• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The DMT (dimethyltryptamine) appreciation thread!

Hint: If you have impute DMT then recrystalize from petroleum ether for nice crystals. Sure, you loose weight, but the weight is CRAP. One trick I've seen Dutch dealers use is to mix the cheaper 5-MeO DMT into NN to increase profits, the bastards!
Anyone ever got hold of methyl ethyl tryptamine? I have a strong suspicion that it's stronger & better than NN but a bit more of a pain to make. For NN SWIM just exhaustively methylate with methyl iodide & dequat using DABCO. For MET you would need to make imine with ethylamine, reduce, then exhaustivly methylate & dequat...

Well, tryptamine is easy to make from tryptophan. Then you need ethyl amine and sodium borohydride, then you need methyl iodide, then DABCO (1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane) and dimethyl formamide solvent to yield the crude MET. Recrystalize with petroleum ether and voila! Mission-control, the Eagle has landed ;-)
Is it LEGAL in the UK, coz if it is...

Actually, can someone check this out. By my reading of MoDA, DMT & DET are both controlled, but none of the others are! Have I got a hopelessly out of date version of the laws? If not, MET would be legal as a 'research chemical' at least. Fun, baby...

But IS IT LEGAL in these fair isles? If so... well... fun! Is it better than NN DMT?

But IS IT LEGAL. I've been tooooo close to being busted to ever make a controlled drug again...

In Holland it is. A good supplier of rc's that recently quit his bussines also sold MET freebase.

haribo1 said:
But IS IT LEGAL. I've been tooooo close to being busted to ever make a controlled drug again...

Fraid not in the UK:

Any tryptamine (or ring hydroxytryptamine) formed by substitution in the sidechain nitrogen (but no where else) with an alkyl group...

Only N,N-diallyltryptamine derivatives aren't CDs. Maybe N-methyl-N-allyl as it's substituting into N-allyltryptamine, but I'm not sure enough about that to be the one to want to find out in court!

If there's an easy way to form N,N-diallyltryptamine, that's the one to go for in the UK (it's a close relative of the ultra-creamy DPT)

Allyl bromide on tryptamine then! Or diallyl sulfate, or triallyl phosphate? I vote for the phosphate... as for solvent... DMF...

haribo1 said:
But IS IT LEGAL in these fair isles? If so... well... fun! Is it better than NN DMT?

5MeO DMT has never been legal here either.

I personally would try to argue the alkyl versus alkenyl substitution, in front of a jury, they are too fucking stupid and tend to have problems reading and understanding the oath let alone the evidence.

haribo1 said:
Well, tryptamine is easy to make from tryptophan. Then you need ethyl amine and sodium borohydride, then you need methyl iodide, then DABCO (1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane) and dimethyl formamide solvent to yield the crude MET. Recrystalize with petroleum ether and voila! Mission-control, the Eagle has landed ;-)
Is it LEGAL in the UK, coz if it is...

fortunately for you the reaction scheme would not work, though you would still go to jail for attempting to produce a controlled drug contrary to section whatever of the misuse of drugs act.

haribo1 said:
^^^So, I hate 5MeO and wouldn't inflict it on my worst enemy!
earlier you said that you had made 5-meo dmt when it was legal, and I was dispelling the idea that it was or is legal in the UK. I assume that you are referring the the nederlands.

I am, and my reaction scheme works... I know from experience of other tryptamines with different N-groups? Feel free to point out any boners....I WILL hovever bombard you with lab-notes and reference...

haribo1 said:
I am, and my reaction scheme works... I know from experience of other tryptamines with different N-groups? Feel free to point out any boners....I WILL hovever bombard you with lab-notes and reference...

how EXACTLY does ethylamine add to tryptamine with borohydride?

the quat salt is less likely to form with larger alkyls too, the dabco step is not required, stoich. mei would give mostly tert amine.
though better is redn with formaldehyde-borohydride.