• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Volumetric Liquid Measurement thread

wud isopropyl alcohol be ok to use with DOC? i will be making my solution at ~200mcg/1mL....or 2.1mg/mL so i will be able to measure [email protected] plan on dropping on paper for dosing..Soreally my question is will isopropyl alcohol be safe to use if i evapoorate it before dosing???

small amounts of isopropyl alcohol are alright to ingest. what % is your IPA? maybe your vial should be a mix of IPA and water?

the ISO is 91%..and for dosing i was thinking of dosing on paper,then letting it dry out,of course,then dose that...still trying to work out a good solution to make up..what is the total amount an oral syringe can hold? is it 10mL? or does it hold 1 or 5 mL...i want to be able to use the increments on the syringe,and have each increment equal 200-300mcg...ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!?pl

please i will b getting chem in 2 dayz...but will prob not dose till weekend.but wud still like to have it already made

i've had a 10ml syringe and a 1ml syringe before. the 1ml syringe was sweet because i could accurately measure 0.1ml.

Also, for storing purpose, would a solution of 70%water and 30%alchool kept in freezer would last enough, like a couple months? maybe... 3-4?
Mostly, I'm talking of 4-aco-dmt here, so if anyone tried yet, it's fine by me :D

So in order to do liquid measuring properly, I would need the following materials

an oral syringe of 10ml

a graduated cylinder of 50ml or 100ml

a milligram scale

and glass vials to store the liquid in.

I lack everything except the milligram scale.

My question is this - what are the best oral syringes and glass vials that should be used for this sort of thing? I've done some searching and the oral syringes i've seen are a bit wide at the end, and so I am worried that a glass vial might be too 'thin' to put the end of the oral syringe into and draw some liquid from.

If I buy a 50ml vial, would it be too hard to take the oral syringe down if there is only 20ml of liquid? I also hope that I wouldn't accidentally knock over the vial while trying to draw liquid from it. (As I'm quite clumsy)

Help on these issues would be greatly appreciated

you don't really need the graduated cylinder

my "vials" are usually just pint sized vodka bottles

Ok so here's the scoop

I have some accurately weighed doses [a friend had access to an analytical balance and was kind enough to scale out a few doses of different 2C's (I/E/T2/T7)].

However, he had a tendency to make the doses larger for the sake of time. And now after trying at various levels I dont find the need to push these things to "higher" doses (the side effects are increased where as the positive effects are not imo)

I was wondering if diluting a couple doses in water, using a syringe to measure out smaller doses then proceeding to evaporate* the water off to give a desired *smaller* dose would have any effect on the aforementioned phens? (It is my understanding that these molecules are quite stable even in liquid so I dont see why evaping the liquid would make them less stable ... But I just thought I would ask your thoughts..)

*Note - to evaporate the water my plan is to fill the bottom of a box (its like a shoe box, though plastic with a snap on lid) with a layer of rice and place the bottom of an egg carton upside down upon the rice. I will then place epindorph tubes through the middle of the egg part, so that they are suspended off the bottom. I will then place a heating pad below the box and set it to low. I have tested this and the temperature reaches ~ 30 degrees C and takes ~2 days to evaporate.

Also, will this added heat be a problem?

Any and all thoughts are welcome .. Also before you suggest "just leave it in solution" ... Thats just not something I really want to do as I wont be using each substance more than once or twice a year if that... Unless evaporating will really cause an issue. .. ..Anyways

Cheers,
Tired

Could I store DOC or 3-MeO-PCP in propylene glycol effectively? Is heat required, and at what capacities (like mg/ml) are each full?

Great thread. I am about to do this for the first time since I'm using a compound with very small active doses. You've answered a lot of my questions about alcohol concentration and length of storage. But honestly I don't understand why people are dissolving things like 2c's where the dose is over 10 mg. A cheap $20 scale weighs 10mg just fine and then put the powder in a cap. But to each their own.

Anyway I am wondering if it's possible to use an empty spray bottle, like a perfume or mouthwash spray bottle - for example http://www.ebay.com/itm/330894693901 . If I measure the number of sprays beforehand, and adjust the concentration accordingly, that would be completely easy to carry around and use without the oddity of either syringes or droppers. Would it be reliable enough?

Also a pro tip, I was given a 1 ml syringe by my veterinarian which is marked in .1 ml increments. If you need something that tiny, go to a vet and tell them you need to dose your cat.

um why use a spray bottle? it is not that accurate. volume of each spray likely changes depending on how hard you press the sprayer.

that 1ml syringe is perfect, use that.

At home a syringe is fine, but like others have mentioned, a little weird out at a club or something. Also it's one more piece of gear to wash and store. Just wondering if it would work. Thinking outside the box etc. :)

spraying perfume bottles into your/other people's mouths at a club is pretty weird too :D

touche.

there are spray bottles out there that deliver an exact volume of liquid with each spray -- idk if they're commercially available in an empty/blank form, though. one example that i know of is Zicam Cough / Cold sprays.

touche.

there are spray bottles out there that deliver an exact volume of liquid with each spray -- idk if they're commercially available in an empty/blank form, though. one example that i know of is Zicam Cough / Cold sprays.

I was able to find nasal spray bottles on a very popular online auction site. They had them in 10ml and 30ml bottles.
After running many tests, they consistently seem to dispense 1ml/ 11 sprays (pumps) so every 11sprays is roughly 1ml.
I don't think this device would be too effective for something like DPT which you need 100mg+ nasally for an intense experience but it might work amazingly well with something with a much lower dosage like 4-aco-met or whatever.
It will depend on how much material you can dissolve into a solution. I'm planning on running some tests to determine the maximum solubility of various Tryptamines into propylene glycol. I will report back my findings!

In what order does one add substance and solvent? Substance first and then solvent, or solvent first and then substance? Does one have to factor in displacement?

I find it's better to add the solvent after, it's MUCH easier to achieve an even distribution that way.