• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Poppy Pods & Seeds Thread v1 - Watch Out For the Mould!!!

bastard weathers turning JUST at the wrong moment ! :X

My friend has done a kind of Bear Grylls lash-up shelter to stopp them getting too saturated, but they're not gonna get any light at all now. Not sure what to do for the best. :?

Last edited:
HAHA I thought of the rain fucking up any poppy pickings LOL@Bear Grylls commenent,,,he's manner than man! OOOZES MAN!

What affect will the rain this morning have on picking pods for tea if I go out on a search now?

they really are beautiful flowers. I'm going to get the ground ready for a huge harvest next year.

Think I'm going to get a few kilos of seed for P.somniferum var. Giganteum for next year's pod crop, heard people are getting blipped from just 2-4 pods. Or better yet, try to find some kind of huge agricultural sack of same, and just scatter then on wasteland, or somewhere out of the way of prying, scrumping eyes and fingers. Perhaps some little warning signs marked with something like 'warning...ten pods amongst this crop have been injected with enough sodium fluoroacetate to kill a bull elephant ten times over, and its a horrible, slow, incurable, painful way to croak...so...fuck off nickin' me' pods'

Of course, no need to actually spike any pods with poison. You wouldn't make any smack from those pods would you though?=D

when is the best time to pull the pods off for drying? I have a decentish harvest this year, and they're drier than they were last year. I'm off for a brew now. The smell of it gives me the gear shivers.

It's absolutely delicious is this tea in that sick sort of way. them things that taste bad because they are good for you.

Last edited:
Just made a brew and had the bright idea of adding lime juice to the pot then pouring it through a britta filter. Lime = acidity to aid extraction. Fuck knows if that makes any sense, but it tastes a lot nicer than usual and it went through the filter a lot quicker than it goes through coffee filters. 15 mins and I'll know if it's worked.

Edit: Yes it's worked very nicely, only steeped the grounds for about a minute too! Result. New process. Update your files.

Last edited:
I've always found just basically eating the ground up pod matter far more potent than tea, that said I have not tried this Lime business, so may have a crack at the tea.

I am on a taper off them now though haha. :D

Only got some rather crappy seeds here at the moment. I have a rather low opiate tolerance and 500g of good seeds usually gets me to a nod if I throw in a benzo or a couple of beers - this stuff I had to drink a whole kilo to get feeling nice, and I'm sure some of you guys with higher tolerances wouldn't even get anything from these.

Oh well, feeling pretty nice though :) and just popped 5mg of Diazepam under the tongue, first time trying Diazepam though I'm a fan of benzos so should make a nice combo. :D

Out of curiosity, any of you guys ever order seeds in bulk amounts? Worth doing? I've been considering it for a while since good seeds are so hard to get around here lately and I may as well order some online.

Only got some rather crappy seeds here at the moment. I have a rather low opiate tolerance and 500g of good seeds usually gets me to a nod if I throw in a benzo or a couple of beers - this stuff I had to drink a whole kilo to get feeling nice, and I'm sure some of you guys with higher tolerances wouldn't even get anything from these.

Oh well, feeling pretty nice though :) and just popped 5mg of Diazepam under the tongue, first time trying Diazepam though I'm a fan of benzos so should make a nice combo. :D

Out of curiosity, any of you guys ever order seeds in bulk amounts? Worth doing? I've been considering it for a while since good seeds are so hard to get around here lately and I may as well order some online.

I chuck my seeds away. Have tried them before but a) The taste is disgusting and b) I'd need a fuck load of them as the time I tried them I did plenty.

If I could be arsed and was not looking to stop using them - which I currently am as currently tapering and doing ok - I would use them for a grow, but that again would be to just use the ground up pod 'flesh'.

Basically I only see the seeds as useful for growing, not consuming them. I'm surprised some people seem to get high off them. That said, maybe I would if I had no previous experience of mid/strong opi's.

I brought 1kg of Gigantium pods...I have to say i'm rather dissapointed as I have had 15 of them and just felt really tired for days...no euphoria or warm rushes :S I further experianced with 5 pods. then 10 etc but I have to say the normal sized pods I got from gardens where much better than these and I didn't have many! Also opium sap oozed from the crown which i collected quite an impressive amount on foil and smoked it H style which had a nice effect ontop of the pods but underwhelming alone.

