• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Trip Abortion Thread

Well I've been in the situation of tripping on DOB and eating too much hash, which sort of made the amount of DOB I was tripping on too much as well. It was nerve grating and space-warping. Well I could do with the increased number of perceived spatial dimensions and appearances of wormhole kind phenomena and rips / tears, but the nerve grating was just too harsh and sensory overloading. I aborted with 10-20 mg of diazepam. Hard to say what I would have done without it but I probably wouldn't consider tripping on stimulant psychedelics again without having some on hand.

Be careful with benzo's or other sedatives that are known for having a considerable amnestic component. Don't take too much all at once, go slowly and see when enough's enough. Often taking the edge off will reduce the urgency of the situation. Losing your memory and inhibitions at such a stage can obviously be devastating. Also something that happened to me, which I really would not want to repeat. That was with alprazolam.

Tough Love Approach....

First..Put on some Nugent to set the mood...Wango Tango or Cat Scratch Fever is nice.

Second..Get over them, and with an authoritative tone say "You think all that pansy-assed stuff in your head is scary? I'll show you something that's really scary! "

Third...Take your belt off real deliberately..and use that belt to beat the bad-trip out of him/her!

Works every time!

But seriously...strong kava (like pgn) works great..it's as calming as a benzo, but also has a nice, warm euphoria that's very comforting...and will turn a trip from bad to good without numbing it out to much...your still very high, but suddenly enjoying it instead of dreading it.

Last edited:
I've only aborted one trip once. Aborted with Seroquel about 2 hours in. The chemical was supposed to be 4-aco-dmt, but was mislabeled. I suspect it was one of the other 4-acos, but I have no idea which one. Could have been anything. Wildly different effects from 4-aco-dmt.

Anyway, I aborted about 1-2 hours in using (old) seroquel. Took an hour to kick in, then all the effects suddenly stopped. Going full on 100% and then everything just faded away in about 5-10 minutes, then I drifted off to sleep. The hour that I had to wait though felt like forever thanks to time dilation. Not that I recommend it, but there is something kind of cool about watching a trip go from 100% to 0 in 5 minutes.

Seroquel works, even if it's old.

Interesting ^

Still have some of that (Seroquel) somewhere but never used or tried it. The occasion would indeed be something along those lines. Maybe I'd better become familiar with it once on forehand just to be sure. Although I really don't feel like that, and am not sure what to expect. Does it take much longer than 24 hours to go back to normal? I take it there are no lasting side effects either?

If you had another 4-AcO then I still assume the reason to abort is overdosing at your own fault (which of course can happen to some extent, at least marginally, if we are a little overenthousiastic), because there shouldn't be one more potent than the -DMT variety. Correct me if I'm wrong. And certainly it could have been another compound altogether. Not sure what dose you weighed, or if you are curious about the whole thing. I know we don't do IDing but sorry cannot help analyzing / investigating.

I have used Olanzapine to abort (with vary effectiveness/mild) 2C-T-7 (I think, definitely one in the 2C-T-x class) and come-down from methamphetamine (on the thought it being a dopamine antagonist).

Also Domperidone (not available in the US), also an antidopaminergic drug, primarily (afaik) used as an antiemetic during/after cancer treatment but generally also (great for hangovers! ;) ), after a methamphet binge.

Removed double post. :)

So domperidone reduces peripheral stimulation? Would it also be handy on the tail end of something like TMA (1/2/6) or DOX (C/I/M) ? Very interesting, worth a try when I get around to things like that. I think I have some domperidone lying around somewhere - thanks a lot.

Ah, apologies, thanks! :)

I find it difficult (I've only looked primarily at Uni however on the Internet also) to find good information on Domperidone. However I do think I've got some papers somewhere, I'll dig them up.

Olanzapine (Zyprexa) to abort a trip

Hi,

A few weeks ago, i had a bad episode of derealization, which really sucked. well a psychiatrist prescribed me Zyprexa for it, which is an antipsychotic and serotonin/dopamine antagonist. i do not take it any longer, because it sent me into a zombie-mode, which i guess made my depression from the DR even worse i think.

the thing is, since my DR wasn't directly caused by a drug experience (well it occured the first time when i came down from kratom, but i'm not sure about the correlation), i don't think i'll never trip again in my life. it'll be a long time before my next trip (or even joint), but i guess it will happen again.^^

since i still have a good amount of the zyprexa on hand, will they work to abort a trip on a 5HT-agonist (like shrooms, LSD)? my guess is yes, but i think it's a matter of receptor affinity and stuff like that, so i'm not entirely sure...

greets :)

Works great to abort trips, I have used it for such purposes. I usually dose around 20mg, and am asleep within an hour and a half.

