being forced to suboxone outpatient as the people here are abusing the system sending pain patients to chemical dependancy facility for "quick easy access" and then giving them lables as drug seeking drug addict without control even if that is beyond far from the truth.

I am fucking sick of suboxone without it my life's hell and with it it's hell. I don't know what's going to happen at this point because my doctors just don't care about me as the legal system here does nothing for medical malpractice unless it's like a watch left in someone after surgery so if I'm neglected all that will happen is either I accept the neglect or go somewhere else and the drs get no reprocussion for not doing their job right leaving me screwed in the end while they continue getting paid for providing care that they really don't.

/End rant, but still miserable.

^ are you on bup' for pain management, or addiction management?

- Hopeless

Honestly if you were a able to stay stable on heroin it would've been better as besides the oxy keeping you addicted you ended up with poly drug abuse issues. Ever tried bupe or done?[/QUOTE]

I ended up way fucked up yes. I did end up buying heroin towards the end. If I had gone back to using a needle, I know I would not have stopped when I do. It's been 17 years since I've used that way and I still think about it. I nearly lost EVERYTHING - everything being my 5 beautiful children and husband plus my own life. I go from zero to 100 in a matter of days when I pick up, im a hopeless addict, I was nowhere near stable and heroin would have been the end of me and everything I love. That gram of heroin I paid for I got in the car to pick it up and somehow my husband found out and he said 'if you do what you're planning to do today im leaving with the kids.' It was the hardest thing I have ever done but I got out of the car and kissed that idea goodbye and checked myself into detox 10 days later (or something like that, memories of that time are foggy.). I had severe PTSD and those were dark times but I couldn't lose my family, I definitely would not have been better off with heroin. I've been there, before kids. I also would have lost my business which comes in a distant second to my family. I had myself convinced that I was only going to use H occasionally and I was only gojng to snort it. That was in my drug affected addict mind and 100% that would not have happened, not with H. Oxy for me doesn't even come close to heroin, which is why I was combining it with all those benzos, other pills and alcohol to try and somehow match that same euphoria, it never happened but I was doing eveything I could to avoid it even though that's what I really wanted. Im lucky I came through it with my life combining all those respitory depressants.

But Yep, I've been tapering the benzos for nearly 3 years and have been on subs the same amount of time and am stable. Starting to reduce very slowly from the 1st of the month but I have a long way to go and im scared of withdrawal. I've been suicidal too many times to count and I can't do that to my kids again and withdrawal really brings that on more than anything, though I can't stand the idea of being stuck of this crap forever.

Oh and 7nos I'm a her. :)

Last edited:
And yes bupe for pain is a joke. Especially when you're already on a high dose. Now I recall it wasn't even my dr that ordered the increase for 'pain', it was the head of practice at the private clinic I go to.

Anyway, haha way off track. Yes, I find weed good with bupe surprisingly enough!

^ are you on bup' for pain management, or addiction management?

- Hopeless
Pain management, but had to initiate through Chem dependancy that scripted until my doctor could. I expressed that I don't agree with the drug seeking addiction lables, but acknowledge dependancy that when unmanaged leads to desperate action to manage it that is labled as addiction as it's use a doctor didn't provide, but is not fit a rush, to get high, and itch n' nod all of which I dislike. Opiates remove tension and tightness while reducing pain like no other, but because of their reputation even crying in the office in pain begging to provide something that gives me relief and doesn't force me to stay dependant on cannabis I can't afford and would be too expensive to get standardized vs bud n hash. Pretty much the difference of using opium or tar/gunpowder of unknown composition vs prescribed standardized pharmacutical compound.

Basically my last run is going on after quitting for a month last year only for a hospital to tell me to go back on it only for my doctor to mismanage and treat me like an addict the next two months until I hit by a car trying to kill myself as my doctor did not make sure to get my refill sent to the pharmacy as I was out and even with an ambulance taking me to the ER telling the doctors to help me with my pain and that I was not a drug seeker only for the doctor to refuse narcotics and blame me for not having any when I made it clear it was out of my control and did everything I could to get my medication. I ended up walking out announcing I was going to kill myself where the nurse station only responded in laughter and let me walk out hitting my head on the wall on my way out because of the laughter and hoping I would die there only to stroll out without anyone even trying to help me. I ended up hit by a car going 30-40 mph and after the psych ward stay my doctor stopped acting like he was only treating addiction and allowed me to 60 mg opana 5-10 mg a dose 6x for breakthrough and 60+30+30 mg oxycotin for matinance, which I finally stabilized at only for my doctor to retire cutting me off cold turkey back in the beginning of October as I continued just to be considered a drug seeking drug addict, which literally has been the final straw pushing me to rock bottom.