Soo whats up?! Are they just shitty pods from a vendor? They where the cheapest I could find online.

Also how long do you guys let your grinds soak for? I use a coffee maker with the plunger...I;m sure I read if you leave them to steep to long the dried straw soaks up alot of liquid?

Also I've used water boiled from the kettle...the temp from a coffee reading gauge says the waters about 60degrees after being poured into a thermo glass.
I usually then pour the water into a pint glass, let cool for awhile longer, add lemon juice to both the water and pods in the coffee maker then just pour the water in. It steams but must be about 50 degrees. I've also tried just pouring the boiled water straight in with no difference to effects really?!

After steeping, stirring and cooling down I push the plunger down as far as it goes...never getting a full pint glass. I've taken the remaining pod putty and squeezed it through a filter (very messy) I usually then do a couple more brews as the water is still very dark. The taste isn't as vial as people report...certainly not as bad as say a codiene CWE remains. It is bitter but bearable, kinda like green tea but stronger.

I also ate 10grams of ground pods..again underwhelming! I thought I might OD at first since I've never had gigantiums and they are fucking huge!

I've saved all the seeds mind and plan to plant them for next year, but if these pods where shite the seeds will likely grow shite pods also? There pretty anyway I guess!

I do have a fair tolerance to opiates but nothing major. Also taken these on 600mg codeine (which I know is a bad idea with the codeine ceiling dose and OD) but I never got the opiate itches or anything!

Ground the last 20 up, had 10 earlier and 10 left :/ bit dissapointed.

Anybody else enjoy rampaging their neighbourhoods for fresh pods? Havn't done it for donkeys, but I scored 9 kgs one year.

I brought 1kg of Gigantium pods...I have to say i'm rather dissapointed as I have had 15 of them and just felt really tired for days...no euphoria or warm rushes :S I further experianced with 5 pods. then 10 etc but I have to say the normal sized pods I got from gardens where much better than these and I didn't have many! Also opium sap oozed from the crown which i collected quite an impressive amount on foil and smoked it H style which had a nice effect ontop of the pods but underwhelming alone.

Soo whats up?! Are they just shitty pods from a vendor? They where the cheapest I could find online.

Also how long do you guys let your grinds soak for? I use a coffee maker with the plunger...I;m sure I read if you leave them to steep to long the dried straw soaks up alot of liquid?

Also I've used water boiled from the kettle...the temp from a coffee reading gauge says the waters about 60degrees after being poured into a thermo glass.
I usually then pour the water into a pint glass, let cool for awhile longer, add lemon juice to both the water and pods in the coffee maker then just pour the water in. It steams but must be about 50 degrees. I've also tried just pouring the boiled water straight in with no difference to effects really?!

After steeping, stirring and cooling down I push the plunger down as far as it goes...never getting a full pint glass. I've taken the remaining pod putty and squeezed it through a filter (very messy) I usually then do a couple more brews as the water is still very dark. The taste isn't as vial as people report...certainly not as bad as say a codiene CWE remains. It is bitter but bearable, kinda like green tea but stronger.

I also ate 10grams of ground pods..again underwhelming! I thought I might OD at first since I've never had gigantiums and they are fucking huge!

I've saved all the seeds mind and plan to plant them for next year, but if these pods where shite the seeds will likely grow shite pods also? There pretty anyway I guess!

I do have a fair tolerance to opiates but nothing major. Also taken these on 600mg codeine (which I know is a bad idea with the codeine ceiling dose and OD) but I never got the opiate itches or anything!

Ground the last 20 up, had 10 earlier and 10 left :/ bit dissapointed.

Well, 15 is quite a lot of pods and I would be nodding out before I got half way through a cup of tea made with the pods I have.

Opiate content in pods can vary a lot, so depending on your tolerance it's very possible that the result is combination of these two factors. "Cheapest" is most likely going to mean "weakest" too! :) And yeah fresh pods are apparently stronger than dried, I've not tried them though so I can't say much about that.

I brew my tea for only 5-10 minutes, seems to be fine. I usually boil the kettle before I start work on grinding the pods so it has 10-15 minutes to cool down, never measured the temperature though. I only boil enough to make the tea I'm going to drink, about 300ml, so you could calculate an estimate of the final temperature if you felt that way inclined.

10 grams of pods is only, IIRC, about one pod! So I'm not surprised you didn't feel that!

