• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Volumetric Liquid Measurement thread

Measuring 2C-E with water

How would I do this? I know it doesn't matter what chemical it is, I just happen to have .5 of 2C-e headed my way, and I was wondering what the math would be. I want to dissolve it in just enough water so roughly 1 drop of water is an active dose. Any help would be appreciated, thanks =D.

If you have 500mg's, then dissolve it into, say, 50ml. Each ml will contain 10mg's.

However- you NEED to weigh the 2C-E first. You can't be sure if your getting EXACTLY 500mg, and with 2C-E its incredibly important to dose appropriately. The dose/response curve for 2C-E is very steep.

Also- I would avoid using measurements such as a "drop" of water. You need to be more precise.

I would also only prepare a small amount of the drug. No matter what liquid you use (and alcohol would be the best type) keeping drugs in liquid degrades them....

I dissolved 250mg in 250ml of water so I could be somewhat accurate with my syringe when dosing (since, as stated above, the dose-response curve is so steep).

I would suggest buying a medical-grade oral syringe with 1ml or .5ml graduations so you can be fairly precise. Don't use tap water, either. At the very least use filtered water. Distilled water would be better, and alcohol's the best easily-obtainable option (clear alcohols like Vodka, that is).

My tests as far as shelf-life in liquid is going well so far. I'm keeping my solution in the refrigerator with no alcohol added. I've had it for over a month now with no discernible loss of quality however I only dissolved 250mg which, with the help of friends, I can use up fairly quickly. 500mg might be tough to offload before degradation begins.

As a quick aside, does anyone know if this compound will have any tell-tale signs of degradation in an aqueous solution (color change, smell, etc.)? Or will it mainly be a potency issue when the compound breaks down?

Yeah, you guys are right 500 mg is a lot of 2C-e although I have a lot of friends who enjoy such things :D. Maybe a hundred mg in water...I donno, but I don't have a scale and I've never dosed on 2C-e before...and I can't seem to find a freaking scale either -_-.

Check the big and dandy scale thread for advice on scales. If you're going to use liquid measurement you don't need anything too accurate/expensive, as long as you're within say 10 or even 20mg weighing out 200mg it should be fine. You should work the dose up gradually anyway with your solution until you find what's a good dose for you. And the smaller the amounts you want to weigh the more accurate the scale needs to be.

Penthos, you might get a colour change, generally yellowing when a compound degrades, but at that dilution you probably wouldn't see it. 2C-E is very stable so I wouldn't worry about that. I've never tried it, but I don't like the idea of storing solutions without alcohol due to the possibility of bacterial/fungal growth, which I guess you could see or smell. It'll probably go bad because of that long before the compound degrades.

So the ol knife tip trip, just getting a little on the end of a knife won't work with 2C-e? Well it might but it might be a recipe for disaster??

So the ol knife tip trip, just getting a little on the end of a knife won't work with 2C-e? Well it might but it might be a recipe for disaster??

Yeah don't do this. Honestly the difference between a 14mg trip and a 16mg trip is out of this world. This is one I wouldn't get careless with, if I were you.

Also, with my batch at least, the substance wasn't a uniform powder. It was really light and fluffy and inconsistent which makes it an extra no-no for eyeballing.

i just ordered some 2c-e and p from a very reliable vendor,
i am planning on putting 50mg sample of 2c-p in at least 40% aboslut voldka(grain.
im debating putting either 100ml or 50 ml, (1ml = .5mg or 1ml = 1mg)
i strongly suggest using alcohol for longterm storage,
20% should kill of the bacteria.
good luck,
and make sure you are accurate,
ive been practicing with my oral syringe all week so i can accurately measure 50 mg,
what i do is suck up some water then flip the syringe and place it on a flat surface,
then put the marker to 10ml and pour water out until it matches 5ml.

Come on, it's like $20 or so for a scale accurate enough to measure out a hundred mg or so for liquid measurement...

^ this. Though I don't know what you're talking about with the syringe on a flat surface :? If you want to be as accurate as possible with the syringe, fill it with the solution to a ml or two more than you want to measure out, say 9mL if you want 8mL. Then turn it upside down, flick the air to the top and get rid of it by pushing the plunger. Once it's free of air, turn it back around and push the plunger down to 8mL, putting the excess liquid back in the containter. Pushing the plunger from 8mL to 0mL should dispense very close to the right amount. (The little liquid left in the nozzle is not part of that 8mL)

I plan to do this with 2c-i.. I was wondering if it was possible to put the liquid in a gel capsule of some sort?