I only got on subs in hoping for pain relief and stability, but have not been able to stabilize on the suboxone as I somewhat did with bupe as without cannabis I get withdrawal symptoms, headaches, and time nausea on top of no relief from multiple issues one being described as sciatic pain in my right leg. I could possibly be stable with cannabis, but it requires 1/4 at least of 18%+ bud that is more indica giving insomnia & pain relief, but most majorly muscle tremors that cause me constant shaking plus 100 mg THC lab tested (@kooalatedibles on Twitter if you want to drool) in edibles for bed every night, which total comes about 80$ a week (not discussing individual pricing, but how much it cost me a week to stay mostly stable). It doesn't sound like much, but for someone who's identity was stolen for over $6,000, abused, and raped without ever getting support or even aid to move away from the SRO where I was raped and where the rapist still lives while the police did nothing, but accuse me of being high, seeking sex, and trying to use police as revenge for not getting what I wanted when in reality I tried taking etizolam, morphine, tar, and rum and when that didn't kill me I tried buying cigarettes for the first and only time in desperation to distract me from the fact that I couldn't kill myself as I've made effort too many times due to chronic pain and life challenges that aren't just temporary and have stolen my life that leaving me unable to move on.

I've been allowed into pain management, aloud to become dependant, and then cut off cold turkey being pushed to methadone, which after I tried I ended up completely unstable, buying razorblades to try to kill myself, and finally even after I was off the methadone I cut my wrist during a time I was being abused by my family, and suboxone because in the doctors opinion it works for pain and is less complicated than pain management yet obviously has only made my life worse.....

I can't even get fucking herb the one week I can't fford it because even though it's medical it's treated as a commodity only reserved for those who work and can afford it like Nixon would say to rationalize alcohol and tobacco use while demonizing cannabis use. Without herb I'm going into withdrawals and getting no pain relief yet if I don't take the sub it will get so bad I'll try to kill myself no matter how much I attempt to push myself through it as I'm going through it alone.

This is because after everything I've been through can't trust anyone following getting raped because someone offered in a time I was not in the right mind to make a decision to start screwing around and hoping just for a shoulder massage and to not be alone thinking about my failed suicide attempt it didn't take me much consideration to say yes where if I did consider things I would never have responded to them saying hello when I was coming back to the hotel from buying cigarettes for the same reason I let him in.

I might have been in collage moving towards a Ph.D in psych and in good physical & mental health had proper medical care from the start rather than neglect and accusations of drug abuse as my parents neglected me as it I was a heroin shooting crack smoker for medical cannabis use and very light psychedelic use, which I can't even engage in now if I wanted to as it only brings me to focus on my pain and inability to function leading me to question the value of life and mine in general being neglected by the world as I constantly make effort to strive as an individual supporting oneself I'm treated as nothing better than a selfish leech as I always need support as the lack of support leads to suicidal ideation yet if I admit anything of suicidal ideation yet not the point of intent the response will be go to psych emergency when thats only for those with intent, ER that usually ends up with me seeing extremely condisending staff who leave me with suicidal intent after seeing then and failing to get any response that no one will work with me and I need to go to my doctor who at this point won't be in until next week, or wait for the public care doctor who hasn't seen me once since starting me in subs 2-3 months ago. The ER will act like everything must be fine if I can get to the hospital and to continue waiting for my doctor and look for community resources, which are not available being completely overloaded with all the homeless in this city where I let them know I don't have resources and the ones they give me are inappropriate while they act like it's not their responsibility they are just supposed to get be breathing and walking out the door.