I ate 10 grams of the grounds, probably more as I definetly had about 5! aswell as the drink! Though I'm sure the scales where wrong (Haven't been calibrated [probs) as there some new digital kitchen ones! I should have put a known weight on them. Did think it odd the pods where only 3grams each!

And yeah you pay for what you get, I think this supplliers not too great.

A few months ago they where everywhere and got quite a few from peoples gardens (within reach of the walls!) Still felt like a thief that was going to get in trouble though! Can't imagine obtaining 9kgs! Thats very impressive!

Anybody else enjoy rampaging their neighbourhoods for fresh pods? Havn't done it for donkeys, but I scored 9 kgs one year.

What affect will the rain this morning have on picking pods for tea if I go out on a search now?

When the plants reach the podding stage they need lots of sun to grow bigger and have more concentrated alkaloid content. If its starts constantly pissing down with rain just as the pods are beginning to form and grow, they stop growing alltogether, and thats what happened this year. The whole crop was literally a wash out and yielded nothing atall. All the plants died due to experimenting with pollytunnels. They do not like polly tunnells.

Lesson learnt.

If theyve already fully matured and it happens to be raining on the day you harvest them it doesnt matter. That is unless you're wanting to slit them for the opium ooze, then of course the rain would just wash it away.

Has anyone noticed a sudden, massive drop in the potency of poppy seeds? I know the usual "seeds vary, even in the same batch", but since late-September the quality seems massively lower. I used to be get some seeds of obscenely high (in terms of recreation, low quality for foodstuffs) quality seeds, black as the night and filled with leftover straw in great chunks from a local "yellow and black" supermarket and be able to get nicely high from 400g or so, every single time the quality was consistent, but recently it's taking 800g+ of these seeds, washed 3 times to get half as high as I could a few months ago. I can't be the only one to notice this?

70g of Hens and Chicks brewed up and drunk. Feeling pretty nice :)

It's not really obvious how to approach making a tea from these bastards, because they are quite complex, structurally.

Here's a picture:

papaver-somniferum-hen-and-chickens-opium-poppy.jpg

Mother hen sits surrounded by her chicks. I'm using dried pods so they're brown and the chicks are a bit shrivelled.

The problem: I don't want seeds in my tea as they make thing taste foul. Also I always crack poppy pods open to look, and smell, for mould. Well, I'm screwed if I'm cracking the chicks open and looking inside, that would take forever.

So my strategy is to assume that a mould-free hen is a strong indicator that her chicks are healthy too.

- take one hen, and her chicks.
- Break off all the chicks into an empty container.
- crack the hen open and empty the seeds into a jar
- examine for mould. if there is mould, chuck the lot. Otherwise...
- remove the stem and the really hard bit at the top of the stem and dump in a bowl, on kitchen scales.

Repeat until I've got enough material for a brew, (I started at 35g today but felt a top up was in order so had 70g in total) then brew as normal (pop into a juicer, add 70°C water and lime juice, blend to a soup, leave for a minute or two, pour into a mesh-type strainer and squeeze all the liquid out into a glass. By that time the tea is cool enough to chug back. So I chug it back.

I found surprisingly few mouldy hens today, I discarded only one pod out of about 20. Odds are much better than with Giganteum.

Now I have something to plant in my garden. When's a good time to plant poppies?

Mmmm hens and chicks were always my favorite.....uber strong and cozy!

As far as growing, I always had the best of luck with the least effort....they would grow best in the shittiest soil (like the driveway where seeds were spilled) and suffer when I really tried. They do like good drainage, hence the driveways fab success? I guess it depends on the harshness of your winter but I surprisingly got the biggest lushest plants throwing seed in the fall and letting em overwinter....but this was also at 47 degree latitude near the coast, and it rarely got below 0....these plants would sprout a couple dozen heads , more like a bush, whereas the spring plantings would be like 6-12 heads.

Poppy pods were available OTC all over the place in the states pre millennium.....grocery store floral departments, craft shops, farm stands, flower shops.... Then came along a book called "Opium for the Masses".......those days are but a distant warm memory now...

If I'd known this winter would be so warm I would have planted them months ago, but the last few winters have really been quite cold indeed for extended periods so this mild one is really unexpected. Missed that opportunity then. I'll try sowing a few now and see how it goes, I've got plenty seeds so it can't hurt!