DOx into eye dropper

Just wanted to bounce some measurements off of the more knowledgable people in here.

I have a friend who wants to put DOx into 1 drop doses for SWIM
he is using 5ml dropper bottles and wants each dose to be equal to 2mg.
Using a 25% everclear/ 75% water solution he intends to add .2 grams(200mg) of dry DOx (weighed on a .001 scale) to the dropper bottle and fill the bottle to the full line at 5ml with the liquid 25/75 solution. If 20 drops are equivelant to 1ml this should provide 100 drops at 2mg per drop.... Is this correct?
Also will the DOx fully dilute at this concentration?

Thanks for the help :)

DOx will certainly dilute by a country mile.

200/5= 40mg/mL -> "IF" 20 drop/ml -> 40/20= 2mg/drop

200mg/2mg/drop= 100 drops.

Yeah your math works out.

Saying this just in case; Be honest with your wares. There are too many things wrong with selling DOx while representing it as LSD to count. Health is at the top of that massive list.

SWIM will certainly do that... The people SWIM knows are familiar with DOC and prefer it to LSD. BTW is there any info regarding toxicity of DOC. SWIM has done research in this area and can only find instances of idiot shildren not dosing blotters correctly and ending up in the hospital getting aquanted with Thorazin.

It's all good if you call it by DOC; just don't say you have liquid acid. If dosed properly it's relatively safe but it has far more body load than LSD and lasts twice as long.

I find LSD a much easier substance to enjoy than DOC. DOC can be pretty rocky and hard nosed and lasts for a long time.

As for LD50 and all that stuff, I'm sure it's easy to find if you go looking in the right places, google is a good place to start. The main risk is psychological though.

Also, no Swimming on Bluelight; a simple first person "I" is the proper way to converse.

From what I understand having not done any DOx compound DOc is much milder and shorter than DOi or DOm. These trip reports seem to be very positive toward DOC. Basically stating that DOC gives an energetic feeling and lasts about 2-4 hours longer than LSD but is much more clear headed, less anxiety, and milder on the body than LSD. All the trip reports I have read regarding otehr Dox compounds and 2C seem to be very negative in regards to body load.

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=48025
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/225857-DOC-(2mg)-First-Time-Beyond-my-high-expectations!
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/225977-DOC-(8-mg)-First-Time-1st-Trip-Report
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal064.shtml

Having never done DOC would I be incorrect to make these assumptions about DOC vs. other DOx compounds?

Appologies in advance I know this is not the correct forum for this question but thsi is my last question on this issue. THank you all much

For those chemicals with which it might be better, or only dissolve in, ethanol, a higher concentration can sometimes be used. For example, 10mgs per milliliter using a .5mil syringe to separate. Obviously a more precise (smaller) syringe is essential. This of course only works if your chemical is soluble at that concentration. If it isn't simply add more ethanol in known amounts until it dissolves.

Thank you for breaking it down like that in laymen terms.8o This is pure genius in it's simplicity. It work's for me........

Last edited:
Well, nearly a 5 year old post but I definitely agree with it.

Using the 10mg/mL ratio works very well; it's easy to calculate milligram quantity. I use a 1cc slip-tip syringe without needle. Each unit (0.1mL) is 1mg of substance.

For any water soluble salt chemicals use vodka. For benzo powders, non-water solubles, use pure ethanol.

In this fashion I am able to make a 15mL vial contain 150mg of chemical. It's compact, measuring is quick and easy. Good sound method that's been my standard for a while now.

Anything I use infrequently like psychedelics I don't bother, just weigh the powder for a cap. The advantage of the vial/syringe method is not having to calibrate the scale and weigh powder every time you dose something.

what's better for 2c-b? Water ? How about alcohol? Can I use some home-made spirit? Vodka?

^Should be soluble in both water and alcohol, probably more so in alcohol. Vodka should work fine, AFAIK.

so i will b getting 60mg of DOC...the only container i wud prob use is an amber eyedropper bottle which my small one is 10mL...and i have a larger one which i think is a 50mL amber eyedropper bottle...how much DOC should be dissolved in a 10mL vs. a 50mL bottle if i want 500cmg-1mg per drop??