I'm waiting even now for a call from the health office and getting none. I'm really fucking sick of never getting real sleep as I go to bed in pain with muscle spasms only to wake up withdrawing, in pain, and extreme muscle spasm with tension. Anyone having to live like this would consider suicide I don't care what fucking Zen master someone thinks they are as anyone who been what I have gone through would have killed themselves a long time ago. I would've already succeeded if I wasn't afraid of my last moments alive being miserable torture rather than a general entry to eternal sleep yet the more I go through my life the less I care how it happens and just that I want to it happen not because of just my life problems, but the fact I don't want to be apart of this planet or life in general. I'm just tired and sick if everything and want peace that seems impossible to find in life now making it seem as if I've never had a sense of peace and only false sense of saftey and care.

This world is just a fucked up place and I don't want to be apart of as the majority seem to just accept this lifestyle and that it can't change so just get used to it rather than finding peace so everyone can find and reciece the lifestyle that feels right for them. The only thing that feels right for me now is the idea of eternal slumber, but the act of dying doesn't feel right at least the ways I have available and tried. Hopefully something changes, but after 5 years of individual effort and 19 more years of supported effort I'm pretty much ready to give up hope, which seems to easy with the fent analogs available that I've avoided not only due to dependancy risk.

^ Wow! Thats a rough ride, I dont care what anybody says! You have my empathy bud!.< which a lot of medical professionals seem not to have! It sounds like a new doctor, for fresh start seems prudent. Your current one is treating you like shit, and you deserve better than that! Have you seen a therapist or counceling, for your other issues? And if you ever have those serious thoughts of suicide, dont hesitate to pm me, and we can talk through them. I wont bullshit you like some, and say life will be all peaches and butterflies, sometimes life is too overwhelming for me too, but just talking about your issues helps!

- Hopeless soul

I have tried everything... I'm just not even able to talk about it or life in general. It always leads me back to thinking of past trauma that I end up ruminating on it. At this point I do my best to keep myself distracted, being as active as I can that honestly isn't much anymore, and hopefully sleep through the pain. Without cannabis though I toss and turn every half hour or so with only half hours rest at most. I'm always fatigued because of this leading my tension to ever loosen up keeping my chronic pain at excruciating levels.

Also this is a new doctor as the just two where after my one good Dr retired after another two doctors in between them and my pediatric physician who saw me till I was around 19-20. The answer is find money to go buy the legal medical cannibis I could obtain if I was not broke, but sadly thats not happening and no place here truly cares about making sure patients get their medications whether or not they can pay at the time.

Snorting benzos or shooting them will not work with conventional means. They are not water soluble so will not absorb.

ugh so many of the kids around here love to talk about how fucked up they get from "snorting xanax." makes me roll my eyes. and if you try to explain to them that xanax/any benzo does not absorb through the intranasal membranes and they are only getting the vaguest effect of the benzo from what drips down their throat they swear you are completely wrong and they get way more fucked up snorting them than eating them and that that's the "hardcore" way to do it. it's pointless to even say anything but I often can't resist.

ugh so many of the kids around here love to talk about how fucked up they get from "snorting xanax." makes me roll my eyes. and if you try to explain to them that xanax/any benzo does not absorb through the intranasal membranes and they are only getting the vaguest effect of the benzo from what drips down their throat they swear you are completely wrong and they get way more fucked up snorting them than eating them and that that's the "hardcore" way to do it. it's pointless to even say anything but I often can't resist.

Hmm, well aside from the fact im a 38 year old married mother of 5 and was a business owner at the time, im far from a 'kid ;) ' and on this thread, both of us who have said we did that have agreed how pointless it is and well aware at the time as well, it was just something I did throughout the day after taking my large oral doses. And if you take the time to read my post as I am the one who brought that up, it has ZERO to do with being 'hardcore' lol lol. Being 'hardcore' is not something I wish to be and my relapse was hell. I was taking a shit load of Benzos and opiates while suffering severe mental illness (including PTSD after nearly losing my baby daughter) the great majority orally. Have no desire to be hardcore anything except hardcore in recovery and a hardcore kick ass mother and member of society ;).

