• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

Did they give a reason why they're cutting you off? Nowadays doctors know that benzos for sleep are best used only in short-term, but that due to the development of tolerance, and subsequent diminished therapeutic success. However, if the benzo(s) still work for the intended purpose for you, then I really see no logic in cutting you off.

If it were me, I would talk to the doc and explain exactly what's what. If you're using it therapeutically, and it's working as you want it to, then IMO you have every right to be using it.

Doc's don't really feel comfortable prescribing for long term, as much as I can tell.

DEA doesn't allow refills on pain meds anymore. You get a new script everytime.

I agree as well. Ninae has every right to continue her use of oxazepam.

Isn't medicine there to help people?

Yes, because of the pressure from DEA or the equivalent, docs feel uncomfortable prescribing too much abusable stuff, but this is a question of the purpose of medicine. My position in this is very firm. If Ninae has a legitimate problem, which is alleviated with the use of benzos without significant side-effects (let's be honest, the only real problem with benzos is they stop working at some point, which seems not to be the case with Ninae), then there is absolutely no reason to take it away from her. That's just bullshit.

In trying to catch up with all the potent posts around Bluelight the last week or so. This place is a deep reflection of what is transpiring in the greater world. A lot of injustice, hypocrisy, truth, wisdom, and also deception.

The recent deaths of valued posters is just...I dunno...I don't have the right words at the moment, but the feels are hard. Recent deaths this week also include at least one in my 'real-life' community. We seek answers, but unfortunately nothing is clear. I am also extremely grateful to have made it through this whirlwind (mostly) unscathed so far. I will try to take l lessons to heart and process them before trying to help heal any more wounds. There are a lot of misguided intentions, and I humbly admit times when I did something to try to help and ended up creating unintended ripples that caused more chaos. The times are troubled, and I wish everyone safety and serenity. A lot of bridges are burning in the fire these days, and the only option is to get busy building new ones that lead to greener pastures that haven't yet been torched. Humanity needs to do a better job at being conscious and active to protect what good is left, while we dust off the ashes of the fallout from our shoulders. I hope those who are still standing right now lend a hand to those who have fallen, not to turn away and leave them to fend for themselves. I understand the need for self preservation, so I can't blame those who need to take care of themselves first, but our interconnection as a global family also means that self-preservation includes helping our fellow humans.

A lot to be said, even more to be done.

Hundreds of dollars worth of torture later, my face is numb. Dentist. Meh.

Man, you lucky. My teeth are inifinitely better than they were 2 years ago. They were seriously totally filled with holes and quite a few of the molars broken. It cost me a fuckton fixing them, root canals and blah blah. Combination of taking drugs and neglecting myself and nightly teeth grinding, plus I did not see a dentist for years.

Today I got another filling and a teeth clean and rewhitening. Face feels a okay now see :D

Glad to hear that!

Woah, what a long week. Got a lot of projects on my hand. Probably another 2 months of this before most of the stuff is done. Extra moneys is nice though!

Oh, and 600 mg codeine to unwind at the end of the week. My dear laptop is still broken :c trying to find the part which is fried. It costs like 10 bucks, but need to find + order it, and then wait for decades before it arrives. Oh the joy.

I've never been good at making money. I've always worked, and worked hard at what I do--but my interests and talents don't fetch much and I'm a terrible self-marketer. I just retired from what I have done for the bulk of my adult life and I'm trying to figure out some way to make some money (we can't live on just our retirement income) without compromising my need to NOT HAVE A SCHEDULED ROUTINE. =D

I love you Miss Herbavore.

B_d is just sad because he can't play Minecraft on his laptop when it's broken.

JK, I know what it feels like since my beloved laptop is also broken.

Fixed my desktop though, it isn't any good for gaming.

I've never been good at making money. I've always worked, and worked hard at what I do--but my interests and talents don't fetch much and I'm a terrible self-marketer.

Exactly same here. I'm also a terrible self-marketer, and I don't really care about it. The projects were not initiated by me, I was just invited to help/take part.

My interests are also ones that may not make me a lot of money.

Welding is okay, but I'm only going to do it so I'll have a backup plan. Not to mention I have to pay for my college.

Pharma is just for me to be able to research and publish stuff without people undermining me, because I adore research and development.

But there are plenty of other things I'd like to publish.

Daily yoga really makes you muscular. I actually have biceps now. I reckon I'm going to become like this strong amazon woman. Or, I'm only 5'7, but I'm strong for a woman.

I'm 5'9 1/2.

193 pounds.

Started working out again. Strength training. If only I felt like being super active.

I'm 6'2" and 79kg whilst we're on this topic.

Doc's don't really feel comfortable prescribing for long term, as much as I can tell.

DEA doesn't allow refills on pain meds anymore. You get a new script everytime.

I agree as well. Ninae has every right to continue her use of oxazepam.

Isn't medicine there to help people?

They only dont allow refills on C-IIs and with the scheduling shift of all hydrocodone combo products to C-II, leaves only a few with Tylenol c Codeine the main one (also ASA c Codeine, DHC products, and Pentazocine. Sure Im missing a few). All the good ones are C-II though, so understand why you think this.

I agree with you and b_d that medicine (both the drugs and practice of) should help people and cutting them off, or decreasing them for no good reason is both medically and ethically dubious, but the fear of the DEA is understandable as a PM doctor or psychiatrist who has anxiety disorders as a focus would have a hell of a time treating patients without controlled substances. I think its a little overplayed this fear as if you are a doctor worth anything, you are doing the tests, trying non-pharmacological therapies, keeping good records etc. and you should have no worries you cannot prove this (I do realize an investigation on its own is a headache).

The bigger worry to me is the way, at least in the USA, that payment from both government and private healthcare companies can be lowered or stopped if you too frequently or too greatly stray from certain guidelines. Now for many disciplines this is justified. Evidence based medicine and using the proper techniques and treatment algorithims have been shown many times to improve outcomes (including decreasing morbidity and mortality) as well as enhancing a patients compliance and dedication to their therapy and their QOL. But pain management and psychiatry still have much an art to them. When an insurance company latches on to some arbitrary guideline (Im looking at you CDC guidelines for prescribing opioids) that both professionals and patients disagree with, in order to lower the amount paid out to non-compliant practitioners, the prescribers are put in a terrible situation that forces their hand to practice not as they see fit so they dont go broke and can at least sort of treat patients still. And the patient, well they are just shit out of luck and suffer often without even knowing why. Its already happening and Im unaware of insurance companies actually doing this with the CDC pain guidelines. But they do for other stuff so doctors are preparing.

Its a sad state of affairs but it is what it is.

Si.

USA is bullshit. Immoral. Not thought out.

My psychologist suggested as needed anxiety medication, but I'm doubting I'll actually get a prescription considering.

I always pictured you tall and slender sweeeelow.

Almost definitely a side effect of my previous willowy username?