• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

That's really interesting, I'll have to give it a go. Do you find you use less for a comparative level of effects (discounting the more rounded experience)?

I find it stronger and a more complete high, as if something in the plant doesn't dissolve when making a tea but gets absorbed better by the mucose in the mouth. To be honest it is fairly stronger on weight parity. Try to chew on a full teaspoon for a good ten minutes and you start feeling effects already

For me it's like with mushrooms, chewing mushrooms always produced much stronger trips than swallowing.

Also I always trust popular knowledge, there must be a reason why farm labourers in Southern Thailand have chewed kratom leaves for thousands of years instead of making teas, same thing with Khat in East Africa and coca leaves on the Andes. I've tried coca leaf tea and found it nowhere as potent as a fat quid of leaves put in the mouth and chewed and sucked.

That all makes perfect sense to me - and I would agree on the chewing mushrooms tip - so I'll definitely give it a go after my self imposed break comes to an end.

Thanks for the tip!

Do try the chewing thing even with the powdered leaf...

I don't see how that would be possible. Only had kratom (powder) a coupla times and the stuff is the driest substance known to mankind. It's drier than a thing that contains no moisture. It is anti-moisture. I just swilled the powder down with water (no problem with taste - ain't that bad nor that strong a taste) and the water was definitely required. The powder just sucked all the moisture out me mouth instantly. Couldn't've chewed it if you'd paid me.

Leaves sound more feasible but I'm not entirely convinced kratom is worth the money really. Seems to have potential but it ain't cheap. But given the lack of other legal opioid alternatives I suppose prices are always gonna be high.

I've merged three kratom threads into one nice thread for all our kratom knowledge ;)

So how long does a dose generally last for you? Often I re-dose within max. 2 hours to keep the nice FX going, which is a bit too frequent of a hassle. Depends on the strain of kratom + on how full me stomach is, sometimes I can stretch it to 3-4 hours :D

I have my first dose of the day and it gives me that mood-lift and little opioid buzz, but I don't usually feel any need to redose after the effects wear off, which probably happens over two or three hours, but it's so gradual I never feel "oh the effects are gone, need more".

So usually I just have one dose. I had a second late dose yesterday though, just for insomnia reasons.

I have my first dose of the day and it gives me that mood-lift and little opioid buzz, but I don't usually feel any need to redose after the effects wear off, which probably happens over two or three hours, but it's so gradual I never feel "oh the effects are gone, need more".
Yep, this. Would probably say 3-4 hours for me.

I'm finding kratom a godsend at the moment. I'm currently on an etizolam taper. Down to 5 mgs a day. It really helps take the edge off things. Green vein borneo is an excellent strain, although i'm currently on powdered 'Bali'. A couple of days off the kratom i'll have phenibut which also helps.

I bought a 30g sample pack many moons ago. I think it had 10g Bali, 10g Thai and 10g of summat else. Effects ranged from uncomfortable nausia and headache to "wow, this feels pretty damn awesome" but was so unpredictable that I never persevered or ordered any more. Like with my stupidly high sensitivity to codeine, a teaspoon of ground powder was more than enough kratom for me to feel the effects rather strongly.

Now that my codeine tolerance (dependency :|) has increased, I've been considering buying some more kratom for emergencies.

Enhanced kratom? Krypton super kratom? Thought that was laced with o-desmethyltramadol. Or is enhanced kratom something else?

My kratom-man offers an Enhanced Borneo, which is extract mixed with a basic indo strain. It's a bit more expensive than his basic strains.

My other kratom-man has small bottles of liquid extracts, either FST (full spectrum tincture, with the whole range of kratom alkaloids extraced) or just mitragynine. Rather pricey stuff.

Enhanced kratom? Krypton super kratom? Thought that was laced with o-desmethyltramadol. Or is enhanced kratom something else?
Yeah, I've heard about the powdered stuff being full of tramadol. Seems like there's a big range in quality of kratom available.

IIRC only that short-lived "Krypton" product contained o-desmethyltramadol (and no actual kratom, lol).

Kratom - an extraordinary potion of enchantment?

Just got my first bag of kratom - are there any kratom heads on the board with any thoughts, advice on it?

Thanking you.

So knock does it bounce off other opiates well? Such as codeine. Also does having a tolerance to opiates matter in dosing?

I'm going to get some its like 5-10 pounds.

Never combined it, but I've read it can synergise well.

Not sure about cross tolerance but you can develop tolerance to kratom easily enough. I think that most "hardened" opiate users take more than the chippers like me.

Let's get ordering!

Not going to combine with DHC at first, but if I do I will let it take effect for a while.

So I will start me and my OH on 5g each, and take it from there, sound good knock? She is a sensitive soul to opiates mind.

Last edited:
Just got my first bag of kratom - are there any kratom heads on the board with any thoughts, advice on it?

Thanking you.

Toss and wash. Although knock sensibly says five grams, you may find it underwhelming, but you can always top up. It's not mindblowing but can put you in a very nice comfortable place for a few hours.

Potentiates MXE, codeine linctus, then it really shines, a bit too much tbh.

TOSS AND WASH! enjoy.