It's probably better to work through a bad trip with a sitter and you'll probably gain more out of the experience this way too. It could be useful as an absolute last resort though.

I could be wrong though of course.

^ definitely is best to work through a bad trip, but sometimes just the fact of knowing you have a safety net is enough, especially of you're recovering from a difficult experience.

I have heard of it being used in such a way and it sounds effective... but as stated before it's usually a last resort. I don't really like the idea of messing around with anti-psychotics very much.

yeah of course i would only take it in case of a bad freakout. i do not take tripping lightly and won't abort a trip just because i feel uncomfortable. but yeah, having a safety blanket ain't bad in my opinion.

thanks for the replies!

Interesting ^

Still have some of that (Seroquel) somewhere but never used or tried it. The occasion would indeed be something along those lines. Maybe I'd better become familiar with it once on forehand just to be sure. Although I really don't feel like that, and am not sure what to expect. Does it take much longer than 24 hours to go back to normal? I take it there are no lasting side effects either?

If you had another 4-AcO then I still assume the reason to abort is overdosing at your own fault (which of course can happen to some extent, at least marginally, if we are a little overenthousiastic), because there shouldn't be one more potent than the -DMT variety. Correct me if I'm wrong. And certainly it could have been another compound altogether. Not sure what dose you weighed, or if you are curious about the whole thing. I know we don't do IDing but sorry cannot help analyzing / investigating.
Sorry for the late reply, didn't notice this until just now.

It wasn't an overdose, just an unpleasant experience. I was thoroughly freaking out (which is absolutely my own fault) and decided to abort. It had this terrible skin buzzing, I don't know how to describe it other than an intense buzzing feeling all over the skin all over the body. It was certainly normal dose range effects though, I was just not doing well with it and aborted.

Seroquel makes you feel emotionally flat and spacey for the following day after a single use. It's not unpleasant, just kindof a very neutral feeling. I'd say after effects for just under 24 hours with no lasting side effects. It should also be noted that seroquel is a dopamine antagonist, so it should work for killing stimulant effects as well as psychedelic effects which could be particularly useful for ending a stimulant psychedelic. The main immediate effect of seroquel is extreme sleepiness caused by histamine antagonism, and the after effect is flat emotions and spaceyness for about a day. It's really not an unpleasant drug, but high doses do make it unpleasant.

If you test it, start very low and only take it before bed because it will cause extreme sleepiness.

Last edited:
Also, there's a form of meditation that is known to work.... I spontaneously figured this out on my own once when I felt "uh-oh... feeling scared... bad trip approaching", then read an an entire web page about it somewhere that I have now lost.

A type of meditation where you "step back a level" from the experiences that are scary or depressing... and try to BE the "eye" that is one level up, watching the normal "you" going through the bad thoughts. If the bad trip invades this level, step up again, and be the EYE who is observing THAT viewer.

Its hard to explain but somehow its very easy to do when in a bad trip, almost intuitive.

Like playing "Watch the Watcher".... I get a sensation of mentally BACKING UP, and the fear in me subsides and I start to have this really detached cosmic point of view, as I become the cosmic mind's eye watching the "silly me" below get frightened by the scary monsters and hallucinations

You tell yourself that EVERYTHING IS ORIGINATING INSIDE YOUR OWN MIND... your OWN consciousness is the one who is creating ALL thoughts and feelings, including the scary, threatening ones you feel during a bad trip... then you back up a level and observe this very process down below in the "normal" you, generating its own chimeras to scare itself with.

This kind of mediation has a name but I forget what it is. In meditation it is used stop the thought-generating machine in our heads... you try not to think, but if/when you do you visualize stepping back and observing the level of mind that is concocting the "thought.".. and just by this simple shift of inner perspective, you are no longer "having" the thought, but rather now you are "observing it from afar," and it does not really belong to you or control you and you can let it evaporate.

This is the essence of mindfulness meditation, and I'd say it's one of the greatest uses of LSD- it strengthens this inner power of observation in your daily life. You notice that you're no longer being swept by the tide of the mind on a regular basis, but that you are observing life from a neutral perspective, without judging, interpreting, analyzing, etc.

Cocaine has stopped me from tripping. After a few big lines the acid buzz was null and void. I was bummed if I would have known I wouldn't not have done the blow.

@welderman: that exact thing happened to me as well the only time I took coke.

@thread: Check the Trip Abortion thread for more on this. (oh nevermind, actually merging now)