Tacodude. I feel for you. It's an absolutely horrid way to live. I've been through very similar and feel that way a lot (though better these days but still have extremely dark moments where living does not seem an option) so I can definitely empathise. With the whole inadequate health care system too, it made me so much worse for a long time. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to offload.

^ I dont think tightly was coming down on us for the xanax thing.

Lol AE,."hardcore in recovery and a hardcore mother" < that made me laugh so hard!, youre awesome! =]

- Hopeless

Taco I hope youre feeling better.tonight! What has your doctor.said about a cannabis 'script?

- hopeless soul

You must not be that old.... Even at 25 so many people who use act that way, but nowadays most just listen and tell me I'm smart and how I've educated them until they get sick of it and start telling me they use drugs to feel good and get high not to know what they do. It's life many believe ignorance is bliss, which is an attitude that definitely allowed the drug war and even date rape... Acting like ignoring any pot and illegal drugs while only using pharms as doctors say is what leads people to not know about roofies in liquor, analogs in X pills, nbombs instead of LSD, crack instead of cocaine, PCP laced substances, and more. It's not just say no, but just say know as only you know what's right and wrong for yourself in the end and everyone else will just be making their best educated guess of observations and your words as well as if they accept your words or the opposite based upon prejudice usually. The doctors aren't just there to tell you how to be treated, but to suggest options and listen to what the patient expresses their needs are as well as if they agree their is possibility for benefit or not based on factual evidence and not just patient or doctors opinion, experiences, or education and to connect the patient to that support. Not just tell them to go find it themselves, which is very much the case nowadays.
Taco I hope youre feeling better.tonight! What has your doctor.said about a cannabis 'script?

- hopeless soul
Where I live cannabis is heavily accepted.... Most drug use is. Walk pretty much anywhere downtown you'll find a junkie usually homeless shooting up, smoking crack, or having meth bubble pasd around circles on the street where like 15 get together on payday and pass three bubbles around block after block really. It's pretty fucked up as no one uses psychedelics here when this used to be a psychedelic Mecca... Now it's just a trash pit of hard drug, homeless struggle, and a huge separation of class where the poor whether or not drug addicted are dehumanized to accept a lesser level of care because they aren't worth what someone more privilege that was able to stably grow up, go to school, and get a job even if that job only hurts people paying more while the real necessity jobs are either underpaid and if not it's a family protected position that hires one generation to the next. Not to mention methadone clinics, cannabis dispensaries, and the likes are popping up more than McDonald's. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at this point this city has more methadone clinics than McDonald's.

Still even in an area with so much accepted drug use that cops ignore, unless it's dealing or large amounts, and still ignorance is so prevailible that one dependant on drugs for pain even if using responsibly is treated no different and cut off their pain meds and told to go into suboxone or methadone at dependancy facilities because the staff has less risk of losing their license providing it quickly even though it's 1 to 2 doses a day maximum where optional pain management dosing is every 6 hours. If the one dose doesn't hold they expect someone to increase the dose chasing a level and full day of pain relief that just won't happen no matter what dose turning what was a dependancy for medical reasons that left one functional to an addict that is not functional getting minimal relief pressuring to seek from the street or anything.

Don't get me started about the tar around here as usually even for someone non tolerant a quarter gram is likely not even a rush just a high while it takes most regular users anywhere got 0.5-3.5 grams depending on quality where the highest still takes half for an average user and a gram for a heavy user. I tried going back to it after subs and just could not get relief even after 2-3 days of no subs so now rather than being dependant on opiates to manage my pain making me functional I'm addicted to the suboxone that does not manage my pain only because I'm afraid to stop the only "pain med" I can stably obtain, which I can not with cannabis even as a patient as it's too costly and I'm on ssi so I don't get much money at all and no help from the family towards it as they just won't buy it for me even if it's beneficial and we both agree it helps because they just can't get over the idea that it's pot as they're very Nixonian in their drug understanding and beliefs.

Hopefully I'll get a bowl later tonight and was able to sample some vape pens I probably should've gone back for, but I don't know when that might happen and am not relying on it. My doctors out of the office until Monday and no one at the office will work with me and instead push me to go to urgent care or ER when they know that those places can do even less than my PCP office. Just fucking hurting now as always.

Last edited: