• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Preparation Thread

The only thing I need prepared is my mood. Even if I am in a negative mood, I make myself believe my mood will lift soon.

Mental Preperation For Shrooms

i know the basics, like relax, chill, joke around, just be happy think positive etc.

but even with knowning that last time i had a bad trip, probably due to been in a strange town (newquay) on a beech with 500+ others..

anyway i plan on taken some tonight, at a friends party with 80 ppl with 30 acres of land..

it will be dark when i take them, and i will only be having a small dose 1gram ish, compared to the 2+gram i took last time..

so what should i do to ensure no paranoia and a good time...

btw i did search but didnt find much - some friendly input should help

thanks toke

I'd suggest you make sure that you are not too stoned beforehand. A little bit stoned can sometimes help the nerves, but too much will induce paranoia (maybe).

Other than that, just make sure that you are in a mindset where you are looking forward to the experience rather than worrying about it.

toker the only thing i can suggest is dont think too much about ur last trip during this trip because once u start to feel the familiar feelings of shrooms it may trigger something that reminds u of ur last trip and cause this one to be a bummer aswell. so just dont think about trip #1 and focus on making this trip good.
i wish you happy tripping. (im dosing 2c-i in 10 minutes YAY!!)
peace
...cat

Tripping with a non-tripping friend

If your tripping in a group, try and have someone who is not tripping, and use them as your security blanket, they are very helpful in directing your trip to the right destinations, and overcoming evil inside a room only if this is needed of course.. Although having a member of the group not tripping can upset your individual journeys because he/she cant come along.... I guess i have gotten used to the whole "designated 'Trip' Driver" routine. It has served me well on many occasions!!

Why have I chosen to trip?

Why have I chose to trip with this particular substance?

Do I have any questions now? Am I looking for solutions?

Am I looking for questions?

I ask myself those and similar questions. I try my best to put myself in an open mindset. I sit in silence and contemplation.

"To learn, to see, to seek, to be."

And into my body it goes! %)

pre-trip preparations

What do you do? Before taking LSD or magic mushrooms, I like to prepare myself at least a few days before the actual trip. The process is not a complicated one, nor is it elaborate. The easiest are the marijunana and orange juice. I like to smoke during the come-up and at least once more during my trip. OJ might be a placebo effect, I've never done too much research on the effects but the taste of fruit is wonderful. The next task is to read some psychedelic literature at least once a day. Psychedelic drugs are a very interesting topic and I've always been interested in learning about them. I'm not that interested in the spiritual nature of the drug. I will however admit the presence of God and the drug revealing you to yourself is something I've experienced. It is a great teacher of life as well as being a very fun drug for recreation. Never expect any life knowledge from a psychedelic experience but like love, let it find you. One thing I've learned from LSD is that life's questions may never be answered. Do not seek them all the time. Socrates once said,"Death may be the greatest of all life's blessings". You only get one shot at this and someday you will die. Enjoy life most of all, and be happy with yourself. Life isn't all about riches, notches in the bed posts or the car you drive. But mostly do what makes you happy and never hold your head too low.

Okay back to the preparations. Sorry, I tend to ramble if you didn't notice. The next step is the music which due to mp3 players is very easy. I just make sure the battery is at 100% and ready to go. Tripping indoors if very easy because I have everything I need. The spontaneous movie/tv show is always the rest and I'll rarely watch a new movie whilst tripping. Next, I like to call a few loved ones and keep up on things. Any loved one will do, but I like grandma the best. This is my indoor routine. Outdoor is a little more but I'll save that for some other time.

Lets recap...

-pot and oj
-read psychedelic literature/philosophy
-charge mp3 player
-tripping toys
(rarely used but easily accessed)
-call a loved one or two

Then I pop the dose with a friend or just by myself and let the trip curtain drop, and the colors flow. Mine is not too elaborate and I'd love to hear a few trip preparations.

-sherm-

I take the week before the trip lightly. I make sure the night/day i'm going to trip is free of all obligations and responsibility first and foremost, clearing up/rescheduling if need be, but i try to pick days that are free of anything to begin with. then, I try to leave everyone i interact with on a good note, don't do anything that would leave a negative impact on your mind or conscience, making sure that you're happy and stoked to go into this experience. If you have any second thoughts whatsoever, do not take whatever it is you're taking. On the day that i'm tripping, pre-trip meditation is a must. I meditate for 1-2 hours before i trip, depending on the substance. clearing everything out of my head that I don't want or need in there, going in with a clear conscience and psyche. I rambled too. He heh.

music is a must, water/fluids to drink that are tasty/good for you, cigs used to be requisite, but not anymore fortunately. some good bud, and a good buddy to trip with. OPen yOur mInD.

no pot, OJ or "trip toys" for me the rest sounds fine

for me nothing can be better than a good conversation on a psychedelic trip

My routine is to eat the drugs and then wait :)

I used to plan out my trips, but I found that that can sometimes lead to disappointment, and at the very least it always alters the most natural flow that the trip could take, which is very important to have, in my opinion. Lately, I've been tripping any time I feel strongly that it would be a good day/time to do so. That way, my mind has prepared itself. You know when you just wake up and your energy feels so positive, and you just know that today is going to be a good day? Well, when that happens and I also have a desire and opportunity to trip, I do it. The result of this is that my trips have been much more fulfilling and in a way more personal lately, and also 99% free of anxiety or negativity. It has helped me to appreciate just existing in the altered state, instead of trying to make something happen and then missing out on the whole experience.

Also, before tripping, I always make sure to have eaten something, but at least 4 hours beforehand, or hopefully 6, and not a large meal. I make sure to meditate/center myself and ponder on what I'm about to do before ingesting any psychedelics. I make sure, if I'm going to be inside, to tidy up a lot and get everything I may need on hand.

-lighter
-flashlight
-portable cd player
-speakers
-woods
-

have someone guide you through the woods by having you follow the flicker of a lighter, trust your instinct on where to go ;) haha

I find meditation helps, getting chores out of the way etc. Cleaning up can be good as well. I've had some trips where I end up cleaning because the mess I sometimes see around me in my environment is seen to be a manifestation of my mental state and can be cleansing on more than one level.

My pre-trips are usually filled with trepidation regarding dosage and whether I really want to trip. I always do, but then right before I have second thoughts. The initial come-up is usually unpleasant as well and I regret taking the drug but that always seems to pass, there is often depending on the substance a period in the come-up where I feel the need to lay down as well.

I really think a 'pre-trip' ritual or routine is very helpful. I think every shamanic culture that has ever existed (or at least lasted long enough for us to know about them) has emphasized the importance of the pre-trip ritual. One common thing I saw when I was in Peru, and worked with shamans who use Ayahuasca exclusively and San Pedro exclusively was that there pre-trip preparations were were similar.

A cloth matt called a 'maisa' is layed out and sacred objects like crystals, rocks, artifacts of spiritual signifigance etc. are placed on it. Prayer is said, for protection, thanks and invocation of spirit guides, helpers, beings of light etc, intention for the journey is set and the sacrament is consumed.

I think this method is very psychologically helpful and greatly minimizes the chance of negative experiences, I plan to adapt a similar method for my own pre-trip ritual.

I would be interested if anybody can remember what Terence McKenna's pre-trip preparations were. I recall him mentioning them in a talk I heard, but I can't remember what he said. I know he said some type of 'prayer' although he wasn't a religious person. But if I were going to be taking 5 dried grams in total darkness, I would likely be praying too : )

slippy sleeveen said:
I have recently found the most important preparation for tripping to be a full night's rest.
aka prep for everything

^-- A full night's rest is crucial.

I also do a "light fast"; if I'm dropping acid or something long-lasting, I'll probably dose by noon-ish most days; I don't eat anything beforehand.

If I'm dosing acid later in the evening, or taking mushrooms or something else that's short-acting, I will refrain from food for at least two hours beforehand, and try to eat only a light lunch that day. No red meat, caffeine, etc.

On acid, I often find myself cleaning my room during the come-up, neatening things, straightening piles, and making last minute adjustments to any toys I've brought along (guitar should be tuned ahead of time, spread out a table cloth underneath any paints if I'm going to be painting, any foods I plan on eating during the trip should be as prepared as possible).

I just take the night before easy, relax..music and enjoying myself

right after taking the good stuff, its fun to ride around back roads and smoke some then get a solid destination (if the driver is tripping as well).

Nothing in particular. Take it easy listening to music, getting any little work/errands out of the way. I will usually have the chem and dosage preplanned but that is just for convenience sake. I'll eat a little lighter that day (like a small bic), depending on the time of ingestion and the chem in question.