• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Cricket World Cup.

[4:22:58 PM] MoMu says: replay --- ireland beats Pakistan, with 1 run needed, by SIX !!!!!

Their victory, fittingly brought up with a six by their inspirational captain, Trent Johnston, was perhaps the greatest upset of all World Cups. That Johnston from Wollongong, New South Wales, is about as Irish as a koala bear is of no matter.

[4:43:07 PM] MoMu says: does he have Irish parent / s or can one go back further
[4:43:16 PM] bettinghv says: i guess he must
[4:43:38 PM] bettinghv says: i have irish passport ;)
[4:43:59 PM] bettinghv says: via grandparents

xtcxtc said:
[4:22:58 PM] MoMu says: replay --- ireland beats Pakistan, with 1 run needed, by SIX !!!!!

Their victory, fittingly brought up with a six by their inspirational captain, Trent Johnston, was perhaps the greatest upset of all World Cups. That Johnston from Wollongong, New South Wales, is about as Irish as a koala bear is of no matter.

[4:43:07 PM] MoMu says: does he have Irish parent / s or can one go back further
[4:43:16 PM] bettinghv says: i guess he must
[4:43:38 PM] bettinghv says: i have irish passport ;)
[4:43:59 PM] bettinghv says: via grandparents

haha, see, you have the luck of the irish on your side........how can you lose......lol.

Well done to Ireland! This is great. We were going to be playing the Paki's in a couple of weeks and now it will probably be Aussie B (Ireland).

The death of pakistan coach Bob Woolmer may put a dampener on the irish cheer.
I wonder what he he died from....suicide?
shame?
'it was just his time'?

fuck it...i blame the irish each and everyone of them...they killed a great coach and a seemingly cool dude.
Or.....
As it was st. patricks day...maybe st. pat tried to help out the irish and as we know hes been outta the game a while.....perhaps he thought a win was not enough, so he dialed in a favor to the big guy upstairs.....and requested an immediate smitin' of the paki coach.

My money is on suicide at the moment.

Better than being set on fire and beaten with sticks by an angry mob.

Shame, he was well liked in the cricket world. Well when he was winning anyway.

Chaos Butterfly said:
And they said that minnows are bad for the world cup...

Go Ireland!!

CB :)
ireland is one of the biggest minnows around though...i mean look what happened to
Netherlands vs aus. Australia won by 229 runs...
Scotland vs Aus .Australia won by 203 runs
Sri Lanka vs Bermuda SL won by 243 runs
South Africa vs Netherlands SA won by 221 runs(scoring 350 off 40 overs with six sixes in an over from Gibbs)
All of those are demoralizing victories, 200+ runs.

But Ireland playing well and all is forgotten....
I think they should have a 2nd tier world cup where the top 2 or 4 progress to the real thing.

maxload said:
My money is on suicide at the moment.

Better than being set on fire and beaten with sticks by an angry mob.

Shame, he was well liked in the cricket world. Well when he was winning anyway.
The loss is the equivalent of getting your prized game cock murdered by a declawed bantam rooster.
Maybe the(suicide?) was in protest at the poor performance of his players?
ie.
"i'm old and nearing my end, you fucking pieces of shits lost to the irish. The. Irish. I want you to know that it is why i ended it, know that forever on you will be known as the team who showed such a lack of dedication you drove your coach to the noose."

Or of course Inzi coulda choked him out...
the possibilities are endless...lets hope its not just a boring old guy thing and a major coincidence.

Yeah I dunno...........if it was soccer then I would understand..........but this is cricket for heavens sake..........is it really that serious???

I guess time will tell aye.

Still bit of a coincidence so yeah

I heard it was a heart attack brought on by stress.... According to his son.

Sounds sketchy.

Also he was a diabetic.

I tell ya, with blokes ripping their biceps off and dying when they lose, cricket is a dangerous sport!

Is it normal for vomit to be spread arround the place in the event of a heart attack?

I was thinking more of an OD?

Oh and Isyamum has resigned as well now.

In the West Indies for the cricket World Cup, the Pope was at the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing the South Africa World Cup jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 20 foot shark.

As the Pope watched in horror, a speedboat pulled up with three men wearing the Australian World Cup jersey. One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side while the other two reached out and pulled the blue, semi-conscious South African fan from the water. Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I heard that there were some bitter hatreds between Australian and South African cricket fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies, "Who was that?"

"It was the Pope" one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well" the harpooner said, "he may have access to God and his wisdom, but he doesn't know jack about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up OK or do we need to get another one?"

Angry fans attack Dhoni's house

Furious Indian fans stormed the home of wicketkeeper Mahendra Singh Dhoni yesterday to protest the five-wicket rout by Bangladesh. They tore down walls and pillars of Dhoni's house, which is under construction, in the eastern city of Ranchi to protest the 26-year-old's performance in the shock defeat.
''Dhoni die, die,'' the protesters chanted, burning effigies of the long-maned player, who has scored 1,958 runs in 68 one-day internationals. State authorities deployed troops at the nearby home of the under-fire player's family to prevent possible attacks.
Former Indian cricket captain Kapil Dev, who steered his team to win the 1983 World Cup, meanwhile, appealed for calm. ''I hope Indian spectators don't take a step where we should be ashamed tomorrow,'' he said.
Police also intensified security at the homes of captain Rahul Dravid and players Anil Kumble and Robin Uthappa in Bangalore city and rushed troops to the home of disappointing all-rounder Virendra Sehwag in New Delhi.

See Freddy got dumped as Vice Captain for having a big night out?

He's pretty cool for a pom!

The whole Woolmer thing reads like a bad tv drama..

WC looks like Australia's to lose. It would be great if the West Indies could do it though :)

chopped_chimp said:
See Freddy got dumped as Vice Captain for having a big night out?

He's pretty cool for a pom!

anyone else, and they would be off the touring squad

Nice to see Canada showing some fight. They got within 50 of England, and they're batting quite well against NZ (just a shame that they conceded over 350).

From a Kiwi point of view it's very pleasing to see Vincent finally get some runs, and Fleming starting to put together some time in the middle (even if only against Canada). Our batting looks good - will our bowling hold it together enough to be a threat? Especially with Bond being very fragile, Mason and Gillespie raw, and Tuffey showing no form at all in his comeback.

Just seen Canada's score and i'm amazed and also glad because it makes us(England) look better! Canada have improved a lot it seems, if only the target was slightly lower...

Yay, NZ won. Poor old Patel though....I was reading on cricinfo that he was on a hat trick and the last Canadian player didn't come back out (he retired hurt earlier). How hurt was he??? Does the hat trick roll over till the next game?

Oh, and I want to speculate a little further on the Woolmer death. It definitely sounds like murder now doesn't it? Strangle marks on the neck and broken bones. It's well known that Woolmer and Inzaman didn't see eye to eye because of Inzy's laziness. Imagine if he is found to have murdered his coach??? I wonder if the world cup would continue if that happened?

Those guys must really LOVE their Cricket.